Carlton Hotel

limy

Kelvin told us if not for the 4 pillars in the ballroom, carlton's wedding packages will be selling like hot cakes. They will also not have to give cheaper pricing for Sunday. A bit ya ya lor!

I asked if I book for 15 tables and later increase to 20 tables how? He said cannot. I must decide whether it's going to be less than 16 for the esplande or at least 25 for the empress. Is it so?? But I thought this kind of things quite hard to control one mah....

Zhuzhu,
I'm not sure whether Kelvin is new. He emailed me carlton's package and his colleague (Agnes) arranged for us to meet up. But he seems very busy, meeting all day one...tt's why Agnes had a hard time arranging the meet-up. Keep having to go back to him to confirm the time and date.

Serene,

We requested for a complimentary parking coupon from Kelvin before we left. After getting the coupon we made full use of the coupon by parking our car there and went shopping at bugis junction. Too angry and wanted to get back!
angry.gif

I believe it's a norm for hotels to give parking coupon if you go down to discuss wedding packages with them.
I'm not sure about other cordinators in Carlton but I think from most of the feedback given here, the rest should be quite fine. Probably you can try Lena and Diana as recommended by the rest.
happy.gif

I personnally would strongly advise you against Kelvin!
angry.gif

sereneli

hi limy,

so which hotel have you book instead?

i have made an appointment to meet Diana this Saturday cos Agnes referred me to her. I must remember to take the complimentary parking and go Raffles City for shopping....kekeke
lol.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Limy
now i heard from u..also feel very pissed off by kelvin..dun worry, like what KK said..insist for a change of coordinater if you wan to take carlton..

But actually when kelvin say cannot have change of function room also cannot blame him lar..if on the same date..got ppl wanna booked the empress ballroom..then he also duno what to do..then if u increase the tables when the date gets nearer..it will become too cramped for ur guest and you also got headache...i think if you are able to up your # of tables say to 18 tables..maybe can negotiate for the empress ballroom.

Hi Serene
the last time when we went down..Jerrie also asked if we drove and give us the complimentary parking..the 2nd time we went to sign the contract..she also gave it to us..somemore we were offered drinks..(cheapskate hor..
biggrin.gif
)

blueberry

Michelle,

I check for you tom.
Glad that you like the food.

Zhuzhu,
I think it's nice of them to give complimentary tickets and drinks. It is something which we dun need it but it is nice that they do it.
happy.gif

Anyway, we are very nice customers too. :p

Serene,

rest assure. Diana is a nice girl...

sereneli

Hi KK,

Hopefully.
happy.gif

Anyway, my hubby suddenly thought of thinking the M-Hotel Zen Package cos the money saved can go better places for honeymoon. So now still deciding.

limy

Hi Serene,

Me now considering traders...I have been talking to them over the phone and face to face quite a few times. So far, find their attitude and service pretty good and made me felt real comfortable and at ease...
happy.gif
Especially the manager and one of the coordinators. Very patient and accomodating...
Heard from friends who attended wedding there that their food not bad too...
I think the down side is the location of the hotel not as convinient loh...

Can you tell me more about the Zen package from M-hotel?

Hi zhuzhu,

of all the 5 to 6 hotels we went to, carlton is the only one which didn't offer us drinks nor parking coupon. We had to ask for the coupon ourselves. A bit thick skin but we too angry to care so much at that time...

I agree with serene it's not cheapstake mah
happy.gif
This is ji shao cheng duo mah...financial planning..keke...
biggrin.gif

sereneli

Hi Limy,

Wow, I like Traders but the downside to me is the reception area and the entrance is opposite a pub. Other than that I love the place.

Zen package is @ $568 nett for both weekdays and weekend. Free flow of beer but only thing is it's held in the function room and not the banquet suite.

btw, when's ur AD?

limy

Serene,

Pub? Hmm...I didn't notice there is any pub around. You mean the main enterance to Traders?

Ya...the recep area is pretty small. But luckily I'll be having only around 150 to 180 guest. Shouldn't be that cramp I hope...
happy.gif

Do you mind sending me the Zen packages for M-hotel to take a look? My email add: [email protected]
Thanks a lot! :D

My AD not fixed yet..heehee...we seeking second opnion from another fortune teller. He will only reply after the 7th month cos it's not advisable to select marriage date in the 7th mth.
We'll be having 2 separate days: one for traditionally ceremony and the other for banquet. So the date is not that crucial for us..
happy.gif

zhuzhu

*give me five* KK
Agreed with u..we are NICE customers..
blush.gif

But hor..very hard to get Diana to reply to email one..she will reply to you then suddenly MIA..

chalris

I agree with that Kelvin's attitude...
nono.gif
That's the problem why we are still pending the confirmation of the hotel...

blueberry

Zhuzhu,

She got so many couples. anyway, you will get to hear more from her when you are due for your stuff to clear...
you got the schedule right??? Three months get the card stuff.......

aaa

hihi kk, happened to see your post, hv got carlton pkg booket, tot oni invitation card is given and printing is excluded...did u sign yrs on show show that they gave complimentary printing?

blueberry

batt,

It is more worthwhile to book your venue during the fair. but there is pro and cons.
you might not get the date you want.. so best to know where you want and your exact date.
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hi KK
Ya got the schedule..but I kan cheong type..since now I am so free wanna clear as many stuff as possible..dun like last min rush..
happy.gif

Hi Batt
Must say that the perks given during last yr fair was quite good. Is carlton going to hold any fair this yr also? I remember last yr they hold it around sept/oct.

blueberry

Michelle,

regarding the register, they printing company will call you a month before your AD. so you just need to get ready your pix for them to scan and print.

Zhuzhu,
better to have more time to plan than late.
dun like me.. doing everything now..... :p

zhuzhu

Hi Michelle
aiyoh you blur lar..
crazy.gif
already booked carlton..big day coming in a couple of mth..no need to check for any bridal fair..

sereneli

Hi gals,

just went to carlton and traders yesterday.

Diana is really a nice lady. The minute she saw my hubby, asked if he drives and also offered us drinks
smile.gif

the only thing that we don't really like is the bridal suite looks abit old but it's not in our priority list, so it's still ok.

Now pending which to take between Traders and Carlton heehee....

sereneli

Hi Zhu zhu,

just to check with you on Carlton package. Do you have to pay additional price for the muslim/vegetarian guest? or just the normal price per table.

Thanks

angelia_lim

Hi Serli

I actually sign up the package with Carlton Hotel.For Muslim/vegetarian guest, you need to pay $50plus on top of the normal price per table. But this is what i will do, I will add in another chinese to that table with Muslim/vegetarian to cover the cost. Carlton is ok with 11pax in one table.

sereneli

Hi Angelia,

$50+? How much is your package for the per table? Cos Diana quoted me $66.80 nett. So I thought a bit "bu hua"....

That's why thought of putting 11 to a table. Do you know if it's squeezy for 11?

angelia_lim

Hi Serli

My package is $628 per table(I think so).Maybe i remember wrongly cos i have not confirmed very thing with them yet.

Yesterday, i went down to c my coordinator, she said that she can change a bigger table top for the table with 11paxs, but if there is space allowance.

angelia_lim

Sorry

I can't remember the price what i know is that i took the cheapest package that you can use it during on Sunday too, with free flow beer.

Have you seen the table gift???

sereneli

Hi Angelia,

Then I think it's the same lah...*phew*
156834.gif

Yup, got chopsticks, candle, key chain, bear etc

FH said take the key chain, more practical...kekeke

sereneli

heehee I actually like the chopstick but FH said if for friend, it will be so wierd for him/her to use the chopstick at home cos different from others
happy.gif

the bear is cute but i doubt my relatives know how to appreciate them....kekeke

sereneli

heehee sorry me blur blur...

u asking me or telling me??

if asking hor,u canorder for one guest and additional cost is $66.80 nett. $50++ is Angelia's rate lah

michellekoh

Hi gals,

happy.gif
just check with Carlton, the charger is per person example your package is $768 than on top add $76.8 on the table that have vegetarian guest.

angelia_lim

Serli

My package consist of free flow beer, food tasting for 10 paxs, one night stay at the bridal suite, signing poster, free usage of the projector, etc

sereneli

hi michelle,

wow, congrats!

must be excited lio right?? kekeke

how's ur experience with them so far? Is Diana your co-ordinator?