Carlton Hotel

michellekoh

hi gals,

any of you menu to lotus rice during your wedding dinner. As i request to change but Lena mention it may not gd for guest because is "nui me" & the guest cann't finish. any comment?

babies

hi michellekoh , i think the most important is what u like, off the topic a bit, maybe i know how much u pay for the deposit for carlton ? 1k 2k or 3k ?

michellekoh

Hi Joa,

Thks, I deposit $2k. when is your wedding? Mine in 30 oct
happy.gif

babies

mine will be next year ... wow urs is 30 oct this year ? then its very soon ! congrat , by the way, that lena service good anot ? friendly ? n what wedding favour u choosing ?

babies

went to see the deco last week , sad to say, my FH n i dont like carlton ballroom , find it a bit small ... so now we have to start searching .... =(

blueberry

Camy,

Is there a show in Oct?? I dun get it.

Hi Michelle,

How's your preparation.
Is your co-oridinator Lena?? I din get to see her. Mine is Diana. so far think their services are better than Jerrie.
You went food tasting??

michellekoh

hi kk,

this coming sat i will going down for food testing. I cooridinator is Lena, up to now feel she better than jerrie..
happy.gif

i have done my PS n waiting for my album. how abt u?

zhuzhu

Hi Ladies
How soon do we do the food tasting..I emailed Diana but no reply from her yet. My hubby also waiting for her reply...

michellekoh

hi Zhuzhu,

food testing should be before 2 months from the AD. mine AD is on 30 Oct. better give Diana a call they mind not checking their email.
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi Michelle,

I haven done the food tasting. think will do it in Sep.
I have also done my PS, now waiting for the album.
Send card for printing last week. so should be getting back this week. Have you selected your favors.

ZhuZhu,
Yours is still some time later. so maybe try to have your food tatsing when it is nearer your date. Then they will remember what type of food do you like.
happy.gif

blueberry

Michelle,

Glad you have taken the cards.
Which card did you took?? I took the pink ones..
We did hot stamping on the card. Yet to collect. anyway, now 7th month. so can slowly write the guest names and send them later.

zhuzhu

Hi KK
Aiyah I kan cheong..anyway Diana just called me..say actually we have a checklist on the wedding. I almost forgot about that..by the way, did you paid extra for printing of the cards?

blueberry

Michelle,
Haha.. Great taste too..
Just received a call from them. can collect the cards.

Zhuzhu,
Why you so Kan cheong?? you got a lot of things to do??? Printing and cards are provided by the hotel. It's part of the package.
Dun be kan cheong, just do what is necessary, then you wont feel kan cheong. So far the people there are very nice. so they will help you..

sereneli

hi gals,
do you gals have any pics of the ballroom for carlton, especially those with the actual setup?

they told me that there won't be any wedding due to the 7th month and if i want to see actual setup, it will only be in September but I need to make a decision between Traders and Carlton.

Can email me if you gals have the pics?

Thanks a zillion. [email protected]

blueberry

Hi Serene,

Sorry but I dun have any pix on the ballroom.
You can try to PM Babyvon to show you her wedding dinner pix.
You are pending Traders and Carlton??? Why???

sereneli

Hi KK,

I will try to find Babyvon.
happy.gif
Thanks.

Heehee I also dunno why I chose these two hotels, probably price is within our budget. Carlton is more for accessibility cos it's in town. Or do you guys have any better recommendations?

happy.gif

blueberry

Serene,

Haha... I was like you one year back. pending on traders and carlton...
but decided on carlton, coz of accessibility.. MIL wants it... better also..
have you tried the marina side hotels like pan pac, oriental, mandarin
still got to see what is your proity.

sereneli

KK,

oh really? I have seen Traders ballroom w/o setup. Seems ok but with 2 pillars.
Pan Pac doesn't have my date and Oriental and mandarin, don't really like
happy.gif

blueberry

Serene,

When are you having your dinner??

Michelle,

Have you given them the pix to do the A3 guest register??
Wonder when they need it.

limy

Hi all,

May I ask, are the cordinators flexible with the perks or do they stick strictly to the package with no room for negotiation?

Thanks!
happy.gif

michellekoh

kk,

i dun knw, aiyo blur blur have to ask them. later i find out than let u knw.

hi limy,
happy.gif
v r customer hv to negotiate for the best haha.. is all depand on individual need and is the request beyond their limit or not.

zhuzhu

Hi Serene
Traders is kinda inconvenient esp for those who don't drive cos its a long walk from the MRT. The funny thing is..I booked Carlton whereas my sis booked Trader..
wink.gif

Hi Limy
Like what michelle said..it depends on what you need..For my case, when I signed up Carlton last yr..bascially it cover everything i need..so i din bargain for any extra perks.

zhuzhu

Hi Serene

I found 1 pic of Carlton stage setup which Jerrie sent to me previously. Had sent it to you already.

sereneli

Hi Zhuzhu,

Thanks for sending me the pic.I personally prefer Carlton but my hubby prefers Traders. So now we are trying to work things out
happy.gif

blueberry

Michelle,

you also blur now..
got a lot of things to do... I suddenly realised :p
I just book my food tasting. mid next month.

Serene,
Got to work things out fast. coz of the booking. esp if your date is a hot one...

Zhuzhu,
seems like your family will get to taste two good food.
I like trader's management team. they work as a group for your event. whereas Carlton only have one to a couple.
foodwise both are good.

blueberry

Serene,

haha.. those were the days. think you will be doing a lot of hotel shopping these few days. then will be the BS shopping later.... hehee...
Hope you have good news....

sereneli

KK,

urgh...this is one shopping that I don't like cos it comes with stress plus burn a deep hole in the pocket. kekeke

limy

zhuzhu n michelle,

as i only have 15 tables, there won't be any complimentary barrel of beer nor food tasting for the scent of love package. These are the 2 things I would like to negotiate with them. But I personnally think it's a bit off their limit...

Thinking about traders too...but no free flow beer and they charge wine corkage...

Serene,
I don't enjoy this kind of "shopping" either...it's both finanicially and emotionally stressful for me
sad.gif

michellekoh

hi limy,

should have the complimentary for food testing & 30 litre of beer. v took the scent of romance wedding package. i also have 15 tables only. check v them again.

limy

I went down to Carlton on Sat and had the worse experience of my entire hotel hunting so far..

The manager (Kelvin) seems very aloof and not interested in talking to us. He doesn't protray a sense of professionalism and can't seems to wait for the whole sesion to end. There wasn't much pictures to show and he flipped through them very quickly. We only converse for 15 mins,the shortest I ever had.

Me and my FH blacklisted carlton cos of his attitude. Can't imagine if we have him to coordinate our wedding. He made us feel as if we owe him something!
sad.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Limy

Sorry that you had a bad experience with carlton. Was Kelvin a new mgr? I tot they only had lena(or linda) and diana?

sereneli

Hi Limy,

Is it really that bad? Been wanting to try Carlton but my hubby always dun want to go cos the parking is $6 per entry. So we have been putting off the visit to the last
sad.gif

michellekoh

Hi Limy,

I never hear about Kelvin. so bad his attitude! Lena is more senior than my food testing comment from my relative are great.
Can feedback to Carlton or call Lena to feedback must let him learn the lesson.
Now I feel angry leh,,, aiyo..

blueberry

Limy,

You can always request them to change a co-ordinator. you are paying the money not them.

Michelle,
maybe becoz we took the promo package. that's why we get many stuff.
How's your sat food tasting?? got change any dish?? Have you check out the A3 register??? If not I check them out this week. (meeting them)

Serene,
wont burn your pocket if you do a good research. sometimes you gain. becoz of bigger angpao. :p
dun worry lah. once in a lifetime. won't get another chance.. enjoy the process. bitter first than will be sweet.

sereneli

Hi KK,

yeah i know but now problem. many hotels are booked on the date that I want. Left with only Carlton, Traders, Amara & M-Hotel

so gotta do my homework real fast