Carlton Hotel

zhuzhu

HI Qiqi

I think Jerrie is quite ok lar..its more like give and take thing lor...

Hi Popie
Haven gone for my food tasting yet. Outlook wise, i guess alrite..but there are 4 big pillars in the ballroom. But I think the package is considered one of the most value for $ around that area.

qi_nd

Hi Zhuzhu,
huh!!! must go down and view first... hope they have other ballroom? DO they have there? Zhu, you have any idea? But thank you for your info....Im going to view Novotel Apollo and suntech and carlton together on 22 may sat.. wow hot day!!!

Hi Popie,
Have you met any banquet mgr?

delightfly

Hi, Guys,
You can log in to the previous post message in February for the wedding decoration, it was nicely done by Carlton. Jerrie was telling me that it might be change for new theme for next year but she cant guarantee how is e decor...

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

Din chat with you for a long while.
Hope your preparation went on smoothly.

Meet up with Jerrie last few weeks ago. Talk about the invites cards and favors.(there are more selection now. Deco wise not much or a choice. They don't have theme ones like other places have.
So far so good.

Hi Qiqi,

They have two function rooms.{Esplande(smaller) and Empress(bigger)}
The one at Esplande is more private coz facing the waterfall..
There is another function room(but more to corporate uses. so they wont' use it for banquet)

Wow, three in a row... better view all and then decide.. don't decide on impluse.... bring your digicam too.. to take photos... you never know when you might need to refer back again.

zhuzhu

Hi KK

Long time no see..I heard from my frend she went to choose her card..but not much choice..what other new favors they have beside the bear? actually hor..i dun think the decor looks nice..but then..since the dinner is not too X..so chim chye lor..

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

Yah. the card only three design. white, pink and red. Most likely I will choose the pink one.
beside bear, got key chain, chopsticks, the rest I can't remember cos dun like.
Agreed about the deco. What to do, dinner not x. but actually better. Dun want the hotel to outshine me. heehee....

zhuzhu

Hi KK

ya lor..aiyah since the price we got was not that X..so make do lor..actually i don't like the big chandlier also..
lame.gif

jeank

Hi All,
I'm Jean. Planning to hold my dinner next April. Went to Carlton hotel today. Any comments about their food and service. Seems like to me the previous threads have quite a number of negative feedback. The lady I tok to is Diana. Haven sign their package yet but quite tempting lor..

jeank

Hi Meihong

Esplanade room - min 12 & 16 tables
Empress ballroom - min 25 & 40 tables
3 types of packages
1) Scent of Passion $798nett; Fri & Saturday; wine waiver corkage;complimentary 30-litres beer; complimentary 1 dozen red wine or 20 litres beer; 2 nites stays
2)Scent of Romance $768nett; Fri & Saturday;
complimentary 30-litres beer; 1 nite stay
3)Scent of Love $668nett; Sun to Thurs; free flow beer fm 7pm to 11pm; wine corkage waiver

*Free usage of LCD projector for presentation prior to dinner

blueberry

Hi Jean, Meihong,

If you are interested in holding dinner at Cartlon, it's best when you sign up during the Bridal show... There is more additional perks that will be given. For example, free printing, additional helper's room, cocktail, and some which I can't remember. I only know there is one in Oct. but dun know if there are any for the rest of the year.

zhuzhu

Hi Meihong
To add on to KK's: free flow of beer..the A3 poster for ur guest signature..oh yeah..n free video montage..I think thats about all

babybbsg

hi jean,

I got a package at carlton for salr.Have signed up and due to personal reasons cant hold the wedding.so would u like to have it.I paid $1000 deposit and letting go at $800.

If you are interested drop me a mail at [email protected]
Thanks

angelia_lim

Hi

Can i join the conversation too? My AD is also at Carlton. Notice Jerrie's leave only today when i call her. Discover that there is not much choice of cards. 3 only rite???

elaine77

Hi ladies,

Im also having my AD at Carlton, so suprised that Jerrie is leaving. I think she had been with the hotel for around 2 yrs. I liase with her before, she is ok but just a bit rigid. Anyone knows is Diana is still around? She is my co-ordinatoor, i find her quite nice and friendly.

butterkiss

Hi Elaine,
When is your AD? I am still deciding whether to have mine at Carlton or not... I find the ballroom a bit cramp and the ceiling low...
sad.gif

But if I am having it at Carlton, I can have my ROM on the same day, by the poolside... and can make use of the projector :)
Btw, did you visit the bridal suite? is it nice?

blueberry

Hi Girls,

Jerried confirm no longer there.
I was asigned the manager, Lena.
Anyone also asigned her??

Elaine77,
Diana is no longer there.
I think she left last year.

fern

Hi gals,
I had my AD at the Carlton last Sat 12June. I had a really good experience. the banquet staff and co-ordinators were really efficient. I bargained for 2 nites stay at the wedding suite and they gave it to me even though i just booked the esplanade ballroom for the dinner. I only had a small one with 12 tables. The wedding suite was on the 26th floor w a fantastic view. the room service was good. i gave them good comments.

Only complaint i heard was that the food was not hot enough at the dinner. I already gave them that feedback during food tasting, but still like that...

tessy

i'm also having lena as coordinator since jerrie has left. My big day in 3 wks July 11.

fern,
u're good! how did u manage to get 2nite! good bargaining skills. Was it jerrie whom u liasied with previously?

blueberry

Butter,

I have already signed up with Carlton last year.
Think saw Lena before. Have not met up with her to discuss further. But feel she should be ok.

Fern,
Was Jerrie around at that point in time? Or was it another person?
You sure have a good bargain on the suit stay. Did they also gave you the helper's room?

zhuzhu

Hi Tessy
woman...u also pop by here?

HI Fern
2 nite suite stay...wah...we should have gone together and force carlton to give us dat as well..

fern

i liased with Shafie who left after a few weeks in Carlton, then came Jerrie. It was Shafie who gave me the deal. They did tell me no gaurantee; i can only have it if it is definitely free and available. If not, they might downgrade me to a deluxe room or something like that.

angelia_lim

Hi all

My account is also assign to Lena after jerrie has left. As for my case, Jerrie gave me the deal for 2 night stay with 1 helper room, but i took the empress room.

delightfly

huh !...Jerrie left the hotel liao...I find that she is a nice lady ....a bit worried the next coordinator will be as good as her or not ..

xiaomin

Hi Clare,

Hope you can share more experience abt your ROM at Carlton. Which function room would we be given for the food reception? Isst near the poolside?

Thank you!

angelia_lim

Hi Angeline

I took up 25 tables as a minimum first when i sign the contract. Near to the date then i will increase to 30 tables.

clarewoo

Hi xiaomin,

Overall, a pleasant experience for me. I had my solemnisation at the poolside as it was a sunny day. We proceed to the function room for buffet lunch. Food wise can't comment much cos' I dun have much time to eat but the chocolate cakes are yummy
happy.gif
If you're taking the package deal for max. 30 pax, the function room will be on the 2nd floor, I've 4 tables and it's still spacious. But if you want to do your solemnisation at the function room itself, it will be a bit cramp and there won't be much space for you to march in.

blueberry

Hi Zhuzhu,

I think I will just drop her an email. Need to follow up with her our requests. let you know how is the outcome. We are still in the mist of confirming the number of cards we need. so once finalise will meet up with her. Should be in a week or two.

Hi Clare,

I will also be having the sole by the poolside. DO you have any pics to share?

xiaomin

Hi Clare,

Thanks for sharing your expenrience.

I checked with Carlton. As my reception is from 3-6pm and they have weddings in both their ballrooms on my ROM day, they can only allocate me an L-shaped room, called connauge room i think.
Have you seen or used the room before?
How is the ambience?

Thank you!

blueberry

Hi Clare,

You can PM me.
Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Hi Xiaomin,

I have seen the room.
Do you have a lot of guest. If so, could be a bit cramp there.

clarewoo

Hi Xiaomin,

Now that I remember, my function room is also connauge room
happy.gif
. As we don't do our solemisation in the function room, there wasn't much deco. You may want to leave your email here then I can send you the link to my ROM pics.

xiaomin

Hi kk,

I have abt 40 ppl. Now need more info about the room. Thanks for your advice, will keep in mind.

Hi Clare,
My email is [email protected]. Thanks alot!

Gals, if the solemnisation is held in the room due to wet weather and with 40ppl, wld it be very cramped?

babybbsg

hi all,

anyone here not signing up the min 25 tables but get to use the ballroom..
Urgent if not convenient can pm me.Thanks

camy

Hi KK,
Is there a wedding show coming up in this OCT? May i know if it this year? Where do you get the details of this wedding show?

bridegroom

Hi,

I have a wedding package for sale at Carlton Hotel on the 23rd October 2004 at the Esplanade ballroom. This ballroom can holds 12-15 tables. Date cannot be changed. For very personal reason that I have to let go.

If you are interested, please call or SMS me @91996205 for detail.

18% discount will be offered on the deposit already paid to Carlton. We will do the transfer at Carlton Hotel.