Carlton Hotel

shook

elaine77
Ya rite. Jerrie is a No Queen. Everything we requested during our 1st meeting wif her is no. We actually put Carlton aside after the 1st meeting. After dat Jerrie invited us to their wedding fair where she complied to most of our requests. Guess she had to meet her target. After dat, she is a No Queen again. We collected our wedding cards twice coz not enuff the 1st time, she din bother to meet us. Left it @ the recep

cwy
My feedback went into the drain. I doubt any action will b taken even if u lodge any complaint unless u publish it in ST forum

blueberry

Hi Elaine,

At least you might still have Diana to help out in your wedding stuff..
Jerrie seems not easy to compromise..
Even for my dinner was a blessing. She din allow me to use Empress room coz mine less than 25 tables. She said either I increase to 25 or got to take esplan. room. She is not very flexible..
Heng I sign up with another manager.. He more flexible..

babyvon

Hi Elaine,

Dun be too paranoid abt the profit/loss...Ur frds & relatives will understd it's a lifetime affair...m sure they will know wat to do!
wink.gif
For me, we oni hope to breakeven but in the end, we were fortunate enuf & gained abit & it was sufficient to cover our expenses & mini honeymoon.
lame.gif

The comments my guests were tt the food was pretti cold but they were pretti tasty...same as Shook...I guessed they must hv prepared them qte early in the kitchen.
happy.gif
And the waiters tend to take a long time to chg plates, etc....Seems evry couple faced the same issues!
angry.gif

babyvon

Hi Cwy,

Congrats! Wishing u & ur hubby a Blessed & Blissful Marriage!
happy.gif
Any pics to share?

Hi all,

I did mention tis forum to Jerrie b4 the other time b4 my wedding...wonder if she does come in to tk a lk!
uhoh.gif
If she did & did nthg to improve, then she's def not bothered abt her reputation!
lol.gif
Actually she's not tt bad...just very rigid! I guess u hv to be reali firm!

She can be reali nice at times...I recalled ask'g her for some help & she did oblige...I guess it oso has to depend on situations.
wink.gif
Try talk'g to her...M sure she'll try her Best to help! Cheers!

elaine77

Hi ladies,

cwy, ic.. hmm.. for me, i think will make a complain.. hehee

babyvon,thanks for your encouragement,im trying not to worry over so many things, hopefully can break even. I think it depends on your relatives and friends angbao. Mine is next yr, hopefully they will change better, will see the comments for banquet this year. If comments still the same must highlight to them.

shook, lost of 8k is alot leh, you invite alot of relatives?

babyvon

Hello Shook,

Ur dad's reali sweet! Wow! But $8k's def qte a bit!
uhoh.gif

For us, my hubby & i paid for evrythg & we took bk evrythg...We gave 10 tables each, to both our parents & the rest were our frds & colleagues. Our parents were reali kind & understd'g enuf...They didn't take any of the angpows frm us...Tt's y we gained & not lose...Must say we r truly Blessed! Praise God!
wink.gif

Btw, we bght the new Mazda3 instd of Vios...Just got our car on tues. So, we do hv smthg different nw. Haha!
lame.gif

Can u tell ur bb's gender liao?
wink.gif

Hi Elaine,

Initially we were very worried too, esp when Sars was still the main issue then! But then agn, it's reali no use worry'g now...Most imptly, u & ur hubby must reali enjoy the process of hvg the Wedding...It's reali fun & romantic...An experience u'll only hv once in ur lifetime! So, just relax & enjoy! Cheers!
happy.gif

elaine77

Hi babyvon,

Thats what my hubby and i think so, since we are happy with the package they offered us and we are comfortable with the hotel.. therefore we booked the hotel. You know lah,after booking, friends will make some noise... because my ROM was there.. they will ask why carlton again...

Now im selecting my BS.. im choosing between JLC or white link. Both have their own pros and cons. WHich BS were you with?

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

Your parents are nice too.. It's real blessing to them to do that..

Hi Elaine,
Must be fun now, choosing what type of gowns you would like to have.. BTW, what's JLC?

elaine77

kk,

JLC is jazreel low collection..Yah.. quite fun too see the gowns and try the gowns, feel like getting married tomorrow..
happy.gif

shook

Elaine77
We invited fair share of relatives n friends.
Losses came mainly fm my ex-colleagues (all gave $60/head one staying in bungalow gave $40/head), my Indian mgr (gave $20), my hubby's buddies (gave $50/head), my hubby's uncle (gave $10/head), my hubby's own siblings
I dunno the ang pow collected fm my parents' guests

Babyvon
My hubby paid for the banquet. He gave my parents 10 tables. My parents pd for additional tables they need. The ang pow fm my parents' guests kept by my parents. The $8k loss excl the ang pow fm my parents' guests. If we add in ang pow fm my parents' guests think we made a little profit
Yes my dad v understanding n nice. He only kept $88 for ping ji. After he paid the loss my hubby incurred it is equivalent to not taking any table fm my hubby

I m carrying a boy boy.

How's your Mazda?

elaine77

Hi shook,
ic.. yours is a sat or sunday? Giving $10 per head is relatively small the angbao, i think at least a $50 or $60 should be ok.

blueberry

Hi Shook,

Giving $10 from relative is a bit too small.
Were there many kids at the dinner too?
I tot ususally relatives will be the one that gives more.

When are you due?? Must take care.. and hope you have a safe delivery.. both mum and son..
happy.gif

Hi Elaine,

One of my friend too JLC. The photos are well taken. I like the gowns.. many variety.. you will like most of them. And when you can only choose one, you have headache.. All look so good, right??
I keep changing my design everytime I go for my appointment.. I think the designer will soon or later straggle me.

shook

Elaine77
My wedding wz on sun

KK
my hubby's uncle went wif his son. He is retired old man but my hubby said his son drawing quite handsome pay

babyvon

Hi Elaine,

I'm with Milan Bridal.
happy.gif
U must like the gowns & their fotography style b4 u decide to sign up with them...Most imptly, their attitude!
wink.gif

Kk,

Haha! Yup, i believe they def will strangle u!
rofl.gif
U better mk up ur mind asap. R both ur WG & EG MTM? Do u get to keep either aft tt?

Yup, it's reali a Blessing tt my parents r reali very nice & understd'g...We were so touched!
uhoh.gif

Hi Shook,

Wah! $10 kinda little leh!
angry.gif
Well, i alwz believe wat goes ard comes ard.
lame.gif
I guess i was reali lucky...the least i recvd frm those who attended was one $50/head & 2 $20/head for those who din turn up.

Well, the most impt thg's both u & ur hubby's Blessed & expect'g a baby boy nw. Congrats agn ya! So, abt when will u be due?
wink.gif
Must eat & rest well okie?

Oh! My Mazda3's reali cool! I love it! It's very stable!
happy.gif

shook

Babyvon
My parents taught us to record ang pow $ we received. Next time these ppl invite us for wedding, we give back the same amt
rofl.gif

My EDD is 5 June.

Gd dat your Mazda cool. Shld b better than Vios. At least it is made in Japan

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

I better avoid seeing anymore of the mag.. and got to cross my fingers.. Being telling my designer what I want and like.. hope she produce something I like.. ot else I cannot imagine.
My DG is MTM. My EG is OTR. Dun get to keep any of them. But I have bought another EG. So will most likely wear that for the actual day..

babyvon

Shook,

Haha!
biggrin.gif
Tt's a gd one...Yup! I did mk a record of the angpows too...tt way it's easier to give them when it's their turns.

Wow! Tt's pretti soon...Seems like yesterday u mentioned u were pregnant but u'll be due in 3mths' time. Cool!
wink.gif

Kk,

Haha! U r reali cute!
lame.gif
Yup, better get a grip of urself! Cheers!
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi Shook,

Haha! yup, i do get u!
wink.gif
Unfortunately, i most prob b lvg on the 10th, for a week.
sad.gif
Hmmm...reali din wana miss it! But i cun afford to tk too many leave too.
uhoh.gif
In any case, i may need a favor frm u...will email u agn then. Hp u dun mind! Thks in adv! Cheers!
happy.gif

blueberry

Michelle,

That's a good date..
There are many hotels out there that could be still avaliable. dun worry. hope find one soon too..
happy.gif

joyful29

Hi kk,

I have tried a lot of hotels in orchard and city hall areas.
But nearly all are not available.
A little dishearten liao.
sad.gif

babyvon

Hi Michelle,

Hv u tried Amara htl...Hrd it's nw 5-star! Hw abt the M htl? Even though it's not in the Orchard area, but it's still in the CBD.
happy.gif
Best of Luck!

blueberry

Hi Michelle,

Are you having a lot of number of tables?
I know that sometimes Hotel do have function rooms that can hold dinner too. Have you check them out??
Are you worrying about the accessiblity of the hotel to your guest?
Traders, Regent,.. a bit out but still can try.

joyful29

Hi kk,

I need about 35-40 tables. Tried Traders but 21 is still pending. So I can only wait. But it's quite X. Somemore no free flow of beer.

Hi Zhu Zhu,

I have also tried several restuarant but most out. Chijmes can only cater to 28 table max. I need about 35-40 tables.

Anyone of your have any comments on York hotel?

Thank you

babyvon

Hi Michelle,

Yup, i went to view the York Htl's ballroom...Not too bad, with pretti high ceiling. Hwevr, the park'g lots dun seem many...dunno if thr's mre carpark than the open-air one i saw.
uhoh.gif
York's a subsidiary of Goodwood Park so it shld be pretti good too.

Did u try the Grand Corpthorne Waterfront...it caters for mre than 30 tables. Hw abt the Rendevous Htl? I hrd it's not too bad too.

blueberry

Hi Michelle,

Along Havelock road, there are a few.
Merchant Court?
BTW,when can Trader let you know?

Me thinking... some more places

zhuzhu

Hi Michelle

wat bout suntec?
Hotel Rendevous max only 28 tables I think. Do you need the venue to be in town area? What about somewhere further? like those country club?

joyful29

Hi kk,

Merchant court is not available.

Hi zhuzhu,

Orchid CC is not available too. As for Raffles hotel, my parents find that it's too far and not convenient.

Any restaurants to recommend? Cos time is getting short for me

babyvon

Hi Michelle,

Did u ask the Tung Lok Grp? If u wan smthg in town, try the Chinese restaurants in Ngee Ann City? Hw abt the Lei Garden?

zhuzhu

HI Michelle

u tried imperium already? Did you ask suntec conventional centre?
Is that the best day you must hold ur dinner? or else you can have you banquet another day.

joyful29

Hi Babyvon,

Lei Garden has pending but has yet to call me back. Cos they said that they have to wait for the person to return from his overseas trip before they can confirm the availability of the restuarant.

Hi zhuzhu,

My parents find the food in imperium not that nice. My AD is on 20 nov but that day is fully booked. So i change my banquet to 21 Nov.

tigger

hi michelle,

Its a good idea to have it on different days. Cause you won't be so tired (imagine waking up very early for makeup and the day ends at 11pm+++ )

You will look more radient and best of all look good in all the photos
happy.gif

I had it over 2 days too. And all my guests at the banquet were so surprised that i look so fresh and smiling all the way.
proud.gif

babyvon

Michelle,

If i'm not wrg, Lei Garden has got 3 outlets. Did u try asking all of them? If not, u may like to try the 88 restaurants group...They hv a few, one at Excelsior Htl, another at Miramar Htl, another at World Trade Center. The food's pretti good too.

Hw abt the country club "The Pine"? They hv a Chinese restaurant there & it's smwhere in town too.

Seems u dun hv much choice...it's either u chg the date agn or just mk do with whichever hotels or restaurants available?
uhoh.gif

I reali do hope u'll find one suitable soon.

clarewoo

Hi icy,

I had my ROM over at Carlton in April. Everything went smoothly as planned and the co-ordinator helping us was great. Only thing is that their ROM package price is more expensive now so if you're having lunch buffet, then it may be not so worth it.

icy

Clare,
They told me I have to top up $5+++ to change the menu to buffet. IS urs the same pricing?

Thanks.

qi_nd

Hi ladies,
Need help!
Saw alot of comments from Carlton Hotel! Maybe taking up the offer! Is that Jerrie who cant do this and that.. coz she the one who emailed me the packages.... abit worried... hhehee..