Buying Diamond Ring

es7her88

How i go about customizing my ring that time is i used one of the sample ring from jannpaul and change abit to suit my preference. Alternative, u can google to see what design you like and jannpaul are able to create something out of that.

Repost my ring design for your reference =)
Enjoy the process!
48cEgUU.jpg

sjHe0ok.jpg

4tLy72t.jpg

Thanks for sharing.
Your design is very nice! Is that the octagon shape diamond?
I heard from some friend saying that all those special shape diamond like heart, oval diamond are not sparkly, is that true for octagon?

sessygurl143

Thanks for sharing.
Your design is very nice! Is that the octagon shape diamond?
I heard from some friend saying that all those special shape diamond like heart, oval diamond are not sparkly, is that true for octagon?

Ya, its true that usually those special shape won't be as sparkly compared to the rounds.. they are cut differently and don't have the Hearts and Arrows patterns.
But there are other special cuts in different shape with the Hearts and Arrows. Those will be as sparkly or even more sparkly that the round shape diamonds.

Like this one got show a normal cushion diamond against another cushion diamond with the Hearts and Arrows. Can see that the normal one is much less sparkly.

The Octagon has 8 hearts and arrows. So the sparkles are good. It has 88 facets which will give it even more sparkles.
You can see the video of it.. there are different ways to you design your ring for it

minipork

sometimes customisation got problem. mine was done and the diamond fell off!!!!!!!!!!!! complain also no use.

sprinkle21

Just to check, how often do you guys replate and repolish your rings?

I've been wearing my ring for about 4 years and only done it once. Haha. I think after awhile, I'm ok with it and start to like the patina feel. Most places will give free polishing and plating. Where did you get your ring from?

hjxuan87

Hihi, would like some opinions on this diamond and if its worth to buy.
Im quite the opposite as most traditional couples as we got our wedding bands first. Been married for 2 years without a diamond ring as we both agreed that the money could be spent on our BTO reno. Now that things are done, its time for him to deliver my promised ring :D

I was offered this diamond, and the proportions I checked online seems to be pretty good. Is this ok?

0.75ct.jpg

whitedaisies

Hihi, would like some opinions on this diamond and if its worth to buy.
Im quite the opposite as most traditional couples as we got our wedding bands first. Been married for 2 years without a diamond ring as we both agreed that the money could be spent on our BTO reno. Now that things are done, its time for him to deliver my promised ring :D

I was offered this diamond, and the proportions I checked online seems to be pretty good. Is this ok?

View attachment 40589

Did you check the ASET scope of the diamond? Best is to check under light return with the ASET scope and symmetry with the Hearts/Arrows scope. Good proportion is one thing, but you need to double check on it with the scopes. GL!

hjxuan87

Did you check the ASET scope of the diamond? Best is to check under light return with the ASET scope and symmetry with the Hearts/Arrows scope. Good proportion is one thing, but you need to double check on it with the scopes. GL!

Thanks! I just got the scopes of the diamond from the seller. Is this ok? It looks quite off to me..

OSSW-03219-Hearts-02.jpgOSSW-03219-ASET white-02.jpgOSSW-03219-IdealScope-01.jpg

dream_on

Thanks for recommendations guys! I went to JP and looked through all the different diamonds.. We chose the Octagon diamond. Their service is very good and we learnt alot of things from them. Lionel served us. He was very friendly and not pushy. They advised me to choose some designs to bring our the octagon shape. I can't really visualize it the diamond on the ring but they said they will send me a 3D picture of my whole ring first before I confirm the design with them and still can make changes.

I got my diamond scope images. They had an explanation for each of scope. Can't remember all of it :oops:
They are all ok right?

N39dbRC.jpg

O6Ds5Ht.jpg

WVaSUJV.jpg

qxuX7Gk.jpg

Their ASET looks stunning. However, I would consider choosing Round over Octagon , since the pointed edges might chip (you have 8 of them).
For princess cutting, they will use pongs to protect the edges. Octagon is impossible to do that.

Btw, I love their 10 hearts and arrows...drool worthy.

dream_on

I have been to all the big chain stores like LW, SK, GH, the feeling is that they are very sales oriented and don't really have good diamond knowledge other than the basic 4Cs.
They always show me the cert saying that this diamond is triple excellent so its a very bright diamond. However, after I sit through the diamond education session from JP, realised that there is alot more than the 4Cs.
They used all the different scopes like the Aset, ideal and heart & arrow scopes to analyse the cut quality of the diamond which is not seen in the chain store. only scope they show you is only the heart & arrow scope which to my knowledge dont review on how bright the diamond will be.

1 more thing to take note, the lighting that all the jewellery shop uses are very deceiving and all diamonds look very bright and shinny. So the scopes are the best way to determine the brightness.

I would suggest you pay jp a visit to go through their education and you can see for yourselves the difference.

PS: I am in no way related to jp, just a satisfied customer. =)
Yes agree. The best way to know whether if the diamond is performing is to check the ASET scope. Hearts and arrow scope is check for symmetry. Relying on the GIA triple Excellence is not a guarantee on the type of diamond which you are getting.

I realised that LW, SK, GH mostly carry inferior diamonds. The more I asked for all these to check on the quality of diamond they are selling, they will either look at me blankly or change the topic.