Bliss Garden Restaurant - Singapore Expo Foyer

bubblesoul

Hi Petrina

Oh,the food is nice,really?

To hold a wedding at Expo,to me is kind of special feeling,Wow!!! Hahaha

I havent been to any places to see... but got some packages thru email from some hotels and restaurant.

Due to budget cos my new nest is coming soon and partly due to restaurant food are so much nicer than those in hotels.

Oh,my HB is working in the Navy force. He went sailing and will onli be back next month.

trina_wys

oh yah.. and i wanna put lots and lots of fresh flowers along the aisle..
happy.gif

and if my budget permits.. i wanna get cocktail tables for the foyer..
happy.gif

something like a hotel deco..

hmm... i think i'm very overly-ambitions.. haha!!

cherylpoh

Hi Petrina. I only have 36tables. so most prob is ballrm A. however i nego with boss tat if no one taking A then on tat nite can i take ballrm B n he say can. So shall keep my fingers crossed tat on that nite there's only me holding my wedding banquet. hahahah....

Ya. I also wanna do up the area more but my hubby keep nagging say no budget, etc. The guys only think of money. They r too practical liao.sigh,......

trina_wys

haha.. cheryl.. when i see what u write i bui tahan..
happy.gif

you are right about the guys being too practical.. my hubby is super practical one and we were actually sourcing for a hotel first before i noticed that he seemed very troubled.. only upon endless probing did he say that he's worried about the cost and that it would burn a big hole in our pocket.. haiz... so no choice i compromised and we sourced for restaurants instead.. only then was he happy again..
sad.gif

maybe u can just do up the place with fresh flowers along the aisle??

i think on that day.. shouldn't have another banquet.. so hopefully u can take ballroom B... wah.. then it will be very spacious.. so nice..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Karen,

When your hubby come back next month.. maybe both of you can go and visit the restaurant.. then must write in here how u feel hor..
happy.gif

galevo

Hi Petrina,

I too have booked my wedding at Bliss Garden for this coming Dec. I'll be taking Ballroom B too. cos having min of abt 50 tables.

Well I was considering abt the deco.. cos like most guys my hub says no one really notice abt the decos.. so might have to drop the fancy idea.. but one thing i think I'll get is Wedding Favours cos BG does not offer and Wedding Favours..

U saw the march-in dist.. i feel its really short i think have to walk real slow.. keke

cherylpoh

Hi petrina. Ya!I really hope there wun be another wedding or co function going on tat day so tat I can use Ballrm B. Then super spacious!
I am thinking of buying those fake red and pink roses n pluck out the petals n throw them on the floor along the aisle. think it will look gd.

then will ask them to put more candles on the flower stands!

trina_wys

Hi EL Szie,

wow.. 50 tables.. u sure have a lot of relatives..
happy.gif

what wedding favours are u currently looking at?? i think i'll be sourcing for that too..

the first time i thought that it was quite short.. but on the second visit there.. i thought that it's quite alright.. but if u want.. maybe you can come in either from the right or left-most door and then turn to the centre and then to the stage...

hmm.. i think u won't really understand me.. coz i myself dun understand what i'm typing also.. haiz..
sad.gif

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl,

i think the flower petals are a great idea.. but i dun think the red roses will stand out from the carpet.. coz the carpet is red also.. maybe pink and white?? or champange??

yah.. i noticed the flower stands has got candle holders.. u can place the candles there.. it'll look nice..
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hi petrina. thanks for reminding me. I nearly forgot tat the carpet is red. ok. I shall buy pink n white roses then pluck e petals out n throw them along e aisle!

trina_wys

hey cheryl..

u managed to get your flowers??

i think that real flowers will look nicer..

your date is drawing nearer.. how are your preparations coming along??

trina_wys

Karen,

how?? is your hubby back yet?? maybe both of u can go and see the place when Bliss Garden is having a wedding dinner.. then u all also can see the starting of the wedding.. the march-in and first dish presentation...
happy.gif

trina_wys

EL Szie,

which BS are u with?? did u change any dishes from the menu?? i'm thinking of changing some dishes.. but this can wait coz mine only end next year.. hehe.. super kiasu..
happy.gif

bubblesoul

Morning Morning

Petrina,

My hubby will be back next week... Ya hor,if they are having a wedding dinner... i can go down there to take a look... at least have a better image of the deco,march-in and etc....
wink.gif

You have the contact there??? The bosses name and etc.... So that i can make a appointment with them.
wink.gif

trina_wys

Karen,

I dun have the HP number now with me coz in the office now.. but u can call this number 6745 8822, and look for Suzanna.. she's the lady boss.. if she's not around, just ask them to give you her HP number..
happy.gif

I just signed up with her 2 weeks ago.. i think if u mention my name, she'll remember me.. somemore i placed the deposit for next year 25th Nov.. sure she will remember one.. coz i kiasu mah!! haha..
happy.gif

i think maybe the next wedding is on the 22nd of May.. it's Cheryl's wedding dinner..
happy.gif

one word of advice is to stick to the timing that you've made with them coz the boss and lady boss are always so busy running round their 3 restaurants meeting couples..
happy.gif

hope this is useful to you..

cherylpoh

Hi Petrina. I have been cleaning n packing my new house for e past 3 long weekends with my hubby. So tired. Have not gotten e flowers yet. Will be going down to spotlight at Plaza sing dis evening to take a look. If price e same then i might as well get real fresh flowers. but fresh flowers i can only pluck e petals e nite b4 my wedding which i think no time lor.

Hi Karen, u can call Tony, the boss at 94568788 n suzanna at 90689972. But if u have any special requests or nego for pricing, u have to look for Tony cos he is more accomodating n he is sum more who is more easy going unlike his wife. Twist n turn her words n promises. My wedding is on 22may. u can come n take a look lor.

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl,

Maybe you can get your jie meis to help you pluck the roses? the reason why i say real roses is because i happen to stay in Hyatt Kuantan over the weekend for a short holiday and there was a wedding happening there.. they actually placed fresh red rose petals on both sides of a spiral staircase leading to the ballroom and the scent and look of the flowers were just LOVELY!!

have you decided on the march-in song already??

cherylpoh

petrina, i just went to spotlight this evening. e fake flowers there look so BAD. so not buying fake flowers anymore. as for e plucking of roses, think my sisters no time leh. so i got to do it myself lor. do u know roughly how much does 1 stalk of rose cost?

as for my march-in song, i will be using michael buble's "the way u look tonight" and 2nd march in is "how do i live". But i m stil contemplating btn michael buble or "I do (cherish u)" or even "This i promise you" by n sync.

wat do u think?

bubblesoul

Hi Petrina and Cheryl

Good Morning

Thanks for the contact info...

Cheryl : After what u had say... think i better tok to Tony for special requests & etc...(Heehee) Oh your wedding is coming very soon... are you kancheong anot??? Think you must be very very excited rite... scarly have sleepless night too
biggrin.gif
. If my hubby have no duty on your AD,maybe we drop by to see the deco and etc... you dun mind hor???

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl,

I managed to get this contact from one of the girls in the forum.. apparently i think that they can pluck out the petals for you.. and its less time consuming to do so yourself..

Can you give me your email addy so that i can send it to you?

As for the songs.. i noticed that your song selecting are all pretty new songs.. hehe.. my personal favourite is "I do (cherish you)" by 98 degrees..
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hey Petrina & Karen! I am feeling more n more excited as e day is drawing nearer n nearer. hahahah....

Karen, i dun mind at all. U can pop by n see e deor n feel e atmosphere lor. No prob at all. If u coming, let me know so tat I can meet u!

Petrina, Thank you so much for helping me get e florist contact. Do u know how much they charge? My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

trina_wys

oh yah.. and I have sent you the contact that one of the brides gave me too..
happy.gif

Cheryl.. mind if i go down and take a look at your wedding too??

cherylpoh

Hi petrina. Thanks so much for the contact. I've emailed to her oready.

No prob! You can come down n see the decor of the ballrm on my wedding day. If u coming, let me know ya?
happy.gif

bubblesoul

Good Morning Gals

Petrina : Still have no idea on what special request... But Hubby is thinking of asking for more perks.
uhoh.gif
Maybe when i get to see their packages & etc.. then can discuss further lor.

Cheryl : Glad that you dun mind... if i am going i will let you know. Cos on ur wedding, i am working...if the timing allow me to escape,definetly will pop by and see see look look...
lol.gif

trina_wys

Good Morning!!
happy.gif

Cheryl, no worries on the contact.. i was sourcing it for myself too.. but guess i really dun need it so soon.. i'll let you know if i'm going down.. will ask hubby first..
happy.gif

Karen, so far.. their perks are really good already.. free flow beer, stout, hardliquor, soft drinks and chinese tea.. if dun want the hard liquor.. can exchange for bottles of red wine.. but i think its around 20-30 bottles.. not free flow..

Girls,

I was having this dream last night and though of a great way to enhance the walk-in!! but of course meaning to say more money to spend though.. keke!

imagine white/off-white/light gold satin cloth to 'line' the march-in and then red rose petals on the white satin cloth.. and since the tables are all white too.. can sprinkle some red rose petals on them too.. and then can use the white cloth to line the stage and have the same thing as the march-in..
happy.gif

i was thinking about it coz the carpet is red and what i could do to enhance the red rose petals if i still wanted to have them..

it would be so dreamy!! but of course it means dunno how many metres of white/off white/light gold satin cloth to be bought and it could be quite costly..
sad.gif

bubblesoul

Hi Petrina

Wow... their perks are really damn good lei.... free flow beer,stout,hardliquor and etc.. is good enough for us already. Most of our frens drink beer so maybe just need to purchase some bottles of wine... So happy and relieve after hearing from you about their perks...Haha
proud.gif

So sorry,i have not seen the ballroom yet... so cant comment abt your dream regarding the walk-in.
uhoh.gif

trina_wys

Karen,

that's why i signed up with them too!! coz not many restaurants offer free flow of all drinks..
happy.gif

only problem is having a drunk hubby on that night..
sad.gif

haha!!
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hi gals! I just came back from Bliss gdn. I went there to test our food. Suzanna came n meet up with us. Asking us to rate the food. Then she told me I am holding my banquet at Ballroom B which is the higher ceiling n bigger space. SO HAPPY! but on that day, there will be another couple holding their dinner at Ballrm A. So if u gals coming, pls let me know n dun go to the wrong couple huh? hahahahah....

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl,

So how's the food after you have tested it?? care to share which menu u picked?? dun need to say the price.. just tell me 1 - 6.. one being the cheapest and 6 being most expensive.. i have the brouchure with me too.. but want to know your selection of dishes and how u would rate them.. okie??
happy.gif

Yupz.. ballroom B is indeed much nicer!! I'm having that too!! but already got 40 tables.. dun wanna add anymore otherwise its going to be very cramp..
happy.gif

I'll let u know whether i'll be going down nearer the date coz i just realised i've got classes to attend till 6pm..
sad.gif

How will you be decorating the restaurant??

bubblesoul

Hi Gals, Good Morning

Petrina - Told my hubby about their perks... he is so happy... say can drink until drunk liao..
sad.gif

Hahaha!!!
wink.gif

Cheryl : Hows the food after u tested it??? Care to share with us... let us know how u rated them okie... very eager to know whether the food tasted nice or just alright.
wink.gif

trina_wys

Hi Karen,

Good Morning!
happy.gif

Aiyoh.. your hubby is pleased with getting drunk?? i'm so worried about mine getting drunk coz restaurant not like hotel, got a room close by.. somemore got to drive home to Punggol.. later scared he puke in the car.. haiz..
sad.gif

By the way.. when is your AD?? sorry if you had mentioned it before.. but i got hippo memory.. hehe..
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hi gals. The food i have selected are 1) cold dish. 2) shark's fin 3) fish 4) prawn 5) chicken 6) pork ribs 7) spinach with mushroom 8) ee fu mee 9) yam with gingko nuts. Overall its gd except the veg is abit bitter n pork ribs too hard. other than than, everything else is delicious!
YUMMY!

gin

Hi senior,
I heard the pork ribs shld changed...anyway my menu no pork ribs also...
happy.gif
My food tasting next mth...going to eat soon..hahaha....

bubblesoul

Hi Gals

Petrina : He told me even though he dun drink,the guest and his bros will sure to make him drunk. Haizzz..heard from my frens that eating butter before u drink,wont puke..dun know issnt true anot.
bounce.gif

We decided to held it either Sept'06 or Dec'06. But MIL wan us to choose a good date,cant let us just pick a date like that. Sigh..
kao_sad.gif

Cheryl : So glad that everything is delicious. You must have enjoy urself during the food tasting rite... Haha
biggrin.gif

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl,

Did you change a few dishes in the menu?? coz from your menu... i think that there should be a suckling pig and rice wrapped in lotus leaf?

I dun intend to have sharks fin.. but sure will get lots of dissaproving looks from the elders.. haizz.. dunno how.. to please them or go against my own conscious?? coz hubby and i are divers..

Hi Karen,

Haha.. same here.. hubby doesn't drink too.. just a bit will make his face super red.. haiz.. then the photos will look so funny.. haha..
happy.gif

Dunno whether the butter one is true or not.. but have heard about it from this forum too.. i guess that the most important thing is to make sure he eats until he's quite full before the dinner starts so that he wouldn't be drinking the beer on an empty stomach..

the problem with free flow of drinks means to say that we can't really tell the guest that we have run out of liquor..
sad.gif

About your AD.. why dun u find a shifu to help u calculate?? i was lucky coz both sides not particular about this thingy.. hehe..
happy.gif

bubblesoul

Petrina : You mean i can calculate the dates now for next year??? I was holding on cos dun know the shifu will be able to calculate for me anot lor... cos still early.... what u think??? Give me some advise can...
kao_sad.gif

trina_wys

Sure can calculate already.. most of next year's B2Bs already have their dates out.. even Dec 2006 brides have their dates liao..
happy.gif

Hmm.. let me find the thread on the shifu's that most of them go to.. i think its Huang shifu.. but need to check his details for you.. i'll update u tmr morning.. going home now.. ok??
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hi gin. They stil have pork ribs leh. Anyway it taste pretty nice except tat its a bit hard.

Hi petrina. Yap. I changed quite a few dishes. At first i oso dun wanna have sharks fin cos i m an animal lover but my decision was overturned by his family. sigh.....

bubblesoul

Hi Gals,Morning
happy.gif

Petrina : Reali can calculate already... Wow,thats great man...if is like that,we will go down on weekends. Paisay,to trouble you to help me check the details..
kao_blush.gif

Cheryl : Dun be sad over it ya...be a happy bride okie..
bounce.gif

trina_wys

Hi Karen,

No worries at all.

You can try this shifu.. Master Li.. find more info at this website..
http://www.lisfengshui.com/

or

Master Huang (ai yoh.. i'm sorry.. can't find his details yet.. last time dun want to find and his name keep poping out.. now want to find for you cannot find him..)haizz..

or

Natural Geomancy Consultancy
298, Beach Road, B1-12, The Concourse S199544
Tel: 62999119

All these have been used by some of the brides here in this forum.. u can call and ask for pricing first.. if i'm not wrong.. master li can calculate with your details.. dun even need u all to go down..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hi Cheryl..

Guess sometimes its better to please the elders than ourselves i guess.. haiz.. same dilema..

eh... forgot to ask you.. how are the rose petals coming along?? did you get a reply from the email? i hope its not too expensive.. or another alternative is to get it from those market florist shops.. i believe will not be too expensive either..

will you be placing the petals on the table for your guest to throw at the both of you during your march-in?? it will be quite nice..
happy.gif

cherylpoh

Hi petrina. I have bought the crepe paper so am cutting the petals out. So its artificial petals in white n pink. Now bz cutting e petals lor.

Dun think will ask guests to throw at us. Will be asking my sisters to help me throw them randomly on the aisle.

bubblesoul

Hi Petrina
Thanks for helping me to souce all these info .... Appreciate that alot...
kao_smile.gif
Will call and check pricing 1st before i make any appointment with the shifu.

trina_wys

Cheryl,

Wah.. silk petals.. i think they will turn out lovely! but a lot of hard work leh..
happy.gif

Karen,

If you are looking for your AD to be in end 2006.. i heard that Dec 9 is a very auspicious date and so far most of the dec brides here have their AD on Dec 9.. keke!!
happy.gif

there is a Bridal show this weekend at Suntec.. Karen.. have you chosen your BS already??

I thought of going down to take a look..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hmm..

Just wondering whether we are the only bliss garden brides here.. so funny.. everytime its the three of us corresponding only..
happy.gif

Anyone got any enquiries for Bliss Garden?? I can help..
happy.gif

cherylpoh

hahahahaa...petrina u r so cute! oh ya. wanna check with u gals which BS did u gals engage?Mine is Seletar Broadway. Its horrible!

trina_wys

haahahahaha cheryl.. guess i can get a bit bored at times??
happy.gif

I haven't decided which BS i want yet.. but FH says must be affordable one.. haiz.. everything also want affordable..
sad.gif

Cheryl.. how come seletar broadway is horrible?? care to share your experience??

so far i have shortlisted Thomsom Wedding Designs.. Yvonne Creative and Precious Moment..

if got money then its definately THE WEDDING PRESENT!! their gowns are simply breath-taking!! haiz.. but what to do.. FH face black when i want to sign up during a wedding show..
sad.gif