Bedsheet

Y

yl

Anyone know what brands of bedsheet is for 14" mattress? Most of the brands are for 10".

nav

Try Sheriden, King Koil, Peri and hallmark. You can ask the sales person... they should know whether their sheets can fit.

winnie

Hi Tigerlily, that's a unique nick! Pretty cool!
happy.gif

Do u usually buy the cotton one? Or mixed between cotton and polyester?

megan

cotton creases more easily

a blend is better if u can't stand d crumpled look...

check out d classified ads today for more details on bed sheets, pillows & mattresses ...

albizia

Just came to know about this site. Quite informative.
Like to ask anyone knows where and what to buy if I am looking for a bedsheet set that comes with 2 pillows and 2 bolsters. My bed has 2 bolsters and usually bedsheet set comes with just one or none at all. So very difficult to find another one of exactly the same design. Any help?
Joyce, read that you bought one with 2 bolsters. Did it come like that or you have to specially request? Thanks.

ducky

Hi alizia,

Sintex quilt cover set(includes quilt cover, fitted bedsheet,2 pillow case & 2 bolster case). Choose the one with 300 thread count,more comfortable. It cost $89.90, metro is having sale, you can get the 2nd item for 50% discount.
cheers!

albizia

Hi Duckyduck

Thanks for sharing this information. Not bad a deal with the 50% discount, that works out to be about $135 for two sets. Quite good price considering it is 300 thread count.

By the way, do you have a picture of the set? Is it the plain colour ones? Post a picture here if possible. Else send it to me can? My email : [email protected] (I am using my hubby's).

Thanks!

ducky

Hi elizia,

These is lots of design, you may wan to go down and take a look fast cos scare all the design were grabbed... Enjoy your shopping...cheers!

albizia

Hi,
Thanks. Will go down this weekends.

I came to know also that Sintex is having a warehouse sale at their Boon Lay ware-house. Free bus pickup at Jurong East MRT near Popular bookstore. Don't know anything good or not.

Cheers.
happy.gif

missylan

I bought 2 sets of KING bedsheet come with quilt cover, 4 pillow case,2 bolster. Added up close to $470. Somemore during SALE... Think the brand is GARCIA... I love the colour lor... material is soft and not those thin material.

albizia

Hi Queenie
Yes, it was still in the paper yesterday. Look out for "Thank You ....." banner. It was like half A4 size advert.

Missylan,
Did you buy those from Metro? $470 is not cheap but then if one likes it, and spend 8 hours per day on it for 7D/week who cares?

missylan

Alizia,
I bought them when Taka is having the sales at basement, in front of the big screen... The quilt cover is $100 each and the bedsheet is $50... dunno Y added up to that amount. Hai...

ducky

Hi roooller,

The TC for sintex bedsheet come in 300TC,280TC & I think also have 220TC. But actually there is a lot of different between 300Tc & 280TC. I bought both kind and now I didn't really use the 280TC one.... Actually Elle bedsheet also very good...Cheers!

happybunny

hi all

just chance upon this tread

I'm crazy abt bedsheets ... whenever i see, i buy. hubby said i 'siao', we only got one bed, no need to buy too many bedsheets!!!
The brand that i like is Jean Perry, have been using their 280 TC quilt cover set ... very satisfied. hope to try their 400 TC soon ... perferably during chinese new year.
have also use sintex 280 TC quilt cover set, but after few washes, feel very rough liow.
another brand N**** (can't remember), though cheap but also soft n smooth

happybunny

hi roooller

the normal printed 280 TC range $50 to $80 ++ depending on sizes n whether got offer...
the embory 400 TC cost $150 to $200 ++ also depends on sizes ...
think they also got embory 280 TC ard $100 ++ ...

usually i go metro to look ard, might have 10% discount on n off or freebies like pillow protector, etc ... now got 50% off 2nd purchase ... buy printed ones quite worth it.
but metro compasspoint not much variety though not easily out of sizes

roooller

wow HappyBunny, u really sound expert manz!

jean perry set sounds quite reasonable. did u chk out during the recent metro warehouse sale?

btw, hv u try Aussino b4? Though i luv their towel but hvnt tried their bedsheet b4.

happybunny

not expert lah ... just know a little bit only

din go to the warehouse sale ... scare too crowded.

have bought only 1 set of Aussino bedsheets, think their combi quite weird, got quilt, no bedsheets kind of thing. but not satisfied after 1st wash cos texture quite rough to touch.

so now only stick to jean perry, within my afforable range...

those more ex brands, i only see look see look, sometime touch touch a bit for 'shiok'

serrich

sintex 300TC combed cotton is very comfy.. I have tried the normal 280TC but not as good...

If u want to invest in a good & real comfy set, do go for cotton satin. Its very smooth and cooling.. But of crse quite pricey! Try checking out brands like friven, sheridan, hall mark and louis casa..

sept03bride

hi roooller,
currently i have about 3 sets of bedshts and quilt cover from Aussino.
my personal fav is teh cotton sateen series.. wah super comfy and very shiok to sleep in.
300+ TC
but we dun like the T-shirt series...
there seems to be a smell after 1wk.. duno y.. mabbe we perspire too much?? heehee

skylar

Yes agree with Serrich & Sept 03,

I am also using the 300TC Satin, would say that the price is abit on the high side lor... but having just 1 or 2 sets of that is ok, should indulge in good sleep..

the other normal one would be 260TC or 280TC but of coz not as comfy as the satin soft feel...

try gg to Metro now ya! coz they do have their SPECIAL LINEN SALE! 50% off all 2nd purchase.. a real worth deal....

serrich

DaBee,
Most bedsheet set fits up to 12" ht. I am very sure that Sintex, Friven and Jean Perry fits.

My mattress is 13.5" thick so I got to go for the more ex brands or get cotton satin fabric lor..

saerocks

Hi, i am considering to get one quilt ( Queen Size), however i have no experience in choosing the quilt ( too many types - with and without down, silk, cotton ...) Can anyone recommend me which type of quilt should i get which is not too heavy or too warm as i only on air-con occassionally. Also where to get them in a resonable price? Thanks for your helps !

cubby

hi wen wen,

i got my beddings mostly from Aussino & their quality are not bad.
As 4 my quilt, i got it fm there also (queen too). Its cotton cover with polyester filling. It kept me warm in aircon. as i also usually do not sleep in aircon, the quilt is not too warm without aircon. try not to get those quilt with down feathers as those are too warm in non aircon.

If u wan to get fm aussino, look out 4 their whites sales! u can get it at really gd price ard 40-50. if u have fren who are member, can get 15%

Cheers

saerocks

ok, thanks .. previously i heard that Aussino pdts are not too gd, in terms of their quality, but now u gave me greater confidence
happy.gif

interrace

takashimaya bookworm.
i saw all the above brands during the home deco event in takashimaya last last wkend.
Hope this helps!
happy.gif

bookworm

hey thanks a million?

just like to check how many threadcount is good for friven. Understand that for aussion is suppose to be above 300? how ant jean perry, the same?

interrace

hi bookworm,
not too sure abt the threadcount, sorry cant help.
i only noe that threadcount more than 280 is good enuff.

smurf

Hi there,

I try a brand from spain the name start with a G....
The brand is not bad and the thread count is above 300 at a price of ard $135 per set. U can get it at Taka.

Thread count for Friven is ard 300 and above, u can go to the friven outlet and try out the different by touching the material (cotton, combed cotton/ satin etc)

interrace

Is it gracia?
i got that too, very very ex leh, but due to my thick bed, i gotta go for the higer end range.
can find 14inch bedsheet at sintex.

smurf

Yap tat is right, the brand is GRACIA. The material quite soft and smooth. quite like it.

I have never bought sintex bedsheet before as I heard bad comments on it, the mterial tends to get quite rough after 1st wash.

Chk with you, how much are u willing to pay for a bedsheet?

bookworm

frankly not more than $150 for king size...

thanks all for ur answers.
Just like to check,what colour of bedsheets do u own?

xiaobai

Hi bookworm,

Me too! searching for king size bedsheet & budget not more than $150... I loved Garcia but too ex for king full set lor..

Humm.... Thinking of getting the fabric & ask someone to sew it 4 me..
happy.gif

bookworm

huh xiaobai

find people to sew? ingenious ah..but leh chey,

i think i check jean perry, friven, and aussino out during this weekend.sometimes i just want the bedsheet without quilt cover, then its all so plain.

milor

Hi, anyone join 2 super single bed together into a super king size bed. Then where to get super king size bed sheets?

sgblingff

Hi everyone!!!

Is there any bed linen sales currently or in the near future?

I went to OG, but the sales range is too little. Price is still ex after discount.

yvo

Hi, can anyone advise me where are Sintex bedsheets & quilt cover set sold?

Thanks (^_^)