Bed Frame

starryger

Hi wenshi..

i haven't go there to see the furniture yet..so i'm not sure on their price..
but i heard. there's a few furniture shops near that area.. maybe u can go there take a look..
i might be going too.

chocolatier

jess,
i have not really take note of the furniture yet, coz havent settled for ID..house only avail in dec...juz happened to see the bed frame at the expo that day, and found it nice...

storeberry,
thanks for the website. i'll be getting the keys only in dec too! wonder if anyone had good experience with that shop...
thatz the bed frame i saw at the fair!

cha_alex,
I saw this shop @ imm, under a different name (cant rem the name), selling the same furniture as St Louiz. Even the shop signboard lettering is the same! Suspect they are related...

storeberry

Hi wenshi & hermit, this is the platform bed I saw at Hommage Furniture at Serangoon Central. They are selling it for $850. But John did say that he got a bed from DNE & is cheaper but not sure whether its the same bed.
happy.gif

starryger

Hi storeberry..

so have u been looking at any other furniture shops recently. ?
i also looking ard for a cushioned bed frame ..

storeberry

Hi I went to Beng Tuan last week & my hubby love the cusioned bed frame, very swollen! Haha! And we can customise the fabric of the bed frame, the guy told me they are having promotion now, King size cushioned bed frame is $780, comes with quilt & two pillows. And we didn't like the strips of timber supporting the mattress & they said they can change to solid wood.

But I am not sure about the real thing as have not confirm anything yet. So Jess, you haven't been to DNE? I am thinking of making a trip down.
happy.gif

I am not sure whther Hommage have Serta but they do have quite abit of mattress there. Maybe you can call up & ask? I bought my mattress from Ackerman & Smith, Reverie.

starryger

Hi Storeberry.

where is Beng Tuan ? so do they include mattress also ?

i haven't gone there before.. and i plan to go DNE this weekend..

storeberry

Hi Jess,

Beng Tuan Trading is at No. 23 Genting Road, #06-01 Chevalier House Tel: 68411027 They have another one at Serangoon but should be smaller scale: Blk 151 Serangoon North Ave 2 #01-39 They do sell mattress, quite a few brands.

But do take note that they charge delivery & installation per item & GST is not added to the display price. Quite confusing & the bed frame cost I haven't add in delivery charges also.

Hommage price is all inclusive of delivery & GST so we are still calculating which one is cheaper.

starryger

Hi Storeberry..

oh i see.. a bit confusing to have hidden cost..cos after adding all up.. will be quite expensive..
so u bought ur wardrobe too ?i'm hoping to find wardrobe and bedframe that matches the color and design..

quite difficult to find nice nice furniture..

storeberry

Yah, after the first item we see, abit "Gong" to add in individual costs up. But the prices seem reasonable. I haven't buy my wardrobe because still thinking whether to do a walk-in wardrobe. But they do sell bedroom set at $1000 plus. (Include bed frame, dressing table, bedside table & wardrobe) But the theme is always those dark wood kind & no cushioned bed frame! Haiz.. so many decisions to make!

starryger

Hi storeberry..

ya lor... i also don't quite like those darkwood color.. maybe u can go shop ard the furniture shops at kaki bukit that area this weekend and see see got the furniture u like..

so is ur wedding coming soon >?

storeberry

Too typical for my liking.. And almost everyone hose I have been is always darkwood theme.

I will probably go Kaki bukit & see see look look...

Hee.. my wedding is going to be next year, now want to concentrate on the house first. What about you?

starryger

hi storeberry

oh my wedding will be this coming Nov..
happy.gif
therefore these few weeks been looking ard for furniture.. saw a few ideal ones.. but still considering.. and looking ard..hehe

you got go to The furniture mall to see ? think it's under renovation now..most of the shops will be open next month

chun

Hi storebelly,
Sorry for late reply, Jessy had oledi help me to post DNE shop address here, Thanks Jess!!!
Yes, the bedframe picture you uploaded is selling and displayed at DNE also, they selling at S$999 net (no extra cost)for Queen size. This is the design which i was initially looking for, but i didn buy, coz got feedback that too many mechanism will be giving a lot of defect and problem in the future.
The bedframe which i bought is similar outlook but without the sliding up table and better timber surface, that one u showed i think is laminated surface.

starryger

Hi storeberry..

just now i went to kaki bukit areas furniture shops.. there's about 4 - 5 furniture shops...got DNE, Cellini, Home Themes, etc..
i went in to DNE and Home themes to see..

u can go there see see. they got sell cushioned bed frames..

tbkiang

thks storeberry, actually I already order my mattress and bedframe from Sleep Center, also in kaki bukit
happy.gif
Actually Sleep Center in Kakit bukit under same boss as Ackerman & Smith.
But the serta bedframe I got is very high, a bit regret. When I saw the pic u posted, I like it a lot, and it showing the same mattress I ordered.

Jess, any idea how much is the cushioned bedframes? Those wooden type like very painful when kana knocked.. hehe my FW very clumsy one :p

starryger

hi bk,

if u get those cushioned /pvc bedframe...think cost about 500 - 600 plus... some got 400 plus too..
so how much u bought for the mattress ?

storeberry

Jess, you went to Kaki Bukit already? How is DNE? Prices attractive? Hee, that's the most important! How much is their cusioned bed frame as well?

Yah BK, I also don't like wood because if you want to read in bed then very painful... If put pillow, also not very comfortable. As what Jess said, most cost around that region but remember that if King size then have to add additional $200. HTHS!

starryger

Hi storeberry..
ya.. quite reasonable.. but depends on ur budget and the design u wanted...
in addition, there's a few other shops there.. u can go there check it out..
happy.gif

anyone of u know where got sell nice wardrobe ?

tbkiang

Hi jess, I booked the Serta Alabama Queen for $2599 with bedframe, but I got good discount from the shop. (the boss told me cannot reveal cos Serta control their price very strict) Anyway, that was before price increase in 1st May. I went to check, now the price increased to $2999 liao.
But the bedframe very tall, I was thinking of changing to platform bed.

U not letting your contractor to do the wardrobe? I am very impressed of the wardrobe by Closet Design, good qality and the price quite reasonable too, abt $2000 for a 8ft wardrobe and $1.7K for 6ft.
I only see it after I let my contractor do.

tingshen

wow bk, $2599 is really a steal! yah, i just went yesterday and it's $2999. Think i have to find more lobang for it liao. me also aiming at this Alabama, should be their top of the line mattress already. Went to sealy, wow, they have even more expensive type, but didn't have the time to try out. any idea which is the comparable model in sealy and simsons?

tbkiang

TS, you will not be able to get this price now, Serta had increased the price since 1st May. That time when I heard the news from this forum, I rush down on the very last day to book although I only need it next year.
Anyway, you can try Sleep Center in Kaki Bukit, Eunos Technolink, they are able to give u good discount off the retail price. Another good place is Inges in Little Road (near Paya Lebar)
These shop selling Serta, Sealy and Simmons too, you can ask them to recommend. Do ask where the bed are made from.. as those made in US and Korea and Indonesia used their own material, the feel and price also diff. Anyway all Serta bed in singapore are made in Indonesia

tingshen

thanks bk, got your PM
happy.gif
just curious, would JB sells serta, simmons and sealy cheaper? some stuff are actually more expensive in malaysia, especially furnitures.

wow, you booked 1 year in advanced? so it's not yet delivered?

tbkiang

TS,
I seldom go JB so no ideas what is the price there. But when u buy things there, do consider the warranty and after sale service.

I super kiasu singaporean, when I heard of price increase, I chiong liao :p Anyway still ok lah, got price guarantee, which means if price drop b4 deliver, they will give me the cheaper price

tingshen

bk, thanks for the information. me JB nang, not so much of a trouble hehe, although my flat is at redhill (haven't started any reno for the new place)

Serta seems to have lesser range of product and cap at the Alabama series as the top range product. Actually all those bed frame can be taken away and make your mattress having much lower price one. I just went to Robinson, most of the sales rep from the distributors/manufacturer told me that. You have to pay full retail price(perhaps with a small discounts) to get the so called freebies. My wife just commented that all these bedframe are in mass production.....so most probably we will be getting just the mattress only as it is hard to blend the bedframe in to our new flat theme.

wenshi

Hi Jess & Strawberry,

think DNE got promotion now, jz read the paper today. Dunno how cheap it offer... u all may like to go there to hv a look.

storeberry

Hi I went to DNE yesterday, find that their prices are higher as compared to Hommage & Beng Tuan.

And the 1st assistant that help us was friendly but he left to serve another customer without telling us?? So another older lady came & serve us but when I asked her for the price, she told me its $499. I jokingly say very expensive hor & her face immediately changed. She was not interested in serving us after that. Quite realistic their service which I don't really like.

The SA at Hommage didn't gave us another face when we told him our budget but gave us a few suggestions on the furniture. So I guess DNE is out for me.

storeberry

Wenshi, Yah, I was abit disgusted by their service. I mean I am on a budget but there is no need to deem me as a non-potential customer!

If service & price is good, I will be buying my whole house furniture there! But obviously I am not a "fat fish" for them.. Haha!

tango48

Bad experience with Ackerman & Smith at Toa Payoh.. The salesman recommended a Getha pillow which is about $120. First they delivered the wrong pillows.. then, later after making an exchange, we discovered that the pillows are not what the salesperson recommended.. They say will get back to us, but have not even call us to say what is the status.. what kind of service is this...

gnm

hello PH (tango48),

really? who served you? so far my experience with Ackerman & Smith is very good. The sales person was polite and very patient with us.

Maybe you could call them up to ask what is going on?

tango48

For the past few days, I keep calling them and they tell me the salesman will call me back.. but I just keep waiting and no reply from them..
That is not the way to do business..

gnm

hmm... the sales person who served us is Jim
his services are very good... mabbe you may want to try getting in contact with him and share your grievience with him so that he may help you?

tango48

They finally made an exchange to the pillows, the silly reason for the mistake is 10 to 20% in this shippment is mixed up with other models. If not for our eagle eyes, they would not have spotted it. One perculiar thing is we paid $120 for the each pillow, later we found out that the actual recommened retail price for Getha Windy pillow is actually RM139. We are paying twice for that.. We did not further persue this matter and let it rest. After this incident, I hope consumers out there be more careful and do more homework...

gnm

ah... at least you have the issue resolved. Good.

You are rite, we are paying good money for goods we are needing in the new house, so prudence is still the way to go when shopping for the home ;)

albert_sy2

Hi guys. So if we remove DNE and Acherman from the list, that leaves us with Beng Tuan..? Do they sell King size bedframes?

tango48

hi guys, watch out for ackerman & smith.. my colleague ordered a custom made bedframe last year december. they promise to delivery on 25thsep 2006. at the end of the day ackerman & smith did not deliver the bedframe and yet they make the couple waited till night time.. in the end the excuse ackerman & smith gave is the factory cannot make that kind of design...

this is not the way to do business and yet they still promise to delivery when the factory cannot produce.. and best of all, that day is suppose to be a good day to "move in the bed" in chinese calendar..

consumers out there u be your own judge..

piggypig

anyone bought slumberland mattress? Slumberland "Royal Ruby" @1980, free bedframe from Aer*

Anyone has experience with Aer*??

apple_88

PH, i am sure u are still very angry with ackerman so is your colleague. Did you get wat u wanted in the end? did ackerman ignore ur case or follow up with the necessary actions? i tink we need to give credit where credit is due and not to condemn someone base on one or two bad experiences.
For example, i am a satisfactory customer of them. I bought my bedframe n mattress from them and the delivery was smooth, no hicupps at all. So many of my friends also bought from them and i can say most of them ended up very satisfied. In term of service, i tink they are really one of the better ones in the market. No hard sales, not pushy, polite, patient, knowledgable and most important very competitive price. Wat else can one ask for from a retailer?