Bangkok-Shoping for wedding/home decor stuff

dawn45

Hi mehmeh

my rom in march. ad most prob in 2006. so now still looking ard , most prob look ard after my bangkok trip hehe.Going there to buy crockery and decor stuff, corsages u recommended buying paper one rite? how abt those organza kinda?
Does Allure Charix has in hse photography for Bs photos? Btw how much is yr BS package? And are u holding ur tea ceremony , church wedding n banquet on same day?

Paiseh ask so much qns...

mehmeh_lim

Hi Dawn

Dun worry about the questions. We are all here to help. If you need more help, you can go to "Christian/Catholic brides" under Meeting place for all brides

Allure Charix does not do photography. They sell gowns and do alteration, that's all.

My YC package cost me $2988 and i topped up $300 for a MTM WG. Heard fr a fellow YC bride who paid $4000 that comes with 45 pictures. I thot tt's a great deal!!

Yupz, I will be having both tea ceremony and church wedding on the same day. But I am going to have banquet on the subsequent day.

dawn45

hi mehmeh

so ur church wedding held at where? u holding ur banquet on sun? So how long ahead did u book ur venues? Did u go for mpc or ee?

Oic, do u think is more expensive if get separate photographers apart from brdal shop?

wheres is yr bs located at? Went for photo shoot ?

gog for bkk soon and want to go to places there to get modern contemp decor stuff. Any recommendations?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Dawn

My church's going to be my actual venue. I'm not a Catholic.. A christian, actually. Have gone for my marriage prep course organised by my church.

For both church & banquet, i booked about a yr in advance. Usually tt's recommended, not any less though.

For the PS, usually the BS wld provide the photographers oredi. However u need to source for ur own if you're going to DIY.

YC is located along Tanjong Pagar, where many BSs are. Nopez, my PS will only be in March
happy.gif

I think MBK has modern & contemporary decor stuff. The shop's called The Loft. Not too sure if Chatuchak has though

dawn45

hi meh meh

ic ic. thanks for the info. btw where is ur new home? have u shifted in?ya heard of the loft, recommended by my fren too.....but dunno if it is expensive. any other places to recommend?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Dawn

I dun have a new home to my name. Wld be staying with my in-laws first. Dun want to rush into doing so many things at a go, as well as want to save up for a gd place. Currently the new flats are not ideal locations, in my opinion.

I am not too sure if the Loft is expensive... Haven't heard of other places to recommend u.

When's ur trip?

dawn45

hi mehmeh

going there this wkend...looking forward to it. i havent plan my itnerary yet. ya its important to settle one thing at a time cos if u put everything together its gonna be a headache and u will lose ur focus. my hse almost done up but still got a lot of nitty gritty stuff unsettled. So you would recommend corsages shd get paper ones and not the plastic kind? Do they have organza material kinda?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Dawn

I wld love to go BKK again. Esp Chatuchak! Itinerary.. Didn't really plan one though. Just decided each night where to go the next day.
The plastic flowers didn't look really nice to me. I didn't see any organza material flowers

racherlle

hi gals!

I'm planning to go BKK in May this year.... This is my first trip to BKK.. pretty excited!!
happy.gif
going to stay there for 6D5N.. is that sufficient for all the shopping? My purpose there is to get my household items, crockeries, furniture there!
saw from the earlier postings that some of u gals got ur items couriered back..
can I check hw long does it takes for them to deliver here??
anyone managed to get ur furniture delivered here?? any tax issues???

oh ya.. I'm planning to stay in Baiyoke Sky.. any comments abt this hotel??? is it near the shopping areas???

celtricia

hey racherlle...

remember me!? nice to c u here.. heh.. i came bak frm bangkok juz on tuesday n stayed at Baiyoke Sky.. wat room did u bk? the hotel is great n so is the breakfast n d service staff.. its near some shopping centres but its best to stay around Siam City dat area.. coz dat's where all the major shopping thingy is going on..

suelynn

I stayed at Baiyoke Suite which is jus next to baiyoke sky, the location is great for getting clothes as the Pathunam market is jus downstairs n within the same buildings has many great wholesale shops!

As for household stuff, tink its still best to go to chatuchak mkt cos the plc where we stayed dun have much. The cons abt staying there is tat BTS is very far away. So best to move ard in taxi, beware f tuk tuk we want to bring u to jewellery shops!

racherlle

hi Celtricia!!
happy.gif

yup of coz remember u! hehe wow! u juz got back frm u shopping trip ah! hehe.. bought a lot of tings back????
happy.gif
did u get any furniture back?

I've not booked Baiyoke Sky yet.. which level did u stay???? heee.. which room to recommend????? hw much did u pay for ur accomodation there? u book thru the net?

hmmm Siam City ah?? hmmm.. which hotels are near there???? any recommendations?? heee i'm sooooooo excited abt shopping!!! hehe.. 6 days there shld be sufficient rite?

maya

Suelynn, BSuite is 3-star compared to BSky which is 4-star rite? How's the BSuite? I'm staying there when I'm going this mth.

yuuri

I oso just came back from BKK shopping trip...I stayed at Asia hotel cos' it's really very convenient!!! The BTS is linked to the hotel, and it's quite near to Siam Sq + MBK.

Sadly, didn't manage to buy any furniture back...but got back some decorative vases, flowers, etc!!! IMO, best place to get home decor stuff is still Chatuchak market!

celtricia

hey racherlle...

ya.. bought lots of clothes bak.. din manage to get any furniture coz no idea hw i can ship it bak.. heh..
happy.gif
will b checking out more info as to hw i can get furniture bak the nxt time i'm gg there.. heh..

i had bked baiyoke sky frm www.bangkok.com n i stayed in the junior suite.. actually bked the low zone one.. coz its cheaper at 2870baht per nite.. whh is actually ard 100 plus singapore dollar.. but when i checked in, they upgrade me to the sky zone for free.. whh is at the 62th level.. the scenary it GREAT!
biggrin.gif
n the service staff is fantastic.. heh.. if u bking thru the net.. i suggest ur airport transfer bk direct frm the hotel coz its much cheaper.. the webpage for baiyoke sky n baiyoke suite is www.baiyokehotel.com/index.html

as for hotels in siam city area.. u can check out novotel.. coz seems like its not bad n consider cheaper den baiyoke.. though scenery not as gd.. heh.. but its nearer to shopping area.. heh.. as long as both saturday n sundays u r in Bangkok its gd enuff.. coz got weekend market at chatuchak where things r cheap n require the almost the whole day to cover the whole mkt... heh.. i got pics of baiyoke sky junior suite if u wan a look.. if not u can check out the website i've given..

Cheers!
happy.gif

racherlle

hi celtricia!

geee.. u make Baiyoke Sky sounds so nice!! hehe.. okie.. most likely i'm getting them too.. hmmm i'm tinking of booking it frm www.sawadee.com the rates are slightly the same.. cheaper by a bit..
happy.gif
heehee..
ya can u send me the pics of ur junior suite?
thanks
happy.gif
[email protected]

celtricia

hey racherlle..

heh.. really ah.. i make it sound nice? hmmm... but its really nice lor.. kekeke.. sawadee one cheaper? will go check it out d nxt time round.. i've send the pics to u liao.. u go check it out.. c

Cheers!
happy.gif

racherlle

hi celtricia!

thanks for ur pics!
happy.gif

oh ya btw.. hw much did u pay for ur 2 way transfer? it's cheaper than hopping on a taxi?
u arrange with Baiyoke Sky?? I can't find any charges on the transfer on their website.. hmm..

celtricia

hi racherlle,

no prob..
biggrin.gif

actually we din bked any transfer b4 hand, when we reached the airport, we juz walk to the counters there to bk one to our hotel n it cost us 700baht.. n if go by their expressway got to pay another 20baht for the toll fee.. on the way bak den we bked frm Baiyoke Sky whh cost us 570baht to the airport inclusive of the toll fee.. tink u can try emailing them abt it n c if they can arrange for 2-way transfer...

celtricia

racherlle..

no prob.. at least nw all tis things still fresh in my mind so can provide u the details.. if u ask me a mth later.. i may forgot abt it liao n nid to check bak.. kekeke.. anyway, i din consider d taxi there for trpt as it goes by meter, n in BKK usually got traffic jam, so i feel dat bking straight frm the counters at airport or at hotel would b much wiser as the price is areadi fixed liao rather than having a approximate price given by the taxi driver whh the amt could haf increase greatly by the wait in traffic jams..
happy.gif

suelynn

Hi celtricia> I and my family went by taxi metre when we reach bangkok, we bargained n he agreed to fetch us to our hotel Baiyoke suite for $200baht. While we were going to chinatown for sharks fin, the thai driver a teochew spoke to us in teochew, he felt like we are own ppl, he told us when we go back sg we shld hail taxi oursevles cos hotel ppl will earn commission fr taxi. So they will charge $400 baht. He said the normal price for taxi from hotel is $200baht to airport so we quite heng when we we were leaving the hotel to airport. There was a bit of jam n it cos us ard $120baht plus toll abt 20baht so total $140baht, we gave the driver tips so add up $200baht. Jus came back fr bkk last monday.

There are alot of taxis hanging ard the hotel so dun worry theres no cab, if really so sway dun have then u ask the hotel recep to call cab for u. Hope tis helps!
happy.gif
enjoy your trip n dun take tuktuk cos they always try to bring u to jewel store.

jus hail cab when u are in bangkok, dun board any taxi who tries to name a price, shld nt be more than 100baht when theres no jam moving ard the city. If peak period, take the BTS.

celtricia

hi suelynn.. tink u really lucky to mit a taxi driver like him.. coz my fren say he n his frens kena 'chop' by the taxi drivers there.. so warn me to b careful if i were to take taxi.. so decided not to.. heh.. tink d taxi driver u met n d tuk tuk driver dat we met haf pretty much d same kind of kind n considerate character.. so bascially it all boils down to whether we r 'heng' or not lor.. heh..
happy.gif

suelynn

Yah, lo see heng or nt but we took taxi most of the time or bts. Once when we were in silom all the cab n tuktuk tried to chop us but we kept walking n went inside panpac hotel n we asked the hotel wats the normal price. The security officer help us call cab thru walkie talkie n he told us to take cab by metre.

So if need help go any hotel and ask wats the normal rate or they can help to estimate.

racherlle

hi suelynn

thanks for ur advice too..
hmmm ya my bf quite garang.. haha so with him ard i'm quite safe.. he will ask the taxi driver before boarding..
thanks!!!

yuuri

Actually just hail any cabs, and just say 'By meter?' and most of them would nod. If they start stating a price, just get out!

Also, if you wanna go Chinatown to eat sharks Fin...NEVER EVER tell the taxi driver you are going for dinner cos' some of them will bring you to this ulu restaurant that they get commission for!!

peiyi

Anyone know if i courier my things from bkk, how long i need to wait my goods reach singapore/malaysia?

Thank you

channice

hihi
Yes, i will be going to bangkok in 2 weeks time and becos i am taking TIGER Airways, which only allows 15kg of check-in luggage, i am concerned if i will go above limit.
Please advice, if anyone knows how to ship things back from there.

Thanks!
Email: [email protected]

peiyi

hi,

I think nobody know how to ship things back from there. I posted so long time, but nobody reply me yet.
sad.gif

minssy

hi peggy,

probably cos most of us just go there and shop and dun bring back big items mah...

i heard of pple getting courier for the wholesale stuff. i am sure WHEN you wanna buy, the shop pple can assist? if they really dun have alternative, then dun buy lor.. make it impromptu lah.. dun fret..

racherlle

hi body shop!

hehe for me i'm pretty KS.. i lugged my standing lamp home.. and check it in together w my luggage!
happy.gif

u can ship tings back there using the courier service provided in the Chatuchat market.. but not too sure abt the rates though..

racherlle

oh ya celine

i brought back alot of stuff for my trip in May.. i took jetstarasia the other time and was not charged for any excess baggage..

i brought back 3 (big, medium, small) zebra pots, zebra pan, zebra kettle.. 1 standing lamp, bedside lamps, 1 huge cushion, invitation cards, clothes, vases, etc.. keke

interrace

Hi Gals,

Any idea where in BKK can i find those shag-rug cotton one ? is abt the size to cover area surrounding coffee table type ?

tksin advance...

booboo

Hi racherlle

May I know where u brough the zebra pots, zebra pan, zebra kettle, standing lamp and bedside lamps? And is it cheaper?

Thanks.

ahmei

hi anyone knows if there's any shops in bangkok that sell nice shoes (wedding), ang pow box, stuff like that? thanks..

yamiyogurt

BooBoo

the zebra pots and pans can be bought at Big C. There is one near teh Central World Mall. Near Arnoma and BKK City Inn area..

ribenaberry

Yami, how much are the zebra pots & pans? Does wholesaler market like Chatchuchak sells them?

I am not into these household products. Is Zebra available in Singapore? How much does it cost here? In what way is Zebra products better than others, such that you buy them from BKK?

Care to share the photo of your lamps? How much? Where you buy them?

yamiyogurt

hi ribena

I am also not into household products. my colleague's mum brought a lot of zebra stuff at Big C and she told us it's def cheaper. Think zebra should be available at dept stores like Taka... or Isetan :p

bailey

wah..u all buy so much stuff then how to carry back into spore? can fit into luggage meh?

anyone shipped back fragile or odd-size items from BKK? me trying to check out the shipping service and charges juz in case i see something that catches my eye.

jnp

Hi Beetle,

Shipping back item can be quite costly n if ur items is quite cheap, it's really not worth it. It's more cost savings for those expensive items where the savings are a couple of hundreds else forget it. Anyway, if u are in Chatuchat, there are many shipping company there that u can check the rate.
Overall, household items are indeed cheaper in BKK. Happy Shopping!

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi all

i was at BKK last weekend.. got my wedding favours in the exact shape and form and color i wanted in chatuchak.. but at only 25% of my budget.. the pple are really nice and if you can give them more time, they will actually customise to your specification without extra charges

btw, shipping charges are around 4,200 baht for a 30kg package.. =)</font>

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi girls, I'll be going to bangkok end apr to see if I can get some wedding stuff. What's good there to buy ah?
happy.gif
Want to change my table centrepieces and perhaps get some decor stuff for the church recep. pandalic, how much did you spend?</font>

sailormoonwt

Ohaiyo guys...

i m planning for my BKK trip end of nov 06... was reading thru the many threads here on accomodation and decided on either Indra Regent Hotel or Ibis Siam hotel Bangkok ... anyone ever stayed there? can share with me the experience?
happy.gif

anyone noe where to get nice home &amp; deco stuffs? apart frm Suan Lum night mkrt &amp; chatuchak mkrt... i heard siam centre is worth making a trip too...

mocha_lover

definitely CTC market. coz it's so unique and cheap and be sure to bargain.

The place is so big, iam sure if u wan to find those deco stuffs for ur hse, sure can one.

kao_clap.gif

sailormoonwt

tks sweetie! yup..i actually did went CTC mkt the other time we went BKK &amp; saw alot of home &amp; deco stuffs..but didnt hv a serious look at them cos tat time we hvnt got our new house yet.. okie..i go there and try ....
i heard Siam Discovery Centre &amp; Siam Centre hv alot as well ah? read frm HOme &amp; Deco magz before..