Bali

99mm

Tan (maria_tan),for eating, Jimbarang bay is a must try but is a little expensive. Bebek Bengil in Ubud is also quite famous.

Actually, Bali is very easy to travel by yourself even without an agent. Most hotels in Kuta will arrange for a free pick up and freelance drivers/guides are readily available on the streets.

Do get a fixed rate with them before you set off. The standard rate should be about 50-60 SGD a day inclusive of gas. Ours charge us some what less when we were there in Nov last year.
http://balivacation2008.blogspot.com/2008/12/our-friendly-guide.html

eoj

hi regin,
I guess winnie got flick out by some boliau people in this tread, do you still need the contact of this agent? I can email to you, just tell me.

eoj

Hi Liz, I checked with my friend in Bali he said that if you like to get away from city life, away from sea, sun & sand alila may be a good place to spend a few nights but he said for that kind of price, may be better spend on a nice villa with private pool

eoj

ya, not forgetting about the all time popular Dirty Duck, there are a couple of restaurant there also serve grilled ribs,

Fuyutsuki, sound like Ubud is the right place for you. Comparing the 3* and 5* accommodation, I'll say spend a bit more go for the 5*, value for money.

fuyutsuki

thanks for the review
happy.gif
i am planning to stay in santi mandala villa in ubud. any reviews on this?

eoj

the feedback from my Bali's friend about santi mandala, not bad. except that it's a bit out, and he suggested if you intend to stay there, go for the plunge pool, the garden villa is just another chalet like accommodation except that the GREEN view is very peaceful

eoj

There are a few cruise company provide the full day cruise to lambogan island, and only 1 cruise goes to penida, i tried bounty cruise, bali hai and quicksilver, cos I like snorkeling and I must say, so far the Q.Silver still the best, food is good hv entertainment on board, no need to quene up for snorkeling like other cruises, price about the same but I think bounty is more ex, still I'm able to get good discount from my agent friend

clocks

I was given with this proposal, anyone can give some suggestion or idea, is this arrangm ok? 1st time visit bali

Day2
Breakfast
Ubud handicraft village
Rice terrace
Kintamani lunch overlook mt batur
Sample balinese coffee at coffee plantation
Visit magicial spring water temple, Tempaksiring
Lobster Dinner at jimbaran
Back to hotel

Day3
Breakfast
Water Rafting @ Melangit river include lunch
Visit & shopping in Ubud
Visit Tanah lot
Dinner at Made Warung
Drive thru Legian bombing site and Kuta
Back to hotel

Day4
Breakfast
Watersport at Tanjung Benoa. Experience parasailing, jet ski, waka, fly fish, introductory diving for non-licence divers etc.
Lunch at Kuta, best sop butut
Kuta beach for surfing or relaxing
Dinner at Ocean 27, new restaurant along kuta beach in Discovery Mall
Party or just to enjoy the band at Hard rock center stage
Back to hotel

Day5
Relax in hotel
Lunch at Tempo Doeloe, Indonesia cuisine
Shopping
late dinner
Airport
Home sweet home

Is the schedule too tight? pls anyone, can share your experience? Thnks

clocks

thank you Dewa, can I ask you, if we take your service like the one I posted, how much you charge? Include the water rafting @melangit river, lobster dinner at jimbaran and all the tour entry fee and lunch at kintamani.

I would like to do a comparsion, sorry I can not tell you the rate that was given as in the terms I promised not to disclose them but I would like to see if your price is cheaper

bewildereddy

Hi guys!

I’ve 3 Jetstar Tickets to Bali for the 26th-29th May 2009.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my friends and I are unable to make it for this trip, and letting the tickets go at a very low price of SGD280 each!! (SGD240 + SGD 40 for name change)

Currently, Jetstar tickets to Bali are going for SGD370+.

Contact me at 94574506 for further details. Thanks!

clocks

hi dewa, I already received your email, but look like your offer is not as good as the offer and arrangement I got from the other agent. let us think about it first. Thank you.

clocks

Hi Dewa, thank you very much for your suggestion, but after much comparing and communicating with you and the agent, we feel more comfortable with the agent and we really appreicate your suggestion.

So good luck to your business, hope you can sell better to other ppl in this thread.

thngs

which part of bali has nice beautiful beach? and where is good to shop for cheap and quality handicraft?

lyne_19

hi prascilia..

my tour guide take me to many beach, i think geger beach is beautiful beach.for shopping handcraft he take me to kresna shop . cheap & good quality.he knows good place for shopping.pm me if you need his
service.thank

hai priscilia,
right like leney said,geger beach very beautifull beach,you can realx a day there,also padang -padang,suluban beach,i thinks for this time dreamland to busy and many ppl there

and for shoping other than kresna ,kampung bali,sukawati,and kuta art market but for sukawati and kuta art market you must have good bargain

one place for buy kue lapis ( lapis cake ) at jalan by pass ngurah rai also there sell peanut bali

blueetea

Hi,
I have 2 ASA travel vouchers ($2k and $2,896) willing to sell at 5% discount.
The vouchers can be used to buy air tickets or any travel package.
Book by end Aug'09 and travel by end Dec'09.
SMS me at 9479 9419 if interested. Thanks!

evestb

hello Eoj,

Mind to PM me as well and tell me more about ur agent/friend in Bali??I intend to go there next year..tks..

eoj

Hi,
tried to PM you, but this is what was printed, "Sorry, but the user you have selected does not accept private messages"

why not you pm me and drop me your email address?

neuross

Hi everybody!

I'm planning to go Bali next year for my honeymoon. Please advise if 4 days 3 nites is enough? Can anyone suggest where are the must go places in Bali? Me & my HTB prefer sightseeing & adventure/water sports. Not really into watching making of handicraft & stuff.

Do you all think that it's advisable to go on day tour during honeymoon or juz rest & relax in da villa since u paid so much for it?

ooxueoo

Hi,
Am planning to hv a short getaway trip with my family. I hv no idea at all how to start planning and it's our 1st time there too.

Can someone pls advise?

kristina97

I think you can start finding out when you can get special discounted flights, would suggest to plan for about 5 days trip to Bali, coz very big island, bigger than S'pore. after that can book for your hotel or villa. Get a good agent to arrange your trip and hotel, it's easier.

molicha

Kritina,

Thanks for recommending Jmbali. They are absolutely wonderful. Service is good and prompt when you make inquiry.
Joseph is in town and I even met up with him.
Looking forward to my trip in mid Dec.

Strongly recommend to those who plan to visit bali

kristina97

Ok, I'm sure you will enjoy your Bali trip as much as we did. Me and hubby still talking about taking another trip there.

clocks

Just came back on a long posted trip to Bali. Thanks to jmbali, they was very patience with our keep changing plan since last year March. Due to my hb work we have been making lots of changes.

It was a wonderful holiday we had. Stayed in Beverly Hills Villa, very nice. We visited Tanah Lot, Ubud (don't really like this crowd place)Rice terrace, Kintamani, a holy spring water temple, (forgot the name), uluwatu, Kuta beach, Geger beach, Jimbaran beach, Nusa Dua beach.

Activity, we had water rafting(best), parasailing, jet ski, flyfish, introductory diving. We did a hot stone massage and a chocolate with red wine spa, both are very good.

Food we enjoyed the BBQ lobster set dinner at Jimbaran, not so much of the food but the sunset view was nice, we was lucky that day, was told no sunset view for a few days before.
The Pork Ribs at Warung Ho in Nusa Dua, better than any ribs we had before, they also serve babi guling.
We also like the Made warung, nice set up.
The special prawn-crab shashimi (better than lobster shashimi) and steamed garupa at Gurita seafood restaurant was also good.
The crispy salted egg chicken at Mariloboro in kuta tasted special.

Overall, two thumbs up for Jmbali who help us to make the arrangement.

clocks

sorry for the late reply. our agent arranged the lobster dineer for us at Jimbaran. I think it's about Rp200.000 per set.

mich55

hi all,
Me & hubby just decided to go Bali in Apr10...know nothing abt it, just want to go relax. Just book Bali island villa & spa with a local agent...

anyone stay in this villa before?

am a bit confuse here, so if I want to get someone to bring us to places, book with jmbali.com or joseph? are they the same?

the local travel agent say can just find out when in Kuta area...but tot of do some homework first...anyone can advise?

kristina97

yap, jmbali and joseph, they are the same company. you can save a quite a bit if you book thru them instead of wasting time looking for tours in kuta.