Ariston or Joven heater

qqq123

haha, ya, it's horizontal.
happy.gif

different from previous old horizontal models, this one got thermometer.

ekardo, what's the price for new model? a little higher?

cheryl_c

Hi all,

Just some info to share.

Am new homeowner so was shopping around for instant heater. Saw this promo for gas heater at city gas for free!! Went down to city gas gallery to check it out. Turns out that city gas now give free heater for new owner and you only pay for installation ($80).

Heard its cost saving and heat up faster than instant or storage heater.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

ekardo

yes it's free, but I think citygas is more costly for those who don't cook often.

and the heater have to be place in the kitchen...cannot be in the toilet...

it's fugly !!

jgal

citygas .. is more costly.. if you using it for cooking.. comparing to LPG

But using gas for heating water is def. cheaper than electrical instant / storage heater.

alice916

ciry gass will costly if use for cooking?
My resale hdb it's using city gas from pre owner, but we haven't move yet..
It's that more resonable if we cook often?

babyleen

hi, citygas is not costly. basically all gas products are control products, if either one overcharges, i think ppl in SG will go on strike either physically or online... ;-D

the best thing abt using citygas is that you dun hv to worry abt gas running low. its there all the time.

a 25L storage heater for a 5rm flat is more than sufficient. eg. a person drinks 3l of water per day, this will last for 1 week. and storage heater purpose is to store water and heat it up for usage, it will be replenish frequently so it should be more than enough for use for whole household. and also pls do reminded to save our earth by using a suitable tank size as it will mean saving energy needed to heat up a bigger tank of water. generally, a 25L tank will be sufficient for a 5rm flat. if yours is a private landed house, then its best to check with your plumber or renovation contractor and not your ID. these ppl are more experience and able to do a correct sizing/calculations. if there are still further doubt, do contact the mfgr office directly for clarifications.

ariston:
Merioni TermoSanitari Pte Ltd
39 Robinson Road #09-04
Robinson Point Singapore 068911
Tel: 6226 0292
Fax: 6226 0316
http://www.mtsgroup.com

Joven Electric (S) Pte Ltd
No. 10 Ubi Crescent # 02 – 18
Ubi Techpark Lobby B
Singapore 408564
Tel: (65) 62833181, 67493772, 67496421
Fax: (65) 67493575
http://www.jovenelectric.com

water from storage heater can be use for washing areas instead of using for bathing only. the only initial cost is to install hot and cold water piping all around the whole which your plumber guy will be able to estimate a cost for it.

whether it should be horizontal or vertical, it depend on the space that is available at your hm.

installation of heater itself is generally charge at S$80. copper piping depend on the mkt rate and the length that is require to run to the designated point.

citygas free instant heater runs on gas and must be install at kitchen or expose area. enclosed area is not allowed due to safety reasons.

and of coz, running on gas is cheaper than electricity.

for prices of storage heaters, ariston and joven are comparable and competitive in pricing. ariston is from italy and joven is from malaysia.
but for ariston, place of manufacture may not be place of assemble.

the general pricing of storage heater are:

ariston 30L - range from S$225 - S$240
joven 35L - range from S$235 - S$250
joven 25L - range from S$220 - S$240

above prices gather from:
- universal union @ geylang Lor 44
- goh ah bee @ kovan city (near kovan mrt)
- poh joo @ jln besar
- hoe kee @ no. 8 genting lane (HQ) / jln berseh branch

warranty:
- ariston: 4 years warranty for tank against leakage; 1 year warranty for electronic parts

- joven: 10 years warranty for tank against leakage

i wish to state that the above information is just for purely information gather from users and advice given by sellers and users and by no way represent any legal implications to me or whatsoever. it is purely for information purpose only and does not represent my view or manipulations of others' views.

hope the above helps.

ekardo

correction: Joven is german brand, but make in Malaysia

Ariston is make in Italy ? not so sure...but they have 2 version, square one (looks fugly..should retain the old square lok), and the cylinder one.

my old house was using Ariston, and then Perling (also from Ariston), both have the rust issue, staining the kitchen floor...so I get joven since it's review is very good.. (from friends, etc)

babyleen

hi, citygas is not costly. basically all gas products are control products, if either one overcharges, i think ppl in SG will go on strike either physically or online... ;-D

the best thing abt using citygas is that you dun hv to worry abt gas running low. its there all the time.

a 25L storage heater for a 5rm flat is more than sufficient. eg. a person drinks 3l of water per day, this will last for 1 week. and storage heater purpose is to store water and heat it up for usage, it will be replenish frequently so it should be more than enough for use for whole household. and also pls do reminded to save our earth by using a suitable tank size as it will mean saving energy needed to heat up a bigger tank of water. generally, a 25L tank will be sufficient for a 5rm flat. if yours is a private landed house, then its best to check with your plumber or renovation contractor and not your ID. these ppl are more experience and able to do a correct sizing/calculations. if there are still further doubt, do contact the mfgr office directly for clarifications.

ariston:
Merioni TermoSanitari Pte Ltd
39 Robinson Road #09-04
Robinson Point Singapore 068911
Tel: 6226 0292
Fax: 6226 0316
http://www.mtsgroup.com

Joven Electric (S) Pte Ltd
No. 10 Ubi Crescent # 02 – 18
Ubi Techpark Lobby B
Singapore 408564
Tel: (65) 62833181, 67493772, 67496421
Fax: (65) 67493575
http://www.jovenelectric.com
http://www.joven-electric.com/default.asp

water from storage heater can be use for washing areas instead of using for bathing only. the only initial cost is to install hot and cold water piping all around the whole which your plumber guy will be able to estimate a cost for it.

whether it should be horizontal or vertical, it depend on the space that is available at your hm.

installation of heater itself is generally charge at S$80. copper piping depend on the mkt rate and the length that is require to run to the designated point.

citygas free instant heater runs on gas and must be install at kitchen or expose area. enclosed area is not allowed due to safety reasons.

and of coz, running on gas is cheaper than electricity.

for prices of storage heaters, ariston and joven are comparable and competitive in pricing. ariston is from italy and joven is from malaysia.
but for ariston, place of manufacture may not be place of assemble.

the general pricing of storage heater are:

ariston 30L - range from S$225 - S$240
joven 35L - range from S$235 - S$250
joven 25L - range from S$220 - S$240

above prices gather from:
- universal union @ geylang Lor 44
- goh ah bee @ kovan city (near kovan mrt)
- poh joo @ jln besar
- hoe kee @ no. 8 genting lane (HQ) / jln berseh branch

warranty:
- ariston: 4 years warranty for tank against leakage; 1 year warranty for electronic parts

- joven: 10 years warranty for tank against leakage

i wish to state that the above information is just for purely information gather from users and advice given by sellers and users and by no way represent any legal implications to me or whatsoever. it is purely for information purpose only and does not represent my view or manipulations of others' views.

hope the above helps.

babyleen

hi ekardo,

joven is incorporated in Malaysia, not a german brand. pls refer to their history page of the company as stated on their website.

"Joven is the pioneer of Electric Water Heaters manufacturing in Malaysia. Incorporated in 1983, we continue to satisfy customers' demands for better lifestyle by constantly designing and producing innovative yet practical products.
Marketed under the brand name "Joven", our Instant Water Heater, Multipoint Instant Water Heater and Storage Water Heater are synonymous with quality, reliability and safety as they are certified and approved by SIRIM and ST (Malaysia), PSB (SISIR) and PUB (Singapore).

Furthermore, our two new products, Shower Filter and Water Purifier are designed to provide a clean and healthy lifestyle to every individual.

Apart from the local market, Joven products are also enjoying rapidly growing sales in the Southeast Asia."

babyleen

dun mention, william. juz that i had renovation going on and hunted all over the island for stuffs and was given plenty of advices from uncles, aunties, experienced users and sellers that i have benefitted so i thought it would be good to share with ppl out there.

but pls do not mistaken that i am prejudice or discriminating other brands. Amasco was recommended but i think the seller told me it was from China but cheaper and i didn't ask more from there.

and also pls do not be mistaken that i am 100% correct. i am still in learning process everyday....

ekardo

wow...i was told by so many of my friend that Joven is from germany...haha..

anyway, thumbs up to Msia for this...

babyleen

hi ekardo, dun mention. at first i also tot it was from some ang mo country. and at 1st i am abit worried abt its ability to perform comparing to Ariston. but i was assured by many users and some of my relatives who had been using joven for quite sometime already. so i hv not doubt that it is improving in its quality. not to mention that it had to pass our PSB stringent tests.

but do bear in mind that there are many other brands in the mkt. I was recomended Amasco also.

But if you were to buy, buy the latest model of any brand. coz those older models of many brands hv tank leakage problm.

to really understand and do a rough calculation on how big a tank you require for your hm, i can recommend this website for all to read.

National Climate Committee:

http://www.nccc.gov.sg/Households/tips.shtm
http://www.nccc.gov.sg/els/heater.shtm
http://www.nccc.gov.sg/els/els.shtm#

hybels

had a terrible experience with Hong Liang Electrical Enterprise.

i wanted to replace my existing water heater to Joven. Hong Liang quoted me $350 (nett), including installation, and i agreed. but when the contractor came to change, he said he had to charge me a higher installation coz of the piping. i felt cheated coz that was not the price we agreed on earlier. i called Hong Liang for an explanation and they said they will not absorb the additional installation charges! They even said take it or leave it!!!

this is unfair treatment to consumers!! in the end, i did not change my heater.

Hi CT, I am also thinking of changing my heater, so I am worried about the piping too. Was it a lot of work? did you neg before buying it from them?

hybels

hi lovestory

the piping work is ok although i changed from Rheem to Joven. the plumber just had to re-channel some pipes coz the location of the water outlets was different for the 2 brands. he took slightly more than 1 hour.

i bought from Adamas Bathroom. cheaper than Hong Liang.

dazzle

hihi, check with you all,

i bought an ariston 30 L water heater but the water turns cold when before the second person finish bathing.

The ariston guy came over to take a look and told me that the hot water is only one pail and he demostrated by filling up a pail with hot water,in about 5 mins, the water turns cold liao, is it supposed to be the case ?

please advise !very miserable leh... sigh .. thanks

sangay

Hi all,

just my feedback:

i was using ariston storage heater last time, 25L type.

And now in my new place, i used Joven storage, 25L also.

i realised that Joven is alot better than ariston.

Joven heat up water really fast. Almost like instant heater.

Ariston really must wait. 10 - 15 mins at least.

At first i thought for Joven, the worker turned some heat thermostat knob to the highest. But i realised there is no knob to adjust the thermostat.

For Joven, i just switch on the switch. take off my clothes, take my towel, just walk in the shower area and open the water tap. Bingo. i get real hot water out. always very hot. i got to quickly turn the tap to colder part of the tap to counterbalance the heat/cold water.

For Ariston, must really wait man...... really slow.... sometimes 10 mins also not enough. Often i suffer under cold water running from the shower.

So guys, get JOVEN!!!!

moreover, the heated water stays alot longer and heated in the storage, even after u switch off the heater for quite long time!!!

Adabelle_T

I prefer Ariston to Joven - used both before and i think Ariston is def more energy saving!!! They have a very good inner tank which helps control the temp so as to save more energy. And warranty for that Inner Tank is 5 years - not bad!

sj1992

I just changed to Ariston few months ago and it is actually very water and energy saving! When I bought this the sales person told me about the constant temperature feature in it that helps to save water and electricity. Pretty impressed with it. :rolleyes::D

Attachments

• IMG_8781.JPG
    IMG_8781.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 7

Lobang King

I just changed to Ariston few months ago and it is actually very water and energy saving! When I bought this the sales person told me about the constant temperature feature in it that helps to save water and electricity. Pretty impressed with it. :rolleyes::D
How much you bought it??