Anyone else learning driving?

smileguy

natty

Thanks..anyway i pass le..jus check if the price has increase//i use to learn from pte ..my instructor is call mr ng... which is 33 per 1.5hr but then switch to school..

roomfulofstars

sylvaz - I passed on 3rd attempt. Actually from personal and other people's experience, a huge part really depends on which tester you get. Skill, technique and attitude are absolutely compulsory factors, together with being calm, confident, yet humble. But ultimately, the tester makes a big difference. I guess I'm trying to say, luck plays an important role too.

Seems like you need more practice. You have to psycho yourself into being confident and good too. Mind over matter. Strict instructors are okay lah. For me, I 'eat soft don't need hard' heheh, so I cannot tahan instructors who scold and yell. I respond better to instructors who are calm and more 'coach'-like, able to inspire you and explain clearly. But some people respond better to the scolding type. Heheh. One man's meat is another man's poison, I suppose.

It's understandable to be kan cheong. But try not to let it overwhelm you. Focus on your driving and stay calm!

Good luck and hope you pass. Receiving that official driving license in the mail was really an incredible feeling! Hope it happens for you too.
happy.gif

orientalfrost

smileguy> no prob..
happy.gif
i haven passed mine yet.. sobzzz

femme> haha.. i get gan cheong when de instructor starts scolding me.. otherwise i'm fine on de road.. and de funny thing is i drive better in de day than at night...hahaha

alcifertoh

It's good if instructor scolds ya. At least he is correcting your mistake than those who just keep quiet or bo chup. Also good experience driving during peak hour so you will be trained not be gan jiong when there are many cars around and cutting into your lane.

My instructor used to keep talking to me for the duration and he expects me to join in the conversation. It's beneficial to me as he mastered me to be more focused while driving haha
happy.gif

orientalfrost

haha.. it's gd that he points it out.. but i wld prefer it to be in de conversational manner... he does converse wif me sometimes though.. haha..

smileguy

i agree wif HBH to try drive during peak hr...and 1 more to add is also during raining day..this are the most scary time to drive..wuhaha..

natty last time i also tend 2 kan cheong when instructor scold me haha...

roomfulofstars

Different approaches work on different people ba. My previous instructor didn't just scold. He actually yelled. All the time. Firing him and finding my instructor was the best thing I ever did for my driving. Heheh.

orientalfrost

haha.. my test still v long lehh... i'm still far in my lessons.. LOL!! i hope to book one by march...
happy.gif

oh yah ppl.. just to let u all know, if u need to do coffee table album i can help u to do or whatever other design stuff... i'm a freelance designer
happy.gif
have done quite a few for another company
happy.gif
if interested can just email me at [email protected] :D

smileguy

lynette
are u a sch student or u self study for the basic theory? Basic theory shouldn be difficult but can say quest is tricky ba..

natty
so are u able to book the test now?i think pte booking test take abt 3 to 4 mths lo..sch student abt 2mth

lynette_ling

I do self study for the basic theory. Do you encourage to take lessons, i heard the test is tricky. A friend took 3 times in order to pass, so i am puzzled. Looking at the booklet, it seem easy but i keep my fingers crossed.

smileguy

lynette u can try try self study 1st if u wan...its easy from booklet..haha but tricky lo.. but lesson from sch they have sort of like 10 years series type...got ans n ques.. very very similar to test .sch student have a fast test date..pte must wait..some pte student take 1 time past also..haha depend on luck also la..

orientalfrost

lynette, i wld suppose u're a private student jus like me. :D i passed de basic theory on 2nd attempt. Maybe you can try to book at least 2 etrials at the driving centre before your theory test date. 1 shld be de day before. ten bucks per etrial. yeap..

my fh made me do that for my final theory cuz i already failed final theory 5 times. LOL!! finally passed on the 6th attempt.

sylvaz

hmm seems like alot of ppl pass only on their 3rd attempt. those passed at 1st or 2nd attempt must be either drive illegally before, or they're natural-borned drivers. hopefully can pass my practical before ssdc moves to woodlands on april X__X

sylvaz

femme, so how you felt when you failed on your 1st attempt? must be so sian right! so disheartening.. i remember failing my final theory twice and already felt so upset about it.. can't imagine failing practical.. impact would be stronger
sad.gif

orientalfrost

haha.. i'm not a born driver leh.. LOL!!1 i failed final theory 5 times..hahahaha

im actually having thoughts of switching to school for practical...

andee

omg! i don't know why i'm feeling so excited after reading this..
happy.gif

anw, i got my FTT abt 6 months ago? and i haven't started on my practical lessons! my bf totally gave up on trying to get my lazy bum started on learning so, new year is coming and i determined to finish it asap!

hmmm... so.. i'm kinda looking towards Auto learning (bitterly convinced by my bf tt it is faster and easier)... however, i'm still a student so kinda need to find a reasonably priced tutor who is good. (not necessarily cheap because Sometimes quality and price do link right?
happy.gif
)

given the rough thread market rate, what should be a reasonable price for a reasonably good tutor? Btw, i live around thomson and sch's at clementi so super duper willing to travel within radius!!!

so, on that note, any good tutors to recommend?
happy.gif

sorry for the super long hyper post! :D

orientalfrost

andee, if u haf cash to spare, maybe u can try schools.. since u're living in thompson, maybe u can go for SSDC or BBDC.. cuz schs let u pass faster...
happy.gif

simpledi

Hello. I'm taking my FTT in a few days time.

If I pass (*cross fingers*), I'm planning to take my practical lessons already.

But I do not know of any instructors.

Any recommendations?

simpledi

Smileguy,

Haha. Not on the 7th but on the 15th Jan.
I'm taking private. Excited plus nervous plus many other feelings. Haha.

simpledi

Hehe. Thank you smileguy.
I wonder if I can pull through cos it's the last few weeks of school, and it's very hectic.
Why you switch to school ah?

smileguy

haha my pte instructor bring me go shell station pump oil..read newpaper ,talk on phone like wasting my time & $....haha ..tat y i switch to sch lo...faster test date also la,

simpledi

Ouh. Got difference ah? How come my brother failed to mention the part about a later test date to me? Haha.

Hmm. If like that, I think I better choose a reliable pte instructor.

(";)

simpledi

goooooood instructor? Haha.

Maybe after my school semester ends, then I'll start looking for one. Hehe.

Or I'll end up taking the ones my cousin took. But my cousin said that the instructor is fierce. But till now, I've yet to find someone who is fiercer than my father. Haha.

So yah lor. I think that driving instructor should be ok ah. Haha.

Buuuttttt, main thing must pass FTT first ah. Haha.

smileguy

haha my dad is also fierce...i often kana scold if he teach me too

so ur cousin comment anything abt the instructor? jus fierce nia?

ya must pass FTT lo..but can learn abit abit of pratical while studying for FTT lo..until pass FTT then consistent learn practical lo...my frd learning practical now lo..pass the FTT jus las mth dec..

simpledi

Ouh. But now I don't know where to fit in my practical into my school schedule. Haha. Left 5 more weeks only. Hee.

My father ah, my brother also everytime scold him when he just got his licence. Thsn, I think mine, confirm get scolding one ah.

And yup, my cousin just said that his instructor was fierce, that's all.

I think I can handle "fierce". haha.