Any Good Driving Instructor - For refreshing course

dutchess

hi daphne

i must say he is a really good instructor, very patient and effective in his insruction. i always look forward to every lesson. my test is in August, really really a long time away. i hope i will be part of Albert's good record of passing on the first try! Thanks for your wishes!

daphne

Albert is looking for Wendy. He copied down Wendy's wrong contact number so Wendy please give Albert a call. Thanks.

joline

Hi, thinking of getting Albert as my instructor too after reading all your praises about him here! He sounds like great instructor.
Daphne, can i still reach Albert at 96695522? Else, can mail me his contact? my email [email protected] Thx

dutchess

hi Daphne,

hey you are still in touch with albert even after passing your driving?? wah, pei fu pei fu! haven't spoken to him since i passed. my test date was pushed forward from august to may and was so glad to make it on the first try!!

daphne

Hi Joline
you can get Albert on that hp no.

Hi dutchess
Congrats on first try! How many points did you score? Yup, me still in contact with him occasionally. Am inviting him to my wedding.

dutchess

hi daphne

i had 14 points for 2 silly mistakes. but just glad that i managed to ace it finally. seems like Albert has a pretty good record for his students. what about you?? how many points did you get?

hazel79

Can i check with u ladies if ur driving instructor keeps ur PDL with him and doesn't return to u?My current one doesn't wan to return to me leh.
sad.gif

chandy

Any feedback about learning driving from school? I am planning to go to the Yio Chu Kang one as it's nearer to my office.

daphne

Hi dutchess

I've got 16 points! At first I've cleared all the obstacles in the circuit with zero points but when I finished my last round of parellel parking and was turning out, I thought the front car (also having test) is waiting to turn right out. Who knows she reverse! so I horn lor, the tester very angry with me and ask me to turn out by the left which I then turn at the bend and the tester yell at me saying I can't turn at the band. Other then that the outside road cleared perfectly. So if not for the front car, I would have been zero points....sigh....

Hi Hazel
yup, my instructor also kept my PDL. Maybe they are scared you might change instructor halfway;)

Hi Chandy
sorry, can't help you. There are few private instructors at Yio Chu Kang.

dutchess

hi daphne

wah, you mean you cannot even horn?? so scary! must be very stressful having the tester yell at you
uhoh.gif
well, at least you passed in the end!
proud.gif
my tester said i never slow down when approaching traffic lights adn also i made a u-turn when the green arrow was flashing. thought i had more than enough time to u-turn (which i had) but apparently we are supposed to stop and not even try turning when the arrow is flashing. so how's driving on the road now?? you driving your FH's mazda right?

hi Hazel,

yep, same as daphne, my instructor also keep my pdl. that's because everytime he needs to book the circuit for you he will need to show it. so it will probably be inconvenient to keep passing the PDL back and forth and he might not be flexible in booking the circuit anytime he wants since it's first come first served.

hazel79

I tink my instructor scare i might change instructor..haha..
But anyway, i hv decided to put my driving test on hold until next yr...maybe i will change to Daphne's instructor.
happy.gif

butter

Hi girls

Have read through all the message and shortlisted Mr Ng and Mr Yeoh for west side. Can I have some feedback on both of them? anyone started lesson with them?

Usually how long is per lesson? 1.5 hours? If I want to start learning driving means I will have to apply the pdl as well? Usually how many lessons before we can take the test? I have pass my basic theory only and failed my advance thoery on the first attempt. Can I still take the practical lesson?

Sorry for my long winded questions.
happy.gif

hazel79

Butter,
u still can go for the pratical lesson even though u did not pass ur advanced theory. However, before u can get ur licence, u must pass ur advanced theory.

As for how long is per lesson..most of the time will be 1.5 or 2 hrs, dependin on the instructor.

kare2711

Hi Eveeve

Just read the messages. If you want an instructor in the west, my driving instructor is with BBDC. He's really good. Quite like Albert the group talked about. Always 'say me this and that' but hardly scolded me fiercely.

Also, on my test day, he actually was with me until I went into the room. Very encouraging and supportive. And his record is good too, from what I heard. Lots of first time passes. From what I know, there are those who actually failed several times with other instructors and are with him now. I was very happy with him. Even my fiance who sometimes drove me for driving lessons had nothing but praises for him. I passed on my first attempt too.

If you're interested, email me and I'll give you his contacts.

chandy

Looking for Linda, Cyndi's sis in law.....I am interested to learn driving from Philip. How much did he charge you that time? Did you pass on first attempt? He picked you up from Braddell MRT, also means he drops you off at Braddell? So does it mean we learners will only drive around Braddell area?

Thanks.

linda

Hi Chandy,

WHO ARE YOU???!!!
bounce.gif

hahahahahah....If you know how to spell CYNDI, then you must be someone close.

Well, Philip charges I cannot remember...but I know it is 1 and half hour each time... Either $24 per hour or something like that.

He will either pick up at Braddell MRT or UBI test centre. Drop off will also depend on whether he has a learner immediately after you. If not, what Cyndi does was to tell him beforehand that she wants to be dropoff at Braddell and they will leave whenever they are for Braddell 15 mins earlier....So you only "lugi" that 15 mins lor...

Driving is island wide....ahahahha...not really WHOLE singapore lah...but not restricted to Ubi or Braddell only...he takes us to other roads, sometimes to see a good food stall, sometimes to return videos...All these are good cos it is actual road training....with normal road conditions...Ubi does not have a lot of vehicles during normal time.... Braddell too small to do anything in....

Have fun! It was VERY fun to learn driving from Philip.... Btw, tell me who you are okie?

chandy

haha ahhahakekee, Linda, do not be alarmed...I know Cyndi spelling from the very beginning of this thread lor. I am about to choose an instructor you see, so I diligently copied down your postings, so I can find you here mah!!

Should I wait till I get results for Final Theory then call Philip?

Hey, asked you earlier, but you didn't reply. Did you pass your Traffic Police Test on first attempt?

linda

hhahah...U so hardworking ah? for a moment, you scared me!
happy.gif

Yah, once i pass, I went to get PDL then call philip.

I took 3 times to get my license.... Normally first time girls they will not pass you. My second time was a utter failure...the tester SUCKS big time.....I think I better than him!
angry.gif

So mad that I cried when I walk out. Philip treated me to coffee after that...hahahahah...guess he so used to female learners crying.....

learner

HI all,

For me I'm with Comfort Driving Ctr. All the instructors I've had are very good. They never scold you for your mistakes but will remind u to watch out for certain things so that u won't do it again.

Plus, I can always practise in the circuit so very familiar there. Very structured too. For every lesson, they'll teach specific things.

The only minus point is that it's more expensive.

D

driver

Anyone can recommend a gd instructor from comfort driving ctr? Planning to fix an instructor so must get the best.

G

guohao

You can try this lady instructor who teaches only at Comfort. Her method of instruction makes her the instructor with the highest passing rate in comfort driving center. No joke, u can check it at www.e-citizen.gov.sg. Good for ladies who thinks that lady instructor is safer

She charges $24/hr and only teaches in 2 hour slots. My gf, her bro and I took it all first time and passed.

Can contact her at 96871738, Joyce

anna

hi folks,

you can try my instructor whom i've passed. i was receommanded by my friend. herself, 2 brothers, sis-in-law all go through him,his name is vincent at 97487868, his charging at only $22 per hour. min 2 hours cos u can't really learn much for an hour.

do not want to write much here.. but if you wanna know more abt him do drop me an email at [email protected]

Most willing to assist those who are really keen iin driving. Thanks

cheval

hi guohao,

does Joyce speak English & chinese, cos me got problem with my previous instructor, he speak dialets and little chinese I don't understand, just want to make sure.

how old is she, and which model of car she is using. sorry so many qns.

thank you.

cheval

taurus

hi, i hv just passed my final theory test. Anyone have any good private driving instructor to recommend?

Thanks!!!!

meowt

Hi all,

Why not enroll in the driving centre? Although it may seem cheap to learn from private driving instructor, it only applies when you pass at first attempt.

If you need to retake the test, it takes months for your retest date. Time is also $$$$.

Well, I enrolled at Comfort Driving Centre and passed at first attempt. It costs me $2800. I took < 6 months starting from taking basic theory test till practical test which included abt 2 months practical test waiting time.

Most private driving instructor like to eat snake ie. don't clock in actual time and will drop here &amp; there to run his own errands. Beware hoh!

sunrays

I dun knw any instructors frm SSDC but I find my private instructor really patient. I heard frm my other friends that some instructors are really fierce &amp; 'eats' into your time by idling &amp; chit chatting, having cigarette breaks,coffee breaks,etc. My instructor is soft spoken &amp; really patient...cos I'm quite a slow learner but he never flares up at me!!

But what meowt said is true...if u apply for a retest date,private students hav to wait 3mths(!) whereas driving centre students get priority. But then again, it's much more expensive to take package frm driving centre.

If anyone is interested, I can give u his contact. His charges not cheap though...$36 for 1.5hrs..but for me nothing is as bad as having a impatient instructor!! My test is nxt week..Pls wish me luck!
lame.gif

mint

Hi taurus,
It depends on where you are going to take your driving test. If it's the east side, I can recommend you my instructor. He only teaches at Comfort driving centre.

tweety_bird

Hi all,

I dun think taking lessons from the driving ctrs r that expensive. I passed mine during my 1st attempt n i spent abt $1500.

Lessons r very structured too. I thoroughly enjoyed my every lesson.

jnsleepy

Hi Linda,
Philip quoted 10 hours for $300. Quite exp. Is this the standard rate for refresher course???

Can't take lesser than 10 hrs. Any other recommendations?

taurus

hi sunrays, can you give me the contact no. for your pte instructor? i just got my PDL and am currently looking for a pte instructor. Is your instructor fiece? cos i am a slow learner..

hi mint, can you give me the contact no. for your pte instructor as well?

Many thanks!!!

jol

Hi, I got my instructor thru recommendation from here actually (from earlier postings)... and must say that it's a right choice!
happy.gif

Instructor is Albert, no. 9669 5522; teaches in Comfort driving centre. Rate: $22/hr (for SB customers) Usually 1.5hr per lesson=> that makes $33/lesson. His students' passing rates are consistent &amp; impressive... about 50% pass on first attempt &amp; majority of the rest pass on 2nd...

I got driving lic liao! Wish all learners get yours real fast too!! Best of luck!!

taurus

hi jo, wat do you mean by $22/hr for SB customers only? the SB you referring to is Spore Brides, is it? we must tell him that is from SB then can get this rate, is it?

Is this pte instructor, Albert, a patient one? cos I am a slow-learner leh. Is he fierce?

You hv how many attempt before getting the license? 1st or 2nd attempt?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.

Cheers....

jol

Yup taurus! that's a special rate for Spore brides students... Albert is not fierce, will not scold but knows how to 'suan' you!! Eg when i try to start off in 2nd gear, he would say "huh, how you drive off in this gear??" Me also very slow learner, so need not worry ;)

Only got my license in my 2nd attempt *sigh* Hope that did not pull down his rating!! *grin*

sweetmoments

hi,

i called vincent up yesterday and he told me he teaches in ubi and so he recommanded another instructor to me, his name is tay bin hong... how is he? any one had him before?

pink_tulip

Hi!

Any good instructors for refresher course to recommend? I have read about Philip and Albert in the above postings. Are they good? Any other recommendations?

I have a driving license. But I have not driven since I got it 8 years ago!!! That's a long time and I have NO CONFIDENCE to attempt driving now. I also need to re-learn some of the skills. So I am thinking of taking up a refresher course. Would any instructors want to teach someone who is so GREEN? I'm looking for a patient, not-so-chatty, encouraging and affordable one. Preferable in the north area. Pls help. Thanks!

flyn

Hi,

Called up Albert but he oni teaches in East so he recommend another friend called "Albert" too. Waiting for his call now for his rate. Anyone wants know the other "Albert"? Wondering is he good or not?

Juz page for Mr Ng. Am waiting for Mr Ng's call too.

Besides the 2 popular instructors, is there anyone to recommend again? I'm living in the West.

yamiyogurt

hi pink

my instructor charges 21 on weekday and 22 on weekend per hour. but guess he not suitable for u since he teaches in the east... :p just fyi

tora

Hi pink

I have this driving instructor 2 years ago .
He fetch students at Yio Chu kang MRT .
Not sure about his charges now ! Oh and not sure how is his teaching now..
If you interested , you can call him.
If not wrong , his name is John. Tel: 96791126

tora

Hi pink,

hmmm...not sure how he teaches refresher course.
Last time I learn driving from him .
I manange to pass from 1st attempt.Think about $1000 or less .
I met him at Yio chu Kang Mrt then I will drive all the way to Ubi,drive around there and back from Ubi to YCK MRT.
Sometimes he will stop at one place to tell you some of the notes from his theory file !
Overall quite nice to learn from him .