Any Good Driving Instructor - For refreshing course

gcky

Hi guys...
jz want to know..Been learning from Mr Yeoh..for almost 6th lesson liao..but everytime i ask him when is he gona book for me the test date..but he say he will only book only when i know hw to drive. HUH!!! ..any advice?? esp from guys out there who learn fr Mr yeoh. thks thks

gcky

Hi guys...
jz want to know..Any guys out there..learn from Mr Yeoh? Im learning from him..but 6th lesson liao..still dun book test date for me ler. can advice??

mashan

Looking kare2711,

Can u give me ur instructor contacts? tks..

i haf passed my final theory & am tinkin of starting 2 take driving lessons soon..any recommendations? anyone? i'm living in the west..so ll take the test at BBDC...

swirl

Hi! I've attended one lesson from this instructor from SSDC now. But I'm not sure if his is the right practise. He uses a pole to press down my left foot when it's on e clutch. It's not very painful but it feels odd that he uses such technique to teach clutch.. Is this normal?

Also, he charges enrolment fee of $30 too and wants me to pay in advance of the next lesson.. Is this a norm too?

Thinking of changing so would really appreciate any recommendation for instructor at SSDC.. =)

zack

hi masita, you interested in taking up private tutor instead of driving centre lessons? more flexible with timing. if so, let me know. cos i think my instructor is not bad. very patient...

panggou

hi all, not sure if this thread is still active, we are looking for driving instructor in Hougang/Ubi area. do you all have any recommendation?

thanks!

popeye

hi people

i'm oso looking for a good private dirving instructor for auto car? Seems dat all the recommended instructor above are all still conducting manual lessons. Anyone can recommend for the east side? Thanks!

tobebride3

wondering whether this thread is still active...
yes popeye
u might wan to call this number 63821582. i believe there is private driving instructor for auto car.. my instructor teaches manual, so can't intro to you. sorry.

but why auto for you?

tidyfairy

Hi all
am looking for an english speaking driving instructor on Auto car. preferably at Yio Chu Kang MRT. please recommend!!
thanks

adelinekhoo

Hellow,
happy.gif
happy.gif

Dont know if this thread is still active..

I'm looking for driving instructor for manual. Any good instructors? Well, i'm working in Ayer Rajah but still in the east. So dun who which side is better to learn.. sighh..

Any advice of private or school is better other than the cost.

irenep

Hi,

I'm looking for driving instructor for manual. Any good instructor to recommend ? I'm working near Outram & staying at Tiong Bahru.

Thanks !!

just_a_ger

hi all,

I just dropped out from bbdc after stage 1 and is currently looking for a manual car instructor who teachs at bukit batok. Most importantly, he/she should be using Honda cars (the kind that I used in school). Any contact, please update. Many thanks.

qin17

how come you drop out? I also wanting to look for private instructor at west area.. Any recommendation?

berry_tay

Hi all, I got a very good and patience driving instructor, he own manual as well as auto. I have passed my driving 1 year back, but due to long time not driving. I picked up a refreshing lesson from this instructor Mr Ng, he is really good whereby I have confidence in driving again. His contact is 96958989 Mr Ng or email me if you have queries [email protected]

berry_tay

sorry dingdong,

lately busy with work so din login to read, well I pay 42 for 1 and a half hours, really worth it, as I did twice learning from him

mandy99

hi hi

i am currently learning from my pte instructor (manual car) in bukit batok.. find him very good and patient..
keke... maybe of interest to some of u...
happy.gif

Mr Seow 01110909

rubypcm

Halo,
I have attended 8 manual lessons last year and stop as I dun find myself progressing.. dun really understand what the instructor meant when parking the car.. ai.. and everytime, I m too slow when changing gear also…
Anyone got comment for learning auto? Does that mean I can’t drive a van because it only comes in manual? What’s the average rates for learning auto? Thks :p

dolphin48

anyone got contact for auto driving instructors? i just want to do a refresher course cos i haven't drove since i passed 2 years back....

berry_tay

hi daphne,

you can look for mr ng at 96958989, good and patience instructor.

I learn my driving and refreshing course from him too.

cheers

harrods

Hi Taytbh,

my instructor is also mr ng. Where did you learn from him?
happy.gif

Agree that he is a very patient instructor.

Regards.

service_since99

hi there i am new here, was wondering how much will it be to learn driving auto car? how long will it takes to complete?? i lost my pdl so where should i report? i live in tiong bahru and work in changi. is there any instructor can intro?

winterbloom

Mandy, Berry,

does your instructor teaches for students taking test at SSDC/BBDC? Cos Ubi is too far for me.

Can I have their full name please. Thanks!

moment91

Hi

Thanks to this thread, i found my current driving instructor. he is very nice and patience, always looking forward to his lesson........
happy.gif

moment91

Hi Jo,

Not sure if you still read this thread but I would like to thank you for your recommendation on Albert. I am currently taking the lessons with him and indeed, he is very patience .... thank you
happy.gif

paris13

Hi hi...

Hope someone can help me. I'm looking for a private driving instructor for either auto or manual car. I'm staying in ang mo kio. Anyone to recommend? Hope to get a patient and experienced one cos I think i'll be a slow learner...

paris13

Hi hi...

Hope someone can help me. I'm looking for a private driving instructor for either auto or manual car in the north area (amk, yio chu kang). Hope to get someone who's patient and experienced cos i'm quite a slow learnerr. Anyone to recommend? Thanks!

moment91

Hi Paris13,

I am currently taking my lesson in Ubi (i stayed in sengkang). But my instructor is super good temper. I am not a fast learner either but Albert (my instructor) will always guide me. He is a soft spoken man....
happy.gif
Do you want his contact? His rate is currently $33 (1 1/2hours - manual) becoz I told him I was recommended by in the SB forum.
I am taking my practical test in July 28, but he didnt force me to take up more lesson. When I am not lazy, I will take 2 lesson per week if not it's always once per week. He is not like other instructor, would "force" me to take up at least 3 lessons per week....
By the way, why you choose Ang Mo Kio? From Ang Mo Kio to Ubi is very fast (lesser than 30 mins). I work in Sembawang, always take a train and bus to Ubi when I have driving lesson......
In fact, I always look forward to his lesson. I used to have pobia in driving.... when he mentioned to me that I need to drive home... (becoz I am the last student and he happen to stay in sengkang too...) I almost fainted but after 2 times of "try and error" I managed to overcome all these...
happy.gif

paris13

Hi Adel,

Thanks for your reply! I'm staying in AMK so thot is more convenient to get an instructor around here... Does your instructor Albert teach auto car as well? I'm contemplating between taking auto or manual. I heard that auto is much easier to learn... is that true? But others told me that learn the manual way is better... So i'm also a bit confused now.

bluegal

Hi
I also found my instructor through this forum. Had my first lesson days ago. Thanks to berry tay for recommending Mr Ng. He is indeed a very good, patience and encouraging instructor.

moment91

Hi Paris13,

At first I also wants to take Auto becoz easier to mah but I was wrong. Once I started in Manual, I began to love Manual. Actually, more to each person preferences. Anyway, Manual is more flexible becoz u are not bound to only buy Auto cars.
I was very gutless at first and kept telling my hubby why he insist I learn Manual. Now than I realise that Manual is actually quite fun becoz the pick up is faster. Hehe!
My instructor Albert teaches Manual but he do have friends who teach Auto (in Ubi too). Albert number is also in this thread.

Hi Bluegal,
The Mr Ng that you learnt from, is he quite old? Like 50 plus? He might be my husband ex-instructor....
happy.gif

paris13

Hi Adel,

Juz to double check, Albert's no is 9669 5522 rite? I copied it down from the archive thread. I'll call both Albert & Mr Ng to check out their rates
happy.gif

moment91

Yeap yeap that's his number, u tell him its adeline recommemnded u........ that 1 who stayed in sengkang, he have 3 to 4 adeline in his current list.

paris13

Hi Adel,

Yes I called both albert n mr ng. Both sounded very nice over the phone n their rates are the same - $22/hr for weekdays n weekends. N both teaches at Ubi. Difference is for albert i wud need to go down to the driving centre for my lessons (is that's the same for you too?) but for mr ng is meet at eunos or payer lebar mrt station and he teaches both auto and manual. Going down to ubi is a bit far for me leh cos i'm actually staying very near to SSDC at yio chu kang. A bit silly if i go all the way down to ubi when there's one driving centre so near me. Then again i dunno any gd instructor over at my area n i dun want to take up a course at SSDC cos very ex n i dunno whether their instructoers are gd or not. Sigh...

My frens and bf say i shud take up auto cos its definitely much easier n manual is like 'zhi4 tao2 ku3 chi1'. So am in dilemma now
sad.gif
Me very troublesome hor :p

moment91

What do you think? Do you think you will be able to manage with Manual? If yes, than y not but if you perfer Auto, than you should take up Auto.

Dunt fed up gal, hang in there. Just think, what do you want?
happy.gif

tao_baby

Hi all,

i am planning to learn auto....
Anyone has any recommendation for ssdc private instructor teaching auto?
Heard there are only 2 instructors teaching auto at ssdc (pte)...is it true?

One is called Mr Tan. Anyone learnt from him?

Thanks alot!

bluegal

Hi Paris,
We meet up at Eunos MRT and he'll drive me to Kallang stadium car park for lesson. I lean manual car from him.

Hi Adel,
Yeap guess his age is around late 40s or early 50s. But he did mention to me that he start teaching driving around 1977. He already had 29 years of experience.