Any good bridal shops?

mehmeh_lim

Hi YY,

Oh i know which pix u think look fierce.. Wanted to re-enact tt kind of theme like in Old Shanghai? Heehee.. I also didn't know whether to smile anot.. I also like the ID pix where the rose petals are showered

Hi Princess Lee,

U've got mail..

cutiepooh

thamks mehmeh!
kao_happy.gif

wyy

Hi Cuite,
Tink Mehmeh has given you the ans.

mehmeh...

Yeah, your last photo really nice. Really nice...I felt the LOVE by just looking at the pic.

I am now thinking where to take photo...my church is a sure, guess location 1 will be Fort Canning....BTW my FH & I are very bored ppl...we just go for norm location....for Sentosa etc maybe our "health" cannot take it...too stressful...heehee...

mehmeh_lim

Hi Princess Lee

The CS was done by a seamstress. My material cost me $15 (polyester Shangtung silk) & the workmanship inc of lining tt's provided is $100. Very worth the money.. She also gave me some allowance to alter in future, in the event I put on some weight.. heehee

Thanks for the compliments
happy.gif

Hi YY,

You felt the love ah? Hahah, I think we too when doing tt shot! It's really romantic eh? I think it was the 1st for the photographer of tt BS..

YY, u prefer building or nature shots? I can recommend too! hahah.. I love to dish out advice, esp since I can't exhaust all my ideas in my wedding, can shareshare with other BTBs too.. Then u can be less stressed too!

wyy

hi mehmeh

i prefer natural w/o much sun cos my eyes cannot take bright light and i hate to persprie....heehee....

where did you go for the photo-taking ...mean the first few photo location? Tink is quite nice...

maybe you can advise both (mean natural & building) so I can go see see look look then decide lor

mehmeh_lim

Hi YY,

My locations are as stated on the 1st thread at the top of the page, dated 1 Aug at 4.22pm.

Hmm, the 1st few are at Botanical Gardens. Within tt location, I went to 3 sublocations: Bandstand, Ginger Garden & Gazebo by the Swan lake..

I think by the time you finish your ID shoot, it wld be abt 3 - 4pm, so the sun shdn't be too harsh on your eyes? U might want to head to building locations in this case?

If u check out Gooobergrape's links, u wld see she went Supreme Court & some unique locations in Sentosa. I think Changi is beautiful too, esp with the boardwalk, it's really romantic in the evenings. Surprisingly it has a beautiful sunset view..
I've also seen a great shot beneath the roads along Esplanade.

What I suggest u can do is to surf local photographer's websites & get some ideas fr them? I did just tt, like going thru a buffet & picking according to my preferences

Ethnic looking buildings: Temples, Shophouses
Colonial buildings: VCH, Museums, Supreme Court, Fullerton
Modern buildings: Millenia Walk?

Natural: Lallang, Boardwalk, Beach, Marina South, Pulau Ubin?

cutiepooh

Hi mehmeh

I realised that u've got different outfit for ur outdoor shots. Did u take all the outdoor shoots on the same day? or u brought ur outfit to change for different location?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Cutie

I def took all my OD shots on the same day.. Brought along the outfits to the different locations. Yvonne Creative had an assistant to help me with the gowns & accessories. Quite impt, if not u wld feel rather clumsy when trying not to dirty the gown as you change out..

At most locations, I had at most 1 other outfit with the assistant, the remaining were in the vehicle..

cutiepooh

oic mehmeh....coz most of the wedding pix i see, the bride only has 1 out door gown or at most 1 more causal outfit of their own.

Worse I ever see 1 BS actually move around with the couples taking pictures on foot i.e. the bride and gown got to carry their stuff around...dun have a car to put their stuff.

thanks mehmeh alot!
smile.gif

Butterflies & Princess_lee:
Have u gers got ur lovenest?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Cutie,

I think why for most OD pix the couple wld wear only 1-2 outfits is prob due to the fact tt they did do other outfits during the ID PS? Also it seems rather cumbersome & trying to change when in OD locations, so gotta select the OD locations wisely.

My 1st stop was the museum, so the toilet was superbly clean for me to change out of my WG into the purple CS for PS be taken at a nearby location which is indoors. Again tt location was very clean to change into my fusion-gold CS. The only tricky location was at Botanical gardens. I used the toilet meant for the handicap to change into my OD WG.. heehee, afterwhich the last stop was The Scarlet Hotel, tt was easy.. Coz I booked a room, so I changed in the loo.. hahah

I love my WG alot.. If I cld wear it to many locations w/o the fear of damaging it, i sure wld!

have u gotten a BS oredi? If u haven't maybe u can ask if they provide the service of an assistant for the PS & make sure they write on the invoice. My sis used EB & sure had to DIY alot.. What kind of poor service man..

cutiepooh

Nope mehmeh I've not visited BS yet...at the meantime I'm brainstorming some of things I would need b4 heading down to bargain.

Tt's y I'm asking u quite a few Qs...thks for ur replies....U r a fantastic bride! My warmest wishes go out to u for ur coming AD!
kao_wedding.gif

Hope to cya around even after ur AD to help us up
kao_happy.gif

carelinwen

Dear mehmeh,

can I see your photos?

which museum did you go too that had clean toilets? Did you have to pay to use there? I am cracking my head to find some place clean in case I have to go while OD or if I want to change gown. My PS is in mid sept and have not finalise where to go yet... Thanks!

[email protected]

mehmeh_lim

Hi Faridah & Carelinwen,

U've got mail..

Carelinwen: Great to meet u in this thread too! Thru the sis-in-Chirst thread, i never sent u the link to my pix? Maybe u came in later, so i sent to the earlier ones..

I went Asian Civilisation Museum. Actually all museums have clean toilets, unless u meet with a school group? No charges incurred, just gotta write in for permission. Don't get too worried abt the changing, esp since ur BS is Silhouette, even if it's dirty, they wld provide the dry cleaning for you yah?

U can consider ur banquet venue, Hyatt, if it has great ambience. Do shots with u & ur FH at the lounge, Grand piano, curved long stairs.. I love those mood shots!

carelinwen

Hi mehmeh,

Thanks for sharing! Yeah me was too late there. Hey I initially was considering to book a room in scarlet hotel too. But later decided not to spend the extra money...hee hee broke lah.

Nice pics, your short gowns and mood shots make your photos diff from those usual greenery and beach shots!

mehmeh_lim

Harlow dear,

Glad u liked them! Thanks for the compliments too!! heehee

I have rather sensitive skin so those beach & greenery shots would be out of the question. For fear i get itchy & fed-up, my FH & photographer wld kena fr me! hahah, no lah.. I can control myself here..

If i cld choose a more nature-based location, wld have headed to Changi Boardwalk & this location in Sentosa (not the tree, bench, swing or Siloso beach). U know the now defunct Asian Village? A lovely place tt's really quiet..

Those short gowns are tailored by a seamstress, not fr Yvonne Creative. One was made for this year's CNY & another is my tea dress. Wanted sthg out of the norm!

So what are ur shortlisted locations?

carelinwen

mehmeh,
my PS photographer just drove me and FH to changi boardwalk for a recce trip last sat. may decide to go there during sunset. I told him about the asian village and he said he will go there recce by himself. but will only choose to go either of these 2 places, the rest will be old churches and colonial buildings. may go labrador if there is time as it is on the way to either sentosa or to the ECP(changi).

I agree that the swing, beach and tree pics of sentosa are so so common.

mehmeh_lim

heyhey Carelinwen,

Which photographer who's tied up with Silhouette did u engage? I think the service is so wonderful tt he wld go check out ur choices. Asian Village is very beautiful.. Love the bamboo plants setting against the cool grey brick walls.

Seems like u pretty much like buildings too.. Think St Theresa's, SAM, VCH & Cityhall's Supreme Court shd be what you're looking for. Check out Chris Ling's website to see what I mean.

What part of Labrador u intend to go to? I wld say if it's the beach setting, Changi Boardwalk shd suffice..

carelinwen

mehmeh,
I am using an commercial photog Andy Loh who used to be under Wizards of Light. He is now doing his own but still using WoL's premises. He's very nice, even picked us up at doorstep and sent me back... I chose him cos his indoor studio shots are good as the facilities and equipment are of commerical photography standard.

Ya, am going Fullerton and Victoria, I'm skipping St Teresa cos my HM is there mah, can take during AD. No not going Labrador beach, the greenery area.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Carelinwen,

OIC, sounds like it's a gd deal & u must have an eye for photography! I'm not into equipment so long the end-product meets my expectations.. heehee

VCH is beautiful, love the colonial look with its gates & beautiful cornices etc. I'm not the most familiar with Labrador, but i do rem seeing some pix where there's some greenery.

Changi's greenery not as great, i think...

mehmeh_lim

harlow geberra

it's okie.. just helping out here..

oh yes, i rem u were searchign for a BS sometime back & was considering YC. so how's the search getting on?

Hi girls,

Sorry, very busy recently, but no matter how busy, i cannot forget our lovely anxious mehmeh rite ??

Hi mehmeh

Deng Deng Deng Deng !
Deng Deng Deng Deng !
May u have a super nice & sweet wedding !!
kao_wedding.gif

mehmeh_lim

hihi Butterflies!

Received ur lovely mail! thanks for remembering! Hope to keep in touch after my AD & render help if you still need

hi mehmeh,

I tink u better rest well, its sooooo near already, dun visit forum until ur AD over, else may look tired wif sleepy eyes leh.
Keep the best look on the AD ok !! hehe
kao_wedding.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi butterflies,

I love this SB forum.. So informative & made many gd frens thru the various threads. It's also rather heartening to have many ppl rem my AD & congratulating me.. Dun worry, getting enough sleep these few days coz I'm taking leave tm, today's a sch holiday for me.. Can catch up on some beauty sleep here.. hahah

Thanksthanks!
kao_kiss.gif

mehmeh_lim

hihi Butterflies,

I'm back.. No baby making within next 2 years! Now taking a gd break becoz of sch hols & then back to work next week. Going for HM only on Fri & back on Sun
kao_smile.gif

cutiepooh

Hi mehmeh

U're back!
kao_welcome2.gif
read abt ur special items on other threads....

BTW which hotel did u hold ur wedding? I'm currently sourcing for venue...guess its pretty hard to breakeven given people's mentality of $80.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Cutie!

Thanksthanks! Gdgd, then i dun have to type here all over.. Had so many eventful things to recount!

I used Orchard Hotel, servings of food were huge in portions and great in taste! At least tt's what my guests have feedback.. heehee

I think u can overcome tt $80 mentality if ur parents/ gd frens helped to spread the word around how much it cost per pax

Wld share the pix when they are ready k? heehee, looking fwd to them too!

cutiepooh

Hi mehmeh

Okie dokie I'll be waiting! hehe
kao_babydust.gif

who did u engage as ur AD photographer and videographer?

Guess its quite peisah to mention to people about the cost...

hi mehmeh,

That's good, wish you hv a sweet romantic HM !
kao_smile.gif

hmm...where u going ?
Glad that everything went smoothly till your AD.
Remember to share wif us the photos ok !!

mehmeh_lim

harlow Cutie,

I engaged Big Day Studio as my PG & VG. They work very well together, so i know I was in safe hands. They are listed in SB forum & u can view their portfolio here: www.bigdaystudio.com

Hi Butterflies,

Going KL for HM coz Hubby doesn't have too much leave for now. So planning for a long trip during the EOY period..

Sure will share when they are ready!

cutiepooh

Hi mehmeh

Wow there are so many photographer on the list! How do u go abt shortlisting them? Did u go and meet a few before finalising on Big Day Studio?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Cutie,

I shortlisted by style, budget & availability on tt date. If ur AD is an auspicious date, it is possible tt they might be booked a year in advance, similar to the case of a banquet venue.

Hmm, i felt tt if they showed enough portfolio online tt spoke to me, i wld then call & make an appt to meet up to view more portfolio & discuss in detail

But in my case, I called a few either i wasn't too pleased tt they wld charge $200-$300 for my split day affair or tt they didn't meet my budget. So the only PG & VG I met were Big Day Studio

I wld highly suggest to meet a few, instead of just firming up over email or phone. Coz u want to know their level of professionalism, based on punctuality, service & of coz end products (albums/collages/coffee table albums) they are going to provide

Surf ard, shortlist, enquire on brides who have used/ are using them on their styles, level of satisfaction etc.. I'm sure u wld be able to find ur ideal PG & VG

Hallow butterflies,

Thanks dear! Happy preps!
kao_kiss.gif

hi mehmeh,

wonder how r u feeling rite now? can share wif us the "after AD" feeling?

is it suddenly u feel very free or lost or happy coz its finally over ?

can u still visit this website to help us ?
kao_smile.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi Butterflies,

Do u rem when I sent u the link to my PS pix, there was another link to track my wedding preps? Go re-visit tt website yah? Got a lot of my AD events & feelings..

Hmm, now tt the Big Day's over, I'm actually feeling very nostalgic abt the whole wedding & the immense preps I put in. I was very hands-on & enjoyed every bit of the preps, inspite some ppl saying tt it's too much work.. I figure I won't say I'm very free, coz I was sort of off-loaded before the big day, so i got to resume my workload

Sure, i will visit this particular thread to help u gers, provided u gers are able to locate this thread
kao_wink.gif
It's my pleasure to help, coz I get to build up my portfolio as a wedding planner in future.

hi mehmeh,
oh ya, going to take a look tks !!
kao_blush.gif

happy for your smooth sweet wedding, hope the rest of our weddings will be as smooth and happy !!

lynn_hu

Silver lining (if i not wrong), they do very unique wedding gown and quite fantastic studio photo. My friend like their work so much.

For me , im not mainly focus in gown...

klping

hi dear

anyone has suggestions or feedback that it is advisable to use photography services and bridal shop services in selecting the gowns separately? In-house photographer skills may not be as good as those who have a shop of their own? Any recommendations?

natyeo

klping: go for dedicated services, bridal boutique that does only gowns and photographers that they tie-in with or source some where else... one thing that many of my friends didn't like about bridal studios with inhouse photographer is they'll find ways and means to squeeze more $$$ out of u..like make u buy extra albums.

those packages with photography might look quite cheap at first, but if u put in all the extra this and that, might as well get a boutique that u like, a photographer that u like separately.