Any good bridal shops?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Butterflies,

AD is 3 Sept 05 (church) & 4 Sept is dinner

Oh I think u better look for banquet venue first. I booked mine more than 12 mths in advance. Esp if ur dates is popular/auspicious, u had better look into tt before settling on a BS.

If u dun have ur 1st choice of the venue, u can only settle on the 2nd best? Have u shortlisted any?

hi mehmeh,

Wow...ur BIG day is so near!!
kao_wedding.gif
guess u must be very excited rite
biggrin.gif

Yes, i hv shortlisted some, as my AD is not confirm yet, i hv a problem booking them too
uhoh.gif
, but i was thinking if there is no more available, i am ok to go without the banquet.

wyy

yeah mehmeh

u must be quite exited now....is round the corner oledi....

Mine is in Mar06....nothing really much to do now or actually i am too lazy to do things but since my banquet, BS church date is confirmed think there is nothing big to take note....(exclude to register with ROM).

Hi Butterflies,
Tink i agreed with mehmeh, location wise is more frustrating. Though you may say u are ok gg wifout banquet, things may change as you do your planning.

Many BTB has shared the frustration of changes. As for me, the hotel for my banquet is chosen by mt MIL. So i "escape" the frustration as no need to compare prices / package etc etc....

hi YY,
yalor, guess mehmeh must be now very excited and keeping herself "meimei"
kao_happy.gif

oic, i guess i know what u mean, maybe other changes or MIL may insist banquets hor...i nearly forget abt that
blush.gif
, paiserh, still a newbie to all these things...

wow...ur MIL chose the hotel, juz curious is she the one who sponsor the banquet?

mehmeh_lim

Hi Butterflies,

Why not share which venues u have eyed so far? Can give comments too.. Better book asap, if u really want yah?

Quite excited.. But also may feel tt I wld have a sense of 'loss'? Afterall, I enjoyed my preps so much & made so many frens thru the Forum

Hi YY,

Wow, ur FMIL decided on the banquet venue ah? But u comfy with the price per table?

Hmm, now u can starting researching on the design/style of gown, hairstyle, PS location.. I started my research in Dec coz I wanted to be as hands-on as possible & not leave things to last minute. Btw, I did my PS half a year ahead of the AD, coz I wanted more time nearer the AD to do other stuff like house

U booked ur AD PG & VG oredi? If u haven't, might want to get started on tt oredi. Like the venue, once snapped up, u wld have to settle on the 2nd best..

Btw girls, do feel free to ask any further questions u want yah?

hi mehmeh,

i oni think of Hotel Rendz and Si Chuan Dou Hua at GPP, coz i oni hv abt 15-18 tables. Have u try the food at these 2 place before? Can share share ?

thanks for u girls' advice, will try to book after my MIL find for me the AD. Abit paiserh to rush and chase after her.

Btw, mehmeh and YY,
can share with me who is ur coordinator and photographer please? Becoz i think a photograhper is impt too...
kao_sticktongue.gif

seval

Butterflies - yeah, actually it's all up u. go scouting around, you will know what is rite for you. Most importantly, you must feel comfy with the person serving you. Sometimes, other people might have good experience with some BS but you might not have the same feeling, maybe no chemistry or whatever. So, it's best to go down & "feel" for yourself. Of course, it's always better to go to the recommended ones. The 1 that I strongly discourage you to go will be EB. No offence to whoever sign up with them hor...

wyy

hi Butterfiles & MehMeh,

She eyed the hotel before i've decided to marry his son....and I am ok with the hotel.

Table price, I think is standand as my banquet is on weekend and location wise is great. My parent also happy wif that hotel. BTW is Metitus Mandarin....

I am fine wif things as long as all are happy and this will reduce my stress and I am oso happy wif it esp the coordinator....heehee
happy.gif

BTW the cost is bear by the wedding couple (my FH & I).

Yeah Mehmeh,
My WG & EG are in the making and will be going for my first fitting on 11Sept05. My PS will be on 10Oct05. Location wise....never thot of maybe play by ear cos not sure if that day is raining. BTW where are you gg??

For AD photograper, I will be getting church goer who is a freelance photographer from my church. Though prices is a bit ex but he is skillful and I am restassured that the photo taken in Church will confirm to be good.

For me the most impt AD PS is during the Church March in.....dun know how i will react to that grandness...in the presence of God....will i start crying???

Mehmeh, have u thot of this, i mean crying??

mehmeh_lim

Hi YY,

Yupz, EB = Everbliss..

I'm bearing the cost of the entire wedding too. I liked MM too, but didn't connect with the guy/sales coordinator when we went down..Hmph. Def a gd place with gd location

So exciting to hear both ur gowns are in the making! Did u go to the Christian brides thread before? I think u did yah? My PS was long gone over! heeehee..Went Asian Civilisation Museum cum The Arts House, Botanical Gardens & The Scarlet Hotel.

Oh gdgd to hear u've settled on an AD PG too.. How much u paying for his services? Gd thing he's fr ur church, coz he oredi wld know the gd angles to take fr

I think for the part on crying, might reserve to the 'Thank you' speech to parents? Sure hope I dun breakdown man.. Later the mascara runs! I think I wld be rather nervous while walking down the aisle, but with my FH in sight, I think it shd be rather romantic!

Hi Butterflies,

Like what Seval has mentioned, please do give EB a miss. They have 3 outlets, 1 at Marina Sq 3rd floor, Plaza Singapura at a corner near John Little & the biggest at Suntec. Quality isn't very gd I must say, having seen my sis & fren's WG.

I can't comment on food of Hotel Rendesvous, but heard fr my sis tt the ambience is quite gd. Si Chuan Dou Hua also have wonderful ambience.. Again, not too gd with the food too.. Ooops! Maybe u can check for more info at the Wedding Banquet thread?

According to my friend, Hyatt has a nice venue for a small banquet like urs. I think Amara, Carlton too.. Ever considered a poolside banquet instead?

Hmm, maybe what u can do is to check out hotels when u're in town during the weekends shd they have a wedding then. But u prob can check out only in September, coz Aug is the 7th mth, so very few weddings

hi mehmeh,
thanks for sharing
kao_clap.gif

so as ur BIG day gets nearer and nearer, can share wif me what are u busy at ? facial or anything else?

seval

yeah, gv EB a miss. I had horrible experience with them. It's 1 of those horrible sales talk that you want to escape from. (for me lah) But think they are also slowly gaining popularity. My brother-in-law and a friend's friend signed up with them. I didn't get a chance to warn them about the BS and they are paying a very high price for the things that they r getting. And personally I feel that their goods & services does not match their price.

mehmeh_lim

Hi butterflies

Facial has been a mthly routine for the last 9 mths. Now upped the freq to every 3 weeks. Hiao & gotta be the most radiant bride yah?

Now settling on the songs, which I really shd have done much earlier. But thankfully I only like a small genre of songs, so the selection process isn't tt painful. gotta burn them onto a CD & hopefully it works out during the AD. If not got to used in-house music? eeww..

Much closer to the AD, will have to go for final fitting? So now, bz losing a little bit more weight? My colleagues & FH think I'm crazy, but i think 1-2 more kgs lost isn't too bad!

Other things to tie-up wld be the RSVPs coming in slowly but surely. Doing up the AD schedule & informing the necessary helpers of their duties. Selection of wine & placing the order. Prob now mainly the logistics for the AD?

Oh yeah, prep & practising for 3 special items. 1 for church, 2 for the banquet. Shall not mention too much here.. heehee, gotta be special rite?

Harlow Seval,

Oh yes, their sales talk is really bad, esp having sat down once with them. They seem to be customer-oriented, but their after-sales service is below my standard. Def agree tt their products & services do not match their prices. Worst of all, every slightest thing requires a top-up!

wyy

hi mehmeh,

yeah i've been to the christian bride thread. but not often. On and off there to see see look look.

For my photographer, he is using the traditional film carmer. Charge $1200+ for 10 rolls (if I am not wrong). additional roll is charge at 40.

Have seen his portfolio, he actually capture the lovely dovey of the couple and the spirit on the AD. Thumb up for his work.

Most of my small grp friends are using him as photographer.

Hi Butterfiles,
Photographer from GI is in-house so I am not sure their names. I think will only know on my PS day.....

Butterfiles, I have been going to facial. Thought of gg for sliming then strongly objected by my FH & FMIL....

BTW if you want go facial, i can recommend my facial lady to you. She charge $50/session and she dun push you to purchase product.

seval

Meh Meh - Ya lor, EB really horrible. I just hope it will turn out well for my BIL.

Butterflies - My coordinator is Ann and I got Sean as my photographer. I can show you my photos if you want to see. Give me your email address but please keep it private.

wyy

yeah mehmeh

I understand what you mean when you said you will miss the preparation process once your wedding is over...

Though my wedding is far....i got that feeling too...a sense of lost right? I like to plan and coordinate things....sigh....

I am so into the wedding planning, i even thought of doing full-time for other brides....heehee just a thinking....

Unlike you, I will not set time for any special item as i am afraid i will cry...i face this crying prob whenever i attend church wedding....tears too much lah....

hi mehmeh and YY,
thanks for sharing the preparation process
kao_wink.gif

and seval, i not sleeping...i click the wrong emotions above...kekeke

cutiepooh

Hi!
kao_laugh.gif
I'm back again!

mehmeh: u mentioned that you are practising....so isit a dance?

BTW gers wat suggestion do u have for entertainment during wedding dinner? Besides singing and dancing, what else can be done? I noe this sounds pretty head cracking
kao_confused2.gif

Cheers
kao_cheers.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi YY,

U can have special items w/o crying lah.. Oh dear, I think u're too emotional oredi. Just smile & look the most beautiful bride on the big day... I think u wld also be the happiest person tt day, apart fr ur hubby.. heehee

Hi Butterflies,

U're most welcome!

Hi Cutie,

Hmm, said special item liao.. Anyway, there's more than 1 item.. Heehee!

Dun plan too much entertainment, afterall it's a wedding dinner not a D&D. For myself, the focus is to enjoy myself & really appreciate my frens/relatives & colleagues who have graced the event. More importantly is to savour the moments with the groom?

If u really do want, it shd be ur frens/siblings prep for u? Actually, so far I think most guests at wedding dinners I've attended dun pay much attention to what's happening on the stage, except when the bride & groom are there

cutiepooh

Hmm...mehmeh u r really secretly! Mind sharing with us after ur wedding?
kao_wink.gif

True I agree with u Ad shouldnt be like D&D!

BTW do u mind sharing w me ur PS shots from YC? Would like to see YC production b4 heading down.
This is my email addy: [email protected]
kao_smile.gif

cutiepooh

True Mehmeh AD shouldnt be like D&D...hmm...mind sharing w us wat are the items after ur wedding?

BTW do u mind sharing w me ur BS shoots? I would like to see YC's production b4 heading down. My email addy is [email protected]

Cheers

mehmeh_lim

Hi girls,

U've got mail... Just a note, the indoor shots are not by YC. I only did outdoor shots with them & used another BS for indoor. Shall not disclose here yah?

Hi Cutie,

heehee, gotta be secretive for now at least! If i do pop by here often enough after the AD, will share my AD pix, then u wld know what the special items are k? heee

cutiepooh

okie sure mehmeh! I'll be waiting to noe abt ur special items! May u have a romantic AD!
kao_wedding.gif

Do come back here more often to advice the new BTB like me
kao_sticktongue.gif
My AD will only be in 2007

hi seval,
tks hor
kao_happy.gif

hi mehmeh,
tks for sharing ur photos wif us!!
kao_happy.gif

u girls so slim, guess i cannot consider medium size, i think i can say plump or big size oredi
kao_laugh.gif

hi princess lee,
hv u chosen a BS yet or still in process?
kao_wink.gif

hi cutie,
wah u still got plenty of time leh
kao_laugh.gif

cutiepooh

Hi Butterflies

yup AD seems quite sometime later but I'm trying to get a BS which can provide gown for my ROM in year 2006.
kao_babydust.gif

princess_lee

hi butterflies,

i'm still sourcing..zzzzzzz..
hubby not very co-operative lor..leave everything to me, then hor when i finally shortlisted a few, he suggests go ala-carte, I told him going ala-carte can cost even more, more time-consuming, he replys me see how 1st
kao_frustrated.gif
He feels that why in such a hurry, since our wedding will only take place next year..

hi princess lee,

hmm, tink men always like dat one lar, u r not the oni lady facing that, my hubby oso ask me to source out first.
embarrassed.gif

maybe they feel that ultimately we are the limelight, so let us make the choice.

yalor, ala carte more time consuming and costy, somemore u hv to be the one coordinating leh, later busy & tired until not pretty how?

maybe u can invite him to see the forum wif u, so that he will know how "kancheong" BTB down here are.
bounce.gif

wyy

hi mehmeh...
ur photo nice nice.....thanks for sharing

Hi princess
I faced the same prob wif you. Think guys are like that....sigh.....

mehmeh_lim

Hi Princess,

Ala-carte may not necessarily cost u more. Though more time cosuming & require alot of effort fr the couple, u get to customise & can play around with more options. For instance, if you sign up at a BS, you dun get to keep your gowns (some do). You might ask why keep rite? Most BTBs eventually fall in love with their gowns, or can modify their gowns for future uses. Also you can sell/rent after your wedding, helping you to recoup some costs.

If you start prep earlier, both ala-carte & one-stop BSs would not be a problem. The trouble is some ppl leave it till the last min & sometimes the couple wld end up in a blame game.

Like what butterflies mentioned, guys are usually more detached. But it's true, most of the time, the wedding process & the big day itself tends to focus only on the bride. It's therefore not a huge area of concern to them?

Well, since you would be the star for the day, why dun you call the shots! heehee

When do you project your AD to be? Maybe can help you check if you are on time/late for some stuff..

hi mehmeh,
i am quite confused which is the outdoor? can't really find leh ?? in fact i find 2 indoors...dunno is i blur or wat
kao_confused.gif

hi mehmeh,

juz manage to take a look again, i tink OD pix are more natural.
The yellow gown u wearing pix, the makeup can't bring out your features, i can't comment on the makeup on the white gown as there is no close up...but the ID makeup is better than OD coz your features can bring out sharply, how u tink ? But the ID background abit too traditional leh.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Butterflies,

Agree tt the OD pix are more natural.. I think the locations matter alot. Coz I selected the locations after much research & getting permission, so it's kinda like dream come true in being able to take pix at those locations? heehee

I dun really like close-up for OD, coz it wld be done so in the ID shots. So reserved those close-up for ID. I think why the ID make-up looks better coz it's abit thicker & pix are more close-up?

U think the ID background too traditional ah? Rem the email conversation we had? So u understand ah.. Those are the best oredi. If not it wld look even more cheesy..

wyy

hi mehmeh

I like od better more natural except the one close up in this red building. look fiece leh...

For ID, good lah....i prefer the last one...

princess_lee

hi butterflies & mehmeh,

Tentatively has set my AD to be on december next year, cos I'm still waiting for my flat to be ready..hopefully somewhere this year end.

YY, yalor..guys are like that..feel like knocking on their heads..haahaa..

mehmeh,
Can let me see yr PS album too, pretty please..
[email protected]

cutiepooh

Hi mehmeh and YY

Before we sign a contract w any BS, muz we specific in the contract exactly how many outdoor photoshoot locations can we have and the cost of adding additional picture?
smile.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi Cutie,

Tt's a very gd & relevant question! Yupz u better clarify on both aspects, negotiate to ur terms & for them to specify the agreed terms on the invoice. I wld say the market rate for majority of the BSs is $55 & $65 for 10R & 15R respectively. OD locations can be variable? Most S'pore couples go Sentosa to take their pix, in Sentosa alone, there are plenty of locations to do the PS, but they still count Sentosa as 1 location.. U get the idea?