Any 090909 brides?

winnkz

Hi there,

I am intending to get ROM on 090909. Any other having the same date as me? I am thinking of only to book the venue in May or June next year. Is it too late?

ahboyahbao

090909, easy to remember. but unfortunately, its in the lunar 7th month, so it could be a major concern if either parents are superstitious. if not, hey, you can get great bargains at hotels for wedding banquets!

winnkz

Oh gosh.. i missed out on that. I hope both sides don't mind..
sad.gif

winson_tl

at first i also intend on 090909
but after consider both sides parents..
so now considering 080809 or 070809 ..

which one is better date? anyone can advise on it ?

carolyee

i'll be having my rom on 090909! :D
initially we wanna have it on 080809 but we checked the tong shu and its not a good day for wedding.

carolyee

hmm.... i read the tongshu and it's suitable for getting married even though it falls on the 7th lunar month

christabel

Hi Hi, i am planning ROM on 090909 too... however, have not yet check the tongshu...heehee.. pretty excited and gan cheong to see so many brides on same date with me !!! =)
btw, happy 2009 !!!

winnkz

Wow.. congratz
happy.gif
I wanted a garden style solemnisation. Any suggestion on the venue. Initially wanted to have it at One Rochester, but had reviews from some frenz that it is pretty expensive...

sept_09_bride

Hi.. me too hving my ROM on 090909... so excited n looking forward..

initially hving some hold back, coz scare parents mind coz is lunar 7th mth.. bt our parents are ok.. n the tong shu state tat its a good day for marry.. surprise...

Winnie.. dun wait till May or June to book the plc.. it may b too late.. actually me thought of solemnizing at ROM centre.. bt scare cant get slot on d date.. then left 3mths, mst places already book..

so i started arranging things last wk.. some hotels n restaurants already booked..

so i acted fast.. manage to get Peony Jade and JP..

So winnie, gota act fast to secure the date..
happy.gif

lms_sharon

I am also ROM on 090909...
So excited...

U guys have any lobang on PG?
Got ur wedding bands alr? Where?

Lets share...

Cecilia,
my package is from BS...

sept_09_bride

Sharon,

Which BS you get fm?? we secure ROM plc and JP first and the rest think can wait alittle while lor

We havent got wedding bands yet>>
bt saw a pair we like alot at SK

lms_sharon

I took the one is call Jazz B (cannot spell full here)...
Kindda very stupid to take this up.. Cos its the 1st time i went to road shows & the 1st person who "persuaded" me for signing up.
Haven really make any comparison then sign alr...
Package at $3388, but includes ROM package lo...

Yesterday went to Tiffiny & Co to see their rings.. The 1 that i like is $2680.. Any suggestions whether is it too ex?

Today will meet up few PG & look at their portfolio.. Hopefully can make the correct choice
happy.gif

sept_09_bride

Wat is PG??
I went to Tiffiny & Co to see their collections b4.. bt dun really like their rings.. coz both me n HTB wana diamonds on our ring n the guy one cannot b too niang.. haha.. :p

kinda fussy.. the pair we love is $1.7k+.. my friends already say its exp lor.. bt if u really love the ring.. n its once a lifetime thingy.. go ahead lor.. hehe.. :p

me thinking of signing Golden Horse Award packages.. saw fm their web, their gowns looks beautiful.. waiting for them to give me a good bargain after CNY.. hehe.. :p

christabel

Hi 090909 brides,

Wondering if your ROM ceremony is held in the morning or noon or evening time ?

I cannot decide on the timing as it is a Wed... my colleagues and friends would have to take leave to attend my rom..

*lost*

sept_09_bride

Hi..

mine is noon.. saw in the chinese calendar.. though 090909 is in lunar 7th mth, but is a good day for marriage.. n morning time before 1pm is good timing..

din really look at the 'tong su' but juz happen to look thru the chinese calendar during CNY.. n saw that morning timing b4 1pm is good..

din intend to invite friends.. juz 2 tables for our immediate families only.. so for us, noon still ok..
happy.gif

bcst

Hi all 090909 brides to be,

I am also planning for my ROM on 090909. I think i would prefer to have a poolside solemnization if it is within my budget. Do any1 have any good suggestions?

I think i would prefer a dinner as to suit my guests' timing.

Am at a lost now, as there seems so much to prepare n to follow-up.. :p

What are the places that you gals would be holding your ROM?

carolyee

Hihi... My ROM will be hi-tea type at a hotel. For my guests, most of them actually already know about this event but we will still inform them 2 to 3 months again in advanced to reconfirm the attendance.

Me don't intend to sign up any BS packages but just taking up ROM package from bridal studio. Saves $$ for the time being.

sept_09_bride

hi Carol,

So which BS you intend to sign the ROM package with?? any idea wat's the price like for juz the ROM package?? me too wana save $$ for ROM.. dun intend to spend so much 1st for ROM..wana save mre for my AD..

sept_09_bride

Hi winson tl,

nt me signing the ROM Package from Whitelink.. is carol..
happy.gif

me took makeup, hairdo and make to measure dress from Dressmeup.. the lady there is good..

u can go to the following website to take a look : www.dressmeup.com.sg

carolyee

Hi winson tl,

Basically the ROM package from Whitelink starts from $680 onwards. Consists of a tea dress, jacket + pants (all Rental), Bouquet, Makeup + Hairdo. The price ranges is due to the dress you picked... see if the bride want a grand one or just a simple one. If wan to have a grand gown like real wedding den will cost more than $680.
happy.gif

Better call for appt to go down to Whitelink if u're keen. Maybe can ask for the price again in case they have any promotions.

charming

Hi Brides triple 9s,

I will also carry out the wedding at 09/09/09 even though that's lunar 7th month.

Our lunar birthdays is alright on that day... so we go ahead..coz when we can have this triple 9 again... i have missed triple 8 which was on saturday... but sometimes...if it wil be your day..it will...coz initially we changed to 20/09/2009 or 29/09/09... but if not because of our photographer is not available..then it is the restaurant where we held our reception. So we think this day is determined to be our day.

My sis also say it is better not to carry out wedding in lunar 7th month..but i think this depends on your persoanl thoughts. Both of us are alright.

The groom will fetch the bride at 9 am too.. how cool, isn't it??

winnkz

Hello ladies.. Finally back in the forum. I have changed my date to 20.09.2009. Am still looking for a venue. Initially wanted to hold it at One Rochester, as I wanted a garden style event. But it was over our budget
sad.gif

Still looking out for other venue. Any suggestion for garden style wedding?

winnkz

My friend sign up WhiteLink package as well, but she don't really like their make up and hairdo when they did her ROM last year. She is now thinking of engaging external hair and makeup stylist for her actual day.

I saw the makeup and hair on her ROM, was not that nice tho..

trina

hey my rom is also on the 09/09/2009. and its also my 19th birthday. but im glad to say its not a bad day to get married. i was browsing thru the net and came across a website that writes the bad days to get married for yr 2009. and glad to say that 09/09/2009 does not have any bad dates. Anyway i was wonderin any1 thinkin of having their solemnisation at the singapore flyers ? so email me [email protected]

lms_sharon

Hi all,

I also roming in 090909..
Looking at the tong shu, in mth of sep is not on lunar 7th mth.. Cos this yr there is 2 "5th" mth.. so it actually made our dates being deferred... Thats wat alot of other sep brides also know ar.. Just that b4 the tong shu is out, nobody knows la, then all dun wanna risk.. so in the end 20092009 becomes a more popular date than ours.. hehe..