Ang Bao Box

huiz

Hi hapict,

Nice to meet u here. My AD is later than yours, in Mar and will be at Plaza Park Royal
happy.gif

sandrababe

wow huiz

v nice lei ur AP box...yup i got the laces and flowers from Spotlight.
basically just make some holes on the box and stick the roses stalks into the box and then glue the bottom... quite easy to do it...
i made some corsages too..
401268.jpg

cornwall

Hi Huiz and Sandra
Your AP boxes are lovely.

Where did you get the boxes ? I went to spotlight recently but didnt see any of that size.

Kindly advice.
Thanks

huiz

Hi CG,

U do not need to go far to get a box
happy.gif
Just get one of those boxes that hold the reams of A4 paper from your office. Wrap them up nicely and no one will know what's underneath. Saves $$ too
happy.gif

hippoeeyore

Hi Huiz,

Your corsages look lovely...can i know where u get those flower? Other than these 2 color is there any other color? Oh and the leaves too....

Pls advise...

huiz

Hi hippoeyore,

Err, these flowers (and therefore the corsages) cannot be bought anywhere. I made the whole thing myself. How many do u need?

hippoeeyore

wow huiz....very nice leh!!

No lah..thot can DIY more meaningful. Nvrm i go and source around for other flowers.

Thanks yah.

huiz

hee thanks for the compliments
happy.gif

There could be some good ideas on DIY wedding crafts on the net that u can check out. www.offrays.com have good instructions on making DIY ribbon roses. Perhaps u can get some DIY ideas from there too
happy.gif

snowiee

Pictures of the Ang Pow Box for sale:

Ang Pow Box

413507.jpg

Ang Pow Box Top

413508.jpg

Ang Pow Box Side

413509.jpg

Selling for only $18.

Interested parties please email me at [email protected] for futher information and enquires.

thanks

iceydragon81

wow all the ang pow boxes are very nice! i found a box, squarish size and wrap using red wrapping ppaer, glossy type. but after seeing so many designs, i will go buy some cute stuffs to add on to the box .. hehe

georginat

for sharing...I did the ang pao box myself..the ribbon and flowers from a store at Arab Street, the butterfly from K-mart, Perth and the box from Malacca..all in all it costs about $15
417257.jpg
417258.jpg
417259.jpg

huiz

Hi Georgina,

Did u go to this corner shop at Arab Street that is selling lotsa ribbons at wholesale prices? Great place that is
happy.gif
Did u make the roses or got them ready made from the shop? Think they do sell ready made roses too
happy.gif
Btw, did u get the box from Mahkota? Think I saw something like that there
happy.gif

georginat

HI Huiz,

yes, i bought from the store at the corner (nearer to beach road) of Arab Street. The flowers are ready-made. Yes!! i bought the box from a gift shop at Mahkota and it costs only RM8.90 !! quite a big box actually ..hee hee so can put more ang pao !!! haha!!!
biggrin.gif

huiz

Haha,this is such a coincidence. I frequent the Arab St ribbon shop and also saw the box at Mahkota when I was there visiting my ILs last week. I was lazy and stingy though. Just took those boxes that contain the reams of A4 paper from the office and wrapped them up as my box that u see above ;-P

huiz

Hi Stepford,

I am not sure of the name of the shop. But I do know that there is one on the ground floor, a corner shop. Keep a look out for this one that has a few chinese bridal figurines on display in the cabinet facing the main walkway. I suppose there should be other gift shops on the other levels too.
happy.gif

georginat

hi stepford,

the shop where i bought the box was from Shiok Novelties, Mahkota Parade, forgot which floor, but i think its on the ground floor..

Huiz, you made a very nice ang pao box, bigger than mine !!!
kao_laugh.gif

stepford

Thanks Georgina and Huiz... I desperately need an ang bao box and this is really last min! Will go tomr to take a peek. ;-)

georginat

yes, stepford !!! Mahkota parade is in malacca..i was there holidaying in sept and i saw the box , i liked it so i bought it there !!!

you can get boxes from a few places , like concourse, book stores, i think paperchase at borders have... or else can take one A4 paper box and wrap it with nice wrapping paper

huiz

Yes, Mahkota is in Malacca. Oops, sorry Stepford for not clarifying earlier. For a moment I thought u are going there for a short holiday over the PH ;-P

Yah, I think Kalms also have some nice boxes. Another place to go is Ikea. Their boxes come in round ones too and are really very classy looking
happy.gif

stepford

hohoho... I'm so blur. Thanks for the info! My wedding is a wk away so you can tell by now, I'm super desperate. How's your preps coming along?

huiz

Hi Stepford,

My AD is still sometime to come, so I am still in a very relaxed mode now. But I have got most of my wedding stuff done, i.e. the AP box and the corsages.

There's some nice boxes on sale in the forum here. U can try those if u don't mind
happy.gif

huiz

Hi Jaspire,

Thanks for the compliments
happy.gif

I crocheted the flowers and assembled them into a corsage
happy.gif

elias29

Hi girls,

Any idea where to get cheap couple bears to decorate for ang pow boxes?? A4 size is it abit too long? Possible to cut 1/4 off and wrap as a square box??

huiz

Hi M&M,

I think the length of an A4 box is ok. But I find the height kinda too tall oredi. so u might want to consider cutting it a bit shorter

elias29

hmm, okie. Hopefully it will turn out nice..keke. It will be my 1st time doing ang pow box..but need to racky where to get the materials.
Do u all wrap with wrapping paper or cloth? Do u all tape the cover to the box? or can just use a ribbon to tie round it as decoration? I tot of getting my box from Daiso but dunno will the cardboard be too hard to cut the opening anot. Maybe have to drop by to check it out.

huiz

I wrapped by box with brocade and satin cloth. In order for the cloth to stick nicely on the box i.e no creases I used spray glue. The cloth was held down very nicely. If u wrap with paper, then there's no need to use spray glue.

I did not tape the cover down so that it'll be easy to open up to retrieve the APs. Don't want to destroy the nice box ma
happy.gif

elias29

Okie, thanks Huiz for your info. Looks like u know what to use, etc. Professional siah..keke. I will go hunt ard for nice materials & box.

huiz

Errr, no la, where got professional? hehe... I just like to meddle around with craft stuff so I "trial and error" to see what's best lor
happy.gif

perseus

i will try to sell both together if possible at $25 for both. What u see in the pic is what u will get. a few of you are keen to get only 1, if i sell per pcs, I will let go at $12.50 ea. I only use them once during my wedding last week.

sorry for the pm thing, i dont know why it dont work. U can arrange a time to meet me on sunday, in the east. contact me thru email [email protected]