Amara Singapore

lind

Hi...

just some comments on Amara...

me and my FH went to the Amara for their bridal show before...and we fell in love with the place once we stepped in...love the lobby, the glass lift, the ballrm reception area, the carpet in the ballrm and most of all, the LED lightings on the ceilings....however was pretty disappointed with the tea reception(dim sum & sm other snacks) they served...food was abit cold, not very fresh and not fantastic at all..

i hv also heard same comments from others whom had experiences in Amara regards to the food served during dinner...

Perhaps those of the brides/grooms to be here whom have already booked with Amara will have to warn & remind the banquet staffs to not repeat this..some younger generation guests might not really mind but wait till we hear those relatives naggggggg abt it...won't look too gd on our parents as well...

rihini

Hi Hi,

Anyone knows who's the photographer for the Amara advertisements? I* find the colours very rich and vibrant, and very stylish classic.

Not sure about the hotel's sevice and food though...

ihippo

Hi all,

I am
new.gif
here!!!

Hope to pick up some tips and your experiences here....I also like the new look of Amara....like the celing lightings and the spacious reception area.....

Hi Fairlady,

I am also looking at the weekday 588 nett package.. would you kindly share what's in your package?
Tks a million!

madwomaninattic

Hello - Wow to the feedback on Amara Hotel. I personally like the deco after its reno and looking at the weekend package. But is the price nett or include 3+ huh?

My concern is really with the food and yes you girls are right - have to be serve warm and tasty. We are going to pay so much and of cos expect and deserve only the best for such a lifetime event.

What about the other dishes? Do they allow us to mix and match the dinner menu? How long in advance must I book cos' my mum damn slow still looking at the tong shu for a day in May or July cos' June isn't very good month it seems (well at least for my zodiac sign lah).

In general - the hotel is really good just the food bit everyone is concerned about. Me too - I wonder really. But the restaurants there are good standard and quality leh.

username

oh yes, the amara hotel decor is super nice & classy...real zen like :)

but my auntie relative went there for weding din..and she say the fd super cold...

anyway, would be attending my gf weding on this coming dec...shall update u guys again.....

also tot of going to amara for my wedding din...
jus like the class look of the hotel...
but to the older folks...its always good food first and not the ambience....

oh yes..if u wan good food, can try the Boon Lay Raja Restnt in Jurong East (above NTUC). Attended my gf wedin don there, no ambience...but the food was super super GOOD!!!
And my gf said she paid about $580 per table...
tats for the weekend...
and the sharkfin soup is best...
they go by per piece wan....
not those 'chui chui' type...
tat place good lor...
but my pil wan orchard area....

keann

I was in love with the decor..it's simple and classy...fell in love when i walked in...and decided to book it! Will be having my wedding in May 2004. Any brides for 2004? we can share share info!!
smile.gif

germy

Hi, can anyone pls advise? I'm interested to hold my banquet in 2004. But still hunting a suitable hotel...not to sure whether Amara is good ornot?

germy

Hi Username,

how's your friend's wedding at Amara?
I have just placed a tentative booking today...
Any Amara brides out there for 2004?

turkey

hi all
i had my wedding at amara just last mth. my guests (including older generation relatives and neighbours) were all praises for the food - tasty and generous portion..

the hotel staff, such as jeffrey was also very helpful, giving good tips such as asking me to eat butter before i go for my phototaking with my wife (table to table) to avoid getting drunk.

on the whole, i think amara is a good choice..

keann

Germy:
I am holding my weddin in amara in may 2004....am excited about it...when is your wedding?

I did hear good stuff about the food in amara too...hope it is good...

germy

Hi keann,

When is your AD? I have just made a tentative booking on 25th Nov 2004. Who is your coordinator? Can share with me your packages and the perks?

keann

Germy:
I booked my package very early this year...can't remb the perks...as i am currently out of singapore...can't give you the info..but i remb got NO free-flow beer...cos mine is on weekend....it's on 15May.

I booked through Natalin..but i tik she has left olediz....so not sure who is in charge..who's in charge of yours....i tik i am going to find out by Jan....cos need to do a bit of preps....

turkey

hi germy

i was not drunk
happy.gif

anyway, have to say that amara is quite 'righteous' in the way they conduct their business. when i signed the contract with them, there was corkage fees of $20 ++ per bottle (can't remember the exact amt)... but they readily offer to waiver it when they no longer have such charges for future customers. i was impressed and really hv to give credit for tt.

i dun hv free flow beer also... only entitled to complimentary 20 litres (if i dun remembered wrongly).. surpisngly, it was enuf to serve all my guests (400++)

germy

Hi Keann,

guess that you are always out of town. I have just confirmed my booking today with Celine. She's quite good and accomodating.
By the way, what gifts are you giving your guests?

turkey,

you can hold your liquor well i guess.
biggrin.gif
Do you have any montage? Any waiver for the projector? And izzit true that you mentioned that they no longer have corkage charges for future customers?
This thread is getting quieter recently...

cookie_baby

hi gers. me new 2 this thread.

me AD will be in jan 05 but m currently sourcing 4 our wedding venue. amara is one of our choice. jus wanted to check. besides the listed items on the proposal, can we neg for more???? like free rental of projector, gifts for guests, etc????

germy

Hi cookie,

well I ve took up another package from another hotel. You may wish to look for celine from Amara, she's quite accomodating. Try negotiating with her, shouldn't hve any problems.
happy.gif

username

hi...germy...
sori for the late reply...
oh yes, went to my gf weddin tat day...
but halfway thru...my husband fell sick..so have to rush back hm..therefore oni attended her solemnisation...the place is nice...
anyway, i manage to speak to the bride today...
she say her guests find the food was oki..but service extremely luan lor...and the service was super slow

scribblez

Hi,

Just wondering if Amara is flexible with their package rates? Has anyone managed to negotiate for a lower price than the stated rates?

joelle

Hi,

ckgirlgirl, think Amara has vegetarian choices but you have to pay extra for each vege guest.

Anyone knows if Amara is strict with their duty-free wines?

moonny

Hi Shell,

I have book my banquet at Amara. Like their reception area and their price is pretty reasonable too.

babyad

Hi Shell,

My wedding is at Amara in this coming May...

They offer really nice theme... and the food is not too bad... The reception area is one of best ones I have ever seen. It is really nice given the space...

If you decide to have about 30 - 35 tables... you will use the main ballroom which is pillarless which I tik is great...

When I had my food tasting session, the banquet manager was very patient... n the waiter who was serving us was great too....

Most importantly, you must like the ambience there....Which my FH and I do....

moonny

Hi Babyad,

Congras for your wedding this coming month!
I agree with you like the ambience at Amara. How many tables you having? Who is your coordinator? Mine was previously Irene but she left and Pauline took over, nv met her before...

fairladys

Hi,

Just had my wedding dinner last wk, i am very happy with Amara for the theme, food etc...

My coordinator is Pauline and i only meet her once just 1 mth b4 my wedding, her services not tat gd cos on my wedding day she give the wrong flower for the theme that we decided. She ddnt even bother to meet me or show up for the dinner or the next day when we check out..... She just call me that she changed the flowers cos my friends and hubby complained to her......

But overall is ok, the operation manager who take care of the dinner for the whole nite was very helpful and well- organised.....

Food was nice as i change my dessert to yam paste which i thought it wn't be that nice cos i specially want them to do as my guest requested it.. And it turn out to be VERY NICE!!! not too sweet and lots of Gingko nuts...

Really no regrets choosing Amara, just that pauline service is not gd only.....

babyad

Hi ladies,

I have my FBIL to take care of the coordination with amara as he is one of another hotel's F&B manager but his hotel is too small for us so we decided to book amara...

Joelle... I will be having 33 tables min and 35 max... I must agree wif winnie that the operation manager was really good on the food tasting day. He convinced us that we are in good hands cos he will work very closely wif my FBIL. What abt u? how many tables are you having? If it is more than 35 - 37 tables... I tik they must open up an extension... then it will not be longish, it will be an L-shaped ballroom liao...

I only saw the hotel coordinator once... not sure if it is Pauline but I noe that my previous one is Irene. Is pauline the one wif shoulder length hair? and does she wear specs?

My flower arrangement will not be taken care by the hotel as I am engaging someone else to do it - my FBIL's contacts la...

Winnie, i agree that the food was nice... but I did not get to taste the yam paste... Really good huh? cos my side is teochew.... they will know if it is really good or not... cos we get to eat it quite often.... hope that it is really that good (keeping fingers cross)

moonny

Hi gals,

babyad, my is about 25-27 tables. Dun think i will need to open the L,just the main will do...

Oh dear my is Pauline too
uhoh.gif
.. never ment her before.. but once called to enquire she don't sound too friendly thought... *worried*. was previously with Irene..actually when i went to view the ballroom for the first time the person is Natalia.. then Irene took over now its Pauline... they kept changing huh
uhoh.gif

Winne, Congras!! how long before your wedding did you collect the wedding cards from Amara? Did you go to the printer they suggest? what theme did you use for your ballroom?

ladies, was your food tasting included in the package? Mine wasn't... wondering when i should arrange for it.. my AD is in dec...

fairladys

Hi Babyad,

Pauline very petite, forgot abot how she look like but she dnt wear specs.

For the yam paste, my mum is teochew and most of my guest got toechew related and i love eating yam paste... can hunt for yam paste everywhere so do all my ah yees! So i should say that the yam paste is good (thumb up) which most of my relatives said and they r teochew too...

fairladys

Hi Joelle,

I collected my invitation cards two mths b4 my wedding n i used my own printer.
i used the grandeur theme cos my evening gown was red so can stand out my gown... wanted to choose romance but to much liao.
For pauline, just make sure u tell her and write down watever u agree or promise fm her. she will not call u, u have to chase her... she really bo chiam!

babyad

Hi gals,

HI Winnie... my theme is also grandeur too... as for my coordinator, I found out from my FBIL is actually the F & B manager, Kathy... My FBIL will toking to her abt the yam paste... having it thw same way as yours cos my relatives are not very into very sweet stuff

Hi Joelle..... I collected my cards from them about 1.5 mths and I used my FBIL's printer from one of his contacts again...

moonny

Hi Winnie, thanks for your tip, i will do that.. was thinking of getting the cards earlier to print.. no contacts for printer except for the recommendated one from Amara.... how was yours?
Did you use their project on your wedding day? Any idea if Amara has a DVD player? Cos my photo montage will be on DVD...

Hi Babyad,wow so good.. your FBIL have quite a number of contacts!! Good for you.. I am thinking of getting the cards earlier to settle the printing.. any suggestions on that?

shell78

Hi(moonny),

When is ur wedding? Mine is in Jan 05..

Hi babyad (babyad), Is ur wedding on a wkend or wkday? How many dish did u tast?

moonny

Hi Shell,
My is dec 04. 1 month before yours..
happy.gif
How is your preparation so far? Mine is on a weekday.. Yours?

babyad

Hi Joelle...

I asked my FBIL for the contact of the printer but he didn't give me... cos he told me that the printer gave him a special price so not convenient to share the contact... so sorry la... i tik it's some work ethics la... pai seh!

Hi Shell...
Welcome to this thread...
My wedding is actually in two weeks' time on a weekend... I tasted 6 dishes on the food tasting day..roughly tell you hor... not e actual name of cos
- Shakefins (interesting presentation)
- Abalone with vege
- Ee mee
- Steamed fish (very fresh)
- crispy chicken (very yummy)
- scallop wif vege

Overall.. the food is not bad la....
Gals... I have kinda confirm the number of my tables liao...about 36 - 37 tables le.... Based on what I see... i tik the ballroom will not be too squeesy la, what do you gals tik?

scobido

Hi

i am new in this thread. Wonder if Amara can cater to a smaller group of tables say 15 to 20 tables only? How's the price like?

tnx...

shell78

Hi Elin (scobido),

As far as I know Amara need a min of 30 tables for wkend and 25 for wkdays... Wkend is 700+!

Hi babyad (babyad), I think the ballroom will be just nice for u to accomodate 36-37 tables.. One thing I like abt Amara is that it only hold one wedding per day.. Unlike some hotel can hold a few in one day.. Is the portion sufficient for 10 pax? What I worry later guest complain not enough food, Beer & Wine. Keep us update after ur wedding dinner.. Best Wishes...

Hi Joelle.. My sales person told me that the recommend printer by Amara not bad and price is reasonable so why not u give it a try...

moonny

Hi Ladies,
90393.gif

babyad - no problem, I understand, thanks for asking.Most likely going to take the recommended amara's printer..I went down to amara to meet the new coordinator Li Ping yesterday(Pauline left Amara liao) they had a wedding there with 36 table(including reserved(1 table only)) its quite spacious & comfortable..

hey any idea what the diference between a hongkong style fish from a teochew style?

Hi Shell, yeah i am going to take the printer reco by amara
happy.gif
Hey i truly agree with you on amara can hold 1 wedding per day thing... if not guest may wander to another banquet not very nice...

Hi Elin,
As wat mentioned by shell amara has a min no. of table requirement but you may want to check with them to confirm.

babyad

Hi gals....
Aiyoh!!!!
Me so stress liao... just another weekend to go and it is my wedding!!!!!

During my food tasting day.... they actually catered the food to only about 7 potions....
But even so.... we had about 10 potions lo... mean 3 extra la.... and potions is quite all right.....

As for my beer and wine... my FBIL is going to control the flow... I think I have 2 barrels of beer(If I am not wrong) and as for wine... My FBIL has oredi ordered about 150 bottles.....again from one of his contacts...

Hi Shell... Actually, on the food tasting day..... there was going to be 2 weddings the next day... just that one is the wedding dinner in the ballroom, it takes up abt 3/4 of the actual ballroom, the 1/4 was for soleminsation(dun noe if it's in the evening or afternoon thou) But when it comes to wedding dinner... I am sure that it is going to be only one la...

Joelle...
I really don't know the difference le... ask them lo...Usually, based on my understanding when i take it outside.. the teochew style will be steamed with preserved vegetables and sour plum... as for hongkong style, i am not too sure... but i guess it should be the normal steamed fish lo with chives and ginger....
Cos cantonese likes it simple mah!

I will defintely keep u gals updated!

shell78

Hi Joelle, How long did u book ur package? Mine just book in April...

Hi babyad, Dun be too stress if not dun look pretty on ur big day.. Ur wedding is this wkend? R u serving beer during cocktail? So what's ur plan for honeymoon?

moonny

Hi Ladies,

90615.gif
babyad dun stress must relax.. big day coming must look the best!
90616.gif
must be so excitied right... hehehe

wah even for food tasting they are giving such a big portion.. i have hear amara gives quite a big portion for each dish..babyad so good you have your FBIL to help out..150 bottles wah that quite a lot right, amara waived your corkage?I will ask them abt the fish...
90617.gif

Hi Shell, I booked with amara somewhere in august last year.a bit kiasu hehehe.. hey i was advise not to serve beer during cocktail if not your beer will go quite fast.. best to serve during banquet when they start to eat... if not 1 barrel will not be enough...

babyad

Hi gals...
My wedding is next weekend......
embarrassed.gif
Not too sure if we are serving beer during cocktail... it's my FBIL territory.. he will make the decision....

Yeah.... I am very happy too that my FBIL is helping out..... we give him the authority to plan the dinner since he is so experienced... at least another thing off our minds(mine and FH).

As for the corkage... If I am not wrong, it is only for a certain amount of bottles..

Oh yes! For our honeymoon, we are going to the states for 3 weeks.... cos it is also my bro's convocation... so kinda kill two birds with one stone... hehehe...

moonny

Hi Hi,

So exciting... babyad you going to have videographers on AD? Showing any photo montage?Which BS did you sign with?
90704.gif

going to your honeymoon straight after your wedding?

Shell : how many table you going to have? saw all the themes already?