Amara Sanctuary

rachelloh

hey brides-to-be! my husband and i had our wedding at AS in Aug 2009, and i've written a review on the resort if you would like to take a look. http://www.thepleasuremonger.wordpress.com

we had a fantastic time during our wedding and AS is beautiful. we did have problems with some of the staff when we were planning, but be insistent and sit them down to explain your worries to them. we had joey, jerry, samuel and rayston helping us, there were problems that cropped up now and then, but after we told them our concerns, they stepped up and did a fantastic job for our wedding. the problem with the hotel staff is that i think they are so used to handling weddings, they stop to think that every couple is different, so they tend to dismiss our requests, but if we make it a point to sincerely let them know (in a firm way!), they will realise that we are trusting our wedding to them. it's all about communication. all the best!

Hi rachelloh,

Congrats on your wedding! Nice pics and very detailed write up on the wedding preparations. Would like to ask if you have more pictures to share, as in the interior of the ballroom and pictures during the wedding dinner?

Tks.

Just to check, you and ur hubby was served by so many coordinator? We were served by Samuel only.

drexter

Would like to ask if any couple who had their wedding at Amara Sanctuary has any issue with the limited carpark lots? As I have 43 tables, I foresee a problem.

rachelloh

hi anastasiazen,

thank you for your kind comments on the write up! i figured that it will be nice to share, i was once a very worried and anxious bride, so i completely understand how lost people can feel sometimes! throughout the wedding planning series that i will be writing, i will have more pics coming up that will describe decorations etc, so you will be able to see the ballroom etc

congrats on your wedding too!

well that's the thing, we had some problems with the coordinators, and at that time, rayston was the official one, but his dad was hospitalised, so we met samuel briefly during food tasting, most of the time it was joey and jerry helping. but like i said, we decided to be very firm with what we want and it was frustrating, but they really stepped up and did a fantastic job despite the dismal start.

sugarism

Hi all,

so glad to see so many positive review regarding the location & food.. Im considering AS for my wedding lunch, but does anyone noe whether they are ok w only 15-20 tables?

Thanks!

Thanks rachelloh for your quick reply!! I will be waiting for your updates!!

Hi meifang, not sure if wedding lunch works the same as dinner. As I have checked with my coordinator, you din meet the min tables mark. The banquet will still be charged at the min tables price.

princess_girl

Hi all,

I m considering to take up AS but the hotel insisted on the min. requirement that was really frustrating. AS is not customer service orientiated and does not cater to customer's need but they just look at the business aspect point of view. With such a nice resort, but cannot cater to customers need then it really bring about bad reputation to the hotel. More to add, AS's coordinators are not very responsive, they tend to have very slow respond to email and their turnaround rate for their coordinator is very high. This will lead to the miscommunication when things are being passed to another coordinators.

I have dropped AS form my list although me and my fiance loves that place. Pls consider carefully before signing up with them.

This is my experience that I have encountered with AS... just to share ...

weixiang_06

just dropping over to say hi... you all have a good wedding planner... William... he was previously from GPCH, as banquet sales manager..
happy.gif

ballerina18

I agree with WeiXiang. I believe the new Sales Manager William will do a good job. Just give him sometime to know his area. He showed us around the resort last week despite the rain and offered us his umbrella (although he could have gotten few more). I hope to give the benefit of doubt that they are ready to offer a class of hospitality.

My partner and I will be going down this Saturday to sign the contract and clarify some points. We are served by Samuel. Though his nature is more passive, he have been so far quite alrite. So we shall give him time to prove himself and we hope AS won't disappoint us.

rachelloh

good luck anastasiazen! samuel is really quite nice, and yes i agree he is passive. the setting is nice, the food is wonderful, so just remember to make your requests clear and push them, and your wedding will be great!

vocikit

Did anyone here asked for preferential room rates for your guests at AS? I tried and the "preferential rates" are worst than those i book online. terrible.

rachelloh

hi vocitkit, maybe because mine was a two-day event and i had many guests staying? also my banquet was on monday. how many rooms do you need?

vocikit

hmmm i just needed a few - like 2 to 3 - which is why i figured that it shouldnt be a problem. the irony is that if i book online now, it's cheaper than the "preferential rates" that AS is offering

rachelloh

i didn't know AS was formerly a prison, interesting! yeah i saw the bomb shelters and i think they are used for storage now.

vocikit, wow, i think perhaps you should raise that issue with AS. i can understand if AS doesn't give a lower rate for fewer rooms because there will be less profit, but if it's not cheaper than online rates, do let them know, and i hope they will help!

ilovepinkroses

Hey all =)

Thinking of holding my wedding at AS as well. Popped by 2 weekends ago. The place is beautiful!!! I love the glass pavilion! The cocktail area for the ballroom is great! Plenty of space for the guest to mingle. The ballroom was much better than I expected. It is very spacious. Looks relatively new.

Have yet to meet my wedding planner to discuss the package in further detail.

Was just wondering, does AS have wedding themes? I'm guessing that I have to top up the floral arrangements given. Anyone know a good florist?

Also, the most important thing, how's the food at AS??! I have read several mixed reviews. Not really sure what to make of it!!!

Any comments?

Thanks!

Pinkroses

rachelloh

Hi ilovepinkroses,

AS do have wedding themes, but we felt they weren't what we would like (actually it was me...the husband was very easygoing..haha) and we topped up the floral arrangements. AS has two florists attached to them, Redpetals and Sing See Soon. As we had both solemnisation at Glass Pavilion and banquet at ballroom, I used 1 each. Both were great, very friendly and professional people (I went down to their offices to discuss floral palettes etc).

I loved the food at AS, I think it's one of the best wedding meals I've ever had, whether it was at food tasting or during our banquet. Many guests told me so, and alot of those people are critical foodies. I think it will depend on the menu you choose. If you can drop me an email at beapleasuremonger AT gmail DOT com, I can email the menu to you if you like.

ilovepinkroses

Hi rachelloh =)

Thanks a million!
It is great to know you had such a wonderful wedding experience at AS. Looking forward to my wedding!!! lol

ilovepinkroses

Wow you have started really early!!! I guess its better... Then you can plan for your wedding in a leisurely manner!

Hey anyone knows how much it is to use the glass pavilion for holy matrimony?

ilovepinkroses: yeah we didn't want to rush...:p

RV: me and my SO have confirmed 2011 for AS, we signed during the wedding show, therefore they have given us the 2009 price.
happy.gif

melzyme

Im planning to hold my dinner at amara sanctuary hotel... any advice on their services, food, etc... Or anyone 1 have a previous dinner package with good perks?

babessg

hey rachel! thanks for the site! amara looks nice with the lights!!!!

here are some from some real weddings... but no such lights!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123459&id=140856633939
my friend told me that the coordinator not great. doesnt reply emails. seem like alot of changing in manpower.............

location wise, not convenient too. but then going to sentosa sounds like doing a wedding out of singapore!? keke.

hmm....can someone email me the price package as well? [email protected]

nwy51

Hi Rachel,

Was searching for weddings at Amara Sanctuary and came across your blog. Nice wedding you had!!!

Btw, I'm a BTB at Amara Sanctuary next year as well. But am having a little issues with the sales staff. Can I check who was your coordinator and how was his/her service? I thought of requesting to change mine...

kevely

Hi Janet, I'm also a btb, having the wedding dinner at AS next year and I am also having problem with my sales person in charge. Can u imagine me, as a customer have to drop reminders to the sales person to reply me and to follow up on what is supposed to be sent to me?

vocikit

Hi Kevely, my wedding is coming up end this year and similarly i had to chase the service staff. You mind sharing who is managing your account?

sprinkles

Hey Rachel love ur wedding! How much was ur Simplicity Pkg with Bridal Veil and also how much do u need to top up for the flowers at amara sanctuary - dinner & glass pavillion. Coz Im also doin mine at amara sanctuary, and always love to have more and nicer flowers but afraid it be expensive. And also thinking of customising my dress but again, wondering if its more worthwhile to take a simple pkg like yours. Love your gown.

madish

Just went to AS today for the wedding fair... wasnt very impressed. The ballroom was raved as pillarless, and is their selling point but to me, loads of hotels now have pillar-less ballroom.

Moreover the theme/decor is pretty basic. Okie decent but nothing to shout about. The stage seems so cold. A wedding fair is supposed to entice and this is the best they can show us? Not too sure about everyone, but I would prefer Not having to top up for more flowers/decor.

Walked around the villa, suite, rooms and glass pavilion and realised its pretty hot and humid. Was there about mid noon and one worry I had was the sun hitting into the glass pavilion and affecting my guests. (I intend to have my solemnization there in the noon). Was adviced to hold it late noon... oh wellz at least there was a solution.

We first spoke to Samuel too, and I agree with some of you who said that he may seems pretty passive. Alot of things we really have to fight for!! Abit tiring... other hotels are more willing to cater to our request.

enid

the extra effort and amount of money you need to put in for the things (and service) they lack is just not worth it. look elsewhere. you'll end up saving even if you choose another hotel with a slightly more expensive package.

enid

It has been such a tiring and unpleasant time working with AS that I was on the verge of forfeiting my deposit to look for another hotel, because the 'loss' in deposit will still amount to savings with another hotel even if the package at the other hotel was slightly more expensive. The things AS lack, including their lack of service, means you have to top up or customise your own. You incur more time and money which is the last thing a BTB needs. There is no point fighting for your requests, because it is a losing battle, they won't budge, you're better off finding your own solutions or alternatives. It is a little too late for me to drop them now, but I hope I can share this experience with those who are considering AS. Go with AS if you can be easygoing with minimum service and bare is your theme. But if you are a BTB which expects the best for your big day and is looking for partners to work with you to make that dream come through, look elsewhere.

blurrybride

We also went to AS wedding workshop on last sat.

Felt the same way as val_madish. It seems not very professional and "cold" compare to other hotels wedding fair that's crowded with people. I asked one of the coordinator and he said that it's a wedding workshop and not wedding fair where they will advertise. They have a major one coming up at Sept.

Anyway I had signed up their package because we really like their ballroom and reception area. But their package really is not very enticing and hard to negotiate. We took their weekday package which nv include a barrel of beer! They included it in their perks that you will need to choose. So couples please take note.

val_madish,

Could you share with me what extra perks Samuel have given you? We also had a hard time fighting with them. In the end, we nv really got any good deals. My email is [email protected]. Thks.