Aisle Bridal Reviews?

Minkishly

Before I signed the package, my sales rep said that the price for an additional 40 soft copies (only colour editing) is $1.2k. Have to double check because I don't know if it still applies!

not sure if they sell unedited soft copies anot. but the 1.2k for the 40 edited i think still applies. I also around the same timing. We can't decide what to scrap off as all the photos were really very nice. and all so well-taken. Moreover, they go by series, something like it flows in a story. so its really very difficult to decide..

emm06

They quoted me $125 per pose add on into album ... And tat does not include add on page... After reading all the brides here who had done photoshoot with them, I believe choosing photo will be a great headache to me too...

It is difficult to choose as their photographer really knows how to capture nice photos.. :)
If I have enough budget, maybe I will consider getting all of them. Hahaha..
Must really plan your budget first before you go for your selection of the photos and be firm with your decision. :)

emm06

It is difficult to choose as their photographer really knows how to capture nice photos.. :)
If I have enough budget, maybe I will consider getting all of them. Hahaha..
Must really plan your budget first before you go for your selection of the photos and be firm with your decision. :)

Thanks for the advice ! I'm planning now already eventhough My photoshoot date have yet to be set:p

@therookus ; thanks for sharing! Sent a request to join the group. :p

@dreamycandy & @Quek Jia Liang ; ooh exciting! So you'll only be able to get the soft copies then or still have to wait for the actual album to be ready?

I did ask my htb ask.. soft copies may be able to collect 2 weeks after meeting the designer.

Actually I'm wondering, how do they give us the soft copies? We provide thumbdrive? Or they put into a cd and give us?

Minkishly

I read at the facebook group that we can possibly get like two or three soft copies on the same day when meeting the designer (I think maybe must let them know in advance?). Don't know if they'll prepare a CD, but I think we'll be bringing our own thumb drive.

I hope we can get some soft copies earlier! I'm designing my own wedding invitations so it'd be nice if I could get a soft copy. Otherwise I'm scared that there won't be enough time to send them to the printer.

therookus

Hi Minkishly, I read somewhere that you engaged jin yan to colour your hair? I can't seem to find the thread anymore... Anyway! How was it? Because I am thinking of cutting my hair with her too. Thanks!

Minkishly

Ooh, I think it was on this thread somewhere. Yup yup, I got highlights from her and a slight trim as well! She's very good. She only trimmed my hair a little because I need to maintain the length but she did wonders to my fringe haha. I love the highlights she gave me. I'm thinking of going back to her for my next haircut too, although I'm not sure if she does every day hair cuts.

therookus

Thank you! She seems quite busy, so am hoping she will allow me for a haircut too! May i know how much she charges for highlight?

Minkishly

These are the MUA (in no particular order):
- Fanny
- Jin Yan
- Yuki
- Li Shi
- Shayla

And the PW photographers:
- Jackyz
- Ah Lim
- Max
- Ryan

* there might be more, but these are the ones that I've heard of

The popular choices seem to be Fanny for make up and Jackyz for photography. I'm not sure if Jackyz is still with the The Aisle because I was told that he left, but some other brides have seen him at the studio so maybe I heard wrongly.

Jin Yan was my MUA and Max was my PW PG. Very very happy with the two of them. :) I think they are all really good.

Feeling

These are the MUA (in no particular order):
- Fanny
- Jin Yan
- Yuki
- Li Shi
- Shayla

And the PW photographers:
- Jackyz
- Ah Lim
- Max
- Ryan

* there might be more, but these are the ones that I've heard of

The popular choices seem to be Fanny for make up and Jackyz for photography. I'm not sure if Jackyz is still with the The Aisle because I was told that he left, but some other brides have seen him at the studio so maybe I heard wrongly.

Jin Yan was my MUA and Max was my PW PG. Very very happy with the two of them. :) I think they are all really good.
Hello, did you choose MUA n PW PG or Aisle assign for you ?

Minkishly

Jin Yan was recommended to me during my first trip down to TA. I liked her portfolio a lot so I just requested for her after I signed up. As for my PG, I actually requested Jackyz after looking at his portfolio but then they assigned Max to me instead. It was a good thing though, because we ended up having very good chemistry with him.

Feeling

Jin Yan was recommended to me during my first trip down to TA. I liked her portfolio a lot so I just requested for her after I signed up. As for my PG, I actually requested Jackyz after looking at his portfolio but then they assigned Max to me instead. It was a good thing though, because we ended up having very good chemistry with him.
Thank you for your info.

Jamietn

Anyone here taking PWS at Taiwan ? Where are the places recommended at Taipei ?

Me ..
Purchase in sg roadshow.
Studio @ kee lung
Outdoor photoshoot @ taipei
Lily garden (if you love flowers),
LOVE @ taipei 101
Evening view sea side
And also 情人桥 @ 淡水

This will make u feel worth it for ur money but of cos ur mood on that day.. hahaha

Feeling

Me ..
Purchase in sg roadshow.
Studio @ kee lung
Outdoor photoshoot @ taipei
Lily garden (if you love flowers),
LOVE @ taipei 101
Evening view sea side
And also 情人桥 @ 淡水

This will make u feel worth it for ur money but of cos ur mood on that day.. hahaha

Both studio n outdoor at TW!
Mine studio will be at SG..
U never think to go 庄园take the PWS?

Jamietn

Both studio n outdoor at TW!
Mine studio will be at SG..
U never think to go 庄园take the PWS?

Hmm to me and my htb thinking are since we are at oversea liao what for go there which something like outdoor studio to take photoshoot.. We think it is more fun to experience by going to their tourist attractions places.. and of cos these are the places that u both nvr go Yet and can leave a memorable moments.

Jamietn

Hmm to me and my htb thinking are since we are at oversea liao what for go there which something like outdoor studio to take photoshoot.. We think it is more fun to experience by going to their tourist attractions places.. and of cos these are the places that u both nvr go Yet and can leave a memorable moments.

Oh ya another thing is that since already need to pay for the outdoor car rental fees then must as well go other places.. and I also requested not to take any photos with the church related places..

Feeling

Oh ya another thing is that since already need to pay for the outdoor car rental fees then must as well go other places.. and I also requested not to take any photos with the church related places..
I see, thank you for your advice...

emm06

Hi BTB,

Do anyone here have experience with their MUA Ann ? Cox I have not seen her name in this thread before.

Feeling

Do your know if taking PWS at Taiwan, the MUA wil go to hotel or u muz go studio for make up ? **for outdoor only**

Hello brides to be

I was an Aisle Bridal bride too. Was quite happy with the services provided by Jiaxuan and Aisle in general... Only grouse was that the extra costs of MUA services added up to quite a bomb. :(
I shared my package here on my newly established blog for all brides to be as a reference.

Hope to be of use!
Will update the rest of my Aisle/wedding/home reno experience bit by bit!

emm06

Hello brides to be

I was an Aisle Bridal bride too. Was quite happy with the services provided by Jiaxuan and Aisle in general... Only grouse was that the extra costs of MUA services added up to quite a bomb. :(
I shared my package here on my newly established blog for all brides to be as a reference.

Hope to be of use!
Will update the rest of my Aisle/wedding/home reno experience bit by bit!

Hi,

Read from your blog that you add on all soft copy return . Would you be able to share how much you paid for it?

TIA

Annalove

Hi Minkishly,
Glad to see that you have also engaged jin yan as your mua. Can i ask if u still have her contact number? I wanted to introduce to my friend. But i lost her contact. : (

Weddedcouple

Review of Aisle Bridal.

Short Summary : Above average, I would recommend

Long review : We engaged Aisle Bridal for a September 2016 wedding for prewedding photoshoot as well as AD photography. They have a big studio at UBI with nice korean theme (they seem to have refreshed this, not sure if they still have the almost iconic clock thing now), the main disadvantage is if you don't drive, it's quite far from the nearest MRT and mostly unsheltered so if it rains .... Getting a taxis or uber from the venue is almost impossible if it rains.

Service : We are generally very easy going, so we found the service acceptable. Like many bridal studios in Singapore, the staff I think are more Chinese speaking (Malaysian chinese?), so if you are more of the english speaking type it might be harder to make a connection, but generally service is still okay and there was nothing much to complain except one thing (see later). Still a lot is luck of the draw, for example, during our wedding shoot, there was a couple we saw who were very agitated because their MUA didnt show, and there was no other staff yet so early except our MUA there.

Price : Aisle bridal is a popular mid-tier wedding studio, they have in recent years gotten into the limelight quite a bit due to working with Mediacorp, so for example the MUA we got actually did the Makeup for Rui-en (was assigned didn't ask for it) etc, but from what I understand most of the MUA are pretty good. One tip I can give those of you who want to consider Aisle bridal is to try to sign up with the lady boss rather than the staff if possible. For obvious reasons, the lady boss has more power to give you discounts (I thinks staff dont have the power and even if they did would eat into their incentives) and similarly if something goes wrong she is more willing to give you concessions as it is her business after all and she would want to save the reputation of the business. This makes a big difference (can't tell you how I know hee hee).

Selection of gowns : As many have said the selection for guys is pretty limited, but most guys won't complain. It's pretty good for the gals.

Prewedding photo : We got Jacky who was pretty good, but again, from what i've seen and heard all their prewedding photographers are good. The main difficulty as many as said is they all look good and you don't have enough shots.

In case you don't know how the selection works, the staff will sit down with you, and show you hundreds of small I think 4R photos, then clip the photos you select into a small allbum book. Weirdly enough the actual photos you will get in the actual album will be far bigger. You might think they don't want to spend money printing bigger say 16R photos that you may not select, but why print 4R photos at all for selection? They have desktops with big screens that you can see clearer why not show on that and they dont even need to spend money printing hundreds if not thousands of 4r photos?

In fact after you have selected the shots you will pay for, from then on in future selections they will show you all the stuff eg. design of album, the softcopies you selected to buy etc on the big screen computers. The reason I realise why they show you 4R photos when selecting is that it is so small you can't see clearly. Particularly when selecting from hundreds of photos. So everything looks good because you can't see clearly. I'm not sure if this is usual practice among studios.

I don't know what will happen if you insist on selection from digital screens where you can zoom in and see more clearly, but in any case choose CAREFULLY, we selected quite a few that look nice on 4R size but when blow up to album size it's not that nice due to say a snowflake blocking the eye etc. As you know you have limited shots and adding shots is very expensive and can easily end up doubling the cost of the package or more.

They can do some simple photoshop basically to make you a thinner, but generally that's it. Most other things they wont do , such as edit face/eyes etc. So if you selected a not so good photo, you can't do much.

Another tip, if you are upgrading to a crystal cover , be very careful. While it can look very nice, it does not always cover the full front cover, there will be a very obvious gap between the crystal cover and the spine (about 5 cm, also depends on how thick your album is), according to them it has to be like that, because when you turn the pages there needs to be some allowance.

Though that sounds logical, I notice some crystal covers look better than others. It's a combination of factors, such as the color of your spine whether it complements the photo you choose as your crystal cover, thickness of your album due to no of pages etc. I also think the gap is a bit less for some covers probably due to variances etc. Because we weren't warned about this (we thought the crystal cover would cover the full front) we got a shock when we saw our wedding album. We are really quite easy going and not very picky, but even I felt it was so ugly, that it might be better not to have a crystal cover. This was because we were forced to select a brown spine and we combined it with a white background photo for the crystal cover and you get a very ugly front.

Fortunately after talking to the boss for a while, she agreed to change the cover foc and we selected a photo (had black background, actually i like it the least of all our shots but it was the few black background we had) that worked better with the brown spine color.

Actual day photography : In general AD photography is much harder to take and most of the skilled photographer prefer to do prewedding shoots than AD. We were quite apprehensive as a few months ago there was a big story about a horrible AD photographer from another studio that went viral.

Fortunately, the AD photographer we got was pretty good. No complaints here. He was very patient and he warned me when we were nearly running out of the hours, even exceeded a bit etc.

Conclusion : All in all, I can see why Aisle bridal is a popular choice. The gown selections are reasonable, service is reasonable (particularly if you can liaise with the lady boss) and they have good photographer and MUAs. But like all studios be very careful when selecting the prewedding photos this is where they actually earn the big bulk of their profits and I suspect many if not most couples may end up spending large sums there beyond what they already paid for.

sjynwxyc

Review of Aisle Bridal.

Long review : We engaged Aisle Bridal for a September 2016 wedding for prewedding photoshoot as well as AD photography. They have a big studio at UBI with nice korean theme (they seem to have refreshed this, not sure if they still have the almost iconic clock thing now), the main disadvantage is if you don't drive, it's quite far from the nearest MRT and mostly unsheltered so if it rains .... Getting a taxis or uber from the venue is almost impossible if it rains.

Service : We are generally very easy going, so we found the service acceptable. Like many bridal studios in Singapore, the staff I think are more Chinese speaking (Malaysian chinese?), so if you are more of the english speaking type it might be harder to make a connection, but generally service is still okay and there was nothing much to complain except one thing (see later). Still a lot is luck of the draw, for example, during our wedding shoot, there was a couple we saw who were very agitated because their MUA didnt show, and there was no other staff yet so early except our MUA there.

Price : Aisle bridal is a popular mid-tier wedding studio, they have in recent years gotten into the limelight quite a bit due to working with Mediacorp, so for example the MUA we got actually did the Makeup for Rui-en (was assigned didn't ask for it) etc, but from what I understand most of the MUA are pretty good. One tip I can give those of you who want to consider Aisle bridal is to try to sign up with the lady boss rather than the staff if possible. For obvious reasons, the lady boss has more power to give you discounts (I thinks staff dont have the power and even if they did would eat into their incentives) and similarly if something goes wrong she is more willing to give you concessions as it is her business after all and she would want to save the reputation of the business. This makes a big difference (can't tell you how I know hee hee).

Selection of gowns : As many have said the selection for guys is pretty limited, but most guys won't complain. It's pretty good for the gals.

Prewedding photo : We got Jacky who was pretty good, but again, from what i've seen and heard all their prewedding photographers are good. The main difficulty as many as said is they all look good and you don't have enough shots.

In case you don't know how the selection works, the staff will sit down with you, and show you hundreds of small I think 4R photos, then clip the photos you select into a small allbum book. Weirdly enough the actual photos you will get in the actual album will be far bigger. You might think they don't want to spend money printing bigger say 16R photos that you may not select, but why print 4R photos at all for selection? They have desktops with big screens that you can see clearer why not show on that and they dont even need to spend money printing hundreds if not thousands of 4r photos?

In fact after you have selected the shots you will pay for, from then on in future selections they will show you all the stuff eg. design of album, the softcopies you selected to buy etc on the big screen computers. The reason I realise why they show you 4R photos when selecting is that it is so small you can't see clearly. Particularly when selecting from hundreds of photos. So everything looks good because you can't see clearly. I'm not sure if this is usual practice among studios.

I don't know what will happen if you insist on selection from digital screens where you can zoom in and see more clearly, but in any case choose CAREFULLY, we selected quite a few that look nice on 4R size but when blow up to album size it's not that nice due to say a snowflake blocking the eye etc. As you know you have limited shots and adding shots is very expensive and can easily end up doubling the cost of the package or more.

They can do some simple photoshop basically to make you a thinner, but generally that's it. Most other things they wont do , such as edit face/eyes etc. So if you selected a not so good photo, you can't do much.

Another tip, if you are upgrading to a crystal cover , be very careful. While it can look very nice, it does not always cover the full front cover, there will be a very obvious gap between the crystal cover and the spine (about 5 cm, also depends on how thick your album is), according to them it has to be like that, because when you turn the pages there needs to be some allowance.

Though that sounds logical, I notice some crystal covers look better than others. It's a combination of factors, such as the color of your spine whether it complements the photo you choose as your crystal cover, thickness of your album due to no of pages etc. I also think the gap is a bit less for some covers probably due to variances etc. Because we weren't warned about this (we thought the crystal cover would cover the full front) we got a shock when we saw our wedding album. We are really quite easy going and not very picky, but even I felt it was so ugly, that it might be better not to have a crystal cover. This was because we were forced to select a brown spine and we combined it with a white background photo for the crystal cover and you get a very ugly front.

Fortunately after talking to the boss for a while, she agreed to change the cover foc and we selected a photo (had black background, actually i like it the least of all our shots but it was the few black background we had) that worked better with the brown spine color.

Actual day photography : In general AD photography is much harder to take and most of the skilled photographer prefer to do prewedding shoots than AD. We were quite apprehensive as a few months ago there was a big story about a horrible AD photographer from another studio that went viral.

Fortunately, the AD photographer we got was pretty good. No complaints here. He was very patient and he warned me when we were nearly running out of the hours, even exceeded a bit etc.

Conclusion : All in all, I can see why Aisle bridal is a popular choice. The gown selections are reasonable, service is reasonable (particularly if you can liaise with the lady boss) and they have good photographer and MUAs. But like all studios be very careful when selecting the prewedding photos this is where they actually earn the big bulk of their profits and I suspect many if not most couples may end up spending large sums there beyond what they already paid for.
Thanks for the detailed review! It was very informative:) can you please share who's your mua?

newbridejoy

Review of Aisle Bridal.

Hi can share who is your AD photographer?

Weddedcouple

Hi can share who is your AD photographer?

It was a guy called Kelvin. the quality was just ok/decent at least to me. But im not very particular type so I dont know if more discerning people than me might think differently about image quality.

Service wise he was good at least I heard from friends and family. better than video ggrapher(not aisle)

Last edited: