Advice on Teadress

hellokitty88

Hi,

I am not taking KUA and Cheongsam as teadress.. So can I choose white colour halter neck long dress as teadress?

Do old people will pantang?
Thank for any of your advice offer..
happy.gif

Rgs

the_grape

I think tea dress you can wear something more vibrant in colour.. afterall the tea ceremony is the most traditional part of the wedding.

Think some of the old folks will not mind lah but i think it's really nice to wear a CS!! make an outstanding one!!

vvn

actually i also though white is good for tea ceremony, coz like a normal ROM dress mah.

but then some people will think that if ur WG already white, and ur tea dress white again, then ur photos won't be so colorful.

i got an orange(winnie the pooh bear kind of orange) short dress. i am just hoping no one says i look like a giant orange that day!

hellokitty88

Hi Goober,

Can u give some idea for outstanding CS? Will be good if u have pictures to show..
happy.gif

Hi wn,
I also tot of getting short dress but my sis said too simple and ask me to get a long dress..

By the way, where can I rent nice & embroidery CS at reasonable price?

Thank alot for both of your advice!

vvn

mymelody,

yup that's that bad thing for short simple dress, my mom said those short bustier dresses will make the bride look like a bridesmaid!

Cheongsam will be nice, but if u don't like long ones(if you have to kneel for tea ceremony) then get a knee lenght one. may be u check with your BS first?

goober!, are you the lady who, er... called g00ber? the one with the nice AD photos?

vvn

Goober,

keke...

no way! does married life really turn people fat? dun think u r fat, do more chores, and shop more can already!

the red CS is nice!

=)

the_fat_grape

hi vvn,

haha... i think so leh.. marriage life is somehow more fulfilling. =) eat and eat after wedding.. esp honeymoon. the photos in the beginning of honeymoon so different from the photos of me at the end of it hahaha... put on so much.

happytea

wow this dress is sexy! heehee

i will be wearing a KUA, but then, now i worry, will it be too hot in the afternoon?! will i perspire too much that will kill the mood?
sad.gif

hmn... ask a qn, at the guys side, the tea cermony we are in WG right? only at girl's side for the tea dress right?

vvn

goober,

ha! you must be having a great time! ppl say "if u are in love, you can live on water", that's why u put on weight! ha ha

Happytea,
erm, actually KUA is not very hot. it's quite 'loose' so won't cling on to your body. i think what u wear for tea ceremony depends. i'm going to wear kua for the tea ceremony at FH's side. then go for lunch banquet, go back to my place for tea ceremony in my tea dress.

tayes

Hi goober,
You look smashing in that red dress! May I know where did you tailor the dress? If its not convenient to share here please email me at [email protected] Thanks!

Hi Happytea,
I have seen my friend's wedding where the bride did the tea ceremony in her tea dress at the guys side, she changed upon reaching the groom's home. I think the tradition says that the bride has to change before going back to her parents' home. Its unlucky not to change. Hope this helps!

the_fat_grape

Hi ladies,
Thanks for your compliments on the red cs.
its good to get someone turn on the aircon before you and groom arrive to do tea ceremony. this helps a lot in our humid country. =)

Hi Tayes, i have sent you an email!

hellokitty88

Hi Goober,

yr TD so sexy & nice!
happy.gif
where u bought it & price? U put on weight because you are very happy as yr hb adore, love & sayang u & feed u with good food!
happy.gif
Tis my gf told me when I complain I put on weight.. hahhaha...

Hi wn, my bs no knee lenght CS. All long one but the design not so nice and I dun like wear KUA as v hot! :p

the_fat_grape

Hi myMelody

i bot mine fr Allure Charix. they got really nice stuff there sometimes. they now have this gorgeous blue peacock dress which i love soooooo much... too bad my wedding is over. and too bad it's too stunning for any other event i can think of wearing it to...

kolabear

can consider pickung another evening gown, but in simplier design and but so bulky type.. that what my GF and myself had for our wedding. she chose a yellow and mine a light blue

joeysan

hey goober,

can i have contacts for Allure Charix? Is ur tea dress exp? haaa...got some budget.. and does anyone know where to rent or make one cheap affordable suit for guy?

applebob

Hi,
All my gowns were MTM. Got 2 contacts for MTM dresses after a whole lot of research!

Quite cheap consider the dresses/ gowns are fitted to your size. Both at Roxy Square.

1) Just Nice - 62477083 (Mdm Chua)
2) Italia Bridal - 64407573 (Lisa)

Hope it's useful to all of you! =)

lslyn

I decided to go ahead and wear KUA during tea ceremony, since its once a lifetime opportunity to wear. Any BTB thinks this way to
happy.gif
?

mongs

Hi ladies, please help me out - I'm a bit confused about the tea dress part. I am not wearing Kua, but a modern knee-length gold-coloured cheongsam.

When I reach the groom's place for the tea ceremony, is it correct that I should change out of my white bridal gown, and change into the tea dress immediately for the tea ceremony with his family? If yes, after I change into the tea dress, do I need to also wear the Si Dian Jin items given to me by his MIL previously during Guo Da Li?

After the tea ceremony is over, can I carry on wearing this same tea dress back home for the tea ceremony with my own parents? Or do I need to change to another going-home dress? Also, can I remove the Si Dian Jin jewellery, or do I carry on wearing them?

Please advise! Thanks!!!