Advice for PLus Size brides

feliciatan

Hi Queen,

Wow, I oso took my PS with Ivy Brides..
Jus came back in Apr...

my wedding is in Sep, and for AD I have signed up with DiGio.

Jess Haute Coulture, package good? gown nice ma?
did u jus sign up for the AD or for the full package which comes with PS?

My Digio package onli AD one, was thinking to upgrade..zzz

queenie82

Hi Felicia,

Mine is also AD package~ $1788 for 1 WG, 1EG, 1 Kwa, 2 suits for hubz, day and night make up, bridal car deco and hand bouquet.

dun intend to upgrade coz we've got 2 albums from Ivy le~~~ When did u take ur ps? I went on the 10th, PS on April 11th! maybe you were there too~~

How much is ur AD package with Digio?

shoppyling

Anyone selling any nice evening gowns/ROM of knee length? Must be able to fit abt size 16-18.Asking for my friend. Pls email [email protected] if u have any to let go ya
happy.gif
thanks

chloe_belinda

Hi ShoppyLing, I happen to be shopping at Far East Plaza and I saw this Plus size shop that sells eveing gowns. U may wish to take a look at it. Its called Kaylene boutique, at #04-16. I saw a portion of gowns for pluz size. This shop is mainly for plus size ladies, but as for gowns, they have a small decent collection, u can go down to check it out. ALternatively, u can try other shops at Far east plaza too. They have a few shops selling gowns. But some may need to tailor make.

binary

hi ladies..

i booked my PS with taiwan BS, prefect-wedding..
so you have the same worries that i hvae cos i afriad that i might not able to settle 5 pcs of ideal gown for my size..

now my concern is back to AD.. taiwan BS willing to rent me the latest gowns for my AD, but i have to bear the cost for gown air frieght?

anyone done that before any comment?
i'm worried that gown does not fit during AD as the alternation will be done during PS whcih maybe 6-8 mths away from AD... that meant i might need to look someone to alter..

houseoflove

hi belle, ur PS photos come out yet? can share?

queen, i tink jess haute couture very cheap le..did u top up for MTM or just taking OTR?

evelyn, think its better to take AD package locally or JB...also everything BS got new gowns u can still go down and choose ma..

how much are the packages for ivy brides and perfect weddings ah? mine is from bluebay..cos tat time i signed up very fast..only know bluebay..ahahah..also worried abt the gown selection siah..

asyak

Hi houseoflove! My photos are ready but they r abit deceiving cuz got Photoshop to mk my arm look smaller.. N I dun hv e raw photos with mi..

U gals can add mi on FB! My email is [email protected]

I only posted 5 of my PS there as sneak b4 my wedding.. After wedding will post everything.. U gals can see my ROM pic as well then can see hw big my arm actually is :p

sandysu

Looking ROM package..

I am Plus Size gal ( uk 18 )

My ROM is on 02 Oct but until now i have not get my Dress..

Help need :p

apple1_79

Hi all,

I am a plus size (16/18) but i am v short.. 1.52m onli...
having AD at end of the yr..Any nice bridal shop to recommend??

feliciatan

Hi Shirley,

I am size 18 and I taking Digio as my BS.
Digio got a wide range of wedding gown but the evening gown selection for my size is veri veri limited...
Think u should research a few BS then go down to try the gown first b4 deciding which one to take.

apple1_79

Hi Felicia,

Is it most BS offer plus size gown... Last Dec i accompany my frnd call The Aisle, the boss say i may need to do MTM... i am worried abt the cost..

feliciatan

Hi Shirley,

I think most of the BS offer plus sized gown. My size is between 18-20 thus it should be easier for your size.

If you do MTM, it will be more ex, and most important is that some cutting may not suit our size.

I been to Bridal Concept, My dream Wedding, Rico-a-mona, and a few more which i forgot their name. Sometimes when u try the gown, the size may not fit but most of the gown can be loosen one.
I tried Di-gio gown, and the gown I tried is very nice compared to the previous few i tried.

Maybe you want to try Jess Haute Coulture too, Ms Queen Queen got her package there.. think the gown there is nice too...

But think u have to be fast cos this yr many ppl getting married and there may b possibility that all nicer gown been book le.

Hope the above helps^^

apple1_79

Hi Felicia,

Thanks for the info...
But sometimes feel irrtated.. My AD had nt being confirmed yet.. A lot of unconfirmed things and my HTB still say wan to have the AD end of this yr or early nxt yr...
Told him all this things need time to plan, he still wun give me a definite ans...so piss off sometimes...
sad.gif

happyhappyhen

Hello all!

I have a friend who is plus size and managed to slim down like super a lot after taking a slimming coffee + detox drink. I can't post her photos here, but I can send you to see privately if you don't mind to email me. [email protected]

The drink is organic, made of all natural products so I think its quite natural. I've started taking them myself too, found it easy to drink and well, reasonably priced so thought to share with you gals. (S$114 for both boxes)

I've lost abt 3 kg? Not much in my case, but clothes are a lot looser. My friend's case was very good thou, she lost like 17kg!! Totally look like a different person...

PM/Email me if you would like to know more.

houseoflove

i am a di gio bride too, size 14/16. ok la quite alot of gowns there can fit..its best to book ur package with choice of MTM top up included..long trains no need to see if short or tall i tink..

happyhappyhen

Anyone has a very good method to reduce fat on arms fast?

I've managed to lose weight overall after taking the coffee+detox, but my arms still look flabby.

Going to wear sleeveless for dinner, so need to lose arm fat. Anyone tried the 2B cream? Is it good?

coffee detox should be one type of those slimming drinks which contains coffee contents and detox your body by passing out the things u eat..

Personally tried another method which really works. Lost 7kg even when I ate buffets every 2-3weeks.

ms_bride

I'm going on detox diet too! Starting and painful... Hahahahaha... But i've just choosen my gowns!!! they are lovely and the staffs professional advices taught me how to hide my flaws hehehe. Short cut but i love it! Oops, was too happy bout it, it's Style Bridal btw!!!

shanshines

Hi all btb..I'm btb in may 2012.

Unable to find nice wedding evening gowns. Any recommendation?
I'm not sure about my size. Maybe size 16 to 18? I have huge top small bottom like l or xl?

Pls advise.

eiko

Hi girls, I'm also a plus size bride, UK 14, I think I have a huge bottom, average top, am trying to slim my tummy down. I have feeling that most gowns are all very tight and hard to breathe in, any recommendations?

belvedere_angel

hey all btb..

i'm a btb in feb 2012..
actually i think it really depends on your coordinator in the bridal shop.. initially i was worried that i might not be able to find the gown but then it was actually a breeze for me to look for my gowns..
happy.gif
i'm a uk16/18...

in the end, i picked the gowns that my coordinator chose for me..
happy.gif
don't worry.. i'm sure you'll be able to find the nice wedding/evening gowns..
happy.gif

furry1980

Hello Ladies,

I am also a plus size gal. Wedding just over on 01.01.2012. I have 2 lovely dresses u may be interested!
(Size 12-16)
Please PM me!!

sunshiney

Elas Dress is very bad. I ordered a veil from her and it was late. Multiple phone calls and SMSes were left unanswered. When it finally arrived 1 month late, the edges were jagged and there was a huge, uneven seam right down the middle of the veil. She was supposed to get it replaced within 3 weeks, but 1.5months later, still no news. Once again, throughout this time, no response to SMSes or calls; she basically disappeared and I had to call her assistant. When I finally managed to get in touch (4 whole months after my initial order), she told me she'll refund the veil. That's not the point, because as a bride, you just want to have everything in place. All in all, my veil never got delivered.

jgkc18

Singapore’s first plus size Bridal Collection “Adele” which is inspired by the worldwide singing sensation Adele. The modern bride today is beautiful, talented, confident, and she definitely isn’t afraid to show off her curves! “Adele” promises a variety of wedding gowns that are specially tailor-made for brides who are UK Size 14 and above. Donning these gorgeous wedding gowns allow you to embrace confidence and style with the latest bridal trends.
La Belle Couture’s “Say I Do” Bridal and Photography Workshop - REGISTER FOR FREE ADMISSION.

REGISTER HERE : https://labellecouture.leadpages.net/say-i-do-jeangan/

summerN

Hii, maybe can try The Aisle for Plus size bride, my bestie just got married in May, she is a plus size bride. But seriously her gown really very pretty. She sign up MTM package & staff suggest her to MTM evening gown instead of wedding gown cos there are more choices for wedding gown. It was a perfect evening gown & right choice cos during the dinner you actually wear evening gown more you wedding gown!

eiko

My advice is, go for those corset tie up gowns, no matter what size you are definitely can fit. I am not that skinny too so all my gowns are tie up and looks perfectly fine. Just don't choose mermaid, A line or ball can hide your figure.

minkfly

I am a bigger sized bride (currently UK12/14, going to embark on a weight loss regime so that I end up being a UK10 for my wedding). I reached out to a couple of bridal studios voicing my concern that the selection of gowns would be limited. I received a pretty brusque reply from Digio stating that "We have only a few of such gowns". And that was it. No invitation to go down for a fitting so that I could have a look at the gowns that would fit me. Maybe I'm being sensitive, but I did feel as though they weren't interested in my business. : /

Just wanted to post my personal experience with them here. I'm disappointed since I like their gowns and from this thread, I've seen that others have good experiences with them (which is why I shortlisted them as a possibility in the first place).

Will be looking for other options, or perhaps consider ordering a made to measure gown.

Minkishly

Here's an update from my bridal gown search. After my disappointing experience with Digio, I found some bridal studios that I was really interested in and visited two:

** my fiance was busy at work, so I got my trusty maid of honour to do the visits with me.

Jess Haute Couture

Jess is the owner and designer and she is a really talented lady. Her website and studio is a little dated (I guess she's not very good at marketing her brand) so my maid of honour and I were a little put off when we first arrived. However, her gowns are gorgeous. All gowns can fit UK2 to UK20 so the size range is amazing. I'd recommend going for her MTM gowns though, because the pricing is really very reasonable. She does all her sewing herself and I can tell that this is really her passion. She showed us a dress that she was working on and the attention to detail is fabulous. She's also very nice and doesn't hardsell at all.

The only downside is that the photography and make-up her studio provided was not to my taste at all. :(

To be honest, I wasn't very interested when I first saw her website, but believe me when I say that it does her no justice. The most important thing is her gowns and she does those well. I'd recommend MTM for this studio since it's really reasonably priced for a custom and brand new gown.

The Aisle Bridal

I got a response from The Aisle moments after the one from Digio and it was like the polar opposite. I mean, just look at the two responses I got:

The Aisle:
As for your main concern mentioned above, kindly note that our company do have size between UK 6 to UK 14, if you don't mind we sincerely invite you make a trip down here to have a fitting session. I will show you some design and have a discussion with you personally:)

Digio
Thank you for your email enquiry. We have only a few of such gowns.

Or White Link. Which didn't even respond at all. /rolls eyes.

Now that is service. I had a good feeling about The Aisle from the moment I read their email response because honestly, these are the kind of people that I want to be working with, and to whom I want to give my money to.

My maid of honour and I were wow-ed from the moment we stepped into TA's studio. The studio is beautifully decorated and very well-lit. We were served by a very smiley faced Helen. I was a little surprised since based on the contents of the email, I thought I was going to be meeting with Yvonne but it all worked out well. Helen is loud and humourous and we both really warmed to her. She brought us on a tour of the studio and I was just starry-eyed looking at all the gorgeous gowns. There is a huge selection on the first and second floor of the studio and I already found myself picking out a few based on a cursory look through.

I really love their indoor studio as well, with all the backdrops. Since my fiance and I are practically allergic to heat, having a well furnished aircon studio was a huge plus. She sat us down and showed us pictures of the gowns, photographer / MUA portfolios, hand bouquet choices as well as examples of the photo albums.

I love the hair and make-up portfolio (Jing Yen's) that she showed me. It was actually very similar in style to this freelance MUA whose instagram I've been stalking for years. The photography is really nice and professional too.

But of course, to me, the gowns were the main feature. Helen basically dismissed all of my fears that I wouldn't fit into the gowns, assuring me that they could be easily altered to fit my size. Also, I saw a wide range of plus sized gowns that I think could go up to a UK 18/20 (didn't clarify the exact size) and they were super gorgeous. Also, I liked how the gowns weren't split into different categories (like how you'd have to top up for a more detailed design). They can do MTM gowns as well with a top up that I thought was reasonable, but I think I'll try looking at the OTR ones first since there are already so many that I like.

++++

I was torn between Jess' gorgeous and very reasonably priced MTM gowns and The Aisle's overall comprehensive package. However, I decided to go with The Aisle because I loved all aspects of their package, which saves me the trouble of hunting for ala carte services. Also, I really, really like Helen. She had a very good understanding of what I needed and even (jokingly) told me off when I enquired about services that she thought were unnecessary. (Plus she gave me a really good package that my fiance and I just couldn't say no to.)

So I'm relieved and very happy with my choice. I would highly recommend The Aisle to any plus sized bride who's worried about being put off by rude studios. A bride-to-be should always feel beautiful regardless of what her clothes label says and I can assure you that both The Aisle and Jess Haute Couture are highly professional studios who treasure and respect their customers regardless of their size or budget.

Some honourable mentions:

Bruid

Bruid does bespoke gowns that are on the slightly pricier side (as compared to Jess Couture). I haven't been down to their studio yet (ended up falling in love withe The Aisle) so I can't speak for it. But my correspondence with them has been nothing short of pleasant. I've been speaking with Indra and she's incredibly nice. Their packages are listed on their website, but I actually enquired about a watered down version since I only required certain services. She was really nice and came up with a new package price to suit my needs.

In addition to bespoke gowns, they also include hair / make up, photography (AD and prewedding), videography, flowers and car decorations.

Fay's Couture

Fay does beautiful bespoke wedding and evening gowns. I really liked her style, but was unable to meet with her since she just had a baby. She also has MTM and OTR gowns. Her label is purely focused on gowns though (or at least that's the impression I get from the package list she attached for me) so you'd have to outsource the other stuff. She's very nice though, and would be lovely to work with.

++++

To end off this wall of text, I hope my experience helps other bigger sized brides. Don't feel discouraged like I did, there are many many nice options out there, so don't settle with a studio that makes you feel second-best or less than perfect just because you're not a UK6.

Hi,

I had signed up with La Belle for my actual day and I have quite a good impression of them thus far and they seem to have good selection for gowns when I went down to their shop.
My actual day is next year so have not actually went down for fitting.
Perhaps u can check them out.

lhxChloe

Hi,

I had signed up with La Belle for my actual day and I have quite a good impression of them thus far and they seem to have good selection for gowns when I went down to their shop.
My actual day is next year so have not actually went down for fitting.
Perhaps u can check them out.

Can you share your package with me? Like how much is the actual day package?

Thank you!!