Advice for PLus Size brides

feimei

hihi L.H.W...

are their price in SGD??? can it be soo cheap if really in SGD? i m looking for AD gown but i only doing for tea ceromony....soo no need to be too grand de...if checked out a few BS...their rental for the gown already double of what u hv recommand....if really that price....i don't mind give a shot.... :D

can share with me ur fotos? can email mi: [email protected]

prisci11a

L.H.W., i want to see as well, pls PM me ?? even in USD the gowns are cheaper then what i have seen on-line from china suppliers!!
how is their workmanship, any rough ends or loose strings everywhere? How good is the fit?

keiko_kon

Hi L.H.W., I wld also like to take a look at your photos! Do the gowns really look like what is being shown on the website? Pls PM me!

Also, how do you ensure that the measurements you give them will be just right for the gown they MTM for you, since you can't try it on at a proper shop?

feimei

hi prisci & keiko_kon,

u can try to email the lady, the email add give in the blog site. quite fast response. she said they actually accept design fr customer but due to high volume recently, they only accept order fr their catalog...

feimei

gam xia very much, lazycat!!!

i have been emailing Ella, i roughly describe my build to her n she suggested which type of gown i should avoid....she's is quite prof...high chance i will place my order but again, i worried abt the measurments taking....

the gown u chose really look beautiful on u....u took ur own measurements or u get someone to assist u?

prisci11a

Hi L.H.W., saw your pict, your dress looks pretty...
happy.gif

blackcat

Anyone has good recommendations of bridal studios with wide range of designs? The ones I saw seem to be all sleeveless! It's so hard to find a BS with gowns that have sleeves.
sad.gif

yakieyaya

Hi, i am quite a plus size also, perhaps you gals can try Bridal Zone. =) I got my package from there, they are able to alter gowns to fit you...

koume

Hi lazycat/FeiMei/Prisci11a,

Can I find out whether do you still have the pictures of the Elas wedding gown? I am very tempted to order...

smilem

hi all.. i also trying to slim down.. cut down lesser intake of food..

now ve to find time to go for exercise..

any other suggestion?

geravin

Hi Serene, Blackcat & all,

I'm plus bride too. Don't worry about sleeveless design. Can get designer to add sleeves. Mine turned out ok. I'm with Bridal Concept. Let me know if you are keen. There is a co-ordinator there is is quite good at choosing designs that flatter our body shape.

feliciatan

Hi lazycat/FeiMei/Prisci11a,

Can I find out whether do you still have the pictures of the Elas wedding gown? I am very tempted to order...

binary

hi all,

do you have any recommendation for bridal studios for plus size gals? do you have any the plus size grown pic to share?

vivjass

Hi Binary,

i took my package with the aisle bridal: http://www.the-aisle.com.sg

the website might not be fantastic but u can go there to take a look at their gown collection. their gown can alter to XL or XXL size. I was XL size when i go to their bridal show. slim down to L now. u shd go there to take a look when they have bridal show. they can let u fit into their gowns to see. but usually they pass u gowns that are a little smaller but rest assure coz the gowns can be alter. i question them abt the gowns too. and i realized i was not given larger gown coz they will drop. hahaha hope this helps.
happy.gif
actually most bridal studio can alter the gowns so u shdnt worry too much like me. cheer up!!!

pebblex

Hi binary,

What vivjass said is true. Most bridal studios can alter their gowns as they have allowance at the seams. Some gowns also have corset-like straps at the back to allow for even more expansion.

I tried on gowns at a few "normal" (not those known for having plus-sized gowns) bridal studios before I signed up for my package. I was a size 14/16 then and still managed to fit into many beautiful gowns. I put on a bit of weight after my PS (haha guess I'm the only bride that didn't go on a diet) and they were still able to expand the gown for me. Oh I am very tall and they were also able to lengthen the gowns by quite a lot so this goes to show how much allowance the gowns have!

keiko_kon

Hi Pebblex,

Glad to hear that you were a happy bride! Is it possible for you to share your pictures with us? I am also a uk14 now and am actually worried about my fat arms most; cos I know with a corset they can actually "tighten" your waist to make it look smaller... but for arms, no hope!

Do PM me if you are willing to share your pics!

pebblex

Hi keiko_kon,

I'm unable to share my pics as I left the CD at my own place. Am now on maternity leave and staying at my mum's place. Yes, I've moved on from being a happy bride to becoming a happy mummy. Happened to look into this thread as I still receive email updates when new messages are posted.

Although I'm unable to share my pics, you may feel free to ask me for info/advice. Oh by the way, my PS gowns were the bustier, halter and spagetti strap kind. I used a spagetti strapped wedding gown on my AD. The pics all turned out very nice. I read an article that advised not to choose off-shoulder styles as contrary to what people think, these actually draw attention to fat arms rather than help camouflage them.

vivjass

Hi pebblex,

please share ur photos with me oso. i want to take a look for my wedding gowns too... Yupz totally agree with keiko, off shoulder will make arms look bigger... i realised why most wedding gowns are tube coz they actually make brides looks thinner... i thinking of going for halter neck too... haven't choose my gown yet.... wana slim down before my photoshoot. :p

pebblex

Hi vivjass,

I just told keiko (see my previous post just above yours) that regretfully, i'm unable to share my pics as they're not with me. However, please feel free to ask if you need info/advice.

Although I'm unable to share my pics, you may feel free to ask me for info/advice.

My PS gowns were the bustier, halter and spagetti strap kind. I used a spagetti strapped wedding gown on my AD. The pics all turned out very nice so don't worry so much. If you've got broad shoulders like I do, they'll even work to your advantage as somehow you'll be able to "carry" the gowns well.

feliciatan

Hi aLL..

I'm oso a PLUS sized btb..
been to a few BS,eg My dream Wedding, Bridal Concept, Rico-a-Mona & Di Gio Bridal...

I think my size is UK 20(waist 45? UK 20 correct?) haha..

My Dream Wedding-Their gown I feel was reallie so-so, though some of the comments said that their gown is nice and i feels tt the package is a little steep..

Bridal Concept - Great Service & veri experience, gown and comments all is not bad, but i feels tt the gown is more for slim girl...

Di Gio & Rico-a-Mona - they are sister company. Di Gio got a very huge collection of gown. from slim to plus sized.. I try the gown till dunno which one to use on my actual day and their pricing is real competitive with the others.. I was being served by Elson(Make up Artist) & May, and they are great, they listen and is veri helpful and most impt is that they are veri experience... Digio webbie- www.digiobridal.com

binary

vivjass: sorry for MIA for quite sometime..
thks for the reco on TA.. think i will look out for their wedding show.. when is ur AD? have you taken ur PS already?

pebblex : sorry for MIA for quite sometime..
Congrat on yuor new born!! which BS were u with? point noted.. i really hve intention to choose one with off shoulder strap.. haha..

will halter neck make us have a broader shoulder?

yaya: can you share with us your PS with Bridal Zone? when is your AD?

geravin: can you share with us your PS with Bridal Concept? when is your AD?

Felicia Tan: so which BS have you shortlisted or have you sign up with? when is your AD?

my email: evelyn2501[AT]gmail.com

feliciatan

Hi Binary,

I have signed up with DiGio, I feels that their gown is veri nice. The service from the staff Elson & May is not bad too, but personally I feels that Elson is more friendly and I trust his taste as all the gown he let me try reallie suits me. Most important is that they got gown which i can fit in(I am UK 20).. =)

pebblex

binary: Thanks... Guess you have been busy with wedding prep. I was with Signoria Nuziale. Also tried on gowns at Jazreel Low Bridal and Bliss Bridal before I decided on my package. Halter neck gowns may highlight broad shoulders but they may also bring out sloping shoulders. Suggest you try out different styles before you select those that you want to use. At times, a gown may look weird or "not you" at a glance but you'll find that it looks good after trying it on so keep your mind open and try on as many as you can manage to (it gets tiring after awhile cos the gowns are heavy).

binary

Felicia & Pebblex,

Thanks for sharing..
busy with Pre-CNY preparation..

Do you mind sharing your photo with me, or add me to your FB to view ur photo?

how i wish there is road show for plus size bride.. haha..
To display their gown and to show how plus size bride PS can be taken well..

You can PM me your FB addr..

miemie

Hi ladies,

Can someone advice me on my size?

Currently, I'm 28-29 on waist / L on pants*. And Im standing at 156cm / 52kg.

Pls share with me your views & advices.

Need help badly! Do they have such gowns can fit me good?

houseoflove

Hey, any brides here thinking of MTM wedding gowns can try this online bridal shop..saw as where L.H.W ordered but they upgraded from blogspot... http://www.elasdress.com/
pretty tempted to order my AD gown there..looks lovely and reviews are pretty good..

asyak

Hi ladies!! I'm a plus sized too! Just taken my PS and selected my pics yday.. Although I look big in e pics but they r nice! BS doing Photoshop editing will only get the softcopy in May.. Can't wait to get them!!

Anyone could share with mi ur photos too?
happy.gif
can add mi in FB or email mi? When got mine will share too
happy.gif
[email protected]

asyak

I'm collecting my photo on 8th may.. Will share once got them!!
happy.gif
but they r after Photoshop edit so will 'slim' abit :p

houseoflove

Felicia: hmm Di Gio's gowns are not bad..from those i tried...tried 4 gowns in all..but i have yet to see anything i really really like except for a tulle gown tat i tried on, but it doesn't fit me very well though..so most likely i might go for mtm...mine is an AD package. =)

on a sidenote, any gals wanna take up this offer?

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/S55-FOR-12-Training-Sessions-at-Rebel-Boot-Camp

Bootcamp for 12 sessions!

I honestly wanted to..but aiyo the location is so far~!~~~

queenie82

Hi all!

I'm also plus sized (UK14-16)~ and will be having my wedding this Oct!

CK: I just came back from Taiwan for my PS. My BS is Ivy Brides in Taiwan~~~

For my AD, I just signed with Jess Haute Couture~