ACCOMODATION:TOKYO & OSAKA

s__h

Hi Serene and SZ,

you all use the Accor voucher right ?
Can use 2 voucher for 2 nights consecutively ?

Serene, got take pict or not? Can email them to me ?

thanks

sereneli

Hi S&H,

Got got! pictures are sent but files are kinda huge as I haven't resize them
sad.gif

berries_irene

Hi Serene,
did u make your booking with the voucher individually via the website? As in book 1 room at 1 transaction? I was unable to book 2 rms in 1 booking, thus, i called up and they said that vouchers can only be used for 1 night, 2nd night must pay.. So weird.

babetan

Hi I am planning a F&E trip to tokyo nxt mth. Am looking for a tatami (jap style) hotel rm budget below $200 per nite - twin rm) location preferably around shinjuku or disneyland area.

any suggestions??

Thanks

cjloh

I have one ASA holiday travel voucher worth S$3400 but selling at S$3200. Expiry date is 4-9-2009.

Terms and Conditions
1) Prize redemption is subjected to full payment by sponsor
2) Original voucher must be presented and surrendered upon booking
3) Extension of validity is not permitted unless specified by sponsor in writing. An administrative fee of S$100 will be imposed in addition to any applicable extension surcharges imposed by airline and/or land suppliers, if any
4) It is exchangeable for any air ticket, hotel and/or tour package of higher value with the price differential to be borne by the winner
5) It is valid for travel with Air Sino-Euro Associates Travel Pte Ltd and is not endorsable to other agents
6) It is non-transferable unless specified by winner on a duly signed letter of authorisation
7) It is non-exchangeable for cash
8) It excludes high season surcharges, taxes, visa fees, travel insurance and other personal expenses
9) We reserve the right to alter the term and conditions
10) Booking must be made at least one month in advance and is subjected to seat / room availability and tour terms and conditions as specified in the brochure
11) No replacement for loss of voucher

Cash or bank transfer to my account. Interested parties, please email [email protected]. Self collect at Sengkang.

pinky08

i been to Osaka and Tokyo in Aug. Personally i think Osaka is so much more fun.. shopping is good (within budget) and accommodation is cheaper. Highly recommend you to stay in Cross Hotel, Osaka.

For tokyo, i think the stuffs are pretty expensive and i didnt buy much things there..

snow04

As I have cancel my japan trip, I have a few accor voucher for sale @135 per voucher (room only), also a 2N stay at sheraton tokyo bay (with breakfast) at $350.

pinjie8275

Hi pinkyme,

Thanks a lot for your advice! (^_^)

Hi EOng,

I just emailed u. Would very much appreciate it if you could reply me ASAP. Thanks!

heartygal

anyone going there next april for the sakura season. I am not really into staying at the normal hotels. Instead, I am trying to look for inns that looks like japanese house.. any recommendations? tq tq

babyface84

hmmm.. me thinking of free and easy too.. but I scare those japanese is far from the city area and taking taxi in japan I heard is very exp leh.):

sereneli

try Hotel Il Cuore at the Namba area. Very near to the train station and sightseing places.
Stayed there for 4 nights last Mar'08.
happy.gif

kittylovers

Hi, I'm looking for cheap accomodation in Tokyo. Saw you all using Accor Vouchers but it seems complicated to me
happy.gif

Any kind soul can guide me how to plan my Tokyo F&E?! Arigato

jerlynn

babykhoo,

Can you email me a copy of ur F&E itinerary? not sure if you still come into this thread but if you do, thanks in advance

jj_autumn

Jas - how many days are you going to Tokyo, and how many of you? F&E? >> Shopping or plus sight-seeing? First time?

janfeb

Hi, I am keen to take up the accor membership for 2 nights stay. How can I use the voucher for 2 consecutive nights stay? Also, is it a room for 2 persons? Pls pm me. Thks.

hi, juz wana share that i bought my f&e package from zuji..

taking nw airlines and staying in shinjuku sunroute hotel 6d5n for $1820, think now is even cheaper. and i got a pair of free airport limousine bus transfer tickets tats worth ard S$90+..

i think its a reali good deal if you wan f&e package...

domo

all> Hi, im planning for my honeymoon to go japan in Oct. intend to F&E. wanan to visit Tokyo and the one more city.

Any suggestions?
Any cheap n nice hotels to recommend?
Any itinerary to share?

FYI: this is our first time to japan.

pinjie8275

The Spa World in Osaka is a nice place to stay and relax. Though the price might be a bit higher than other hotels, it's still worth as the entrance fee to the hot spring theme park is included. =)

gsh

Hi, have below offer to sell off. Can contact me @ [email protected] for below or other enquiries for jpn hotel.

HOTEL: SUNROUTE PLAZA SHINJUKU
ADDRESS: 2-3-1 YOYOGI SHIBUYA TOKYO 151-0053
PERIOD: 27 - 30 JANUARY 2010
PRICE: SGD480/- (NO BREAKFAST INCLUDED, STRICTLY ROOM ONLY)

chipydale

i recommend to buy the accor membership and use the free nites for both location. The hotels are located in a good position and it's worth it.

chipydale

you can try searching it under their web, "Accor Advantage Plus".

It's a hotel membership for a year @ $288 and you'll be given 2 nights free accomodation at any of the accor group of hotels worldwide.

But I think u cant use both nights in similar hotel ... For me, I bought 2 membership so i use the 1 complimentary night from each membership for my stay in Tokyo & Osaka respectively.

B4 you book, check the current rate for the room first. If it's cheaper than the voucher, then pay for the cheaper 1 and keep the voucher for other part of your tour.

pinjie8275

SpaWorld. Good relaxing hot spring resort right in the middle of Osaka. Convenient base for exploring Kobe, Nara and Kyoto.

candycandy001

Mine to share, I am departing in April. but schedule hasnt fixed (haven booked hotel also, ha^^). Planned to add Kamogawa Sea World also.

(ps: this is more on Anime trip)

Day 1 Arrived hotel @ Shinjuku station (新宿駅)
Rest a while depart to Harajuku station (原宿駅, JR Yamanote Line, 2 stops away)
Harajuku Daiso, Takeshita Street, Meiji Shrine, Yoshinoya
Square Enix Showcase (Shinjuku station, 11:00am - 7:00pm)

Day 2 Disneyland/sea
(by coach)

Day 3 Tokyo morning A010
Pick up ard 8am --> Tokyo Tower Observatory (40min) --> Imperial Palace Plaza (15min) --> Asakusa Kannon Temple & Nakamise Shopping Arcade (40min) --> Ueno (drive through) --> Disband at Akihabara or Tokyo station (5,000yen = S$78; 9am - 12.20pm)
Gundam café Akihabara (秋葉原, JR Yamanote Line, 10:30 – 23:00) &/or maid café
Hotel
Sunshine Square & Animate Souvenirs Ikebakuro (池袋駅, JR Yamanote Line)
Optional: Parco, MetroPlaza,Mujirushi, Loft in Sebu Deptment Store,Unikuro,OIOI (Ikebakuro)

Day 4 Ghibli Museum Mitaka station (三鷹駅, JR Chuo Sobu Line (local/rapid), 10:00 - 18:00, close on Tue)Nakano Broadway Nakano station (中野駅, JR Chuo Line, 3 stops from Shinjuku, 5min)
Hotel
Shibuya station (渋谷駅, JR Yamanote Line, 3 stops south from Shinjuku)

Day 5 Bandai Museum Matsudo Station (æ¾æˆ¸é§…, JR Joban Line, 10.30AM – 4.30PM, daily)Ueno Zoo Ueno station (上野駅, JR Yamanote Line, 9am-5pm)
Hotel
Shiokaze Park (潮風公園), Giant Gundam Daiba Station (å°å ´é§…, Yurikamome Line)

Day 6 F&E until check out

pantieileen

Do a picnic at Shinjuku Gyoen (National Park) for cherry blossom viewing. entrance fee i think is 200 or 300yen. Bring you own food, picnic mat, book and blanket. Sometimes i just take a nap in the park for the afternoon.

The trees lining the Yakusa (war shrine) will also have beautiful cherry blossom for viewing. Not advisable for taking a nap but there'll be cute little japanese students wearing their uniform and cute little iconic leather school bags for random photoshoots in the afternoon (i think around 3-5pm). Their school bags is yellow.

Tsukiji fish market at 4am for tuna auction which is free then do a breakfast afterwards or sashimi for lunch.

Ueno park is also good for cherry blossom viewing during April. Oh this park can take a nap, read a book, sit and stare at the crowd during weekends.

I always book Citadines Shinjuku for the last 4trips i did last year. Not near the JR line but near the red line. Actually doesn't really matter what line you are near. JR or Tokyo line if you interchange just extra $6 per couple per trip. It adds up but i don't really care.

Ginza on sunday where the streets are close. But truth is i prefer walking down Ginza on a weekday. It has more of a 5th Ave feel in NYC rather than streets without cars.

I find that Tokyo like NYC is a city that one can never finish exploring. There's always something new that you fail to discover in every trip and every new discovery is a surprise.

Oh for anime, there's a comic store somewhere in Shibuya that sells vintage toys, limited edition or old comics. Sorry i don't remember the name of the shop but i know how to get there...haha

I think your itinerary is missing otemosando with trees lined up like in Paris. This should be in your Day 1 itinerary. Just opposite Meiji Shrine (main entrance), walk backwards down. You'll see a big junction with overhead bridge. You'll see Gap, Zara, Forever 21, H&M. Oh there's a Toyland which has moved in the inner streets (there should be someone there with a signboard to guide you to Toyland if you are interested).

Actually i find that your schedule is alittle ambitious haha. Perhaps i'm too lazy, i normally wake up at 1pm, in time for set lunch and laze through Tokyo.

Some cute finds in Tokyo for souvenirs you can't get in singapore would be men or women's hanky from Burberry, DKNY, CK, etc about 900yen each or $16sgd. Classy gifts for directors.

candycandy001

eileen fu (pantieileen) > You are so lihai... Thanks for your information.. Maybe this is my 1st time to go Tokyo (n I dont think will have many chances in future) so I planned it quite pack. But after the experience with my hubby last time in Taipei, I knew we definately need time to go hotel rest in the afternoon, bcos lack of energy, ha^^ (old liao)