A sharing thread: SG vs Taiwan vs JB photoshoot

trafford

Hi,
hope that i can contribute oso..
#1. Which one of the above have you chosen / are you inclined to choose and why?
JB, cheaper as compare to SG and convenient as compare to other country i.e Taiwan, Hong Kong etc

#2. Which bridal shop / PG and why?
Printemps, saw their sample album and like the pics and the layout. and partly cos of the lady who served me who became my co ordinator

#3. Satisfied / not satisfied?
Satisfied, loved the outdoor shoots, something different..

peusecret

I did my shot at Malaysia and Bali, and then when I brought my album back from Malaysia, Woodlands custom actually tax me.. So end up I have to pay tax.. so have to be careful.

I don't have problem with my Bali album, cause the BS engaged DHL to deliver the album to me.

By the way, I am satisfied with my albums taken in Bali and Malaysia.

peusecret

They taxed me 7% of the package,

if your album is RM4000 = $1668, after $300 tax relief, then you need to pay 7% of $1338, which is $93.66..

it is still cheaper than SG =x

but there is a way to "SIAM" the tax, which is dont bring your gown or the 床头照 back.

The officer spotted me cause we brought back the 床头照, haha.. it is too big!

icycool

hi, w3n,

which jb studio u go to?
how much is ur indoor package?
i also intend to take at jb for their indoor shooting + AD gowns

yifeng

I would recommend venus at taman sentosa..

Personally, I had my PS at Superstar, city square mall..
Everything is not to standard & the MUA have attitude problems.. So, please take note of MUA when visiting the BS..

xiao_xiao_bai

Same question for me...for those we took up overseas package, how did you guys managed to find the AD package in SG/ JB?

Any recommendation? Seems like the only way is to get the entire package with pre-wedding shooting again for AD which my HTB and I are quite reluctant to. =(

pinjie8275

Heard that SG Bridal is coming to Singapore to participate in a bridal fair on 11 April till 17 April at Orchard Central.

Those who interested can drop by to see what they are offering. Bridal photos are usually taken once in a lifetime hence has to take your time to choose your service provider carefully. Quality should be your main concern. Prices are all almost the same ones. Do be wary if you are being offered very low price. As the saying goes 'yi fen qian, yi fen huo'.

A good service provider such as SG Bridal not only create quality work, it also create beautiful memories of the shooting process. Just visit the thread on SG Bridal and u will find many satisfied old and existing customers.

Just to clarify in case I sound like a advertiser.... Hehehe... I am just another satisfied customer who hope to share my experience with SG Bridal. :)

Hi there, fables and venus are under the same boss and they focus on different market. The same goes for BNY and printemps.
happy.gif

chewy29

i realize no one mention about this BS in JB called Perfect Wedding (法国å°åŒ—)

well, i signed mine there, the lady that attended to me i very nice.. her name is Eunice (as on her namecard) and we call her 欣喜, very patient and nice to talk to lady, and very young too..

I went there before my wedding, to rent a ROM dress. they rent me a very classy dress, abit more than simple but less than exaggerating. cos imma plus-size bride, for a very nice ROM dress, it's actually hard to find.. if u like, u may view my photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150361924414657.418669.700014656&l=616dc44cff
the dress is short from the front and extend to above calves at the back=) love it.

btw, the PS package i signed for is the 2nd to most expensive< RM4288, managed to bargain it to RM3888=) it includes:

1 AD white gown
2 Evening colored gowns
2 Groom suit &amp; pants
1 car decor
1 fresh flower hand bouquet
7 gowns for indoor+outdoor photoshoot
1 X-large bedtop photo
2 table-top photo(frame can choose)
1 X-large hard cover album(can choose album cover) includes 30 poses and 20pages(without break-line between pages) managed to bargain til 35 poses.
1 signature guestbook with selected photo.
100 4R prints for giving away
1 CDR with all selected(35) poses with full editing

that shuld be all if im not wrong.. will be going down for gown fitting next week.. will update again if i have the time=))

patchy

Hi Stargazzing,

how was your photoshoot in HK and for the AD as well?
I am thinking of going there too.

Care to share on the package you paid and the overall experience?

my email add is [email protected]

Thanks!

march0311

HI Chew Yeng, how is ur gown fitting? do they ve many variety? i am almost the same size as you so i am concern with i will ve choices to select. is there pics for viewing? thanks!

chantelkoh

Hi Ladies, I've got a package w BlueBay to let go. Can't make it due to time constraints, really a waste
sad.gif
I managed to bargain alot of good deals. PM if interested, I bet you won't regret taking up my pacakge!

hengheng11

#1. Will be gng TW for my photoshoot. Did not actually planned to go for overseas photoshoot but a deal came along so we decided on it.
#2. Blvgari.
#3. Not sure yet. Will update when I am back. Will be leaving for TW next week. =)

Currently, now quite stressed over finding gowns for the AD. For those who took overseas photoshoot, may I know which BS do u all go to in Singapore? I am open to JB as well. If you all dun mind, could you all either PM mi or email mi at [email protected]. Thank you very much!

Also, Chew Yeng, may I know where is 'Perfect Wedding' in JB? Would like to check it out.

weiqi

1) I chose Taiwan for my pre-wedding photoshoot. Nice scenery, good food, good price. Well maybe not after you add in hotel and airfair but I wanted to go there for touring anyway. So photoshoot is just like an add on.

2) I'm with Bvlgari. Well they're a new shop I heard so I think they will try to work harder to attract more people. The lady I spoke with is also super helpful and nice that is why I agreed to it. But I've seen a lot of other taiwan ones. They should all be pretty nice people. My package cost me around only 2k, and it includes all transportation for locations and makeup artist for 3 different looks. Comparing this to Singapore packages, one day like this would easily come around 2.8k. A friend of mine even got it near 4.5k!

For my AD I chose kelly at kellysbridals.com because she was my makeup artist for my company event and I really enjoy her enthusiasm as well as my make over. So when she shared with me that she also got wedding gowns for rental as well as photographer to offer a whole package, I was trilled. Her entire package for my AD including whole day worth of photography, all photos backs, plus 150best edited, simple album and follow-me-anywhere makeup plus 3 gowns, trial, makeup for my moms oh and accessories only cost me 1.45k. Best value for money I've found after checking it all out in this forum and other several ones. Her price for packages might even beat Taiwan or JB ones.

3) Taiwan shoot: I'm planning to go around August due to the breezy weather so cant commend much. But so far so good, I've emailed Bvlgari on the dates and everything. They seemed to have really good photos so I'm excited!!

As for my AD, of course not yet, but it'd be December this year. I've already chose my wedding gowns, they're really pretty. Won't lose out to bigger boutiques. Also had my trial done. So I'm just waiting for the actual day to meet the photographer and hopefully everything turns out great!

tingting_86

Hi girls, anyone wanna sign up with blue bay?
I've got voucher for additional 6 pics for main album.
Pls PM mi for details. Only applicable for new signups.

marsdec6

Hi, We have put a deposit of $406.60 for My Dream Wedding Package however, my wife is unable to find a gown that suits her. Therefore, we hope to find someone who is interested to know more about the package and willing to buy over from us. We will not want you to follow our footstep so before you buy over from us i want to make sure you have tried and like the gown. Please let me know if you are keen. ([email protected])

free2dream

Hi Jean yeo wei qi (weiqi), Can I know if you have seen the gowns at kellysbridals.com? Maybe you can share with us more? I have asked quotation for kellysbridals.com and i can feel her sincerity.

nicoleyao

Hi all,

#1. I've chosen Taiwan. Thinking of going there for tour after photoshoot during that time when I signed the package. However, I've now regretted as the package does not include AD. And it becomes very costly as compared to JB.

#2. Mikan Studio in Taipei. Liu Sir was my PG. I did not do research before signing this pre-wedding photoshoot and they were promoting in SG in one of the shopping centre. So I just signed this package under impulsion.

#3. Satisfactory. The scenery was good. MUA (Xiao Yun sis) and PG (Liu Sir) were considered as professionals. However, it was raining whole day during our photoshoot, if I were to signed it in JB or SG, I could have re-arrange another date to take the photoshoot. We had to continue to smile under the rain -.-". Anyway, the schedule was a little rush for a tour. And please note that the after-service (editing photos) will be quite tough as it will only be communicated in emails. I am happy with their services during the photoshoot, they are really nice people and even treat us local snacks and dinner.

Overall I am happy but it's abit costly ended up spending S$4200 just for my pre-wedding photoshoot and now have to spend another S$1.5 - 2k for my AD. =(

sherylicious87

Hi every1..

Recently, bf and I went to JB's fables bridal studio...
The package they gave us was good... We spent $4000RM there... Deposit $1000RM 1st.. when we hv our 1st shoot, we pay another $2500RM. When choose pic, the last $500RM..

We chose fables bcos of the way the pictures were taken. And we were able to choose 3outdoor shoots.. Kota Tinggi, Desaru and JB local attraction.

Will update in NOV when we do our shoot again.. =)

xuefenn

Hey pretty brides to be! I just put a deposit of 500 for a package at dream wedding partner w Taiwan blvgari. The AD package quote is 1880 for:
1. Gown
2. Evening gown
3. Kua or evening gown
4. Flower
5. Bridal car deco
6. 2 sets accessories
7. 2 sets corsages

If wan add mua is only for bride 580. If wan add photographer for AD is 1580.

Is it too ex? Usually what other free throw ins r offered? Any recommendation fort good and cheap AD package?

My email [email protected]

Thanks lots!!