I see a lot of Man U fan and also a lot of sour grapes.
Man-U lost to a superior Milan team. Fullstop. Face the fact. Even if Man-U lost to a lousy team, it is still a fact and we have to face it. It makes no sense to talk about who deserves to be in the finals.
Milan was a cheat in the Italian league. It was not proven but the phone tapping was there. OK, they were penalized. But did they cheat in the European games, and did they cheat Man-U? They have 6 European titles (the most after Real Madrid), and if they don't deserve to be there, I doubt I can find a more deserving team this season.
And please also don't talk about CL being for the champions. We all know the rules. If CL is for the champions only, then Man-U won't be in CL this season and won't reach the semi-finals because last season, they are not EPL champions.
You guys liked to talk about the moaning chelsea but you guys are behaving exactly like them.
Liverpool, for all its shortcomings in the EPL deserves to be on the way to Athens. They eliminated reigning champions Barcelona and they despatched current EPL champions Chelsea. Liverpool won not because they are a superior team to Barcelona or Chelsea but because their manager adopted the right tactics. They played beyond their means to reach the finals.
So, let's give the 2 finalists the credit they deserved. Between them they have 11 European titles and I believe it will be a great match in Athens. Milan will be the favorite but Liverpool will relish in being the underdog. I believe that Milan will prevail unless Liverpool can again play beyond themselves. Let's hope that the better team will win.
Just for those who are still hung up about non-champions being in CL. If CL is about only the league champions, then Man-U will not even win the 1999 CL because during the 1997/1998 season, they finished runners-up to Arsenal.
So guys, don't be such a sour grape. I can understand the disappointment when your favorite team lost. But Man-U lost to a very good Milan team - no shame. Support your team by all means but give credit to other team when credit is due. Don't behave like Chelsea and moan and moan.
By the way, I have played and watched soccer for close to 40 years and I don't owe my allegiance to any particular team.