A Meeting place for all Plus Size Brides

fat_fat_79

Hi Michelle

I think Im the most KS around here. My AD is at 07 March 2009. That is about 18 months later. But according to some fengshui master, 2008 is not a good year for me and my FH. so have to take this date (almost cry when my MIL insisted that we take this date) hahahhahahahaha.

I think I'm wearing size 14 to 18 from DP. I'm very stress over the wedding even thought my AD is so much later. Errrr. At first me and my FH budgeted to spend around 30K or less with the banquet. But now with all the increasing of prices, I think we have to save another 10K more liao.
sad.gif

Anyway, I'm a very lazy bride when its comes to choosing BS. I just ask around my friends first. Confirmed about 10 BS shop. Then I just go to the BS to look at the range of WG that have cause some BS may not have a wide range for plus size brides. Then I look at the packages. Most importantly, you must be comfortable with their service.

If you are still looking for BS, I wish to recommand My Bridal Room (opp Bugis Junction) to you. Service is really good. Not very pushy! The lady that serves me even let me try on some of the WG and offer some advises. But a little pricy compare to other BS la.

mixue79

Hi Chimes,

Thanks for the URL. Will take a look and participate in the discussion =)

Btw I walked past a shop (Attitude) in Marina Sq #02-232r yest.......nearer to GV side, it carries plus size fashion @ much affordable prices than Dorothy Perkins or Mark & Spencer. The designs are nice too. The two shop owners, Linda and Joanne are very warm and offer good services, they even helped me to sew two small silver button studs on my top. U guys can check it out one week later when free cos they hv new stocks coming in now and then.

Sizes
-------
Tops (size 40-50, L-5L)
Bottoms (sizes 30-40 inches, XL-6L)

Cheers,
Michelle

tingtingz

Hi girls,

I'm so sad....I jst saw my ROM pictures..They turn out really bad..*sob sob* I look ugly! Like a big round meat ball! So sad...

No wonder my mil was commenting that my hubby's aunties were asking why i'm so fat while all my sisters are skinny. Well..it's not as if i want myself to be fat, i'm like that since young. I can't help being fat and different from my sisters. Life's so unfair... all came out frm the same factory but why 3 other sisters are skinny type and i'm the only odd one out??

taime81

Care to share yr photo tingz?

Btw, i look for a white shirt urgently to wear under my convacation gown. Any idea where i can get it? Hopefully something budget cause i do not wear white...so just buy to wear under the gown once only... Hai... Me ard Uk 14-16

jengcc

tingz..
i also like that.. all my 3 sis so pettie n skinny heaviest only 45kg n i'm like that big fatty since young..
since young oredi kenna say n talk abt till i got sick n tired n decide not to bother abt wat others say..
wats the pt of being skinny but weak?
jus b urself.. b happy n confident!
cheers!

fat_fat_79

Hi Tingz

Me too!! I also ask my mum how come give the best genes to my elder sister and my younger sis.
Both my sis are about 40kg while me 70Kg
sad.gif

My sis's bf always call me army tank. ;(

My MIL also commented I'm too fat for her son.
But I always tell myself that althought I'm fat
but her only son (my FH) love me the way I am
and I will still be a fat and pretty bride hahahahahahaha
happy.gif

tingtingz

Hi Charmaine, it's really ugly..i rather not share..sorry.

JL & ZZ, fat_fat79,
Thanks...it warms my heart abit. I, too always consoled my buddy who's bigger than me whenever she's down. But when it happens to me, those words i've said to her doesn't seems to work for me.

Anyway i guess it's my mentality that needs to change as i can't please everybody in the world. As long as my husband loves me for who i am will be more than sufficient rite?

jasyeo80

Tingz, cheer up, not we are big size, it when the small one stand beside up, we become big. I too got two sisters that are skinny. As long as we present ourselves with confident. But the only time my confident drop is when I can't grad a dress anytime i want. cheer: :p

cutienottikitty

hey girls... dun be despair abt ur figure or weight... i am also a plus size bride... was very sad when i could not fit into my EG... my heart literally shattered when my designer told me even if they let all the cloth out i will not be able to fit...

so the advice here is to get MTM WG & EG..i only got WG but not EG...so if i can't fit into any OTR gowns i got to MTM and top up....

i 1st tried my EG in april 07... around 18-20 april... took my measurements for my wg on 18 mar 07...i was really upset...and tried to control my diet...

in jun, 1 mth b4 my ps, i went to try my gown...and the EG fits!!! it's tight but it fits!!! and my WG had to be altered smaller...

during my PS in jul... my arms are still the problem area... so just try to tone...

on sun 14 oct... my EG had to be taken in... my WG was loose around the waist area...

coming this sat will be my wedding... so if i can fit into my gowns, i'm sure any of u girls can too...have confident... cos u r the one carrying and wearing the gown.... i even got commented by another designer that I walk like a model, carry my gown very well, turning very well in my gown etc...

so girls...dun be despair... have confident..and do not listen to other pple's comment... cos it's just human to bring other pple's confidence level down..jsut ignore and u will do well..ok????

fat_fat_79

Hi Cutie

Wow your Big day is just 2days away. So exciting!!
Can share with me you BS PS??? Which BS did you go to? Which PG or VG did you engage for your AD??

Hahaha I feel all nervous for you. hahahahha

elovediary

HI girls... I am a Plus size Bride too! heee... married in 2005 and balloon from Sz12-14 to now Sz 16-18 after baby!

Will love to join u all for shopping! Tours also good!
happy.gif
PM me if wan to link up in friendster
happy.gif

mixue79

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some designs for my MTM WG & EG.
Hope u guys can share some ideas, photos or webbies that have lovely gowns for plus size brides.

email me - [email protected]

Many thanks,
Michelle
happy.gif

belbel

Hi All, I'm new here. I'm also a plus size bride to be. Have not decided on the wedding day but should be end of 2008. Ladies do you all have problems when looking for gowns in BS? I'm starting to worry as I'll be sourcing for BS in these couple of weeks. How mux money do you all hv ready for wedding preps? 20K not enuff right?

fat_fat_79

Hi Baleno

20K incl dinner? It really depend on what you want and no of guest. I have set my budget as dinner est. about 25K as Im getting about 30tables And the rest I will try to keep it as 10K to 15K incl BS.

I would like to ask if we must have a theme for the wedding? I have been thinking about what theme to have but cant thought of anything that is special. Any sugguestion?

mixue79

Hi ladies,

Jus an update - my hubby & I had finally signed up with a bridal studio located near Parkway.

It is recommended by my gd fren cos her cousin owned it. It is just a small studio, not a famous one.....but Celine - her cousin, the bridal studio owner and her younger sis are the gown designers. They are very warm and friendly. They always try their best to accommodate our requests.

All stuffs that they gave us in our package will easily cost much more elsewhere cos all these require top up.....but they only charge us the cost of the bridal package - $4988.

My hubby and I are very grateful to them so we would like to share more abt their bridal studio with everyone here....

Our Bridal Package -
1. 1x WG, EG & Outdoor gown (all MTM to cover kelliod scars on my chest)
2. 1x free rental of Kua (no tea dress cos my Outdoor gown already MTM)
3. 2x Groom's suits
4. 1x MTM pants for Groom to keep
5. Both Father's suits
6. 1x Mother in law's gown (MTM if no suitable gown) with AD makeup for Mother in law
7. 2x Fresh bouquets for AD & PS
8. Jaguar with chauffeur and petrol
9. Decorations for bridal car & 4 accompanying cars
10. AD Makeup (morn & eve)
11. Indoor photoshoot makeup - 6 outfits (WG, EG, OG, Kua, Korean, Jap) & one optional HK Sch Uniform for Bride if we manage to purchase, Groom can wear black suit with Mandarin colar for the guy's version of HK High Sch Uniform
12. Special request for some of the photos of our Indoor photoshoot to include both my Father & Mother in law.
13. Transport for outdoor PS (Groom drives)
14. 3 Outdoor locations + Night shoot
15. 80 shoots for albums (no need to top up)
16. 1x 18R album - 32pgs (no lines in btwn pages)
17. 1x 15R album - 32pgs (no lines in btwn pages)
18. Magazine style with digital effects - all different photos for both albums
19. 1x mini 5R album
20. 1x 3-in-1 horizontal photo with frame
21. 1x table top
22. Wedding Montage of all selected photos in albums and our childhood & couple photos
23. All selected and non-selected photos will be returned in CD-ROM

charma97

Hi all,

I am a plus size bride to be in Nov 08.

Just wondering if anyone of you can share with me what kind of gowns u wear?

jazzy_chimes

hi charma97, im also a plus size BTB in Nov 08
happy.gif

Which BS did you sign up?
My coordinator advised that plus sized ladies will look best in bustier or tube gowns

mixue79

Hi Carebear,
It's the bridal studio owned by my fren's cousin.
I will be going for my 1st fitting some time next Mar 08.....u wanna come and see?

mixue79

Dear all,

Just saw a similar thread by another lady somewhere. So thot of writing one here....

Wonder if any kind souls doing spring cleaning and have plus size clothes or shoes in size 7 or 8 to give away? Would love to have them if u dun mind.

Appreciate anything from L to XL or XXL size tops, dress, skirts, pants or jeans in 32 or 34.

Not fussy in terms of design or condition, as long as in usable, good condition.

Will self collect at a convenient mrt station.

Will also share with other ladies if the cutting/ sizes are not suitable.

Kindly drop a PM.

Thanks very much in advance =p

janice1980

Hi Dear all,

I am a plus size bride in Jun08 also... manage to find OTR wedding gowns... and finished my photo shoots successfully.. Be confident!
happy.gif

bbbs

i'm a plus size bride too. Sadly!!! my chinese customery is over and im looking forward to my decemeber wedding. I had a hard time during tea ceromany. my SO's relatives keep staring at me.. never see a pig b4 issit? wah lao... my mum jus sent me for detox and slimming.. and i hope to make it in time for my dec wedding bash. ( i chose to do chinese customery first, becuz fortune teller says so lah), the important one is dec lor...
sad.gif
when is the best time shd we do up the bridal gown? i dun need any photoshoot at the moment

cutiephinphin

hey gals

I'm not sure what happened but I am suddenly not receiving email notifications of the posts i'm interested in. And it seems that the previous threads are missing so I'm unable to catch up le.

pigpig_61

hi all plus size bride!!!

I'm a plus size bride too..now having trouble to slim down my fabbly big arms...

Do feel free to ask me out if you gals are organising any outing. (",) My email is [email protected]

jazzy_chimes

hi christina, maybe u would wanna join us at the plus size thread over at the Bridal Services and Boutiques forum instead, more postings there

bonkersj

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can help me with this advice.
I'm around size UK18-20 I've got a wedding to attend in a couple of months and i'm looking at wearing a long evening dress (not too formal not to casual).
Don't know which style would suit. tube top style or v-low neck style or halter type of dress? Help! Which would suit more? well i can say for me i've got huge bust for my size =) plus not so flattering arms.
Would like a flowy dress that don't show the tummy area.

or anyone knows where i can get a dress which is not expensive type?

yumizu

Hi gals, i was a plus size gal,I've got flabby arms n big hips..n it brought me several heartaches..so i decided to slim down.But I believe slimming the healthy way. For me, I simply hate exercising..hee.. I took a liquid diet for 3 mths n lost abt 8kg.
I took a herbal tea that removes all the unwanted oil n toxins in my body for 3mths too. AFter lunch I go back office dun feel like slpin anymore! Super energetic! though..ya..first 1-2 weeks keeps gg toilet la..but after that not that much le.hee.. So happi wif myself now.haha.Thats for myself la. Dis thing can personalized de.Hehe
oh ya! Im usin Herbalife. If u wanna noe more can contact me at [email protected]

jazzy_chimes

Hi Jami,

You might want to try this brand "The Station" available in Robinsons, they carry dresses up to UK size 20. I used to be a size 18 and I used to get my dresses there. U might want to check out Dorothy Perkins too, sometimes, they have nice dresses for parties.

moshengren

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread and I'm a plus sized bride too! I've just placed a deposit at Blush Blush, who does MTM gowns. Hope it will turn out well!

msb

hello all, i haven't been to this forum in awhile i can't seem to find the thread and i'm kinda new to this whole forum thing still getting the hang of it.

last i remembered was getting advise for a bridal studio for a plus sized bride like myself, and i was on the verge of not even taking my bridal photos coz i was scared i will spoil the whole thing, well, just to keep you ladies in the loop, i have taken my bridal photos with a bridal studio which we picked from the bridal roadshow sometime last year its not so fantastic i guess when u see the raw photos, u see all the imperfections, and believe me my hubby did not need any DI at ALL! he's as perfect as can be. whereas me on the other hand, i needed the DI terribly! everywhere! my arms, double chin, spare tyres! OMG! its a disaster!

but just the other day we went back to the studio to see the recent DI photos, i was amazed at how i looked, but till the point it looked too fake! haha... but we have told them to improve on it, make me look the way i am but remove the slight imperfections here and there... phew... our wedding is this coming 20 sept! and time is passing by so fast and we haven't even finish our preparations.

jazzy_chimes

hi coraine, just saw your blog and saw your slimming success
happy.gif
hee ... great job! btw, how did u slim down your arms? I've got huge arms and though, I've lost abt 15kg in all but my arms don't seem to go down much