A Budget ROM? Any advice?

shhie

anybody noes where is carnival and co? I ran a google search on it and it gave me the cupcake site.

ivanka08

Check out Beach Culture @ Watercross near Pasir Ris Park. I will be having my solemnisation there next month.
happy.gif

www.beachculture.com.sg

ivanka08

Hi shhie,

It's a tea reception package...the package comes in 10 buffet dishes (4 types of hot savouries, 2 types of dimsum, and 4 types of sweets and pastries).

The actual price per pax is $25 but we decided to top up another $5 per pax for free flow of fruit punch so that makes it $30/pax. There are 5 different packages for Tea Reception menu that ye may opt from and they are ranging from $25 to $35. The rest of the packages include free flow of coffee and tea except menu A (which is the one that we chose). By the way, all prices are quoted Nett.

They also offer lunch or dinner menus (which they call 'Event Menus'). Those are ranging from $40/pax to $50/pax. Only three different packages are available for event menus I think.

My event will from 4pm to 7pm. These are the hours which we don’t have to pay for using their venue. Since I have about 100 paxs, they close the place for our event so no outsiders will be allowed. To me, even if they don’t restrict outsiders to come, I bet those customers themselves will feel awkward to lunch or dine there knowing that an event is going on. So if ye have less than 100 guests and they refuse to close the place for your event, ye may not have to mind much. If ye chose to hold yer event other than 4pm to 7pm, ye will have to pay for the venue rental which can be quite costly.

The details in their webbie are quite comprehensive, ye may wanna check it out www.beachculture.com.sg.

happy.gif

shhie

ok tks.. considering the event for my rom. When's ur event coming up? I went down to the place, and I tot nid to get decor on our own cos package not included.

ivanka08

Mine will be on the 18th next month and yers?

Yep..we will need to do the decoration on our own but I think it ain't much a hassle.

mickey08

<font color="aa00aa">Sorry all if you have PM me.. din got chance to log in or reply..

Hi Tsuifei,
I used purple sage, they did a buffet setup &amp;
ROM table for us.. But food was great! Ordered the Hi-Tea set, ard $12/pax. Got abt 100 pple turn out...
DECO by SAGE for buffet table:

982263.jpg

982264.jpg

982265.jpg

Table Set up for ROM:
982266.jpg

Here are some of the decos, the "HEARTs" decos brought by my GFs and they jus hang them up...
982267.jpg

982268.jpg

We wanted to put the ROM table outside the bungalow. (our back facing the GOLF course, great for photo taking!) but was drizzling... so we held indoor...
Also there is beach at the back, after ROM, can ask photographer to take photo at the beach.. Sure to be fun &amp; Great!

Hope these helps.. We spent 2 nites at NSRCC. Good if u got frens who are SAFRA/ Club member. Cheap.. the next day, hubby and me went Karaoke, Bowling, Swimming.. etc.. (jus relax &amp; chill out)

Ring Pillow: i forgot to get them from my bridal studio on the ROM day.. It was supposed to be provided by them.... So we jus use the ring box, but still look as great!

Note: Rem to hire good photograhper if u are not holding Wedding dinner..
Great moment to rem especially with good photograhper with photos tt turn out well. =)</font>

eneres_babe

I did mine at Raffles Country Club becos I'm taking my banquet there. They will set up a table and chairs and arch with decor. It's quite nice as it was on the balcony overlooking the whole lake and hills of greenery so the view was very nice. I had mine at 6.30pm so just nice. They will also arrange a small cocktail reception if you need and you can book tables for a cosy dinner after the ROM. They also have ala-carte buffet at $14.80 per pax for weekdays. My decor and etc was free so I only paid about $20 per pax nett for food and drinks. My food was 9 course dinner as I wanted it more classy. But the ala-carte buffet has all the variety of dishes. The balcony and "dining area" was in a nice separate section. The manager was very nice and helpful. It was perfect.
happy.gif

My ROM photographer only charged me a token amount for 5 hours, unlimited shots.
happy.gif
I can recommend if anyone wants.
happy.gif
Will try to share the photos after he finish editing.

Hi Serene, kindly send me your photographer info.. i am sourcing for 1. Mind sending me your pics for reference..

Thanks in advance.

kelneko

Hi there,

I am new here. I am really anxious as i will be helding my ROM on the 20 sept this yr and the time seems short. My bf wanted to be in chalet,as manage to get friends to ballet but don't kn if can get it.
sad.gif

Any advice pls out there for budget place if unable to get the chalet?

Thx

mighthero2

hi kelneok,

u keen to do it at Zhou Kitchen at anchorpoint?? coz i book the place on 20/09/2009 but currently need a bigger place.

mosquito

Kelneok, u interested to ROM on a yacht at sentosa cove? i bought a package last month, but due to some fengshui thingy, we got to change our rom date to next yr. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. the yacht package quite affordable.

bride09

Hi guys,

Just wanna share with you.
if you want to make it budget, can save on the little things too like ring pillow, pens, heels etc.
I rented mine from a shop.
ITs cheap and condition is good.end up saving yet at least the style is there...

www.weddingmisc.blogspot.com

eneres_babe

My budget venue was at Raffles Country Club. Shan Shui Palace. Very nice scenary and set-up (champagne and all). Most importantly, the food is very good. I think they have buffet lunch and dinner if I'm not wrong. Go check it out. Ask for the manager Ms Loke. She's very nice and helpful. I'm taking my wedding dinner there.
happy.gif

gck

Dear all,
I'm looking for some function room for my solemnisation ceremony followed by a simple meal for about 30 guests (can be a buffet or table). Any recommendations?

I've looked at GimTim Restaurants, Ban Heng Restaurant, Tunglok (sit-down menus: $388 per table) which exceeded budget $2000++. Thanks!

[email protected]

honeymouse

Hi all, i will b holding my ROM on 24 December 2011 (a chosen date by the elders so i cant change) and i am afraid that due to X'mas eve, it is gonna b difficult to book the venue. im on budget and tot of NSRCC (national service Resort and Country CLub) chalet. NSRCC can onli let outsiders book 5 months before the date while resort members can book 6 months in advance... im kiasu and scare cannot get the date i want coz of holiday... so will any kind soul (aka resort member) help me...! Thank You in advance...
email me at [email protected]

sylvial

Somewhere nice n good is your own new house cos ur friends n family members will get to have a look at your new house and have alot of ppl "step" in your house will "WANG WANG" your house too! heehee....

honeymouse

oh, i din get NSRCC... coz was too slow in booking the venue... all chalets were being booked within an hour the booking began...
My ROM venue changed to the Library instead... tot it's kinda special... :D
But now facing problem with catering coz it's x'mas eve... :D