A Budget ROM? Any advice?

dubdub

i also planning my rom now, we want to have it in july this year. Most likely we going to choose the teahouse under tung lok restaurant. The price is very reasonable

jany

well I have done some homework for my coming ROM too. Below are some info that I have gathered.

1) Noble House -
ambience good, can request for private room, good food, price wise depends on whether u taking their hi-tea buffet or normal lunch.

2) Grand Plaza Park Royal, Hua Yuan Restaurant -
Ambience not bad but private room for 10pax only, heard the food not bad, 68 types of food for ala cart buffet, price reasonable, think UOB card holders entitled to discount but have to check with the restaurant when the promotion ends.

3) Crystal Jade -
Ambience not bad, have private room, Good Food, price abit X.

4) Teochew City Seafood Restaurant
Ambience not bad, manager helpful, food good, price reasonable.

U might want to go down and take a look at the restaurant yourself. From my experience, sometimes what we read here might not be what we see for ourselves. It is good to go down and see the restaurant ourselves and talk to the mgr / staff. hehehehhe

coven

i vouched for first one!! heheheeh
biggrin.gif
coz mine was there!! we took the ala carte buffet as it was on a PH. this buffet thing only avail on wkends and PH. personally i like the food.

anyway, just go and taste the food especially u're gog for certain menu. wat we did then was to take their ala carte buffet lunch (the one we wanted) and found it was to our tastes. so we just confirmed them on the spot.

coven

hi jo,
its at UIC building at shenton way. opp DBS building, almost next to sg conference hall.

happybride

hi i vote for the 2nd one i had it there.

Dearie, It's me... That time i went, they put me in a corner, quite privant too. i had 5 tables, 2 were in their function room (opened up) 3 were in the restuanant. so it 'forms' a U-Shape. The manager will know how to arrange your guest tables

jany

Dear Happybride,

Nice to "see" you again. *hug*hug*
happy.gif

My fh n I went down to Hua Yuan and we like the place too. However, they are have a conference with 200 paxs on our ROM date. Thou they have agreed to give us a corner for our ROM, my fh was afraid that it might be too crowded and noisy for our Soleminsation.

I told my fh that we can go down and talk to them again and see where they are going to "put" us. So far we hv not gone down yet. hehehhe

happybride

oh call up the manager la, sure he will help... oh did i tell u the carpark can redemp too, just pass them the carpark ticket , them will stamp the tickets for u and u n ur guest can park for free

bei

Hi I'm a new member! Am planning to have my ROM this year too but now still thinking of the "Good Date", restuarant, BS which include ROM package and is there anything i miss out?

maiden78

hi everyone! hi <font color="0077aa">dearie</font>, hi <font color="ff0000">coven!</font>

i had my rom at gallery hotel which is at robertson quay n mine was a high tea reception.. if anyone interested can let me know

cheers!
happy.gif

maiden78

hi kenneth!

when is ur rom gonna b? gallery hotel in at muhd sultan road.. u wil know tat place if u club frequently... hehe... i hav a few pix to share but a bit blur.. u wan e rom package?

coven

yo gals!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
hi dearie &amp; maiden!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

dearie, heheh .. relax gal!!
biggrin.gif
dont get too excited till u dont get enough sleep wor ... :p

i had mine at noble hse (uic building, shenton way). no BS package. its all DIY. bought my gown from The Allure (Raffles city), shoes from cant recall where. photographer was my frenz-cum-freelancer.
happy.gif

eternity

hi maiden,

can you send me the pix of the gallery hotel? i'm looking for a place to hold a wedding party for friends.... is the view nice from gallery hotel?

maybe you can also share with me your rom package so that i can estimate the price range and see wat kind of food gallery offers....

my email is [email protected]

thanks....
happy.gif

suzanna

Hi all,

I have just solemnise my wedding last Sat 15 May at Merchant Court hotel.

Though its simple but it was really nice and quite affordable. We rent their small function room at the Market Cafe and their buffet lunch is $19.90+++ per pax.

Their staff are really friendly and they really try their best to fit into my budget. You will be surprised what you can find there.

I had about 36 guests and everything below $1K.

We receive many good feedback from all my friends about my ROM and their staff service is really great!

If you wish to know more, let me know and I can let you know the details

Hi,

I haven't book my ROM dates yet,quite a major headache.was intending to do ROM and customary together,like a theme beach or garden wedding,but kena turn down coz senior citizens 1ed a typical "yum seng" chinese restaurant/hotel type wedding.(must be indoor somemore)now decided to give in to their style for the customary but would like an al fresco solemnisation.Looking at $2k max,prob is that my fh and my immediate family abt 100pax!!!
sad.gif
any ideas??

bulldog

Hi suzanna,

Market cafe does it open on weekdays &amp; open at what time! I m looking for a budget buffet lunch abt 19apx

shin

Hi Suzanna,

So you have both the solemnization ceremony and the buffet reception in a same private function room rite? How much MC charged you for rental of the fucntion room? Can u share more details or PM me?

I have asked for their hi-tea package too but think it is a bit pricey. I ask for everything to be done in function room and they quote me $45+++ per pax.

ylyl

Some hotels have package for ROM nowadays. Eg M Hotel &amp; Carlton Hotel. M Hotel have table &amp; flowers arrangements inclusive.

ahjo77

Hi Suzanna,

I wish to know more, can you PM me the details.
I would like to know who is ur cooridnator
Thanks.

yamiyogurt

Suzanna,

I am surprised Merchant Court had such affordable packages... could u tell us more details? How much was the room rental? Thanks in advance...

crazygal

hi Suzanna

hope i'm not late in looking for you...haha...

i would like to knoe about ur package with Merchant Court, seems like its a great deal and within my budget, I have chk many hotels, all are rather expensive as i wil hv abt 70 guests, so it will cost me a bomb for ROM.

hope to hear fm u soon.

leena

Dear all,

I would like to have my ROM and customary together on the same day.. But do not want to have wedding dinner.. just a lunch buffet.
Since it is also a customary, the buffet must be presentable.. but we have our budget too.. Anyone has any recommendation for such wedding?

At hotel? At restaurant? our budget about $50 - $70 per person for 50 PAX.

Please help! Thanks!

aradia

i'm having mine at goodwood park hotel..for 100pax...but it's high tea...if u want the details, let me know..great place, nice and elegant at the terrace with the marquee...they might have lunch reception too and it should be within your budget...

ooshie

hi aradia
can give me the details for Goodwood Park what if i have 20 guests is it the same package?

aradia

Hi..
I think you'll have to email them to ask for it cos my package is for minimum 100 pax so it could be different...but if you still want it..can leave ur email and I'll email you..no probs!

ooshie

hi aradia...100pax?? hmmm then it should be alright i was just considering anyway thanks for your help dun think i need so many coz rom is going to be small affair

karhan23

hi there i look for a hotel that provide a night stay and solemnisation and a buffet lunch. anyone got good plcae to intro??? if got any information on those hotels can email me at [email protected] thanks everyone

lynda_low78

Hello all

I am having my ROM on 1-July-2005. My time is around 2.30pm... I am intending to have a small gethering in a restuarant or something like that... Not sure if there is any near the ROM, cheap and nice... Due to the timing, it is neither lunch nor dinner... Not sure what to do with it...

Any ideas???

lynda_low78

Hello Celia

Do you have any recommendations for dim sum which is centralised and not very expensive...

Thanks for your help...

lynda_low78

Thanks Celia. Jus went in the link... Seems like the suggestions posted are not very good...
happy.gif
I will outsource elsewhere then....

hello88

Hi Lynda,

maybe u can try the following:-

a) Hotel Phoenix as their Hi-Tea starts around 3pm.
b) Mandarin Hotel and Mariott Hotel also got Hi-tea but quite ex.
c) Royal Plaza Hotel - Caf¨¦ Vienna
d) Goodwood park
e) Concorde Hotel
f) ROM at Fort Canning Hill garden package??? not sure if it still exist.

by the way, for how many pax?

pinkyng

Hi Suzanna,

Can giv me more details on the Merchant Court for ur solemnisation?

(I have just solemnise my wedding last Sat 15 May at Merchant Court hotel. Though its simple but it was really nice and quite affordable. We rent their small function room at the Market Cafe and their buffet lunch is $19.90+++ per pax. Their staff are really friendly and they really try their best to fit into my budget. You will be surprised what you can find there. I had about 36 guests and everything below $1K. We receive many good feedback from all my friends about my ROM and their staff service is really great! If you wish to know more, let me know and I can let you know the details )

minne

Hi suzanna,
I'm a new member and I would like some details abt the Merchant Court hotel buffet... k provide more details?