tinkerella

Hihi, i am also a 2018 BTB :)
Have yet to decide on the venue yet - still going for site visits.
But just like Honeyboo, i am in love with the Straits room! (And i haven't even seen it in person. tmr is the visit. v excited hehe)

Katekyf

Am also 2018 BTB! But i am still sourcing for wedding banquets as some hotels are out of dates! *cry* anyone holding their wedding at fourseason,westin,goodwoodpark or park royal pickering? Would love to hear the perks given!

waiii

Sure! so far i shortlisted these hotels:

1) Intercontinental Hotel
2) Regent Hotel
3) Parkyroyal Pickering
4) Marriott
5) Goodwood Park
6) Westin

If u need to know their packages, i can forward to you! though some of them can get from the website.

Bridal not yet though, i booked my prewed with one of the bridal studio.. but for AD wise i still thinking whether to continue with them or perhaps maybe plan ala carte.
But i see some bridal shops have nice gowns! but i haven enquire on their packages.

Hello! I'm interested in the packages! Pls PM me, thanks!

Gudetama_Bride

Hi There! I am a Jan BTB. And have already secured my booking for banquet venue. I can share for novotel, carlton, orchard, fairmont if anyone like to have. I am now on the lookout for bridals packages, and its been traumatising !!! :(

Myra Teo

Hi all the brides to be,

I'm also a Feb bride to be. Just booked my package with Blue Bay pre wedding photo shoot yesterday at Vivocity. Got quite a good deal to go to Taipei for my shoot. Not my dream location but the Europe ones were too costly and over budget.

Anyway, want to know what is the market rate for bridal gown rental? And do they come with makeup and hair as well?

Any response is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi, I'm a March bride-to-bride. I signed with Blue bay too, for my pre-wedding shoot and actual day. When are you going for your shoot? :)

I have a gf who rented her gowns from BQueen (at a very affordable rate, ~2K?) but it excludes makeup and hair.

happypotato

Hihi, i am also a 2018 BTB :)
Have yet to decide on the venue yet - still going for site visits.
But just like Honeyboo, i am in love with the Straits room! (And i haven't even seen it in person. tmr is the visit. v excited hehe)
Hey, so how is the site visit? Who is your coordinator?

helloyou

Hello everyone!

2018 btb here too :) Still trying to source for chinese restaurants, but it is so tough to keep within budget and also to meet the minimum table size. Anyone has any idea how much does AD gown rental cost too?

Jsweds

Hi There! I am a Jan BTB. And have already secured my booking for banquet venue. I can share for novotel, carlton, orchard, fairmont if anyone like to have. I am now on the lookout for bridals packages, and its been traumatising !!! :(

Don't feel traumatised! That's how I feel initially but my friends kept advising me to calm down and enjoy the process. Maybe you would want to first confirm if u would like to have everything with a bridal studio or ala carte. U can then shortlist some of the vendors.

For me photos and videos are the most important piece, hence i went ala carte and rented my PW and AD gowns elsewhere.

One step at a time :)

Gudetama_Bride

Don't feel traumatised! That's how I feel initially but my friends kept advising me to calm down and enjoy the process. Maybe you would want to first confirm if u would like to have everything with a bridal studio or ala carte. U can then shortlist some of the vendors.

For me photos and videos are the most important piece, hence i went ala carte and rented my PW and AD gowns elsewhere.

One step at a time :)

Thanks for the kind words!
Alot of bridal salons are very pushy.. they will make u decide on that spot..
and even if they say they walk away, they are always looking at you or observing you....
what a turn off to be honest..
I shortlist a few of the bridal vendors and most likely to go with one that i feel the gowns are better in terms of quality..

I see!! I am looking for AD photography and video too..

Jsweds

Thanks for the kind words!
Alot of bridal salons are very pushy.. they will make u decide on that spot..
and even if they say they walk away, they are always looking at you or observing you....
what a turn off to be honest..
I shortlist a few of the bridal vendors and most likely to go with one that i feel the gowns are better in terms of quality..

I see!! I am looking for AD photography and video too..

Don't worry, yes, indeed some of them are very pushy. I was ever trapped in a bridal studio for almost the whole afternoon (of course i tried on some gowns, and there's alot of talking on their package) but in the end i just gave some reasons and walk away. It's hard to find an excuse to leave but i dont want to regret signing the package with a bridal studio that i'm not comfortable with. You won't be heading back again, so i don't care if they look or observe me HAHA!

I would suggest you to look for your AD PG and VG first - then see if they have any bridal studio that they work with, you might get some discount due to their partnership ties :)

Jac2018

I'm a 2018 bride too. Not Kiasu at all. Is always good to plan early. However, I sighed with French Wedding Couture but thinking if I am too impulsive. Did your hear any reviews about it? Any experiences to share?
Hi Huiting, we went to have a look there as well and it was the 'cheapest' package and the person was very nice. However, the sister photography company has got plenty of bad reviews. Saying that, the reviews are quite old so things might have improved since. Good luck!

Gudetama_Bride

Don't worry, yes, indeed some of them are very pushy. I was ever trapped in a bridal studio for almost the whole afternoon (of course i tried on some gowns, and there's alot of talking on their package) but in the end i just gave some reasons and walk away. It's hard to find an excuse to leave but i dont want to regret signing the package with a bridal studio that i'm not comfortable with. You won't be heading back again, so i don't care if they look or observe me HAHA!

I would suggest you to look for your AD PG and VG first - then see if they have any bridal studio that they work with, you might get some discount due to their partnership ties :)

Thanks for ur tips! Need to settle this and move on to other tasks. Lol!

Melissa Chew

Hi everyone.

I agree everyone is planning earlier and earlier. I'm looking to hold my banquet in June 2018 but apparently some of the hotels are already booked on the dates i want :(

Gudetama_Bride

Hi everyone.

I agree everyone is planning earlier and earlier. I'm looking to hold my banquet in June 2018 but apparently some of the hotels are already booked on the dates i want :(

Yes.. initially i wanted dec this year but all the dates were fully booked...apparently it depends on the "hot dates" as well... are you doing lunch or dinner?

littlepinkpointes

Hello everyone!!! =) :)

I am new here. :) And I would like to ask around if anyone of you here would like to share:

• If you are also planning to get married during year 2018?
  • What have you all prepared or have done so far?
  • Does anyone of you here is planning to have Buffet style instead of the normal Banquet style?
  • Does anyone of you here knows how is the March-In for Buffet Style Wedding like? (if you all had attended any weddings before that are in Buffet Style?)

hey!
  • yup, getting hitched 4th quarter of 2018
  • more or less settled for my bridal package already, got both my HTB and my wedding bands designed and in the making
  • looking at church wedding and lunch banquet
haven't really decided on the other 50% of the planning yet (hotel) cause the parents have yet to get back to us if the date we wanted is 'auspicious' or not.

Kissandflyxx

Hello everyone!!! =) :)

I am new here. :) And I would like to ask around if anyone of you here would like to share:

• If you are also planning to get married during year 2018?
  • What have you all prepared or have done so far?
  • Does anyone of you here is planning to have Buffet style instead of the normal Banquet style?
  • Does anyone of you here knows how is the March-In for Buffet Style Wedding like? (if you all had attended any weddings before that are in Buffet Style?)

Hi, I'm a dec'18 BTB. I've booked my wedding venue already!

hey!
  • yup, getting hitched 4th quarter of 2018
  • more or less settled for my bridal package already, got both my HTB and my wedding bands designed and in the making
  • looking at church wedding and lunch banquet
haven't really decided on the other 50% of the planning yet (hotel) cause the parents have yet to get back to us if the date we wanted is 'auspicious' or not.

Icic. Nice! Is it okay for you to share how is your bridal package like? I am still exploring around. =)

yoz ladies out there! =)

may I ask if possible, anyone of you could share the bridal package which you all have signed? i am still exploring around and would want to know more ideas on the different type of packages that you all may have come across or have signed.=)

thank you all in advance! ^^

brightest

It is a wonderful experience to be loved and love someone and both will register at ROM (all are happy)

If possible don't do any banquet.
Because a bridal package is nothing but just a middleman job.

You have to pay many miscellaneous premium which totally no authorities control over this industry.

There are many add on or "mid night charge concept".

And per photo cost you few ten of dollars(80)....Your groom will turn from happy to sad face ........ And those mua they are sharkssss.......Beware of their Chu pattern.

One sentence I hate to hear is "once in a life time" going kill your pocket when u go home think about it.

Golden advise don't go banquet.
Just go to a posh restaurant and get all the benefit at clear coat without hidden.

Everyone will tell you "can this can that" but once you sign the bridal contract...Hahaha. the "interpretion of words" at your cost. Zero sum game.

Good luck !

$$,$$$

It is a wonderful experience to be loved and love someone and both will register at ROM (all are happy)

If possible don't do any banquet.
Because a bridal package is nothing but just a middleman job.

You have to pay many miscellaneous premium which totally no authorities control over this industry.

There are many add on or "mid night charge concept".

And per photo cost you few ten of dollars(80)....Your groom will turn from happy to sad face ........ And those mua they are sharkssss.......Beware of their Chu pattern.

One sentence I hate to hear is "once in a life time" going kill your pocket when u go home think about it.

Golden advise don't go banquet.
Just go to a posh restaurant and get all the benefit at clear coat without hidden.

Everyone will tell you "can this can that" but once you sign the bridal contract...Hahaha. the "interpretion of words" at your cost. Zero sum game.

Good luck !

$$,$$$

Hi! =)

so did you sign for any bridal package at the end? if yes, how is your bridal package like?

Hello all. Sorry bit kiasu. But any 2018 Bride to Be?
Have you all started searching or picking dates?
Is it too early to attend wedding showcase and bridal shops now?

Understand that prices are always fluctuating, is it safer to secure hotel banquets deals now or I can wait?
HAHA.

hi! =)

i am also a 2018 BTB. I also have not pick the date yet. but i have been exploring around for venues and bridal packages for a kick start. you can look out where they have the wedding fairs and etc as well. =)

littlepinkpointes

What are the things that are included in for your bridal package with Fleur D'sign? mind sharing? :)
it depends on what u need. the reviews for Fleur everywhere has been pretty good. they were able to customise my needs.
the general list for AD includes:

- 1 wedding gown (to keep)
- 1 evening gown
- 2 suits (1 to keep)
- make up and hairdo ( 1 time)
- bridal bouquet
- corsages (groom and 2 sets of parents)
- wedding car deco

=)

it depends on what u need. the reviews for Fleur everywhere has been pretty good. they were able to customise my needs.
the general list for AD includes:

- 1 wedding gown (to keep)
- 1 evening gown
- 2 suits (1 to keep)
- make up and hairdo ( 1 time)
- bridal bouquet
- corsages (groom and 2 sets of parents)
- wedding car deco

=)
U got signed any packages for pre wedding? :)

littlepinkpointes

U got signed any packages for pre wedding? :)
They do have pre wedding package as well. I'm still considering getting that from them cause my fiance and I are still weighing our options on the wedding expenditure.
We are planning the wedding with a budget and we don't plan to spend too much either.

Go check out the boutique. Christina (owner and sales person) will tend to you personally. Very nice and patient lady and she will go through your needs. My fiance is very happy and satisfied with their service, selection and price too.

They have recently updated their website but nothing beats looking at the gowns and experience the gown shopping personally. Their place is 'a little' far off the city but it was worth our time and trip there!

littlepinkpointes

I basically went in and sat through the whole gown shopping process at 80% of the boutiques along Tanjong Pagar, until my friend recommended Fleur to me (she recently signed up with them too).
Fleur was the first and only boutique my fiance went to (I brought him there on my 2nd visit) and he was impressed with them.

I basically went in and sat through the whole gown shopping process at 80% of the boutiques along Tanjong Pagar, until my friend recommended Fleur to me (she recently signed up with them too).
Fleur was the first and only boutique my fiance went to (I brought him there on my 2nd visit) and he was impressed with them.
Okay. Noted!!! :) thank you so much for sharing. Will think about it also!!

Jac2018

yoz ladies out there! =)

may I ask if possible, anyone of you could share the bridal package which you all have signed? i am still exploring around and would want to know more ideas on the different type of packages that you all may have come across or have signed.=)

I've signed with The Gown Warehouse. For both PW and AD gown/suit rental

PW
2 Gowns
2 Suits
2 Makeup

AD
1 Gown
1 Kua/short dress/tea dress
1 Evening Gown
2 Suits
2 Makeup

You need to get your own photographer or use one of their partners. Overall, service was excellent and price is pretty much the same as any other all-inclusive bridal packages.

I've signed with The Gown Warehouse. For both PW and AD gown/suit rental

PW
2 Gowns
2 Suits
2 Makeup

AD
1 Gown
1 Kua/short dress/tea dress
1 Evening Gown
2 Suits
2 Makeup

You need to get your own photographer or use one of their partners. Overall, service was excellent and price is pretty much the same as any other all-inclusive bridal packages.
Okay can! Thank you so much! :)

yoz ladies out there! =)

Does anyone knows anything about My Dream Wedding? Is it good? :)

tinkerella

Hey all!
thank you for sharing and for all the inputs thus far in this thread. I was feeling very lost but this thread actually helped me be clearer on how the wedding should be going.

Can I just ask a quick question to those who have signed the bridal package -

Is it more 'worth it' to engage a bridal that will also do the pre-wed and AD photoshoot for you?
Or can I just engage bridal for the gowns/suits/make up and hire my own photog?

What's the cost I will be looking at if I just want to engage bridal for gowns/suits/make up (without using their photog services)?
Any input regarding the pros and cons of the two options above will be appreciated.

Thank you!

tinkerella

Hey all!
thank you for sharing and for all the inputs thus far in this thread. I was feeling very lost but this thread actually helped me be clearer on how the wedding should be going.

Can I just ask a quick question to those who have signed the bridal package -

Is it more 'worth it' to engage a bridal that will also do the pre-wed and AD photoshoot for you?
Or can I just engage bridal for the gowns/suits/make up and hire my own photog?

What's the cost I will be looking at if I just want to engage bridal for gowns/suits/make up (without using their photog services)?
Any input regarding the pros and cons of the two options above will be appreciated.

Thank you!

waiii

Hello tinkerella!

I din sign any bridal packages (going ala carte), but my sis did (gowns/makeup/suit/PW/AD) so i can share my thoughts on this.

Pros: Fuss free and usually cheaper. All details taken care of and you don't have to worry about anything.
Cons: Usually you get assigned the photog (if you take theirs up), and they may not be able to provide the look or style that you really want.

The photographer for my sis' PW is ok, but the one for AD rushed us through the whole gatecrash. He just asked us to pose for his photos, so we didn't had the chance to properly go through all the gatecrash plans that we had, which kind of lost the meaning of the whole process.

But then again, hiring photographers separately can be quite expensive, the better ones usually charge $2500 and above for 10 hours.

Fidell

Hello everyone.. ;)

I am getting married in March 2018. Most likely will take straits room at the Fullerton hotel as our venue since our wedding is an intimate wedding of 12 tables

Anyone has an idea how's the food at the Fullerton and is the hotel decoration sufficient or do we need to engage outside for the decoration?

Excited ;)

Jac2018

Does anyone knows anything about My Dream Wedding? Is it good? :)
My sister used them for PW shoot but she said she signed with them but regret and prefered somewhere else as nicer gowns?
I went there for a quote and they are ok.. just need to bargain and shop around and they will match like for like what other studios offer you. As long as you appear hessitant they will quite often 'upgrade' your package for same price.

My sister used them for PW shoot but she said she signed with them but regret and prefered somewhere else as nicer gowns?
I went there for a quote and they are ok.. just need to bargain and shop around and they will match like for like what other studios offer you. As long as you appear hessitant they will quite often 'upgrade' your package for same price.
I see. Okay. Noted with thanks! :)

SWLE

Hihi! Just calculated my date. going be Oct 2018 BTB
Seems that I am abit kaisu... I have settled my bridal and starting to look out for banquet. Anybody to share venue for 20 tables with high ceiling ballroom?

Hello everyone.. ;)

I am getting married in March 2018. Most likely will take straits room at the Fullerton hotel as our venue since our wedding is an intimate wedding of 12 tables

Anyone has an idea how's the food at the Fullerton and is the hotel decoration sufficient or do we need to engage outside for the decoration?

Excited ;)

Congrats! My bestie did her wedding at Fullerton (though that was 2 years ago) - food was great and I remember the banquet manager was very experienced (I was emcee so alot of liasing with him). For hotel deco, you can ask the coordinator for the themes they have and you can decide from there if it's sufficient. Usually the florist they work with can provide more if you top up :)

Hihi! Just calculated my date. going be Oct 2018 BTB
Seems that I am abit kaisu... I have settled my bridal and starting to look out for banquet. Anybody to share venue for 20 tables with high ceiling ballroom?

Wow your bridal is settled! :eek: I'm June 2018 BTB and I haven't done anything except... settling of banquet venue lol. I have 20 tables as well and we booked Parkroyal Pickering. Maybe you can consider. Almost 6m ceiling.

miaiken

Hi all btbs,
i'm also 2018 btb. Anyone confirm bs already? I am keen of kiasu type hahah. sourcing for bs now.
anyone have any special location for prewed shoot in Singapore?