Donald123

Hello all. Sorry bit kiasu. But any 2018 Bride to Be?
Have you all started searching or picking dates?
Is it too early to attend wedding showcase and bridal shops now?

Understand that prices are always fluctuating, is it safer to secure hotel banquets deals now or I can wait?
HAHA.

i think the yardstick to go by identifying good deal is if 2 gowns, 1 tea dress, 2 suites, father jacket, 1 photographers & videographer: $4688 is consider good price. (all top grades kind)

hotel banquet depends if your dates is very hot date is book ASAP.

Jsweds

Hello,
I'm getting married in April 2018. I'm just having a solemnisation ceremony and canapes hopefully at Parkroyal on Pickering.

I'm Yet to pay the deposit.
I'm from Albany in Western Australia so doing all my planning via the internet.

Can anyone tell me how much I should pay for makeup and hair in Singapore? Also is 500 too much to pay for 2hrs photographer including edited photos and thumb drive. I have seen some pricing at 100 hour.

We are not used to the Singapore heat so thinking the Groom could wear dress shorts instead of pants. The ROM states pants should be worn. Has anyone been to a wedding where the groom wore shorts?

Congratulations!! I personally did not come across a groom that wore shorts but in my opinion, I don't see why you can't do that! The most important thing is to be comfortable on your big day and enjoy!

$500 for 2 hr is quite expensive in my opinion. But usually the rates for the Photographers are quoted at 6hrs/ 10hrs hence they might mark up the price for a 2 hr service.

Make up and hair ranges from 300-600 (for 1 make up and 1 hair on actual day) depending on who you're engaging. Lastly I strongly advise you to place ur deposit soon (knowing the Singapore Kiasu culture) as Pickering is a popular venue! :)

bkidman

Congratulations!! I personally did not come across a groom that wore shorts but in my opinion, I don't see why you can't do that! The most important thing is to be comfortable on your big day and enjoy!

$500 for 2 hr is quite expensive in my opinion. But usually the rates for the Photographers are quoted at 6hrs/ 10hrs hence they might mark up the price for a 2 hr service.

Make up and hair ranges from 300-600 (for 1 make up and 1 hair on actual day) depending on who you're engaging. Lastly I strongly advise you to place ur deposit soon (knowing the Singapore Kiasu culture) as Pickering is a popular venue! :)

Thanks Jsweds. Will get onto the deposit ASAP. :)

Sze

I'm June 2018 BTB..
I'm quite kiasu, I have already decide for wedding photoshoot. Hotel still looking around. Am considering which to look around for. Heard the rates for 2017/2018 is out.

JT JT

I'm June 2018 BTB..
I'm quite kiasu, I have already decide for wedding photoshoot. Hotel still looking around. Am considering which to look around for. Heard the rates for 2017/2018 is out.
Me too! 2018 but haven decide month. Only signed prewed shoots on impulse haha. Yes, some hotel rates are out already! So expensive :(

Sze

Me too! 2018 but haven decide month. Only signed prewed shoots on impulse haha. Yes, some hotel rates are out already! So expensive :(
Where did u sign pre-wedding shoots at? I have mine pay n sign in Malaysia. As price is more worthy, reasonable..

chaoticresolves

Hello,
I'm getting married in April 2018. I'm just having a solemnisation ceremony and canapes hopefully at Parkroyal on Pickering.

I'm Yet to pay the deposit.
I'm from Albany in Western Australia so doing all my planning via the internet.

Can anyone tell me how much I should pay for makeup and hair in Singapore? Also is 500 too much to pay for 2hrs photographer including edited photos and thumb drive. I have seen some pricing at 100 hour.

We are not used to the Singapore heat so thinking the Groom could wear dress shorts instead of pants. The ROM states pants should be worn. Has anyone been to a wedding where the groom wore shorts?

Make-up and hair will be on the expensive side if you are not signing up any package with the bridal studio. Which bridal studio are you considering? Am not really sure what is the rate for photography but mine's about 900 for 6 hours with edited and thumbdrive.

Actually, short pants or no is really up to you and the groom. I've been to solemnizations whereas the groom and bride wore very casually. I guess it's really up to you.

Wah! where did you sign your PWS? We are only starting to shortlist PG/VGs and studios, thinking of finding out own PGs instead of using in house since we dont intend to do studio shots so prob just casual outdoor shoot.

Better to book the venue earlier especially for hotels. Once the 2018 rates roll out (which is usually around Feb-Mar 2017), won't be able to lock a cheaper rate for the new year le.

Sze

Roughly how much was it? What does your package include?
It's about sgd2k after convert from RM. Hard to find this price in Singapore.

Package include actual day
1 wedding dress, 2 evening gown and 1 kua.
1 coat for each Dad

& Of cause more for pre-wedding Photoshoot.

lwzc88

It's about sgd2k after convert from RM. Hard to find this price in Singapore.

Package include actual day
1 wedding dress, 2 evening gown and 1 kua.
1 coat for each Dad

& Of cause more for pre-wedding Photoshoot.

Oh wow! Sounds good!

Would you mind sharing which studio u went to?

I'm browsing the SG studios online and they are really quite expensive!

Sze

Oh wow! Sounds good!

Would you mind sharing which studio u went to?

I'm browsing the SG studios online and they are really quite expensive!
Yes. That's e reason y I went to Malaysia to sign for pre-wedding Photoshoot. It really helps me save a lot. Actually from the forum yrs back the bridal shop that I choose does not have good comments but when I step in there. I find it perfect. No pushy sales and any bad experience there.

Venus bridal is the one that I have choosen. My consultant was June. She was very nice and friendly. Very patient with the question I ask. Btw, They are closed on Wed.

I have friend that try other bridal shop at Malaysia too. The shop are all nearby.
- SG Bridal House

You can have a look before u make decisions. I straight away sign the packages with Venus without looking at other bridal shop as I'm in love with their gown. As they hv variety that suits my taste.

Hope it helps.

yiqii

Hi I'm a june 2018 BTB. I've confirmed on my venue and prewed. Now looking for adp and adg. Anybody have any good recommendations? All the vendors all seemed to be very similar. Haha.

lwzc88

Yes. That's e reason y I went to Malaysia to sign for pre-wedding Photoshoot. It really helps me save a lot. Actually from the forum yrs back the bridal shop that I choose does not have good comments but when I step in there. I find it perfect. No pushy sales and any bad experience there.

Venus bridal is the one that I have choosen. My consultant was June. She was very nice and friendly. Very patient with the question I ask. Btw, They are closed on Wed.

I have friend that try other bridal shop at Malaysia too. The shop are all nearby.
- SG Bridal House

You can have a look before u make decisions. I straight away sign the packages with Venus without looking at other bridal shop as I'm in love with their gown. As they hv variety that suits my taste.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! Will check out their sites

Reactions: Sze

Starorsatellite

I've created this page as I'm supposed to be a Dec 2017 bride but as parents insist on me and htb to get our dates calculated. So might be pushing it to beginning of 2018 or mid 2018.

Any 2018 brides out there?

Hi all the brides to be,

I'm also a Feb bride to be. Just booked my package with Blue Bay pre wedding photo shoot yesterday at Vivocity. Got quite a good deal to go to Taipei for my shoot. Not my dream location but the Europe ones were too costly and over budget.

Anyway, want to know what is the market rate for bridal gown rental? And do they come with makeup and hair as well?

Any response is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

NicoletteT

Hello All~ Im May'18 Bride To Be...

Recently, I had decided my banquet venue, but yet to find bridal package. Hopefully wont kena hard sell.....><

Hello all. Sorry bit kiasu. But any 2018 Bride to Be?
Have you all started searching or picking dates?
Is it too early to attend wedding showcase and bridal shops now?

Understand that prices are always fluctuating, is it safer to secure hotel banquets deals now or I can wait?
HAHA.

Hi there! =) i am also 2018 Bride To Be (hopefully). I have not planned out anything yet at all.

waiii

Hi all, I'm new here! ROM this coming March but banquet stuff will be in 2018. Going for PW shoot in Korea this May. Haven't booked anything for AD...thinking of going ala carte though. Anyone got good recommendations for PG and MUA?

Hello everyone!!! =) :)

I am new here. :) And I would like to ask around if anyone of you here would like to share:

• If you are also planning to get married during year 2018?
  • What have you all prepared or have done so far?
  • Does anyone of you here is planning to have Buffet style instead of the normal Banquet style?
  • Does anyone of you here knows how is the March-In for Buffet Style Wedding like? (if you all had attended any weddings before that are in Buffet Style?)

leenlyl

if you have a guestlist of more then 120pax. suggest stick to banquet with restaurant instead.
ever attended a buffet lunch.. and you see your guest queuing... I think people would rather want to be serve then queuing. Unless you are holding a cozy size reception.

if you have a guestlist of more then 120pax. suggest stick to banquet with restaurant instead.
ever attended a buffet lunch.. and you see your guest queuing... I think people would rather want to be serve then queuing. Unless you are holding a cozy size reception.

Hi leenlyl. =)

I have counted before and I don't think will hit till 120 pax. i have counted in tables. i guess i will have less than 10 tables instead. and another reason why i would want to choose Buffet style is because of the guest list. heard my friends they were saying they are having a headache handling with the guest lists.

Honeyboo

hi!

i'm holding a banquet, but i think a few friends are planning on holding a buffet!

i would think buffet is more mafan cos like leenlyl says...your guests will have to queue up to get their food. :)

hi!

i'm holding a banquet, but i think a few friends are planning on holding a buffet!

i would think buffet is more mafan cos like leenlyl says...your guests will have to queue up to get their food. :)

Hi Honeyboo! =)

is it possible to have buffet but have people served them on the plates? hmms. sounds a bit weird though

Honeyboo

hello all!

i'm a march 2018 bride to be! will be holding our luncheon at the fullerton hotel :)

we're currently looking at pre wed shoots but no idea who to go to! so many choices out there! :confused:

Honeyboo

Hi Honeyboo! =)

is it possible to have buffet but have people served them on the plates? hmms. sounds a bit weird though

i'm not sure about that..but it wouldnt make sense to call it a buffet if people are serving right..? cos that way wouldn't the entire hall be super busy haha.

but have you booked a hotel/restaurant?

better to do so now! dates are getting snapped up if you're looking at early 2018 :)

i'm not sure about that..but it wouldnt make sense to call it a buffet if people are serving right..? cos that way wouldn't the entire hall be super busy haha.

but have you booked a hotel/restaurant?

better to do so now! dates are getting snapped up if you're looking at early 2018 :)

nope. i have not booked any hotel or restaurant yet. most likely looking at 4th quarter of year 2018.

at first did thought of holding banquet but guest lists wise are making us to find other alternatives instead.

Peanut-Corgmum

hello all, i am also a 2018 BTB, just chosen my date to be on Sept 2018.

Is it too early for me now to book banquets all these?

Dunno if i am kiasu right here. lol

Peanut-Corgmum

Honeyboo

nope. i have not booked any hotel or restaurant yet. most likely looking at 4th quarter of year 2018.

at first did thought of holding banquet but guest lists wise are making us to find other alternatives instead.

hmm in that case you can just go for buffet! your guests can eat till they're stuffed. :)

hello peanut! hahah, you're not kiasu at all. better to start early! my wedding's next march and i realize there are so many other things i need to start planning now!

Hi Peanut! =)

Actually you can start booking now already as the dates you want might have a lot of people want as well. so perhaps maybe you would need to choose another alternative date.

I have a friend's friend (a guy) whom already booked the banquet place and roughly how many tables for near to end of 2018 already.

so its not a matter of kiasu or not. =)

hmm in that case you can just go for buffet! your guests can eat till they're stuffed. :)

hello peanut! hahah, you're not kiasu at all. better to start early! my wedding's next march and i realize there are so many other things i need to start planning now!

haha. will think about it again. but for now, will think of Buffet first. =)

XxJiaxX

Hi Peanut! I'm intending to have my AD around that time too! Did u get master to calculate the date?

I'm kinda looking out for hotels already!

Peanut-Corgmum

Hi Peanut! =)

Actually you can start booking now already as the dates you want might have a lot of people want as well. so perhaps maybe you would need to choose another alternative date.

I have a friend's friend (a guy) whom already booked the banquet place and roughly how many tables for near to end of 2018 already.

so its not a matter of kiasu or not. =)

haha ok thanks!

I think i have shortlisted some hotels but not sure to go ahead with confirmed bookings? Or go for soft book first?

I have a few alternative dates on hand but still hope have my ideal date in Sept 2018.

But is it better to go for wedding show because hotels will offer more perks?

Haha it is already a headache for me just looking at hotels.

Peanut-Corgmum

Hi Peanut! I'm intending to have my AD around that time too! Did u get master to calculate the date?

I'm kinda looking out for hotels already!

Hello!

Oh heh ya i think Sept is a hot month! Yup i got master to calculate the date and then let parents to choose.

Haha i am looking out too! Actually i already started going wedding shows since second half of 2016 lol

haha ok thanks!

I think i have shortlisted some hotels but not sure to go ahead with confirmed bookings? Or go for soft book first?

I have a few alternative dates on hand but still hope have my ideal date in Sept 2018.

You can list down the hotels that you have found. Then go for those road shows and etc and see if they have anymore perks to give out to couples. Then from there short list again and see how. Dont so fast go ahead with confirmed bookings. Unless you are really comfortable with the perks given by the places that you have shortlisted. :)

haha ok thanks!

If you are very sure and comfortable about it already. And you have already have some dates in mind. You can start to book already also if you want to. :) if not, you can see see look look again. Maybe will have more perks and more attractive promotions or packages coming up. :)

Hello!

Oh heh ya i think Sept is a hot month! Yup i got master to calculate the date and then let parents to choose.

Haha i am looking out too! Actually i already started going wedding shows since second half of 2016 lol
Any masters that you all can recommend? And what are the things that the master will calculate? Like name, zodiac and etc?

XxJiaxX

Peanut, since u have been to hotels and showcases, have u shortlisted any bridal or hotels already? Do u mind sharing?

Peanut-Corgmum

Peanut, since u have been to hotels and showcases, have u shortlisted any bridal or hotels already? Do u mind sharing?

Sure! so far i shortlisted these hotels:

1) Intercontinental Hotel
2) Regent Hotel
3) Parkyroyal Pickering
4) Marriott
5) Goodwood Park
6) Westin

If u need to know their packages, i can forward to you! though some of them can get from the website.

Bridal not yet though, i booked my prewed with one of the bridal studio.. but for AD wise i still thinking whether to continue with them or perhaps maybe plan ala carte.
But i see some bridal shops have nice gowns! but i haven enquire on their packages.

waiii

btw... i am thinking of doing away with gatecrash. dun want anyone (sis or bro or groom) to be sweaty and dirty first thing in the morning... thinking if there's something else to do tt can make things memorable as well. if not will be just tea ceremony at both sides.

Krystal91

Hello.. i actually think its fine.. some hotels may not have the price till end of 2018, but some hotels do.. (e.g goodwood) always good to start early :)