(2016) 2016 brides

Serene04

My
for mine they asked for 8 tables initially. plus pin jin, almost "earn" 20k in total!
I told my parents whatever the fees are, I'm sharing half the cost. so effectively, whatever they "earn" comes from me, their poor daughter. then they relented..

the law I heard is that they get the table ang baos for bringing me up and paying for all those wedding ang baos where I've attended.. duh.
Im quite lucky...My parents ask for 4 tables but they will give everything back to me. They did say have a law must give parents tables but now new generation le, no need all these :)

Superxyz

Hi. Do you all have recommendation for wedding bouquet for photoshoot? I enquire a few and they quoted like $150 and above. I am preferably looking at below $100. Thanks!

septbridetobe

Hi. Do you all have recommendation for wedding bouquet for photoshoot? I enquire a few and they quoted like $150 and above. I am preferably looking at below $100. Thanks!

Hi, does ur bridal shop provide bouquet of flowers for your photoshoot? My bridal shop got provide hence i never buy it & i think no point buying real flowers for photoshoot cause after that you will not be using anymore.. And for AD the bridal shop will provide real bouquet of flowers for me.. Maybe you can check with your bridal shop does they provide wedding bouquet for your photoshoot..

For my photoshoot I bought a bouquet of baby breath. Around $30. It's nice if you don't want anything too complicated.

Tiffany.Tan

Pre-Wed Shoot in Seoul.

I have always wanted to take my pre-wedding photo shoot in one of my favourite country, Korea. I specifically wanted it to be taken during Spring for the obvious reasons such as the Cherry Blossoms and the nice chilly weather. While we were doing our researching, we came across Chungdam Studio shared by many graduated brides in the forums etc. There were massive positive feedback and we were sold :D Of cos we did email enquire many other studios with regards to the package offered and rates, Chungdam Studio rates fits our bill. Email responds were prompt and Jamie the coordinator from the studio were liaising with us from email to whatapps. She patiently cleared our doubts when we have tonnes of queries. Soon we make our decision to sign up with the studio for our Indoor and Outdoor shoot. I also paid extra to go for gown fitting one day prior to the shoot because I was worried that I might take a lot time deciding which gown to pick. Surprisingly, it took me less than an hour to decide. During the changing of gown, a lady (whom we Imo) will assist you changing in and out of the gowns. No awkwardness since they are all experiences ladies. During the shooting day, we were told to come in at 11am. I started off with the makeup and hair styling, and the stylist asked what kind of make-up and hair I wanted. Thankfully, I have a couple of pictures of the hair styles I wanted and I showed it to them. Fret not, they have an album of hair styles to choose from as well. For the make-up, I was rather clueless as I have never put on make-up before. I told the lady to recommend but make me looks sweet. :D I was afraid of looking more mature than my age. Then the groom will get to choose their suits etc. No worries about communication problem because they are able to speak in English and Mandarin. During the shoot, a Mandarin speaking photographer called Yun was assigned to us. He will tell you exactly where to stand and how to pose. We were no models and practically so stiff like 2 blocks of wood. It started off with slight awkwardness and he was really patient with us, guiding us on the angle and position. Imo also tagged along with us wherever we go to help us carry our props, adjust the gown and suit, making sure that our hair, accessories are all in place. Thumbs up for the extremely good service. We had a long day but truly enjoyed the experience. We are also very satisfied with photos taken. Anyone interested can email Jamie at [email protected] and visit their site at www.thechungdamstudio.com

tulipkiss

My

Im quite lucky...My parents ask for 4 tables but they will give everything back to me. They did say have a law must give parents tables but now new generation le, no need all these :)

that's nice of them. and yeah indeed, new era alr.. that was what eventually arranged for my banquet too :)

Xygoh

Does anyone know what happened to 520 library? The photos on their fb page have been taken down and their instagram account vanished

septbridetobe

Hi,

I need help.. I will be opt out for gatecrashing game.. My 1st march in will be my childhood montage tgt with partor.. What to show for 2nd march in? Very headache ☹️

tulipkiss

Hi,

I need help.. I will be opt out for gatecrashing game.. My 1st march in will be my childhood montage tgt with partor.. What to show for 2nd march in? Very headache ☹️

your solemnisation video? or a recording of you and your hubby sharing about the relationship.

anyway i didn't show any montage prior to both march-ins.. quite a number of guests commented that it feels 'less draggy' and they could have more time to catch-up with other guests and enjoy the food :D relatives say more simple/better (i think cos usually relatives photos dont show up much in montages lol)

septbridetobe

your solemnisation video? or a recording of you and your hubby sharing about the relationship.

anyway i didn't show any montage prior to both march-ins.. quite a number of guests commented that it feels 'less draggy' and they could have more time to catch-up with other guests and enjoy the food :D relatives say more simple/better (i think cos usually relatives photos dont show up much in montages lol)

I dun have VG for my actual day also.. And just now tell my colleagues they say if dun have 2nd march in & nothing to show the whole thing will be boring.. Maybe will keep playing the pre-wedding photos with songs throughout the night..

tulipkiss

I dun have VG for my actual day also.. And just now tell my colleagues they say if dun have 2nd march in & nothing to show the whole thing will be boring.. Maybe will keep playing the pre-wedding photos with songs throughout the night..

i mean, u can keep the 2nd march-in still, just without a video prior to that. it's just 5mins less 'entertainment' anyway! :)
will u be having live band? we did song dedication through the meal, so maybe that helped a little to make it less 'boring'.

nowadays wedding like do show like that.. :( videos and performances and etc. lol. just too bad my hubby and i dont have much talent, so couldn't sing or dance in or something.

Does anyone know what happened to 520 library? The photos on their fb page have been taken down and their instagram account vanished

i can still view their photos! their insta account is fivetwentylibrary_photography. they've just recently shifted locations, so i'm not sure that could have disrupted some backend connections? Am going to have my prewed photoshoot with them next week!

hi everyone! just wanted to know what are fellow BTBs' views on NuBra? does it really stick well? have read some reviews where it's not very effective, so am not sure if i should buy it!

Minkishly

I wore a NuBra for my pre wedding shoot. It really works wonders in boosting the cleavage so I'd highly recommend it for that purpose (lol). However, I did find that it grows progressively less sticky as the day goes by, especially if you perspire. The stickiness goes away the moment moisture is introduced. All of my gowns had laced up bustier bodices so they could hold the NuBra in place even when it was less sticky. I did have to give it some help in pushing it up and patting down the bra to help it stick better to my skin. If I hadn't been wearing a bustier top, I would have been worried that it would slip out of place and eventually fall. D:

I actually brought up a back up stick on bra that I bought from Taobao but didn't have to use it in the end. I think it might be good to bring a cheap back up with you though, just for peace of mind. Also, remember to air dry the NuBra. If you towel dry, all the fluff from the towel will get stuck to the adhesive and make it permanently less sticky.

septbridetobe

i mean, u can keep the 2nd march-in still, just without a video prior to that. it's just 5mins less 'entertainment' anyway! :)
will u be having live band? we did song dedication through the meal, so maybe that helped a little to make it less 'boring'.

nowadays wedding like do show like that.. :( videos and performances and etc. lol. just too bad my hubby and i dont have much talent, so couldn't sing or dance in or something.

Ic.. Hmm.. Perhaps no 2nd march in for mi.. Was thinking just 1st march in will do den cut cake & after that open the champagne follow by yum sheng.. After whole process end can start eating the food.. And maybe ard 3rd or 4th dishes go change evening gown for photo session.. So can mingle around & able to end the banquet early..

Mi & my HTB also no talent on singing or dancing so better not to embarrass ourselves on stage.. Haha..

tulipkiss

Honeymoon prep? Hehe :)

I think my life will feel quite empty once my AD over too. I'm spending so much of my free time on this wedding. D:

haha we just came back from a mini honeymoon actually.. but maybe can start prepping for the long honeymoon still. sounds good alr :p
or finally force ourselves to tie up the reno loose ends.

tulipkiss

Ic.. Hmm.. Perhaps no 2nd march in for mi.. Was thinking just 1st march in will do den cut cake & after that open the champagne follow by yum sheng.. After whole process end can start eating the food.. And maybe ard 3rd or 4th dishes go change evening gown for photo session.. So can mingle around & able to end the banquet early..

Mi & my HTB also no talent on singing or dancing so better not to embarrass ourselves on stage.. Haha..

seems great that way, more time to mingle :)

xrissy

Dear BTBs, for those of you who looked for Long shifu to calculate auspicious wedding dates, he also advised on An Chuang procedures. It was stated in his manual that a person need to sleep on the bed after an chuang. Who can that person be? Can it be the groom himself? Any idea gals? TIA!

Clzh

Dear BTBs, for those of you who looked for Long shifu to calculate auspicious wedding dates, he also advised on An Chuang procedures. It was stated in his manual that a person need to sleep on the bed after an chuang. Who can that person be? Can it be the groom himself? Any idea gals? TIA!
Yes can be groom. Or groom and bride. I consulted master Long too

octobride

Hi all BTBs & graduated BTBs

I will be having my first bridesmaid meet in 2 weeks time from now. Can anyone advise me what topics to discuss about? I don't have the AD schedule yet. Please help!

monatomic

Hi all BTBs & graduated BTBs

I will be having my first bridesmaid meet in 2 weeks time from now. Can anyone advise me what topics to discuss about? I don't have the AD schedule yet. Please help!

The content is really up to you.
It could be just having the bridesmaids getting to know one another if they haven't already.
Personally, I would prefer to have a productive meeting as these days, it's so hard to sync everyone's calendar and have us all meet face to face.

On the agenda:
- Draft AD itinerary (you can leave out the nitty gritties hour to hour itinerary, but a general run down on the main event/ activity will be good)
- Gatecrash games: assuming you're having one. Any general guidelines from you (what are the restricted type of games etc)?
- Bridesmaids attire?
- Bridesmaids roles: are there any general roles you'd like to throw it out there for assignment? E.g. Tea ceremony (hold tray, wash cups, replenish tea), timekeeper/ event i/c, gatecrash i/c, hold the train of your dress, decorations (if any), receptionist, ushers at banquet, help you with your "day bag" containing all your essential items on AD,
- All other matters

One thing I realise from experience as both a bride and bridesmaid is that, not everyone is as excited about the wedding (be it yours or the bride whom you're being the bridesmaid for) as you are.
Have little or no expectations and you'd be less disappointed.
I'm blessed to have very supportive bridesmaids who took care of stuff for me immaculately, but having the AD itinerary and role assignment then doing a run down at least twice really helps.
Like, apart from a one-time all bridesmaid meeting, we hosted a teleconference 2 days before my AD as a final run down
We also printed copies of our AD itinerary for everyone which included car allocation list, contact list

hope this helps!

octobride

The content is really up to you.
It could be just having the bridesmaids getting to know one another if they haven't already.
Personally, I would prefer to have a productive meeting as these days, it's so hard to sync everyone's calendar and have us all meet face to face.

On the agenda:
- Draft AD itinerary (you can leave out the nitty gritties hour to hour itinerary, but a general run down on the main event/ activity will be good)
- Gatecrash games: assuming you're having one. Any general guidelines from you (what are the restricted type of games etc)?
- Bridesmaids attire?
- Bridesmaids roles: are there any general roles you'd like to throw it out there for assignment? E.g. Tea ceremony (hold tray, wash cups, replenish tea), timekeeper/ event i/c, gatecrash i/c, hold the train of your dress, decorations (if any), receptionist, ushers at banquet, help you with your "day bag" containing all your essential items on AD,
- All other matters

One thing I realise from experience as both a bride and bridesmaid is that, not everyone is as excited about the wedding (be it yours or the bride whom you're being the bridesmaid for) as you are.
Have little or no expectations and you'd be less disappointed.
I'm blessed to have very supportive bridesmaids who took care of stuff for me immaculately, but having the AD itinerary and role assignment then doing a run down at least twice really helps.
Like, apart from a one-time all bridesmaid meeting, we hosted a teleconference 2 days before my AD as a final run down
We also printed copies of our AD itinerary for everyone which included car allocation list, contact list

hope this helps!

Thanks babe!
I'll draft out an AD itinerary without the timings first. I do agree with you not everyone is excited about the wedding, it's so hard to find supportive friends nowadays. I'll only have 2 meet ups, not sure if this is enough but I don't want to waste their time. I have 8 bridesmaids so a bit difficult to arrange the meet.

jaebaby

Hi, any recommendations for affordable car rental with drivers to fetch bridesmaid on the wedding day? Or anyone have uber friends to recommend that willing to take up a half day job from 6:30 to 11am? Looking for 2 cars (preferably white). Thanks!

Minkishly

Have any of you experienced sending wedding / Save the Date announcements to your guests and not have them reply at all?My ex JC teacher messaged me on Facebook recently, so I took the chance to tell him about my wedding and sent him my Save the Date e-card with all the information. He responded to say that it was "great news" and did not respond since. o_O He posts regularly on Facebook though, almost daily. I don't even know how to proceed from here. I've already contacted him twice about the wedding (once when I told him about the wedding, and then a week later when I officially sent him the Save the Date).

We were actually pretty close in JC, and kept in contact way after that. I'm quite disappointed, I would have thought that the least he could do was turn me down with a "Congratulations, anyway." Like you know... just let me know, and not keep me hanging like this.

Should I take it that he's not coming since he didn't reply? Or do I follow up one last time? I'm just scared that he'll take it upon himself to turn up anyway since he already knows all the details.

alac

Have any of you experienced sending wedding / Save the Date announcements to your guests and not have them reply at all?My ex JC teacher messaged me on Facebook recently, so I took the chance to tell him about my wedding and sent him my Save the Date e-card with all the information. He responded to say that it was "great news" and did not respond since. o_O He posts regularly on Facebook though, almost daily. I don't even know how to proceed from here. I've already contacted him twice about the wedding (once when I told him about the wedding, and then a week later when I officially sent him the Save the Date).

We were actually pretty close in JC, and kept in contact way after that. I'm quite disappointed, I would have thought that the least he could do was turn me down with a "Congratulations, anyway." Like you know... just let me know, and not keep me hanging like this.

Should I take it that he's not coming since he didn't reply? Or do I follow up one last time? I'm just scared that he'll take it upon himself to turn up anyway since he already knows all the details.

I do have some didnt reply me or get back to me for confirmation. I will just exclude them. But for your case, your JC teacher did not say attending, thus you may want to try to msg him "see you etc etc".

I actually sent save the date to one of my Friend early this year.. Then I texted again in June.. No reply.. and I texted again in July.. Still no reply.. So I will assume not coming..

I think you can ask your JC teacher one more time.. I think if he doesn't reply, can treat him as not coming..

@alac and @klijing_sg ; thanks for the advice! I'll message him again.

I think it's the rudest thing to ignore a wedding invitation. I mean, if we can take the time to invite you to such an important event, surely you can take a minute out of your time to type, "Sorry, I can't make it". =.= So rude.

Yah. I agree with you. Feel rejected when someone doesn't reply after reading.. ;(

alac

@alac and @klijing_sg ; thanks for the advice! I'll message him again.

I think it's the rudest thing to ignore a wedding invitation. I mean, if we can take the time to invite you to such an important event, surely you can take a minute out of your time to type, "Sorry, I can't make it". =.= So rude.

Yah lor. I had one also. Totally ignore and I still thought I msg the wrong number hence double confirm with my another friend of the number. Anyhow, you will see what kind of person and friend you have during this period of time.
Nevertheless, don't let them affect us. Save the seat for someone else.

alac

Hi Anyone seen master long? my advice from him is to an chuang then guo da li. Anyone same? my an chuan and guo da li is on the same day.

XpingX

ImageUploadedByForum1473143636.973809.jpg
Hello I'm looking for a bridemaid dress for S size. I sort of one more as the store does not have any more S sizes. Wondering if anyone of you have use the same?

Hi ,
Anyone ordering more wines for the banquet and where are u all getting it from? Any good deals?

Eurolink at Toa Payoh. :) consignment wines. I got mine from there and those that I could not finish, I returned. There is no minimum amount to utilize, so it's great.
The wine was really nice. It was similar to the wine that my hotel provided. I wanted that, but apparently it's a special one exclusive to the hotel only. So got some Jacob's Creek, similar to the Woolshed. Thumbs up!