(2016) 2016 brides

Hi Girls~ Would like some advice.. I've gone to several bridal shops and even a few ala-carte shops and have finally shortlisted 2 bridal shops. The Gown Warehouse and The Feline Bridal..
Is there any current btbs who have engaged them? How is their service after u purchased their packages?
I will not be taking their photography..

jgkc18

katyew

Hi fellow 2016 brides! My AD is next month and I have recently done my photo shoot with Labelle Couture! I must say that I am very impressive on their service and work quality!!
Those who have been wondering what is it like behind-the-scenes during a pre-wedding photo shoot session, here's you chance to find out every detail step-by-step! ^_^
http://jeangan.com/wedding-101-my-local-pre-wedding-photo-shoot-with-labelle-couture-weddings/
May I know who was ur photographer for both AD n pre shoot? Both from la belle ?

MrsLaw

Hi Girls~ Would like some advice.. I've gone to several bridal shops and even a few ala-carte shops and have finally shortlisted 2 bridal shops. The Gown Warehouse and The Feline Bridal..
Is there any current btbs who have engaged them? How is their service after u purchased their packages?
I will not be taking their photography..

You can go google for their review. Im not sure of the gown warehouse but i signed with feline bridal for their AD package. Which i kinda regret a little as the negative reviews and more than the positive ones. I can only be positive and pray I'm the customer that they'll treat well!

You can go google for their review. Im not sure of the gown warehouse but i signed with feline bridal for their AD package. Which i kinda regret a little as the negative reviews and more than the positive ones. I can only be positive and pray I'm the customer that they'll treat well!

What kind of negative reviews did you come across can I ask?

octobride

Hi all BTBs
What to look out for before signing with the BS? Do I have to try on a few gowns first? If yes, should I wear nubra to the BS? Thanks!

MrsLaw

What kind of negative reviews did you come across can I ask?

Mainly are bad service and those customers who've been there wouldn't recommend to others. I only came across 1-2 positive reviews online that i can find but those review isn't 100% positive, with a few hiccups. And i also read that the page admin will delete away those negative reviews. The positive side is that the makeup artists there are not bad. But i havent book an appt to go down yet, so keeping my finger crossed.

dumboec

I'm quite Glad to hear that she left too.. I didn't quite like her when I went down and wanted to book a date for PS.. At that time I didn't know if I would need to travel for work but I htb and I were really interested to take PS in Feb as the weather wouldn't be too hot..

I know it's our fault for not having an exact date in mind.. But she was not very interested to entertain us and told us that sure got dates to do PS.. Don't need to do so early when your wedding is in oct.. Even if you take early, we will do others first before handling yours." Somewhere along those lines.. So actually quite pissed with her and we didn't settle on a date in the end..

She's was your consultant too? Yes I get what you mean. Hope u finally manage to get a date for your PS already. But u sure u want to take so early since your wed date is in oct? As they have new range I forgot every how many months and if u saw any new gowns which u like how?

dumboec

Omg! Can a gown be reserved by other btb for that long? Wouldn't that be unfair to others? Thanks for sharing! At least when is my turn I will know what to look out for. If you don't mind when were you asked to pay for the balance?

Say what? Grace is no longer there? She told me that she will follow up with me and I hope that they do not forget to call me. Maybe I should give them a call instead soon!

Not too sure on the reservation part. I only understand that the other bride to be was not certain on that gown. She was not firm and thinking over the night gown as I was told. I was asked to pay for the balance 50% upon my first selection of my gowns. At the same time, I paid for the additional items which I required too. All on the first selection. Hope this helps. I am sure the new consultant who help you will be tons better than Grace lor.

She's was your consultant too? Yes I get what you mean. Hope u finally manage to get a date for your PS already. But u sure u want to take so early since your wed date is in oct? As they have new range I forgot every how many months and if u saw any new gowns which u like how?

I don't think she was my consultant. But it's because I signed with Louise and she does the photo part only.. So she asked me to look for grace.. But think I look for her that 2 times is enough already. Haha

I'm taking in May.. They wanted me to pushback till June but I'm not very keen to do things so late in case there are any hiccups.. They always keep saying that there are new gowns ask me to wait.. But I'm fine with what they have now and don't think need to wait for new release..

Btw.. Grace is working for beautiful love if I'm not wrong. Saw her at the Amara wedding show which beautiful love was the BS there.

dumboec

Cos he told me if I really want to print more, i can get the soft copies and print myself. And, seriously, the album will then be sitting in my storeroom and collect dust. So I will not want to spend additional money to this. :p
Yeap! Cos he told me that I can actually print out myself.

Babe, i think they meant as there are only 28 different pictures. Anything more that u like have to buy. Those 28 pictures already comes along with the package. Soft copies given so why would they pay to print from Z when they have the soft copy? Is at selection of the 29th on wards of different pictures. Not printing of duplicates. That will be silly.

dumboec

I paid 50% when I confirmed with them.. The balance 50% is broken down into 2 payments, 30% and 20%.. Cant remember when is the 2nd payment but I know the balance 50% is paid when I go for the photoshoot..

I was asked to pay for the full balance upon my first selection of gowns lor. Which I did so. I regretted doing so! Should had hold it! Haha!

dumboec

Hi all BTBs
What to look out for before signing with the BS? Do I have to try on a few gowns first? If yes, should I wear nubra to the BS? Thanks!

Think nubra not required. But yes when you are going for the fitting before the PS. So they are able to alter your gowns accordingly.

octobride

Think nubra not required. But yes when you are going for the fitting before the PS. So they are able to alter your gowns accordingly.

But if i were to try on the gowns, with my bra straps showing like not very nice leh. Or should I wear a strapless bra to the BS?

dumboec

I don't think she was my consultant. But it's because I signed with Louise and she does the photo part only.. So she asked me to look for grace.. But think I look for her that 2 times is enough already. Haha

I'm taking in May.. They wanted me to pushback till June but I'm not very keen to do things so late in case there are any hiccups.. They always keep saying that there are new gowns ask me to wait.. But I'm fine with what they have now and don't think need to wait for new release..

Btw.. Grace is working for beautiful love if I'm not wrong. Saw her at the Amara wedding show which beautiful love was the BS there.

Ah if she asked u to look for Grace, your consultant should be her. Cause she needs to help u with the bookings etc. Lucky u that she ain't there. No need to face her. =P

Ya, I understand how u feel. During selection if u picked a gown u love I guess all will be good already! =) U don't want to be rushing either when u have other things to think off. If yours is hot date, do your booking for your mua artist timing early. As one mua have to do 2 brides to be if its a hot date from what i understand. Else u might not get the timing which u need.

Wa! U spotted her! Hopefully she changes her horrendous attitude over at beautiful love. N that no brides to be went through the same experience I had.

dumboec

But if i were to try on the gowns, with my bra straps showing like not very nice leh. Or should I wear a strapless bra to the BS?

Hi Octobride, you can try bra-less if u are ok. No need to wear when trying i think. Not sure about other brides to be thou.

Ah if she asked u to look for Grace, your consultant should be her. Cause she needs to help u with the bookings etc. Lucky u that she ain't there. No need to face her. =P

Ya, I understand how u feel. During selection if u picked a gown u love I guess all will be good already! =) U don't want to be rushing either when u have other things to think off. If yours is hot date, do your booking for your mua artist timing early. As one mua have to do 2 brides to be if its a hot date from what i understand. Else u might not get the timing which u need.

Wa! U spotted her! Hopefully she changes her horrendous attitude over at beautiful love. N that no brides to be went through the same experience I had.

I didn't know that cos when I went there any person who was available entertained me.. But my recent trip, Samuel approached me since he was free and he wrote someone's name down for my gown consultant but I don't know who.

I booked Amber last year for my wedding!! Lol.. Forgot to book her for dinner though but managed to block her time when I remembered as the other couple just did soft booking. Haha.

As my htb says.. Actually thought she doesn't look like grace.. But when she opens her mouth you know it's her. Lol! Maybe beautiful love wants her intel of z wedding.

dumboec

I didn't know that cos when I went there any person who was available entertained me.. But my recent trip, Samuel approached me since he was free and he wrote someone's name down for my gown consultant but I don't know who.

I booked Amber last year for my wedding!! Lol.. Forgot to book her for dinner though but managed to block her time when I remembered as the other couple just did soft booking. Haha.

As my htb says.. Actually thought she doesn't look like grace.. But when she opens her mouth you know it's her. Lol! Maybe beautiful love wants her intel of z wedding.

Amber is good! U will love her! Her hands really does magic and she is fast too! I booked her for my second march in too! Good good that u got your timing.

Haha! Fake and bitchy right! Wait till they receive complains about her and they will have a handful to handle again. Such a person should be ban in this industry to save all brides to be from such pain ok! I know I am bad but for all that she put me through. It's like a stigma for life.

bluedell88

Just to share..
Brides who are printing their wedding invites through T-dragon, there are now located at AMK instead of Coleman St at city hall.

ping.M

I'm also a 29 oct BTB.. So thankful to find this group n seeing how slow I am for my preparation I only booked the venue

katyew

hehe. okay. because i scared paiseh if can see the straps. heard that while trying on gowns will have other people there also, as it's on a weekend :\
I will also go bra less as usually got padding inside unless u trying those without paddings then I will go with strapless bra. For my bridal, I understand they only cater 2 groups on the day so less people. I gg to try this sat, will feedback more to you if any special thing u need to take note of ☺

octobride

I will also go bra less as usually got padding inside unless u trying those without paddings then I will go with strapless bra. For my bridal, I understand they only cater 2 groups on the day so less people. I gg to try this sat, will feedback more to you if any special thing u need to take note of ☺

Me also going down to a BS this saturday. I think will need to try a few gowns first before deciding to sign or not. Me and HTB's friends recommend us Digio.
However I'm a plus size bride so I dont think there are many choices of gowns for me.

i wore a strapless bra for all the BS i went to! :) strapless bras are generally okay unless you're going for gowns with a super low back, then you'll be able to see your bra. but don't worry so much! Your consultant will be on hand to help you :)

katyew

Me also going down to a BS this saturday. I think will need to try a few gowns first before deciding to sign or not. Me and HTB's friends recommend us Digio.
However I'm a plus size bride so I dont think there are many choices of gowns for me.
Fyi la belle conture also have plus size. You may google n take a look too.

MrsLaw

Or you can try yvonne creative, i think they cater for plus size too.

I'm also a 29 oct BTB.. So thankful to find this group n seeing how slow I am for my preparation I only booked the venue

So many Oct brides around! haha Oct is definitely a popular month :) Any Nov brides around?? I'm a Nov 2016 bride and have engaged the following for my wedding :) Just putting it out there to see if there are any others who engaged the same vendors!

Venue: Conrad Centennial
Prewed photoshoots: 520library, pixioo (tentative)
AD photography: Daniel Beh
AD cinematography: Winson Ho
MUA: Adeline Lim
Gowns: 520library , the gown warehouse (tentative)

octobride

i wore a strapless bra for all the BS i went to! :) strapless bras are generally okay unless you're going for gowns with a super low back, then you'll be able to see your bra. but don't worry so much! Your consultant will be on hand to help you :)

Thanks dear! :)

Yes I think I read about it somewhere in the forum. But their fb got a number of negative reviews, don't really dare to consider.

Or you can try yvonne creative, i think they cater for plus size too.

Thank you.
Will check them out! :)

katyew

Thanks dear! :)

Yes I think I read about it somewhere in the forum. But their fb got a number of negative reviews, don't really dare to consider.

Thank you.
Will check them out! :)
Really? Those I managed to source no negative feedback. Btw, I had signed up with them and so far everything is smooth. I gg for gown selection n trial makeup this Sat.

huxyhuxy

I went to La Belle, they are quite strict by appointment only and only allow 2 gowns for trying at the appointment. Then an in house designer will attend to you. The designer (a male) who spoke to me was pretty sensitive when his designs did not appeal to me. I showed him some pictures of the dresses I found on pinterest and each time he made a dramatic gesture that he has that particular dress.. exact same one only to be shown a really lacklustre piece which is less than 10 % alike.

Two of the dresses I tried on are dirty and really worn out. Not sure of the rest of the other dresses as I wasn't given a chance to shop the floor.

I went to La Belle, they are quite strict by appointment only and only allow 2 gowns for trying at the appointment. Then an in house designer will attend to you. The designer (a male) who spoke to me was pretty sensitive when his designs did not appeal to me. I showed him some pictures of the dresses I found on pinterest and each time he made a dramatic gesture that he has that particular dress.. exact same one only to be shown a really lacklustre piece which is less than 10 % alike.

Two of the dresses I tried on are dirty and really worn out. Not sure of the rest of the other dresses as I wasn't given a chance to shop the floor.

La belle was one of my choice at first because of their promotional package however they are not very flexible and in the end we dropped them our of our list.
They didn't ask if I want to try on the gowns even though we did say if the package is right we will sign on the spot but they did let us tour around the shop that's all.

eupgenie

La belle was one of my choice at first because of their promotional package however they are not very flexible and in the end we dropped them our of our list.
They didn't ask if I want to try on the gowns even though we did say if the package is right we will sign on the spot but they did let us tour around the shop that's all.

Very headache shopping for AD gowns.. i will be going down Bluebay on Sat. Hope i can find sth i like & i will sign with them.. is it normal to sign only when you see a gown which you like? Haha...