(2016) 2016 brides

eupgenie

@eupgenie Ehh – So bluebay doesn’t include your actual day gowns etc too? Actually, you can book your bridal studio in advance, but don’t have to confirm all the gowns.. depending on the bridal studio.. for Yvonne, I can look for gowns in Aug, and they said if I don’t see anything I like, there are new gowns coming in Oct and Jan as well... so I am reassured at least if I don’t see anything I like, I can still wait, in time for my May wedding.. i can also customize the gown in the sense like if I feel its too plain, I can add some shimmer veil etc at no additional cost…

if suay suay nothing I really like, I still have time to do MTM with them.. the top up is not a lot too.. I think unless you are choosing those feather etc gowns, gowns are usually straight forward in terms of cutting and material . look for photos with the kind of cutting you like and flatters your shape, then ask the bridal studio to show you what they have..

Haha ok! I shall check out Yvonne bridal... not just u, but generally i noticed their reviews are all positive~ i could also top up more n get my AD gowns w BB.. it will definitely be cheaper than signing up with another bridal haha. Just keeping my options open hahah. :p

Chassy

I have yet to source for my bridal gowns yet... But will look for those freelance photographers with bridal studios in jb, Im gonna choose between Impegno Wedding, SampleStudio and also Peperos Production Prewedding photos.. :)

mandylove

I have yet to source for my bridal gowns yet... But will look for those freelance photographers with bridal studios in jb, Im gonna choose between Impegno Wedding, SampleStudio and also Peperos Production Prewedding photos.. :)

Have you got the quotation from them?

Yah. That's what I heard from my friend who signed up with Z wedding. They some how psycho you to buy the photos. My friend spent 4k on the photos. =S

I need to be mentally prepared since I sign Z wedding.

tulipkiss

Oh i have signed up for prewedding shoot with Bluebay already. Will be taking our prewedding shoot in Nov this yr haha. Almost a yr before our wedding hahha. I feel like if i book the bridal studio for my AD too early.. eventually all the designs/gowns will be very different from next yr too. What i like this yr will b considered old n might nt be available next yr too. Thats y i sorta decide to only select next yr haha! * Procrastination *

i have the same thinking! even if we can book the gown a year in advance, our own "taste" may change by the time of our AD..

just a feedback.. the case i was telling about my friend's colleague who went to CASE (see previous replies) is whiteXXXX... and i just saw there are a lot of people trying to sell their package.. not sure if its related.

OYHZ

We keep saying that we won't buy. Lol. It must be a confirm don't buy if we decide to go overseas. Lol

i did my shoot in TW and my htb and I also aligned beforehand that we won't be hardsell cos we don't need so many photos in an album.

but.......once he saw the photos, and the coordinator told us the various levels of pricing for additional photos, he initiated to top-up till 100 photos -_-

DJ2016

Mr Simon Sim :)
oic... have emailed or sms almost 10 JPs in the past 2 days. Finally 1 called back and told us to sms him the time to see if he can make it..now waiting for him to confirm loh.. *cross fingers*

Btw i happened to read this on the ROM website:
"3-4 months (and not earlier) before the solemnization date, contact a solemnizer (choose one from within your constituency/postal district). Tell him about your marriage details such as plan, venue, date, time."

3-4 months..are they sure? I kena rejected by so many they already been "booked" on my date (and i am already kiasu by finding one 6mths in advance)..:rolleyes:
& i have to choose one from within my constituency/postal district... aye i doubt so loh. I don't think all the couples married by the very popular Dr Phua are from the Nee Soon GRC..:p

@DJ2016 hahhaha!! maybe cause it's too advance, so they all also sian half and just reject.. lol.. but yea, planning on our side is very difficult because of that. hopefully he replies soon! he is pretty prompt in his response actually :)just that too far from my place, but at least he is honest lah..haha

i did my shoot in TW and my htb and I also aligned beforehand that we won't be hardsell cos we don't need so many photos in an album.

but.......once he saw the photos, and the coordinator told us the various levels of pricing for additional photos, he initiated to top-up till 100 photos -_-

How much is the top up for 100 photos?!

@klijing_sg haha.. i guess overseas wherever it is sure expensive one.. cause need to pay for the tickets and hotel for the photographer and the make up artist in addition to the overseas package price..

The one that I met was quite ok so far.. cheaper than what others are quoting.. and cos I happened to be going on holiday. So just an activity to do while there. Not a confirm thing. =S

bonbons

I contacted Tan Yan Boon, but also got rejected as he said his evening slots are all taken already :(
Anyone else got recommendation for JP who can speak Cantonese?
Thanks!

bonbons

One thing good about doing ala-carte pre-wedding photography/overseas photoshoot is that they will always give you all the photos in softcopy, so you don't have to worry about paying for extra photos.
If like the friend who top up 4k on photos, then the price probably more expensive than doing a overseas photoshoot liao

caren_c

I contacted Tan Yan Boon, but also got rejected as he said his evening slots are all taken already :(
Anyone else got recommendation for JP who can speak Cantonese?
Thanks!

I contacted him too! but he said he will do a soft booking for me as it is still quite early from my AD (May 2016).
Quite uneasy cos nth is confirmed. :(

bonbons

@caren_c lucky you! as least got soft booking haha. which day is your wedding again? mine is 21 may also rejected.
Mr tan must be wondering why suddenly so many May 2016 brides contacting him. HAHA, now we all know that Mr Tan is not free for 14 may and 21 may liao.

@Jacqueline.sst yeaps i email Mr Tan too, he was quite prompt in replying email.

caren_c

i didnt know he wedded xiaxue & mike until i googled about him. i
my fiance is the one who do the homework research & 'cold-emailing' for JP. :p

Tbh we wanted someone fatherly, like old with white hair (lol). Like a father figure. But the one we contacts all rejected us :(

bonbons

anyone has read about reviews about Ms Lim Lay Choo Jennifer?
She is the other one who can speak Canto based on the most popular solemnisers list haha

twinklez

@twinklez yes! I worried too but I guess we don't have a choice but to just wait til it's closer to May 2016 so we can further confirm w our JP. Really hope our JP won't cancel out on us on the last min or else... we will be at a total loss. When will you start to confirm with them? Mine mentioned to confirm with him in Nov. Yours?

@klijing_sg Hi! Yup but I guess some of them can perform soft booking like a tentative one.
@caren_c i also got a soft bookin from mr tan! but he asked us to confirm w him in Dec woh.. think we better email him again ard oct/nov :)

twinklez

really need to consider the budget for toppin up for photos.. i went to ask Lourve bridal before n they quoted me 120..wah sei lo

twinklez

i didnt know he wedded xiaxue & mike until i googled about him. i
my fiance is the one who do the homework research & 'cold-emailing' for JP. :p

Tbh we wanted someone fatherly, like old with white hair (lol). Like a father figure. But the one we contacts all rejected us :(
haa Same! we also wanted a fatherly figure.. but kena rejected too..haa

yummybunneh

Any Jan'16 BTBs?
Care to share what you have done and what's next on the checklist? I wonder if I'm being too slack than I should be. =p

DJ2016

Any Jan'16 BTBs?
Care to share what you have done and what's next on the checklist? I wonder if I'm being too slack than I should be. =p

Me! Actually i also don't know what to do...LOL. Just adding in items into my calendar when i come across them.

So far, venue confirmed, PS and AD photography confirmed, wedding bands collected, photoshoot next month.

Next on list:montage in Aug (since long holidays), relative & family guestlists to more or less drawn up in Sep, Oct- register with ROM send Save the Date, confirmed helpers, Nov arrange for food tasting and parents meeting( ya.. we haven't do that..LOL), print wedding invites, Dec prepare guo da li and mail invites, prepare wedding reception table decor (we will likely recycle our PS props so won't have much to do i hope), meetup with AD photographer and videographer maybe, back to bridal for AD coordination, Jan- confirmed tables with hotel and test equipmt, brief helpers, collect doc from ROM (& remind JP), change $$ for angbao...and the to-do list is getting longer and longer....

& haven't plan any honeymoon yet:oops:

I am jan btb did try to msg and e mail some jp so far got rejected by 4 of them as they have other commitment. Anyother jp to recommend

caren_c

hi @chewychong90 ! Try the following links below:
www.kiasubride.com/top-40-most-popular-solemnizers-in-singapore/
http://idealweddings.sg/best-solemnisers-singapore/
http://www.dailyjambo.com/life/top-35-best-solemnizers-in-singapore

All these are the 'recommended' JP. Just have in mind what youre looking for in one - do you prefer a male or female solemniser, perhaps a fatherly figure? Do you require him to speak any dialects? How many religion (e.g. Mr Simon Sim is a Christian).

Take all these into considerations for you to shortlist your ideal JP. :) Hope you find one soon!

Any Jan'16 BTBs?

I am jan btb as well so far fone my pre wedding photo shoot. Book my ad bridal shop will do gown fitting on sept
Booked venue
Jp still finding
Guo da li will buy on nov can try katong its way cheaper compare to those selling at amk
Food tasting on dec
Seating arrangment will do on nov
Buting bridemaid dress at bbk on aug
I not sure what i still left to do. So so far is all this

hi @chewychong90 ! Try the following links below:
www.kiasubride.com/top-40-most-popular-solemnizers-in-singapore/
http://idealweddings.sg/best-solemnisers-singapore/
http://www.dailyjambo.com/life/top-35-best-solemnizers-in-singapore

All these are the 'recommended' JP. Just have in mind what youre looking for in one - do you prefer a male or female solemniser, perhaps a fatherly figure? Do you require him to speak any dialects? How many religion (e.g. Mr Simon Sim is a Christian).

Take all these into considerations for you to shortlist your ideal JP. :) Hope you find one soon!
Thanks caren..