(2015) 2015 brides??

stephiey

@Jacqlwl wedding bands from lee hwa. for me, I like eternity bands. all places is the same (there's expensive kind like destine/celestial 3x the price of mine) but reason I took lee hwa is becos they carry platinum bands, which HTB prefers. So... hahaha

mcpig

Finally booked the banquet venue today & confirmed our wedding date! Going to take the backseat until probably the end of year :)

G&Z

my package also don't include VD, isit ok that I don't engage? im not having gatecrash though
It's really up to you, if you do not want to have it then don't.. It's not a must

G&Z

Finally booked the banquet venue today & confirmed our wedding date! Going to take the backseat until probably the end of year :)
Yay! *throws confetti*

mcpig

Haha thank u babes :) going ala carte on gowns and suits but we already know the tailor & BS we're going so that's done. Quotes collected for AD PG & VG and will prolly make decision end of year :)

Officially a Dec 2015 bride ;)

mcpig

any recommendations on where to tailor the groom's suits? thanks. im going ala carte

Hey babe, my htb frequents a tailor in Orchard Hotel, & he is very good, he did my htb's bestfriend suit for his wedding last year and it really fits very well. But he doesnt come cheap, about 600/suit. A lot of my friends did their suits in Bangkok at a very good rate too...

bngak

my package also don't include VD, isit ok that I don't engage? im not having gatecrash though

I guess it's kinda up to u and ur budget too. If u have someone to take ur photos for the day then I think it should b ok not to engage, else I think most will want to have something to remember the day by?

I'm still hoping I can manage to find one within my budget. :(

Hi ladies, I'm a jan 2015 bride and am doing everything ala carte. Have gotten my gowns for actual day and pre wedding however am pretty annoyed with the hotel, so thinking of changing one... :-(

mcpig

Hi ladies, I'm a jan 2015 bride and am doing everything ala carte. Have gotten my gowns for actual day and pre wedding however am pretty annoyed with the hotel, so thinking of changing one... :-(

Oh dear it will be quite tedious to change now, not to say not many venues will be available. Care to share yr experience? Maybe someone here will be able to help ;)

Starleaf

I guess it's kinda up to u and ur budget too. If u have someone to take ur photos for the day then I think it should b ok not to engage, else I think most will want to have something to remember the day by?

I'm still hoping I can manage to find one within my budget. :(
You may wanna take a look at blue button. It is a sister brand of the wedding paparazzi. You can check out their videos: here: http://vimeo.com/bluebuttonfilms/videos

The other day when I went to meet up with the coordinator, she mentioned that they will be launching PG too =)

G&Z

Welcome to the 2015 brides club!

We had a really good sales guy when we first went. Subsequently, the replacement was bad, so was the sales director. What irks me is that they keep dating there's pricing error, even at the stage of signing the contract...

G&Z

We had a really good sales guy when we first went. Subsequently, the replacement was bad, so was the sales director. What irks me is that they keep dating there's pricing error, even at the stage of signing the contract...

I almost booked there but the lady was a pain in the ass.. She doesn't seem interested to get us as clients so I give up and went with raffles.. Took them a long time to get back to me on the pricing for 2015..

Celine3101

we are keen in signing up with Grand Copthorne Waterfront. However, the sales exec we have (E****C) is really awful in terms of his service and integrity. Shant go into details. If you happen to sign up with this hotel, can you please share with me the contacts of the rep you dealt with? My email is [email protected]. Thanks a million! If possible, also share your package as well? :)

G&Z, which lady served you at Capella? I was transferred from Steven to Nina, then to Priscilla (the director) then to Shierly (the AM). All are bloody hopeless... I love the venue but am struggling to put up with the crap from this team...

Rest of the brides, in case you folks are interested, quotes for gown rental which I've found before deciding on purchasing once Designer Bridal Room in KL:
- Blessed Brides 1500, range is more european romantic
- Amanda Lee 1800-2200, range is extensively asian neo-classical, romantic, you name it. The folks there are designers themselves and are extremely helpful
- Gallerie Bridal from 200 onwards, gown designs are nice however gown might not be full piece material in front so does not look as sleek

Pre-wedding decided at Colmar Tropicale mainly due to the cooler weather and shorter transport time compared to Aust, Europe etc. Photographer is Benson Yin at extremely good rates.

Actual video by Ichiro Films, tacky and wacky team of folks who are always ready to tell your story via films. :)

Any info you might need, just PM me or msg here.

G&Z

G&Z, which lady served you at Capella? I was transferred from Steven to Nina, then to Priscilla (the director) then to Shierly (the AM). All are bloody hopeless... I love the venue but am struggling to put up with the crap from this team...

Shue or sheu sth then Jennifer.. Nina is jennifer's assistant.. Mostly they deal with my planners.. Sigh how about bring it to higher management?

mcpig

Pek chek... haizz.. now im thinking of doing everything myself (if they allow tung lok catering) or change hotel..

Hi babe, hotels won't allow outside catering so I suggest you start looking for alternatives in case it cannot be resolved. But if you have signed the contract pls do check what you are liable for if you cancel your banquet...

G&Z

Pek chek... haizz.. now im thinking of doing everything myself (if they allow tung lok catering) or change hotel..
so you have not sign contract? why would there be an error on the pricing? it does not make sense...

if you have not make any deposit and sign any contract, consider changing venue? or alternative is to bring to their higher management....

elly_z

So fast! Which bridal boutique did u engage?

Ya due to work commitment have to do it early.
And am glad that I chose to do it this year, cos now my photos are still in the midst of editing! Did my photoshoot in March.
I took France Paris located in Taipei.

zrhs

Saw the news reported that haze will becoming in next few months ... If real, hopefully it will be gone by sept and don't clash with my PS! Now in the midst of research for PS locations and props.. Next month shall go recee the locations...

Any recommendation for props ideas and locations for ps in sg ?

mcpig

Saw the news reported that haze will becoming in next few months ... If real, hopefully it will be gone by sept and don't clash with my PS! Now in the midst of research for PS locations and props.. Next month shall go recee the locations...

Any recommendation for props ideas and locations for ps in sg ?

Prop ideas: balloons, giant diamond ring, chalkboard, scene board, lightsticks/firework sticks or basically anything that is significant to u (soft toys he bought u etc)

Locations: what kinda locations r u looking at? Outdoor?

so you have not sign contract? why would there be an error on the pricing? it does not make sense...

if you have not make any deposit and sign any contract, consider changing venue? or alternative is to bring to their higher management....

That's the pain of it all. They give me one price during discussion then another price in the contract. We have decided to give them up. Looking for 4 seasons, Orchard Parade where the both venue and food is good. Fingers-crossed everything turns out well and in time!!! :)

G&Z

That's the pain of it all. They give me one price during discussion then another price in the contract. We have decided to give them up. Looking for 4 seasons, Orchard Parade where the both venue and food is good. Fingers-crossed everything turns out well and in time!!! :)

Good luck!

Baoyi84

I'm a March 2015 BTB. Looking for photobooth and live band for my banquet. Any good ones to recommend?
Currently looking at Twenty one grams / One eye click live and Hello Forever, but dunno which to choose.

zrhs

Prop ideas: balloons, giant diamond ring, chalkboard, scene board, lightsticks/firework sticks or basically anything that is significant to u (soft toys he bought u etc)

Locations: what kinda locations r u looking at? Outdoor?

Not sure what I am looking for .. Maybe some greens like hort park .. Or some cafés.. Need to go recee and also trying to research more locations so I can plan the route and save time.. Now I am thinking if I should just change all to outdoor shoot ... But my package was 2 indoor gown n 2 outdoor gown .. Erm..

G&Z

I'm a March 2015 BTB. Looking for photobooth and live band for my banquet. Any good ones to recommend?
Currently looking at Twenty one grams / One eye click live and Hello Forever, but dunno which to choose.

I only heard about one eye click live.. Heard they r good.. U see if they have the props u need n what's the price like?

wrsugarlemon

Hihi, i'm mar btb too, does yr ad pg studio haf photobooth package as well?

elly_z

Not sure what I am looking for .. Maybe some greens like hort park .. Or some cafés.. Need to go recee and also trying to research more locations so I can plan the route and save time.. Now I am thinking if I should just change all to outdoor shoot ... But my package was 2 indoor gown n 2 outdoor gown .. Erm..

You can try going to Kombi Rocks, Wheeler's Yard - if you like vintage feel. :)

G&Z

Anyone know how much average to give ap on a weekday rom at amara sentosa ?
Is it in the famous glasshouse? I knw lunch at least $105...