(2015) 2015 brides??

G&Z

I am looking at wedding luncheon. and looking at only 20-25tables.

Wanna try raffles hotel? Their ballroom max 25 tables..

mcpig

I am looking at wedding luncheon. and looking at only 20-25tables.

I'll check the min tables for lunch tonight for you, usually lunch they are more lenient.

Oh and did you consider conrad? They can do that number for lunch. Their package price is slightly higher, but its for tables of 12 so if you calculate per pax its about the same as any other hotels :)

xueyu

congrats! I signed up with Crowne Plaza too :) the ballroom really pretty right? my coordinator is Christina, I wonder is Christine the same person..

Hahahaha it's Christina. Typo! OMG we have the same coordinator! Bf's more interested in the suite and I had been to two weddings there before already, so the draw was the suite.

xueyu

my initial plan is renov done and then wedding so i can move in straight to new home. but no exact plan of when will we get the key.

any Sk bride to be?

Well...i'm a soon to be SK-er. My bto's in SK, am i counted as SK btb? Anyway regarding your question about being penalised, CP has a penalty. if you paid the deposit of $5k and decided to pospone it, cancellaion charge is based on 25% of num of tables. meaning if one table is 1k (for easy calculations i'm using 1k), min tables 15, if u cancel, it would be 25% x 15 X 1k = 3.75k

RS_

I'll check the min tables for lunch tonight for you, usually lunch they are more lenient.

Oh and did you consider conrad? They can do that number for lunch. Their package price is slightly higher, but its for tables of 12 so if you calculate per pax its about the same as any other hotels :)
Hmm...a thing to note, heard from some btbs that conrad does not have projectors, they will charge if you need (well, of course you need :p). Remember to confirm with them if keen to sign up with them :)

alyooop

hi jan'15 brides! can share when do u start to select your gown & then photoshoot?
Sry for late reply! Busy at work and didn't have time to come on forum >.<

I bought a short dress online instead of getting a gown coz we're doing a simple rom + buffet lunch. Photoshoot is AD only, will be going for more candid kind, just to document the day. But our photographer mentioned that if at the end we haven't used up the full 5hr of our package he can help us do couple shots at the venue.

I actually started researching for ideas a year before so around Dec '12/Jan '13. Went through pinterest and buzzfeed diy pages and saved tips and photos. You can Google for planning schedules so you don't feel lost about when to do what. I combined the one I found online (i think it's more suitable for couples in US) and one I found on a local website, then check with my bridesmaid (she helped with a few weddings before so she knows better than me what to do), before settling my own schedule.

If you're looking at selecting bridal studios you might wanna ask the other btbs here since I didn't go that route haha, but of course the earlier you start looking the best, so you don't feel stressed from having less time to plan. If it helps any, my dress was delivered 2 days ago (it fits! Phew!) and we settled our photographer 3 weeks ago :)

cerealc

I think tables of 12 only applies to Conrad dinners (min 35-40 tables). For their luncheon, the package price is based on fixed tables of 10. :)

cerealc

I understand your worries... cos im facing the same issue as you too! actually if you book the AD package with the bridal studio (just AD gowns, with no AD photography), the BS will include car deco and men's suit. so not to worry about that! I have signed with z wedding for my AD gowns. but i am having second thoughts so i might be selling it off =x saw nicer gowns at silhouette the atelier. argh.. decisions decisions..

Hi there, can you share with me your package at Z Wedding and Silhouette? I am planning to go the ala-carte way as well and also shortlisting these two BS. Also considering Rico A Mona and La Belle Couture.

Hi there, can you share with me your package at Z Wedding and Silhouette? I am planning to go the ala-carte way as well and also shortlisting these two BS. Also considering Rico A Mona and La Belle Couture.

hi ceralc, I went down to both shops to enquire. the normal AD package at z wedding is at 3888++ and silhouette is at 4280nett.

z wedding consists 1 OTR WG, 1 OTR EG, 2 mens' suit. Silhouette consists of 1 OTR WR, 1 OTR EG, 1 MTM men's suit. Both includes car deco, AD bouquet, corsages, makeup etc (the usual stuff). the gowns at silhouette are absolutely gorgeous. but they are unable to offer FOC kua or short white dress for tea ceremony. So you will have to get your own if u're intending to change your outfit during tea ceremony.

cerealc

hi ceralc, I went down to both shops to enquire. the normal AD package at z wedding is at 3888++ and silhouette is at 4280nett. z wedding consists 1 OTR WG, 1 OTR EG, 2 mens' suit. Silhouette consists of 1 OTR WR, 1 OTR EG, 1 MTM men's suit. Both includes car deco, AD bouquet, corsages, makeup etc (the usual stuff). the gowns at silhouette are absolutely gorgeous. but they are unable to offer FOC kua or short white dress for tea ceremony. So you will have to get your own if u're intending to change your outfit during tea ceremony.

Yup, the Silhouette gowns really look good! And I read that once you booked the gown, the gown will be reserved for only you until you wear it. But it's a tad expensive isn't it, considering that the price at other BS may even have included photography..

Are you gg to change to take up SIL instead? Wow, the gowns must have really attracted you to change. Do you happen to have visited Rico A Mona/ La belle couture as well? :)

G&Z

Yup, the Silhouette gowns really look good! And I read that once you booked the gown, the gown will be reserved for only you until you wear it. But it's a tad expensive isn't it, considering that the price at other BS may even have included photography..

Are you gg to change to take up SIL instead? Wow, the gowns must have really attracted you to change. Do you happen to have visited Rico A Mona/ La belle couture as well? :)

My fren used silhouette and they really reserve the gown for u n will not bring it out for others to try once u cfm.. My bff used la belle.. She manage to get them to throw in bridesmaids dresses but I think she uses connection.. Their service quite okay though I went to level 2(where they kept the stock) n it's very messy..

cerealc

My fren used silhouette and they really reserve the gown for u n will not bring it out for others to try once u cfm.. My bff used la belle.. She manage to get them to throw in bridesmaids dresses but I think she uses connection.. Their service quite okay though I went to level 2(where they kept the stock) n it's very messy..

So which one would you be booking with? :) Heard that there is a BS pretty similar to Silhouette - The Wedding Present. But not too sure on the package details.

cerealc

Do you all girls know when is the next big Wedding fair coming up? BOWS was over in last Jan right?

Would there still be "The Wedding Village" fair at Suntec this year? There was one pretty good one held for last year. Wonder whether there would be more attractiv photography/ gown packages deals there, but bear with the risk that the preferred dates/ coordinators/ photographers would be snapped up.

traciee

Do you all girls know when is the next big Wedding fair coming up? BOWS was over in last Jan right?

Would there still be "The Wedding Village" fair at Suntec this year? There was one pretty good one held for last year. Wonder whether there would be more attractiv photography/ gown packages deals there, but bear with the risk that the preferred dates/ coordinators/ photographers would be snapped up.

Bows is coming up in august this year! Their website just updated recently... www.bows.sg ! :)) im looking forward too as some of the bridal boutiques I've shortlisted are their exhibitors! Hope to get good deals.

Yep, that's right. They will reserve the gown for you till your AD. But in between the confirmation of gowns to your AD, if there is a need to bring out the gowns for any photoshoot, they allow that as well. But pity, i have already signed up with a taiwan BS for my pre-wed shoot. tat was really on impulse. zzz

I'm still contemplating if I should take up silhouette cos I tried on the mermaid gowns and i loved how they looked on me! Z wedding's expertise is probably more on ball gown silhouette, which i'm ok but im more inclined to mermaid style. So it depends on which kind of style you like :)

Walked into rico a mona once... din really like their gowns. too sparkly and over-the-top for me. u can try digio also (they are under the same parent company). tried on their gowns.. but the workmanship is really poor and the gowns looked kinda worn out. Din enquire about la belle couture, so can't advise! hope the above helps! :)

when is ur AD? :)

G&Z

So which one would you be booking with? :) Heard that there is a BS pretty similar to Silhouette - The Wedding Present. But not too sure on the package details.
to be honest, the only thing I'm done about the wedding is the venue is booked... other than that, I'm on the fence... or rather I'm just so lazy and busy to do anything now...

my wedding planner is going to intro me to this Caucasian lady who made bridal gowns and see if i like her designs... but I really like bridal veil by michelle huimin...

if you let me choose between silhouette and la belle, i think I will choose silhouette... yea I heard about the wedding present... have you thought of trying bridal closet? I have a fren who used her... you can check out her gown at her blog - nadnut.com

zrhs

to be honest, the only thing I'm done about the wedding is the venue is booked... other than that, I'm on the fence... or rather I'm just so lazy and busy to do anything now...

my wedding planner is going to intro me to this Caucasian lady who made bridal gowns and see if i like her designs... but I really like bridal veil by michelle huimin...

if you let me choose between silhouette and la belle, i think I will choose silhouette... yea I heard about the wedding present... have you thought of trying bridal closet? I have a fren who used her... you can check out her gown at her blog - nadnut.com

La belle is getting more and more popular because of the collaboration with mediacorp. Im not sure if the service level drops anot as i just saw another complaints in facebook. I believed that all bs has good and bad reviews prehaps just that person met a wrong coordinator.
I lost my motivation in planning my wedding. Same as you, only booked BS & Venue and stopped at pg/vg and haven been looking at them again. sooo lazyyyyyyyyyy.......

Hey @hidamari We are going to make our decision this weekend once we evaluate our guestlist & the packages one more time. Our wedding date is tentatively 5th Dec 2015.

5th Dec 2015 is our intended date too. but sadly CP for this date is taken up. i hope the prices for 2016 wont hike up so much. btw i am planning for lunch banquet. =)

Wow, and I thought I'm very kanchiong to book mid Dec 2015 already, but actually got others like me :D

Same here, settled banquet within a month of being proposed to, then just taking it easy now. Dunno is it impulsive or what :oops:

stephiey

I settled my BS, Banquet and wedding band with the month I was proposed to also. now nothing to look forward just chillax and wait till next yr Sept. LOL!

I booked with ParkRoyal at Pickering for June 2015. Yup, many people are planning in advance (me inclusive). Initially, I enquired about weekend dates in Sep & Oct and most of the Saturday dates are taken already! That's 1.5 years in advance

For pre-wedding, I signed up with BlueBay. I like it that they are very transparent with their pricing and clearly indicate what's included and not included in their package. I signed up with them to avoid the annoying tactics and attitude problems that local bridal studios are notorious for.

I managed to get a good price and some freebies thrown in for BlueBay. If anyone's interested, you may quote my referral code and ask to match my package. That's what I did too. No need to aim for roadshow & no need to negotiate at all. Each of us will also get 6 additional photos for free (worth S$480). The 6 free photos are applicable regardless which country you go for photo shoot. On top of that, I am willing to offer S$50 cash upon successful referral.

Contact me at [email protected]

traciee

I only settled my banquet and intend to confirm bridal studio by Aug - Sept this year. After that can sit back n relax till the big day in Nov 2015 liao. Hahahahahah!

zrhs

I only settled my banquet and intend to confirm bridal studio by Aug - Sept this year. After that can sit back n relax till the big day in Nov 2015 liao. Hahahahahah!

its only the beginning... cannot relax one.. plan early is good that you have ample times... Because you still need to plan PG / VG , decides ur gowns, your pre-wedding location, your AD schedule, sister and brother, GDL, guestlist and many more when it ocmes.

Things is not so smooth ... i taste the beginning tough already

Jacqlwl

I settled my BS, Banquet and wedding band with the month I was proposed to also. now nothing to look forward just chillax and wait till next yr Sept. LOL!

Wedding bands from where? It's like every shop has the same thing don't know whr to start looking from zzz

G&Z

La belle is getting more and more popular because of the collaboration with mediacorp. Im not sure if the service level drops anot as i just saw another complaints in facebook. I believed that all bs has good and bad reviews prehaps just that person met a wrong coordinator.
I lost my motivation in planning my wedding. Same as you, only booked BS & Venue and stopped at pg/vg and haven been looking at them again. sooo lazyyyyyyyyyy.......

Go with ur heart on the bridal shop.. I think I will decide the bridal by end of this yewr

G&Z

Same here, settled banquet within a month of being proposed to, then just taking it easy now. Dunno is it impulsive or what :oops:

Wow! I have not even got proposed! Haha don't think so much on it anymore.. Since u make the choice on the banquet, go with it.. Chop chop settle good ma..

G&Z

Wedding bands from where? It's like every shop has the same thing don't know whr to start looking from zzz

Depends on what kind you like? Thot of customised wedding bands? I heard link jewellery not bad but my bf kinda set his eyes on tiff & Co.. Go check out the link jewellery :)

traciee

its only the beginning... cannot relax one.. plan early is good that you have ample times... Because you still need to plan PG / VG , decides ur gowns, your pre-wedding location, your AD schedule, sister and brother, GDL, guestlist and many more when it ocmes.

Things is not so smooth ... i taste the beginning tough already

Thanks babe for the advice! But I've already shortlisted a few PGs! And only gonna approach them around Oct - Dec this year.. I wont be having sisters brothers GDL etc.. but gonna start the bridal studio visit next month! Hehe.

G&Z

bridal settled. venue settled.
will try to settle PG / VG next month...
i think i have over target my tables... i am now worried i am unable to fill the 32tables of mine now.
feeling stress up again .. sian
Don't be sian.. I'm sure you can fill up.. You can ask your parents to invite more frens..

my PG I may sign up in Aug. VG we kinda narrow it down to who we want.. May cfm them soon... Bridal still on fence..

zrhs

Don't be sian.. I'm sure you can fill up.. You can ask your parents to invite more frens..

my PG I may sign up in Aug. VG we kinda narrow it down to who we want.. May cfm them soon... Bridal still on fence..

Are u engaging ur pg n vg separately? I was thinking if to get both under 1 company or same partner for better discount . Wondering the pros n cons of engaging it separately .. Too many pg n vg .. See until very confuse keke

G&Z

Are u engaging ur pg n vg separately? I was thinking if to get both under 1 company or same partner for better discount . Wondering the pros n cons of engaging it separately .. Too many pg n vg .. See until very confuse keke

yup... usually if you get them under 1 company, you will get discount.. it all depends on what you want and like.. the PG we like do not have VG... and we really like Rekordhaus after looking at a few... so we shld be engaging them separately

Hello! im also a BTB in Q2 2015 but dates are not confirmed yet. Seeing so many of you already working on the wedding is making me anxious! Just a question, I have not heard of anybody choosing Hilton hotel yet. We quite like their menu so does anybody know if the food is good?
I'm choosing Hilton. Tried their food and its good! Where have you booked?

Lemons

The PG I engaged has a collaboration package with a VG, which is good value for what they are providing, plus they worked together many times, so don't have to worry about chemistry. If you're engaging PG & VG separately, remember to consider whether they can work well together.

I also contacted Rekodhaus about their package, their works r good!

G&Z

i saw Rekodhaus video before not bad but the thing i dont like is that it seem quite many out of focus shoot.. like blur than sharp.... i just dont like too much blurry shoots.. lol
i am very picky but see until confuse.
What I did was I found reckordhaus in Oct/Nov 13.. I took a break from all these.. Saw a few more n still prefer reckordhaus.. You can try my method :)

Azel-O

I have booked lunch banquet in Conrad for feb 2015. Min tables - 20 tables of 10 to max 32 tables. I was told the table size is exactly the one they used for dinner banquet thus for lunch, the table can hold up to 12paxs for 1opaxs seating and that means ample space for the guests!! :)

cerealc

Yep, that's right. They will reserve the gown for you till your AD. But in between the confirmation of gowns to your AD, if there is a need to bring out the gowns for any photoshoot, they allow that as well. But pity, i have already signed up with a taiwan BS for my pre-wed shoot. tat was really on impulse. zzz

I'm still contemplating if I should take up silhouette cos I tried on the mermaid gowns and i loved how they looked on me! Z wedding's expertise is probably more on ball gown silhouette, which i'm ok but im more inclined to mermaid style. So it depends on which kind of style you like :)

Walked into rico a mona once... din really like their gowns. too sparkly and over-the-top for me. u can try digio also (they are under the same parent company). tried on their gowns.. but the workmanship is really poor and the gowns looked kinda worn out. Din enquire about la belle couture, so can't advise! hope the above helps! :)

when is ur AD? :)

My AD would be Nov 2015. Thought of planning early, as need some time spent on house reno planning next year too! Don't know if I'm too kiasu to start looking/ booking the Bridal gowns, photography stuff, prob wait and see the upcoming August wedding fairs..

But so afraid of the aggressive sales pitches by the bridal studios, which I'll be easily swayed.. Haha

When's ur AD? :)

bridal settled. venue settled.
will try to settle PG / VG next month...
i think i have over target my tables... i am now worried i am unable to fill the 32tables of mine now.
feeling stress up again .. sian

Is it bridal doesn't provide PG & VG? I thought just sign up with one bridal and they will cover everything :eek: