(2015) 2015 brides??

Jacqlwl

Hi, for me pre-wed is taking this Oct. Next yr Chinese ceremony and AD is Sept. BTO should be end year. TSK.. $$$$ fly!
But im excited. for me im trying to do it simple and save my money for reno instead.
BTO is at punggol :) any punggols bride to be?

I also consulted my wedding date with master.
Punggol! :) Where's yours?

tulipkiss

ladies , think on the positive side! once u settle all the wedding and house, u and ur husband can start saving together for your future life. whereas for me, I don't know how much budget I need to set aside for Reno and wedding cos I am getting married next year without a house. my flat will prob take 2 yr for it to be ready cos I balloted 7 times before I finally got a decent queue number! geez.. anyone knows how much to set aside for Reno?

depends on how extensive your reno work/design is gonna be. my friend signed with an ID (design + reno), package is slightly less than 30k for a 3 bedroom condo (which is hdb 4 room size).

mcpig

depends on how extensive your reno work/design is gonna be. my friend signed with an ID (design + reno), package is slightly less than 30k for a 3 bedroom condo (which is hdb 4 room size).

HDB will probably be more expensive as condos usually already have full flooring, and cabinets and built in wardrobes.

mcpig

I decided to change date. My HTB said must expand our selection. Haha! Looking at around $1,200++ per table.

Here are some hotels you might want to consider:-

1. Parkroyal @ Beach Road (Sky Ballroom 25-30/ Grand Ballroom 35-45)
2. Hotel Fort Canning (Legends Ballroom 23-40/Grand Marquee 25-50)
3. Marina Mandarin (they have a smaller ballroom upstairs of up to 30 tables)
4. Traders (20-30 tables)
5. Concorde (35-50 tables)
6. Orchard Hotel
7. Marina Bay Sands

G&Z

anybody has experience to share? :)
From what I know, they will let you use their venue for free if doing it on the same day... If 1 year apart, think there will be a fee for it

stephiey

My BTO is punggol waterway sundew. now only 3rd floor. hahaha!!

Sophia's weddings so far really quite good. But have not taken my PS so I cannot comment much yet.
I signed becos I really like their service and gown!
4888 all in.
AD 10hrs photography which I have to split into 2 days.
23/09/15 Wednesday is my Chinese ceremony
27/09/15 is banquet dinner
35 photos
The rest I think same package as other BS

I saw renotalk and some decent reno only cost 20-25k.
i'm thinking of getting contractor I/o ID though.
heard is a lot cheaper but at the same time going to be a lot of overseeing work to do.
planning to hack kitchen and do a wet/dry area
the rest should be jus doing normal kind of reno.

tulipkiss

HDB will probably be more expensive as condos usually already have full flooring, and cabinets and built in wardrobes.

oh yah, that's true! but it really depends on the design and extent of the reno works.

so far a few quotations shared by my future neighbours ranges 20-30k for 3 bedroom + living room ID+reno. i am budgeting +/- 25k for mine since i don't intend to do much reno works and getting a contractor friend to do it (hopefully got friendship price, hahaha!)

not too sure how much to budget for furnitures though.. hmm :/

tulipkiss

My BTO is punggol waterway sundew. now only 3rd floor. hahaha!!

Sophia's weddings so far really quite good. But have not taken my PS so I cannot comment much yet.
I signed becos I really like their service and gown!
4888 all in.
AD 10hrs photography which I have to split into 2 days.
23/09/15 Wednesday is my Chinese ceremony
27/09/15 is banquet dinner
35 photos
The rest I think same package as other BS

u're splitting customary and banquet into 2 days? :) i'm curious, can i ask how come? haha.

stephiey

@tulipkiss becos the shifu say 23/09 Wednesday is a good day for customary+banquet. but we know dinner pple don't like to go on weekdays, so we decide to split.
and we ask the master he say dinner on 27/09 sunday is fine. Sunday is Chinese mid autumn festival

oh, btw my BTO is 5rm and I opt for flooring and doors. becos me and HTB feels that since that amt can be paid with CPF, meaning we will have abit more to spend on reno itself

hidamari

me and htb have decided to hold our AD on 2016 instead. focus on renov in 2015, less stressful. any btb have any renov sites to recommend? not sure what are the things to look for renov.

tulipkiss

@tulipkiss becos the shifu say 23/09 Wednesday is a good day for customary+banquet. but we know dinner pple don't like to go on weekdays, so we decide to split.
and we ask the master he say dinner on 27/09 sunday is fine. Sunday is Chinese mid autumn festival

oh, btw my BTO is 5rm and I opt for flooring and doors. becos me and HTB feels that since that amt can be paid with CPF, meaning we will have abit more to spend on reno itself

ohh icic!

u mean BTOs don't come with doors??

tulipkiss

me and htb have decided to hold our AD on 2016 instead. focus on renov in 2015, less stressful. any btb have any renov sites to recommend? not sure what are the things to look for renov.

dont stress :) how about ur ROM? need to produce cert when ur house is ready right?

i dunno what to look out for also :( try renotalk forum recommended by mcpig?

i'll be asking one future neighbour to go and check the house tgt with us cos he's an engineer/something in a developer firm. then reno works leave to my friend (can be trusted) *whew*

hidamari

dont stress :) how about ur ROM? need to produce cert when ur house is ready right?

i dunno what to look out for also :( try renotalk forum recommended by mcpig?

i'll be asking one future neighbour to go and check the house tgt with us cos he's an engineer/something in a developer firm. then reno works leave to my friend (can be trusted) *whew*

cos my bto will only come around 3rd Q of 2015. therefore it will be rush if i were to hold AD in end 2015. i intend to ROM and AD on the same day. i rmb the HDB officer did mentioned to me as long as i am able to produce the banquet details to them, it will be acceptable.

yea i look through renovtalk, but totally lost. if i engage ID, they will help to engage contractor for us?
for contractor, it will be ala cat?

tulipkiss

cos my bto will only come around 3rd Q of 2015. therefore it will be rush if i were to hold AD in end 2015. i intend to ROM and AD on the same day. i rmb the HDB officer did mentioned to me as long as i am able to produce the banquet details to them, it will be acceptable.

yea i look through renovtalk, but totally lost. if i engage ID, they will help to engage contractor for us?
for contractor, it will be ala cat?

ohhh okok that's good then!

i was abit lost in renotalk forum too, haha. depends on package? the packages my future neighbours got are ID + reno works one.
some "ala carte" contractors can also help with designing, though they may not be specialized in it. if u're not asking for fanciful designs, n roughly know what u want, then hiring a contractor would be cheaper. no need spend extra for ID.

stephiey

@hidamari also keep in mind that prices for banquet increase every year ya :)

most of the ID provide on stop service. it's a lot easier if u get ID to do everything for u.
so that If any problems with ur hse, u can look for the ID, if u get contractor, means u will have to deal with a lot of different contractors which will be quite tricky.
but I heard the prices differ like 5-10k? not sure but my htb wans to go for contractor becos he feels it's more hands on for the hse I guess.

for my hse, I wont go for fanciful designs, Im going for white, woody style, abit Scandinavian+modern feel
most imptly I wan to create a lot of storage space becos I like space.
ops, I think this has become a reno talk. Off topic here! o_O:eek::p:confused:

hidamari

yes we did factor in the increase of banquet. rather than moving in with the in law for that few months, it will be better to hold in 2016. also save the hassle of moving twice.

do you guys move in the in law first before waiting for your bto? or will you rather wait till your new house is renov and move in straight after wedding?

stephiey

I'm already staying with my HTB since we got together. :p

if i'm in your shoes I would wait for my BTO, like u said, save the hassle of moving twice.

G&Z

yes we did factor in the increase of banquet. rather than moving in with the in law for that few months, it will be better to hold in 2016. also save the hassle of moving twice.

do you guys move in the in law first before waiting for your bto? or will you rather wait till your new house is renov and move in straight after wedding?

Will be staying at my place.. My workplace is much nearer to my place.. After that that get a new place.. Don't think can get hdb as currently I co-own the hdb with parents.. May get smaller condo but it all depends

traciee

Me too also alr staying with my HTB since we got together :) but weekends will be at my place.. going to contunue this practice till we got our own flat :)

hidamari

i do not have the practice of staying together... so a bit worry if move in with the in law after wedding. but this will save us the hike up in wedding banquet.

stephiey

@leen_10 if u wan walk-in think u have to hack a room to make ur bedroom bigger.
if not the room is too small for a walk-in unless u don't mind a small walk-in wardrobe lo?
I also like walk-in but sometimes so lazy to tidy up!

leen_10

Ya ... still thinking whether to have it anot . Actually I also don't need it to be quite big but still have to hack the other room to make my bedroom bigger a bit .
My friend hack her other room as her walk in wardrobe , like quite shiok

mcpig

Hi Babes

Just a tip on looking at Renotalk forum. You can go into the t-Blog Chat in the forum: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/forum/50-reno-t-blog-chat/

This is actually for house owners to document their renovation progress. You can look at some of the things they did for their houses. If you like the style/ workmanship, drop them a message and ask them who is their ID/contractor. I actually learn a lot by browsing through the forum because these owners have so many tips to share, like for eg: they buy stuffs from Taobao and save a lot because it costs a fraction of what SG is charging.

Also from the threads you can see which contractors/IDs are good :) They can also provide you with the quotes they've gotten.

G&Z

i do not have the practice of staying together... so a bit worry if move in with the in law after wedding. but this will save us the hike up in wedding banquet.
Hmm try to rotate the in laws place n urs?

tulipkiss

for my hse, I wont go for fanciful designs, Im going for white, woody style, abit Scandinavian+modern feel
most imptly I wan to create a lot of storage space becos I like space.
ops, I think this has become a reno talk. Off topic here! o_O:eek::p:confused:

hahaah, house/reno is also part of BTBs' concern isn't it :p
i like white woody designs too! :) but afraid white hard to maintain :( my friend's house turned, ermmm, off-white after 2 years... :eek:

tulipkiss

actually if u don't mind.. then just remain at individual places until ur new house is ready?

tulipkiss

Ya ... still thinking whether to have it anot . Actually I also don't need it to be quite big but still have to hack the other room to make my bedroom bigger a bit .
My friend hack her other room as her walk in wardrobe , like quite shiok

not all walls can be hacked one right?
maybe can just "connected" the bedroom to the WIW via a door. i'm thinking of WIW too! :) cos the normal wardrobes not enough for clothings -_-

hidamari

Hi Babes

Just a tip on looking at Renotalk forum. You can go into the t-Blog Chat in the forum: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/forum/50-reno-t-blog-chat/

This is actually for house owners to document their renovation progress. You can look at some of the things they did for their houses. If you like the style/ workmanship, drop them a message and ask them who is their ID/contractor. I actually learn a lot by browsing through the forum because these owners have so many tips to share, like for eg: they buy stuffs from Taobao and save a lot because it costs a fraction of what SG is charging.

Also from the threads you can see which contractors/IDs are good :) They can also provide you with the quotes they've gotten.

thanks @mcpig! this is a great forum! thank you for sharing with us =)

stephiey

actually to see if the wall can be hack or not very simple, the bold lines are the ones that's unhackable
the rest is ok to hack

mcpig

Hi Babes

I've been to quite a few venues to rackee for my wedding banquet. Just sharing here so if any btbs are interested or need more info, you can just pm me for details.

Here goes:-
1. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
2. Marriott
3. Marina Mandarin
4. Swissotel/Fairmont
5. Parkroyal @ Beach Road
6. Parkroyal @ Pickering
7. Hotel Fort Canning
8. Traders
9. Rasa Sentosa

C&J

Hi Babes

I've been to quite a few venues to rackee for my wedding banquet. Just sharing here so if any btbs are interested or need more info, you can just pm me for details.

2. Marriott
3. Marina Mandarin
4. Swissotel/Fairmont
6. Parkroyal @ Pickering
7. Hotel Fort Canning
8. Traders
9. Rasa Sentosa
Hi mcpig...
So from the list which one will u recommend? Can you Pm me at [email protected] for Marriott and Marina Mandarin ??

Thanks for sharing!

hidamari

Hi Babes

2. Marriott
3. Marina Mandarin
4. Swissotel/Fairmont
6. Parkroyal @ Pickering
7. Hotel Fort Canning
8. Traders
9. Rasa Sentosa

yo babe! have you chosen your banquet and decided the date?

mcpig

Hi mcpig...
So from the list which one will u recommend? Can you Pm me at [email protected] for Marriott and Marina Mandarin ??

Thanks for sharing!

Hi dear, will email you the packages when I'm home because for these both I have the hard copy, no soft.

How many guests are you expecting? Because the minimum number of tables for Marriott is 35 for weekends dinner and 45 for Marina Mandarin weekends dinner.

hidamari

5th Dec 2015 is our intended date too. but sadly CP for this date is taken up. i hope the prices for 2016 wont hike up so much. btw i am planning for lunch banquet. =)

mcpig

5th Dec 2015 is our intended date too. but sadly CP for this date is taken up. i hope the prices for 2016 wont hike up so much. btw i am planning for lunch banquet. =)

Oh in that case faster book your 2016 lunch then, so you can secure the date. For me the banquet is the biggest thing, if I haven't book this, is as good as wedding not fixed yet.

stephiey

Yep, only after I booked my banquet then I feel like I can really start planning for my wedding also.

think maybe sept will be out for early 2016
usually is 30++ more for every half a year

G&Z

Yep, only after I booked my banquet then I feel like I can really start planning for my wedding also.

think maybe sept will be out for early 2016
usually is 30++ more for every half a year

I feel the same way..

G&Z

yes i have checked with CP but 2016 banquet package is not yet out.
think it will only be out early next year?
Try asking them if u can tentatively book the date first? If ur wedding in jan 16, they may able to offer u 2015 price

Lemons

That's what we did for our luncheon in Jan'15. The hotel offered us 2014 prices when we enquired during this past Feb.

Reactions: G&Z

C&J

Hi dear, will email you the packages when I'm home because for these both I have the hard copy, no soft.

How many guests are you expecting? Because the minimum number of tables for Marriott is 35 for weekends dinner and 45 for Marina Mandarin weekends dinner.
I am looking at wedding luncheon. and looking at only 20-25tables.