(2015) 2015 brides??

tulipkiss

lol, what "coincidence".. all because of housing :/
i've decided on 2014 ROM and 2015 AD. so am i 2014 or 2015 BTB?? :p

I feel like changing our ROM date again.. cos house completion delayed to mid 2015.
Heng don't need to see Master for dates since it's just a simple ROM. coz parents say it's inauspicious to change once we have selected a date with the Master.

Is it better to have it 12/13/14, nice consecutive date which is coincidentally our 2000th day of dating (as well as his current house unit number -_- lolx).

Or simply on our dating anniversary in 2015? Was thinking, if it's same date as dating anniversary, one less date to remember in future keke :p Then AD, will be a year later or so.. On ROM anniversary :)

sherlin

I feel like changing our ROM date again.. cos house completion delayed to mid 2015.
Heng don't need to see Master for dates since it's just a simple ROM. coz parents say it's inauspicious to change once we have selected a date with the Master.

Is it better to have it 12/13/14, nice consecutive date which is coincidentally our 2000th day of dating (as well as his current house unit number -_- lolx).

Or simply on our dating anniversary in 2015? Was thinking, if it's same date as dating anniversary, one less date to remember in future keke :p Then AD, will be a year later or so.. On ROM anniversary :)
Good idea. Haha!

marchbtb_15

Hi btb. My wedding date is fixed on march 2015. Was thinking if I should rebond my hair this coming march? And I m going for my wedding photoshooting on sept next year. Any suggestion? :)

tulipkiss

Hi btb. My wedding date is fixed on march 2015. Was thinking if I should rebond my hair this coming march? And I m going for my wedding photoshooting on sept next year. Any suggestion? :)

I would think rebonding 1.5years beforehand is fine.. But better check with your bridal studio! Some hair stylist cannot work well with rebonded hair.

PURPLEGLITZ

Hi all BTB!,

My AD is fixed on jan 2015 too! so fast many ppl alr planning for end 2015!!..
Would like to ask what kind of accessories do you plan to wear on your big day? (exclude those si dian jin).
And also which bridal to rent gowns from as im going ala carte, not taking studio packages.

bearine

Hmmm.. If I'm not wrong, is more impt to see the Master for dates for the 1st ceremony i.e. ROM. Officially husband and wife? that's what I was told, and read from some other online sources.

That is what David Tong advocates. Different ppl sees things differently. I think ultimately what parents want and own comfort level most impt

Catherine Soon

Our wedding is planned for next year but I kind of want to delay to 2015 to give us more time. I want to save up more money to have a bigger wedding, but my husband-to-be wants to get it over with... Arghh

tulipkiss

Our wedding is planned for next year but I kind of want to delay to 2015 to give us more time. I want to save up more money to have a bigger wedding, but my husband-to-be wants to get it over with... Arghh

Uh oh, there needs to be a compromise of some sorts. Don't angry, chill and talk to your HTB :)
Maybe first understand why he wants a simple wedding and why yourself wants to have a "bigger" one? How "big" actually?

I once wanted a grand wedding. But now after attending so many weddings, and relatively nearing to mine (probably 2015 or 16), I realise there's no need for a grand wedding (for me personally) at all. What matters more is the marriage (the 50 years ahead) instead of the wedding ceremony.

A grand wedding would only cost you more, or unless you are extremely rich and don't need that extra 10k, 20k or 30k for a long holiday or earlier retirement or for downpayment to that second property earlier than planned. And guests don't usually remembers exactly what happened during the wedding! There may be comments for the next few days of the wedding such as "oh the food is better than XYZ hotel I was at last week." "the decor is really romantic" or "aww, what a grand wedding, the family must be rich. lucky couple." That's all. Just for that few days. And that's provided the wedding is indeed grand enough (I can only think of those held at unique venues like the SEA aquarium or having a celebrities or celebrity host that sort of thing..). Otherwise, even if it's just normal grand, people might not even talk about it after that day :X

So for me, I would rather hold a simple wedding now (to please the elderlys and my HTB network of people/clients) and save the rest of the money for my second property so that I can get it sooner and retire earlier! :)

harlelynn

Hi all BTB !! I'm also a 2015 BTB !! Mine will also be fixed on Jan 2015 ... any recommendation when should i go for my photoshoot?? My ROM will be on 6/6/14..

cps555

hi all..just finish pre wedding photoshoot in spain...I sign the package with a team of ppl who previously work in the bridal line.if you all interested pm me ,can let u know the package...cos if I successfully recommended 2 couple they will return all the soft copy to [email protected] thanks

febulous

Hi all BTB, I am also a 2015 BTB. Mine should be in March. Nothing has been done yet. I became so panicky when I saw that most of you have done at least one or two things.

Christine86

Contacted Tirtha thru email. Seems like Sebastian not with them anymore. Was told that they have this planner from Japan with 7 years experience but thru the email he replied, he don't seems to know a thing.. Haiz... Well will keep on looking for one..

Rol-10

New here... Just went to BOWS and realized this isn't gonna be as easy as I thought. Anyone signed up for any BS yet?

myc

New here... Just went to BOWS and realized this isn't gonna be as easy as I thought. Anyone signed up for any BS yet?

Bows featured quite a number of well known bridal studios!

i sign with bluebay last sept. heees. they were at bows too

shermanjace

Hi ladies, I'm also 2015 bride! I haven't even decided on my dates! But tentatively June 2015. It's not kaisu. Hits good to plan early and forecast budget also. Need to get my dates now before we confirm the banquet :)

lianlau

Hi guys, due to personal reasons i will be letting go of my full bridal package from universal bridal studio.

package price is 3088. includes:

free choice of wedding gown

evening gown

super vip tea dress

2 gent's suit

studio, day and night makeup

accessories and head dress

studio bouquet, actual day bouquet, corsages

bridal car deco (also includes friends' cars)

photoshoot (indoor and outdoor, full day. photographer and MUA will follow. if don't want indoor can fully outdoor and vice versa)

5 photoshoot gowns

photos: 20x24 OR 3-in-1 frame

15R (30poses)

3-in-1 (4R) small x1pcs

soft copy of all selected pose

FREE ROM photography (3 hours)

FREE ROM gown (no makeup)

FREE father suit x2, brother suit x2, sister gown x1

eyelashes +ampoule is $40

willing to let it go at 2800 (price is HIGHLY negotiable)

please email me at [email protected] to discuss.

Hi all! I'm a BTB end 2014. Any recommendations on MUA for myself and mother for the actual day? Due to personal reasons, I am doing it the other way round. I having a wedding first then ROM later. Hahahaha. I have a MUA quoting me $1700 for her and her assistant for both my mother and myself. And mine is a wedding lunch. I thought it seems a little expensive.

ohjulie

Hi I'm a Jan 2015 BTB, but I've done my ROM separately in 2013 due to family. 1 year to go! Hope everyone's planning is going smoothly!

Invalid_Password

Uh oh, there needs to be a compromise of some sorts. Don't angry, chill and talk to your HTB :)
Maybe first understand why he wants a simple wedding and why yourself wants to have a "bigger" one? How "big" actually?

I once wanted a grand wedding. But now after attending so many weddings, and relatively nearing to mine (probably 2015 or 16), I realise there's no need for a grand wedding (for me personally) at all. What matters more is the marriage (the 50 years ahead) instead of the wedding ceremony.

A grand wedding would only cost you more, or unless you are extremely rich and don't need that extra 10k, 20k or 30k for a long holiday or earlier retirement or for downpayment to that second property earlier than planned. And guests don't usually remembers exactly what happened during the wedding! There may be comments for the next few days of the wedding such as "oh the food is better than XYZ hotel I was at last week." "the decor is really romantic" or "aww, what a grand wedding, the family must be rich. lucky couple." That's all. Just for that few days. And that's provided the wedding is indeed grand enough (I can only think of those held at unique venues like the SEA aquarium or having a celebrities or celebrity host that sort of thing..). Otherwise, even if it's just normal grand, people might not even talk about it after that day :X

So for me, I would rather hold a simple wedding now (to please the elderlys and my HTB network of people/clients) and save the rest of the money for my second property so that I can get it sooner and retire earlier! :)
I totally agree with you. Wedding is for one day and marriage is for life!

xueyu

Hi we don't have a date yet but setting it on 2015 tentatively! Looking around at the prices I almost fainted! Don't know where to start! Gan jeong spider liao....:(

Invalid_Password

:p I'm a Jan'15 BTB too! I thought I was kiasu, there are so many of you out there! Hello to all.. hope you gals n guys are excitedly planning for the event. I've just started mine. As there's still time, I slowly take my time, having to juggle between work n studies n wedding. So far so good..

marchbtb_15

I'm march 2015 bride! But going to get ROM in this sept. was thinking if there's any good JPs to recommend? My banquet have booked, bs booked! :) very kiasu me! :p

lianlau

Hi reposting cause i left out some details:

Hi guys, due to personal reasons i will be letting go of my full bridal package from universal bridal studio.

ROM:
rental of rom dress
groom's suit
makeup, hairstyling, accessories, headpiece
photography (3 hours)
Actual day:
free choice wedding gown
free choice evening gown
super vip tea dress
gent's suit x2
father suit x2, brother suit x2, sister gown x1
accessories and head dress
actual day bouquet
corsages
bridal car decoration
actual day + night photography, all photos returned softcopy in CD, photographer is gary (one of the better photographer in the studio)
makeup and hairdo

Photoshoot:
5 bride outfits
groom's suit
full day, locations up to you
photographer and MUA to follow (this one not written in contract but told verbally)

Photos:
20x24 x1 OR 3 in one frame
15R with 30 poses
3 in one (4R)
5R x2 (selected poses) from 15R album
soft copy of all selected poses

hidden costs:
eyelashes and ampoules at $40 nett
own transport

package open till 2018

can pay bridal studio in installments

asking for $3200 (price nego)

please email me at [email protected] to discuss.

Rol-10

Hi we don't have a date yet but setting it on 2015 tentatively! Looking around at the prices I almost fainted! Don't know where to start! Gan jeong spider liao....:(
Hahaha... Like u, I'm kinda lost too.. Settled on anything yet?

zrhs

Settle with a date first then u can start sourcing for hotel banquet with a budget... w/o dates u can just start by booking a bridal package ?

Plan the timeline so u will not end up too rushing for the photo shoot and hotel booking ...

ohjulie

Hello! Care to share more on your ROM? :) I plan to have ROM and banquet separate too.

I had mine last June at Tung Lok Signature, Clarke Quay. The max capacity for their private room (2 rooms combined to 1 can sit 3 tables of 40 persons). I chose there mainly because we could use the balcony for our solemnisation (really pretty if you do it in the evening) and the dining tables can sit a max of 14. The food was really really good, especially their fresh steamed fish and their wasabi prawn.

I will recommend Tung Lok for their food, so those who are considering a reasonably priced, smaller capacity wedding can consider any of their restaurants.

Just for a feel of the cost, I spent about $80 per person for the lunch, for 40 persons.

Hope this helps.

xueyu

Hahaha... Like u, I'm kinda lost too.. Settled on anything yet?

well, we have settled on which geomancer. lol. once he calculate the date we can start planning already.

Settle with a date first then u can start sourcing for hotel banquet with a budget... w/o dates u can just start by booking a bridal package ?

Plan the timeline so u will not end up too rushing for the photo shoot and hotel booking ...

we're still deciding between going over to australia to find a pre-wedding photographer there or getting a bs to settle all. i'm already sourcing hotel banquets..hahaha. i'm just one kiasu btb.:p

zrhs

well, we have settled on which geomancer. lol. once he calculate the date we can start planning already.

we're still deciding between going over to australia to find a pre-wedding photographer there or getting a bs to settle all. i'm already sourcing hotel banquets..hahaha. i'm just one kiasu btb.:p

icic ..
i gotten my bridal package and now starting to source for hotel too. :D

FKX

jus some thoughts to share - before making any decision, must talk to the families; either to consult or fyi them. u dnt want them to have (unpleasant) surprise

pejn17

Hello everyone, I'm a 2015 BTB as well.
Booked for my pre wedding shoot with a TW based co, as well as AD packages. :)
Bled twice as we never really do any research when we decided to go ahead with the TW based co... should be gg to TW and take our pre wedding pic in Feb '15, sakura period =D

pejn17

Nice! Any idea where would be a good place to take photos with the Sakura, in Taipei area?
I checked with TW co before deciding to go in Feb.

babyger07

we took ours last year mid mar at taipei tao yuan and managed to catch the last bloom of sakura. it will be pretty cold to do the shoot during feb, rem to bring warm clothes along.

elly_z

Hi everyone! I'm 2015 BTB too.
I'm going for my pre-wed PS coming March in Taipei. Hope to be able to see sakuras!

Nice! Any idea where would be a good place to take photos with the Sakura, in Taipei area?
I checked with TW co before deciding to go in Feb.
I think yang ming shan??

mytaintedworld

Hello girls !! I am new to this forum. I just got proposed to in Dec 2013, was wondering if its too late to ROM in 2016 if my BTO probable completion date is 4th quart 2016 ?

sherlin

Hi all! I'm a BTB end 2014. Any recommendations on MUA for myself and mother for the actual day? Due to personal reasons, I am doing it the other way round. I having a wedding first then ROM later. Hahahaha. I have a MUA quoting me $1700 for her and her assistant for both my mother and myself. And mine is a wedding lunch. I thought it seems a little expensive.
$1700 is not a little expensive but VERY EXPENSIVE! Lol! For yourself the bride, average for lunch is about $500. Mother's makeup average $120 or less.

Hmm strange you choose to ROM later coz in the eyes of law, you are not legally married.