(2015/10) October 2015 BTBs

caren_c

@rachelyn you might want to have a talk with your parents. Its better to understand what they want. I believe different families have different ways of doing.
I spoke to my mum before and she said she will take whatever angbao that my relatives pass to her (since relative will usually pass angbao to them instead of the angbao box) but at the end of everything, she will put all the money into 1 red packet and give to my. Like she will not want to take any money. :)
speak to your parents about it and see what are their views. Then you know how to calculate your budget as well!

DingOOPS

Woah. My AD is also on october. Was intending to eat on September. Totally overlooked the part that the food tasting may fall on 7th month. Thanks all!

Blurbao

Btw, I've gotten some PGs' rate & event stylist/wedding planner rates when I was doing some research on these few months back. Let me know if u girls want it.

Using SingaporeBrides app
Hi Hippo_Woody! Can you send me the rates for the event stylist? Thank you!!

wendyljy

Hi jus wanna check do you girls get your BS mua to do makeup for mothers or do you hire other mua and what is the price like?

Ton

I engaged JB MUA at $80 for sister make up thru my MUA . she bring her partner. But i not sure of her partner skill.

huggiting

Yup , to avoid clashing of luck, for three months before and after ur wedding, the bride and groom will not

-attend a funeral or wake;
-attend a wedding;
-visit a lady who is in confinement (ie within one month of giving birth).

HUH I JUST GO SIA... my parents say dun pantang...

Pillowcase

Mmm, has anyone heard of tea ceremony at the bride's place first (to prevent double-trips) then heading to groom's place for tea ceremony in the morning?

DingOOPS

Completed my food tasting!

Spent my last weekend writing our wedding invites with my HTB and future mother in law and his cousins. Lol . Quite an enjoyable time!

I am starting to mail out and give out invites starting today cos 7th month is over!! Hope everything is fine with all fellow Oct 2015 brides! HWAITING!

naiyoucreamy

Spent my last weekend writing our wedding invites with my HTB and future mother in law and his cousins. Lol . Quite an enjoyable time!

I am starting to mail out and give out invites starting today cos 7th month is over!! Hope everything is fine with all fellow Oct 2015 brides! HWAITING!

Wooo! I just started my invites ytd.. only some colleagues and frenz thou. Having my food tasting on thurs!

Haha babe, thanks. Left afew weeks only & many thgs to complete.

My food tasting completed in July. Cards 80% completed sending in Aug b4 7th mth. Now left 5% cards to deliver. Has stop taking in guests as of 17/9/5 so seating arrangement started w existing guestlist. Now busi w church wedding preparation.

catomanci

Mmm, has anyone heard of tea ceremony at the bride's place first (to prevent double-trips) then heading to groom's place for tea ceremony in the morning?
I'm doing that! My husband stays all the way in the east while I stay in the west. It can be a mad rush for lunch banquets. My older brother did that in 2012 before his wedding lunch too.

applejillz

1 more mth for wedding for OCT babes... are you babes ready...
Actually I'm not... Muahaha

Omg me too, I'm not ready at all! Was taking my time slowly do stuff, keep thinking Oct is a long way off.. Suddenly today received email from hotel wedding coordinator say need to meet next wk to finalize things le, then it really hit me hard that next week is Oct liao!! Feel so nervous suddenly haha.. Jia you everyone!!!

naiyoucreamy

Omg me too, I'm not ready at all! Was taking my time slowly do stuff, keep thinking Oct is a long way off.. Suddenly today received email from hotel wedding coordinator say need to meet next wk to finalize things le, then it really hit me hard that next week is Oct liao!! Feel so nervous suddenly haha.. Jia you everyone!!!

Wow ur hotel coordinator is gd. No one came chasing me for things although i very slack. I feel the stress now. I haven done much tings.

Hanny13

Hi all! It's almost OCT! Hope everyone's doing well with their preparations. Most importantly, stay calm and enjoy the process of it all. :D

applejillz

Haha random question girls but any of u feel that u become more grumpy / emo now that it's almost October le? I'm normally quite a rational and laid back person, but now suddenly start feeling a bit more emo than usual haha.. Dunno issit coz suddenly I'm feeling the stress or getting nervous or what haha.. Anyone share the same feelings? Lol!

Haha random question girls but any of u feel that u become more grumpy / emo now that it's almost October le? I'm normally quite a rational and laid back person, but now suddenly start feeling a bit more emo than usual haha.. Dunno issit coz suddenly I'm feeling the stress or getting nervous or what haha.. Anyone share the same feelings? Lol!
Me too...

DingOOPS

HAHA .. my wedding is next week! Geez! I'm feeling pretty mich stressed stressed stressed stressed . Everyday till next sunday is wedding preparation day. Oh yes, remember to give your hair a good dye 2 weeks before the actual day so that the colours will be just nice for actual day (tip from my MUA!) =)

I also did up a blog post sharing some stressors which couples faced 2 weeks to the wedding, together with some of my strategies which has worked pretty well so far!!!! So sharing it with all BTBs here! = > http://mrandmrsoops.blogspot.sg/2015/10/what-happens-when-its-2-weeks-to-your.html

HAHA .. my wedding is next week! Geez! I'm feeling pretty mich stressed stressed stressed stressed . Everyday till next sunday is wedding preparation day. Oh yes, remember to give your hair a good dye 2 weeks before the actual day so that the colours will be just nice for actual day (tip from my MUA!) =)

I also did up a blog post sharing some stressors which couples faced 2 weeks to the wedding, together with some of my strategies which has worked pretty well so far!!!! So sharing it with all BTBs here! = > http://mrandmrsoops.blogspot.sg/2015/10/what-happens-when-its-2-weeks-to-your.html
Actually just sharing tips from my hair stylist - he says to colour around 3 days before. Cos your hair will grow out.. and if you colour a very light colour, the regrowth will be very obvious. So colouring job definitely have to do around 3 days before your wedding...