(2015/06) Any June 2015 brides?

babyyweiitinq

- Venue (done)
- Bridal car (some say too early to book)
- Make Up Artist (bridal pkge)
- Photographer and Videographer (done)
- Guo Da Li done? (idk whats involved so let the old folks settle it)
- Invitations send out? RSVP? Reminder (is it still early?)
- Schedule for the day (itinerary done)
- Bridesmaid and Bridegroom appointed? (done)
- Roles delegation (done with itinerary)
- Flowers / Bouquet (bridal pkge)
- Pre-wedding photos selected and printed? (not doing any pre wed shoot)
- Wedding deco (still dk what to do)
- Credit card limit raised? (banquet paid by htb sister)
- Wine / beers (provided by restaurant)
- Holiday plans? (dk whether to go or not ><)

babyyweiitinq

- Bridal car (some say too early to book) - better to play it safe. But if you are not picky, then can wait a while as well.
- Guo Da Li done? (idk whats involved so let the old folks settle it) - Thats very good. Sometimes the HTB is expected to do all the work. (Need to find out from your parents what do they want so that your HTB family can buy the appropriate stuff)
- Invitations send out? RSVP? Reminder (is it still early?) Double check if there are special diet requirements

My htb is doing almost nth except for forking out money and be present on the days he need to be there. He sucks at planning. So everything I do.
For the bridal car what if I place deposit now and half yr later when he mia?
I only invite people close to me so I know I need about 1 table for halal.

babyyweiitinq

Good point on the bridal car, but I would suggest to get it from reputable companies and not private owners.
Don't be disheartened by your htb's lack of contribution, it is quite common. Men just want to keep things simple, like come out with the money and someone else do the job :) Especially for wedding stuff.

Because company require big deposit and limit mileage. thats why.

nAm3le5z

Hi all! Just to share.
Friday: went to a few along tanjong pagar road. As I was there around 12 plus, most of the shops just opened. Most shops allowed me to try their gowns.

Something to take note: Digio Bridal told me I had to book 1 week in advance in order to try their gowns! :eek:.

My final stop was Sophia wedding collection. Their service was one of the best! The staff were really friendly and I loved their gowns there. My friends and I were quite impressed.I couldn't make my decision on Friday as my HTB was not with me. They did try to push and convince me to sign on the spot but they didn't become 'scary'

Saturday: went back to Sophia. HTB talked to them and looked at their package and we signed:)!

Going for my fitting 2-3 Wks later as my pre-wedding shoots is in March. Hopefully all goes well and their service remains like this:)

Hi,
That day i just walked in to Digio and they let me try on their gowns. dunno why they require you to book appointment.

Junie June

Do a final rundown of your checklist?

- Venue
- Bridal car
- Make Up Artist
- Photographer and Videographer
- Guo Da Li done?
- Invitations send out? RSVP? Reminder
- Schedule for the day
- Bridesmaid and Bridegroom appointed?
- Roles delegation
- Flowers / Bouquet
- Pre-wedding photos selected and printed?
- Wedding deco
- Credit card limit raised?
- Wine / beers
- Holiday plans?

If you got the above covered, you can relax a little now :)

Oh no.. I 99percent nt yet covered

sukiekitty

Do a final rundown of your checklist?

- Venue
- Bridal car
- Make Up Artist
- Guo Da Li done?
- Invitations send out? RSVP? Reminder
- Schedule for the day
- Bridesmaid and Bridegroom appointed?
- Roles delegation
- Flowers / Bouquet
- Pre-wedding photos selected and printed?
- Wedding deco
- Credit card limit raised?
- Wine / beers
- Holiday plans?

If you got the above covered, you can relax a little now :)

Hello! I just got my wedding moved forward by a year... haven't even book venue. Shall follow this list and try to get everything ready in the next six months!

sukiekitty

Ladies... I just read through the thread... when can we start asking for a solemniser? Anyone has a solemniser to recommend? we are hoping for someone who is short and sweet in his speech.

I m !! my AD is on 27th Jun 15

hi gers..anyone here hav found your AD photographer? I m still sourcing for one that is within my budget of $1k

sharon0904

Ladies... I just read through the thread... when can we start asking for a solemniser? Anyone has a solemniser to recommend? we are hoping for someone who is short and sweet in his speech.
Hello!

I think its best to start looking for solemniser 3-4 months before AD.. anyway can only register ROM 3 months before.
From what I know is that, you gotta find your solemniser then enter his/her name when you register.. I'm also looking for some more recommendation :p
HTB has 1 contact though.. Mr Lim Soon Hock if I didnt rmb wrongly.
I heard his speech once.. Not too long winded :p

babyyweiitinq

Hi BTBs!
Hows you wedding planning going on?
I'm currently looking around for wedding bands and got my PG to do a trial for my childhood montage (they don't have prior experience before this hence the trial).
Started to email a few JPs but none could solemnise on my date.
How ah?

Shamet

I have also emailed 2 jps so far. One said he is not free and recommended that I get someone who can confirmed right now while the other told me it was too early and he didn't want to commit and then cancel on me nearer the date. I'm also contemplating if I should continue my search or just wait till March.

babyyweiitinq

I have also emailed 2 jps so far. One said he is not free and recommended that I get someone who can confirmed right now while the other told me it was too early and he didn't want to commit and then cancel on me nearer the date. I'm also contemplating if I should continue my search or just wait till March.

I emailed at least 6 already. All tell me can't fit into the schedule. I scared if last minute find too rush cannot find. :(

sharon0904

Hello all!

Hubby managed to contact Mr Lim Soon Hock, and got a reply!

Good for you! I think I better step up on my effort too. I kinda stopped after the 3rd one...

@Shamet I think its better to get it settled asap.. jp would want to meet you and hubby first and also got to get the consent letter or smth signed. It might be too stressful when everything starts to cme tgt! ~

xanthe-

i'm a june BTB too! so far have done the following:
- booked venue
- booked bridal package
- customised wedding bands
- bought teapot, angbao packets and stickers from taobao
- ordered invitation cards
- booked photobooth

finding solemnisers is giving me a huge headache. i have contacted 10 JPs and all of them are not available. the 11th JP that i contacted told me to email him 3 months prior to my AD cos its still too far away and he hasnt planned his schedule.

can't seem to find videographers that are within our budget too. i really can't see myself forking out 2.5k just for wedding videography.

abt 4 more months & i hope i hasnt miss out anything for my big day! o_O

Kelliee

Hello everyone! *waves*

I'm a June bride too! Mine will be on 27 June too but will have a 2nd dinner on 28 June as well.

I thought I was a bridezilla but guess I still have tons to do! Hahaha. Here's what I've done so far:

- Booked both venues for both days
- Booked AD photographer (this was actually the first thing I did! Even before I confirmed the venue!)
- Booked bridal package + MUA
- Bought bridesmaids and groomsmen outfits
- Arranged for food tastings in April.
- Drafted itinerary for AD
- Booked solemnizer (I did this in December and surprisingly he was agreeable)

OMG! Seems like a lot more to do! I am still pulling my hair out for the decor and my gown selection. Been changing my mind about my gowns for the past few months!

jas_yeo

Wow! I am a 27 June Bride too! Seems like a hot date! Haha! a lot of my friends have been asking abt my prep but I dont have much!

I have taken my preshoot in Taiwan last year.

ROM last year too.

Booked my Venue & AD Bridal Pkg last year as well.

Booked with La Belle Couture & got the basic White Gown, Evening Gown & Tea Ceremony. 2 suits, 2 makeup with trial, 2 father suits, 2 mother dress, 2 bridesmaid dress, flowers & corsages & one day of car rental with driver.

Booked my Photography & Videographer too!

Gonna head for food tasting next month & send the invites for printing! Hopefully could survive the last few mths of planning! Hehe.

reecia

Hi BTB,

I realised really not much brides in June. Most of you are having wedding on 27th June (Good day?):)
I will be having mine on 21 June.
How's your preparations? I realised i have so many things yet to do -_-
OMG............

-venue (done)
- Make Up Artist (bridal pkge)
- Invitations send out? RSVP? Reminder (partial fb invitation send out to friends... yet to send official invitation)
-Flowers / Bouquet (bridal pkge)
- Pre-wedding photos selected and printed? (done.. yet to print)
- Credit card limit raised? (pre-paid using Std Chartered card)
- Beer (provided by hotel)
To do:
- Bridal car
- Guo Da Li done? (parents yet to meet up -_-)
- Schedule for the day
- Bridesmaid and Bridegroom appointed? (needed?)
- Roles delegation
- Wedding deco
- Wines
- Holiday plans? (clueless)