(2013) 2013 Brides

megal

Garden lunch wedding might be quite suitable.
happy.gif

U can either visit zenn & dann or try flamingo bridal.

neelie82

Hi HuggiTing and MeGal,

Yes it's going to have a garden theme feel although I didn't book the garden venue. Supposed to be at The Sentosa Resort &Spa. Its going to be a lunch affair and not too many tables. About 15 max. So no point changing to an "evening wear"? Surrounded by flora and fauna so I though a simple white one would be good enough to move through the entire day. A princessy style just isn't my type
happy.gif
wouldn't want somebody to keep minding my dress lol... But thanks for the recommendations. Will try to get a quote from them then.

aamee

Hi nice to meet all brides of 2013!!! I'm a Sept BTB!
I'm glad I'm not the only one KS abt searching for venues so early this yr.
A lot of wedding packages for 2013 may not be fully available yet, esp for those planning at end of 2013, but it's still good to start planning early.
My FH & I r looking at banquet lunch- but having said that, the $$ r increasing abt $100/ yr so we r also a bit headache (as it is not cheaper than one might think).
We r also planning something less formal, with no 2nd march in as well as no emcee... might emcee it ourselves with a simple thank u speech
happy.gif

As for PS & others, I might ask for advise frm u all after settle venue.
Nice meeting u all, happy planning!

#esmf86, I hope u will see this.
We recently went to furama riverfront for site viewing. I think recent yrs FRF is doing better, & coordinator (Albert) is experienced that we felt in safe hands. We have not taken it up yet, but it's in our short listed potentials
happy.gif

Worthwhile to go have a meeting wid them, see the venue urself, & impt is be comfortable with the venue & coordinators. Hope this helps!!!

ashleyjjo

hi ladies.. im planning to have my wedding in june. Apprently some hotels r already book for june next yr.. stress stress... been to several wedding shows but till now stil havent comfirm on one yet...

honeykitty

Jo (ashleyjjo) :

wow? Really? Which hotels are yu looking at?
I have confirmed mine last week, my AD will be on Oct.

kitminish

Nowaday people start to book quite early too.
My cousin can't find a place for end of this year around nov/dec last year. End up they settle for a restaurant that is quite far away. Luckily the review is not bad for the food.

It might be kiasu to source very early but it is better than to source only a few mths before the AD and found out no location available and settle for somewhere not in your choices.

honeykitty

agree with Kit...we decided to settled with our preferred hotel. dont want to wait anymore..if the p;ace we want is being taken, then we have to start all over again..sourcing and site visiting can be very tiring..

kitminish

angel37

Hey babes, i'm a Mar'13 BTB. Nice meeting all of u!
happy.gif

We also got the date from Master Tong, after we got the dates.. we had a mad rush to find the venue as we do not have much 'good dates' for 2013. And after we settled for lunch at hotel, i totally lost the passion to source for the BS. -__-"

Any recommendations on BS??

hlixian

Hi all
I'm a March 2013 BTB. Just signed contract with Hilton yesterday.
Currently looking for BS and AD photography and videography.
Any recommendations?

raindeer

Angeline Zheng, me too!! after settle hotel, so lazy to source for BS. I hate negotitating, but cannot dont negotitate, otherwise will get chopped.

gracie11

Hi all, im Jan 2013.. AD on 27 Jan 2013. Same as gwyne..
happy.gif

My banquet & BS booked. Just make appt with my BS to do gown selection in mid May and arrange for PS in end May. Hehe!

theyangones

Hello Everyone, wah, so long since I came in here. Glad to see more 2013 brides here!

We went to see Crowne Plaza and I really loved the feel of the place... We went about 2 weeks ago, and when we wanted the date, they said no more availability! OMgoodness!!!!

We're looking at possibly doing a wedding lunch instead of dinner so that immediately after the church ceremony can go straight for lunch and then relax for dinner liao...

sunshine2906

Hi Theyangs! I'm also going to view Crowne Plaza this weekend! anything to share abt the hotel and ballroom? me also considering lunch... think they are popular... a lot of dates are taken up already... which date are u looking at?

angelicious06

hello ladies! yeah im planning for my big day to be held in 2013 too! the actual date yet to be confirmed. most likely should be year end.. umm, any suggestion if Afternoon Banquet is a better choice or a night one?

honeykitty

i guess depends on individual preference. mine will be dinner.

initially we want to hv lunch banquet, but it would be very rush for the parents n relatives if hv to complete the fetch the bride, tea ceremony, ROM & lunch..

so we decided to go for dinner...

soceline

hi all btbs!
you girls made me a little worried for my planned AD next year.

i haven't source out anything yet and some of you have already booked the venue for wedding on dec 2013.

am i suppose to get started with all planning and sourcing now already? But i thought it's still a little early. haven't find master to calculate my dates as well. =(

honeykitty

^^ (soceline)
we started earlier due to work+part time sudy commitment..we confirmed BS (May'11) + banquet venue (last friday, 2 Mar'12).

For banquet, we decided to confirm earlier bcoz hotel inform us someone is looking at our date as well. The coordinator is kind enough to inform us evethough we did not tentatively book the date we want..

If you need any info, feel free to ask
happy.gif

kitminish

Celine, do I know you?
Are you SLS member too?

Similar to Celine, I have work & study too, therefore need more planning like when do what so which sem must not apply for Leave of Absence for preparation. When is free to take more modules.

After that when date is nearer need to reno, buy furniture & then back to wedding preparation fine tune again.

soceline

haha. we have 2 Celine here.
just call me "soceline" bahz!! haha~

okie great! when you girls going for the BS? i was thinking to go korea for my BS, but it would be another cost for renting of gowns on the AD right? Anywhere renting gowns for AD at a lower cost?

so much money to spend on! sigh.. wedding > honeymoon > new house. =((

honeykitty

soceline: im going Taiwan for my BS next year around end Feb/ March. And i intended to buy WG and EG online from DHgate.com or Taobao.com. Renting is no no for me coz i need the gowns for 2 banquet, SG and Penang. The rest of the items like MUA, bridal car, florist and etc will be on ala carte basis
happy.gif

soceline

celine: your AD will be on Oct too?
Mine most likely would be on Oct as well. Still waiting for the calculation.
Hope can settle the dates at the soonest before anything else starts.

soceline

Celine: busy busy! hehe..

anyway, girls.. any recommendation on BS? I'm still contemplating whether to go overseas for the BS or stay in singapore..
just don't like to have singapore prominent landmark like merlion, singapore flyer etc..
any BS in singapore can take extraordinary BS?
Cos, if going overseas, additional cost will incur! i think i would rather save the money for our honeymoon or our nest. boo..

honeykitty

Soceline: luckily my mummy offer to help to settle penang banquet...so i let her to decide everything for me...less worry for me too

gcorinne

Hello all.

I have tons of questions to spill. So please do bear with me as I am absolutely clueless as to what and where I should start first with planning my wedding for 2013.

Okay, firstly, more or less, my wedding date is settled. All i need to know now where I should go next.

I have not book any bridal packages or even any hotels. So what is the first step I should do? Is it to get my bridal packages first then book hotel or?

Secondly, I found some nice bridal photographers, but I don't think that they offer gowns and all. So where can I find like gown rental and all. And how much do they usually cost?

I hope I do not overwhelm you all with my questions.
happy.gif

inouenaoko

Hi Corinne,

your wedding will be on early/late 2013?i suggest you to choose the hotel first since hot dates is taken up fast.

It will be more worth it to take package in singapore.Rental of gown in singapore is expensive unless you don't mind travel all the way to JB to rent the gown.

gcorinne

Hi inouenaoko.

It's in the later part of the 2013, November. So, I should scout for my hotel banquets first. Thank you so much for the advice!

Would it be weird if I were to have my solemnisation and banquet at the same place but different timings? Just wondering.
happy.gif

gracie11

Hi Corrine, welcome and congrats.

I think if you book your banquet in a hotel, they will give you a small room to do your solemnisation earlier before your dinner.

honeykitty

Corinne Goh (gcorinne):

You should settle your banquet first. As many couples has already starting to book for venue eventhough the ceremony will be on end 2013. Myself has settled mine, AD on Oct 2013.

Actually ROM before banquet dinner is very common. Hotels may arrange ROM venue in fucntion room, or on ballroom stage, or cafe lounge. You may check what the hotel can provide and also let them know your preference. For us, we will hold the ROM ceremony before dinner, in the open space cafe lounge. We prefer something less formal & light. The lounge can oversee the singapore river as ceremony background. We totally fell in love with it.

Some couple will do it on ballroom stage, when all the guest seated, first march in and continue with ROM ceremony. But if you and partner feel shy, then its better to do it in function room and invites immediate families and close friends.

gcorinne

Thank you all for your advice!

I'll check with the hotel that I really like. Because I have not even book my banquet yet. Usually how much will they expect us to pay the downpayment? Not too sure about the payment part.

My partner and I are trying so hard to save and all. And do we have to confirm the number of people when we book with them?

Thank you all once again!

sunshine2906

Typically need to pay some deposits probably between 2k to 5k depending on the hotel... as for the number of tables, need to have an estimation because the banquet will usually require min no. of tables...

I'm looking at June 13 and is currently viewing the different ballrooms... shld be deciding end of this month... :)

Do note that there are some hotels that accept bookings only till Mar 2013. But that that should not stop you from going to view them now even though your wedding is end 2013 cos u can make the booking the moment they open for bookings ï¼

We are going to look at BS this weekend, and recce one hotel next week. :D

honeykitty

Corinne Goh (gcorinne):

This is what i do...

Banquet Venue Hunting:
1. Set per table budget. Maybe like around 800-1K per table.
2. Draft your guest list. Why? To roughly know how many table you want and also to see if meet hotel min no. of table requirement.
3. Which location, like city area, MRT accessible location.
4. Do your homework, find out hotel packages and short list at least 3-5 hotels. Make appointment to view ballroom, bridal suits & hv discussion with coordinator.
5. Read forummer's view and advice/ ask around friends & colleagues.
6. Most importantly, identify what is the main decision making criteria? Budget/ Food/ Atmosphere/ Location?
7. Deposit wise is depends on Hotel, normally range from 2K-5K, one time/ 2 times payment ( confirmation of booking & during food tasting).
8. We need to guaranteed XX number of table, at least minimum requirement set for the ballroom of hotel or more. Final confirmation no. of table usually 1 week b4 the actual day.

Al btb feel free to add in more to help each other
happy.gif

hlixian

Hi all

I have recently confirmed and paid deposit for my banquet. Do go for the wedding showcases. Usually hotels will throw in more freebies during the showcases.
Also, do apply for Manhanttan Card. So far, its the only card that gave the most cash rebate.
My htb and I both applied for the card. The rebate will surely help to save some moolas. =)

Eh Celine, so far we really like 2 hotels but only the first one need min 40 tables but we dont think we want to have so many tables so only left with 1 option lor..

honeykitty

Oic...then hv u got the package details and view the venue???
Personally think that venue recce can b very tiring..plus hv major projects goin on this year...so v try to cut it short to 3 hotels only...and after a month of recce-ing process...luckily v found something v like and decided to settle with it

Viewed one, going to see the other one next week.
Got the pricing for the one i first viewed, the other one has the pricing till mar 2013 only

chellchell

Hi all 2013 BTBs,

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten a wedding band? Anyone bought the Cartier wedding band and would like to share some ideas...I am thinking to buy a Cartier wedding band but don't know how and where to hunt for it.

Hello ChellChell,

I have bought my bands, although not from Cartier. U can try going to the Cartier boutique at ION to have a look to see if the bands suit u.
IIRC there is another boutique at Ngee Ann City