(2013) 2013 Brides

kitminish

Any idea of how many gowns (including kua/tea dress & EG) is needed on AD?
For mine will be a lunch banquet.

What do people wear for 1st march in & 2nd march in(2nd is normally EG right?)

jojojanelle

Hi All, I had my ROM Solemnisation done on last year February 26th, planning to have the customary wedding next year 2013.

Have not decided a date yet though.
But wondering if I'm planning to do it around mid 2013, when should I start sourcing for Wedding Banquet and Photoshoot?

raindeer

Joanne, u can start now. Should have a number of wedding shows at hotels coming up if u are looking at holding your banquet at hotels. Better perks and prices if u book at the fairs.

kitminish

you should shortlist a few of your favorite hotel and try to find when is their wedding show.
There are normally extra perks at show.

soceline

Hello 2013 BTBs,

Will be having my solemnization and AD on the same day.. dunno where to start researching on..

anyone got any ideas, of any hotels that allow outside caterers?

theyangones

Hello! I'm gonna be a 2013 bride! Most likely the month of May although the month and date is not totally confirmed since it's still so long ago...

Kit, the number of gowns actually depends on what your schedule will be like, do u have the door bashing and tea ceremony? Is your wedding along with ROM or is it a church wedding, and where the lunch reception is being held...

Joanne, it's good to keep a look out, and ESP since a lot of bookings are made in advance (a year or more) so better see what is being offered already

Hi Celine, most hotels don't allow outside carefree to come in as they have their internal f&b protocols. Perhaps u want to look at a non-hotel venue and get the outdoor caterer that u prefer? What research topics are u looking at?

soceline

Hi theyangs,

Yeah. i know. Cos i really like Pin Si Kitchen's food. So far all restaurant and hotel's foods are disappointment. So i thought i could really find a place that allow outside caterer. Preferably hotels, otherwise clubs would be fine too.

I won a wedding contest recently, and there will be a free BS! so would be taking my BS on april, hopefully it turns out great! So i could save the hassle for researching on that. haha!

Kinda lost now, as dunno when is the right time to calculate the date for the AD, if calculating now, would it be too early?

kitminish

Yangs, I am only having gate crash, tea ceremony & lunch banquet on xmas day.

Just that I need 1 more gown for garden solemnization on a different day.
Thinking should I wear the same white gown on ROM & AD as well. However is it weird to wear the same?

If not, I am thinking of get 2 gowns, the ROM can be wore during 2nd march in since my banquet is a lunch instead of dinner. Or wear the qi pao(tea ceremony) for 2nd march in instead.

kitminish

Anyone know any nice caterer for western food?
Want to get one for garden solemnization, thinking western buffet is better to go with garden.

Anyone use Gustos before?

theyangones

Hi Miss, wow, lucky u! Free BS means u save on the gowns right? So good!

We initially settled for May 2013, but are looking at a couple of dates now. Thank God we don't have superstitious dates to follow, so pretty much any of the dates will work for us.. now is just tying down the date and hopefully find one that is not the auspicious kinda date that has an influx of brides...

Kit, if you are doing a garden solemnization, u gotta consider if u will be walking on the grass, coz if u are, u might not want to wear a long gown as it will dirty it easily... Qi pao sounds great for a 2nd March In!

I'm actually thinking of not changing but just straightaway enter the dinner in evening gown. Wanna ensure that i enjoy my evening as much as i can... So prob will wear the white gown for church, then evening gown only for dinner...

I've not heard of Gustos before... What's your budget for the western food catering? I used to work with Purple Sage and Lavish, not too bad!

soceline

theyangs, oh no.. the bridal shop just emailed me, and say that it's just a pre-wedding shoot. just a conceptual photoshooting.

guess i needa headache about the BS now. sigh.

kitminish

Theyangs, I thought of that too but HTB like the feel of long gown during solemnization. So I am trying to convince him that we get a smaller 'tail'.

Thanks for your recommendation. I will take a look. I found Gustos in bows Oct 2011, their presentation looks good and all western food.
My budget is around $1200 for 30~35 pax Another $800 for chairs, ROM table, small standing around tables & flower arc. Not sure if the budget was enough.

theyangones

Kit: Ya, prob need to look at a shorter gown esp if it's outdoors.. don't think u want to be dragging all that dirt ad soil from the grass :p

kitminish

Raindeer, not all bride prepare so early.
I know of a few friends just start to their wedding preparation for 2012 right now.
However they are quite intensive, within 2wks they book their BS, banquet and ROM location.

Miss, what I understand from free PS is you still need pay fee for certain thing, some will need to charge for gown or MUA during shoots. Do check with them what is not included for shoot.

Yang, thanks for your advise, I think I will start ordering my gown in Apr. Should go and do extreme exercise now. Haha.

kitminish

Anyone got their wedding bands yet?
I think we can start to look around for a band that suit both which is very hard. Since the wedding band is something that will last for life with you, I think both party must like the design.

huggiting

agree totally with kit... to me i think wedding bands are for life, i'm not those couple that keep changing wedding bands de...
for me... i've been postponing my date since early 2011 as both parties' timing can't accomadate to each other... i really hope that by 2013 i can really settle down.

raindeer

i'm looking for my wedding band now, cos the jewellers dont have my size and i gotta order or custom make, which takes up to 3 mths.

Think 1 year of planning is comfortable. dont have to rush.

theyangones

Kit: dun extreme la, if not do until very sian, then no point.... better to be happy doing it then thinking it's a drag...

We have thought about wedding rings that are customized but not too sure yet also... Going to check out hotels this coming week to at least settle on a date first! hahaha....

kmk4753

i am also Jan 13 BTB.

So far i am still sourcing for hotel for lunch banquet.. seems like of some hotels i tried calling some already taken or on waiting list. But there are still hotels available for booking. hmmm, if you all hv a date perhaps can start sourcing for the banquet, the rest still can slowly source.. :p

esmf86

Any BTB considering holding dinner banquet at Furama Riverfront? How is the reviews received for food, service etc?

soceline

Yes, Kit!
apparently my free PS seems to be a scam. HHaha. they say they only provide me 15 photos in softcopy and the next photo is chargeable at $120 each! oh noo.. They will only be providing MUA and some tea dresses for the conceptual theme.

I can bring my own dress and costume though, but that's mean i have to buy my photo at the end of the day!

Don't feel like taking the PS olready! *sigh~

Well.. I haven't really got the time and energy to do research now, just briefly know that i'll be 2013 BTB! Will need to calculate the auspicious date for my AD first before the actual plannings start! ^^

honeykitty

hi everyone, im 2013 btb too..AD is gonna be on 06 Oct 2013..

Currently sourcing for banquet venue.
Can any btb share with me how to estimate the number of table for banquet?

For example, i have around 245 guest, should i apply a 20% for not coming/ not free. so number of table to book is around (245-49= 196) : 20 tables?

Now so headache and duno how many table to book.

sunshine2906

hihi everyone!

I'm also 2013 BTB...just shortlisted a few dates recently and now starting the process of looking around for hotel banquet...any advice on how to nego for banquet perks?

kitminish

Celine, I am not too sure.
Reason being for my 25 tables, they only allow 1 table reserve.
That means, if at the end if the 20% also turn up, you had a problem too.

Unless you are saying you are able to provide the number in advance.

Just try to ensure the hotel limit is not your estimation. Reason being you would not know how many more or less people you are going to meet for the next 1 yr.

kitminish

Miss, if you are continue the free PS, you might want to talk to the PS, if you take full package like 30-35 photos kind, will they include these free 15 & more change in for you.

Reason being an album need around 50 photos, the top up you are going to pay is $120*30=$3600 or $120*35=$4200, with this amount the BS can provide you full 30 photos PS(w WG & EG) with AD needs.
That will be win-win for you and the BS.

However it is still down to you if you like that BS anot. If not no point.

kitminish

No la, just that do not have any design in mind to customize, therefore we just shop to find something we both like and suitable. We had already found the design and were happy about it.

Anyway, my HTB finally agreed that we should get smth not too long for ROM. =)

honeykitty

Kit>

Thx for your advice. My situation is hotel min is 25 table but can let us book at min 23 tables but with 1 barrel beer complimentary . if for 24+1 reserve, we will be given free flow of beer.

htb n myself like the venue. so was thinking should we book at 24+1 table ornot.

my another fren's method is if book 23 table, must at least invite 26 table guest. sure got ppl not free/ cant turn up.

soceline

Thanks Kit!

Yeah.. i guess i wouldn't go into too much for the PS, even though it's by Chris Ling. Cos they only providing studio shoot for conceptualize theme. No point to pay for the photos if it's just like an engagement shoot.

Well, 2013 is got a long way to go! Dunno if it's too early to plan for the wedding! haha..

soceline

Hi Celine! (we have got the same name too!)
Anyway, would you be looking into hotels or restaurant for your AD?

honeykitty

hi Miss (soceline) :

Yea. We hv got the same name ;)

we are looking at hotel or maybe restaurant in hotel..

what about u? when is ur big day?

raindeer

hi girls....

if you're looking at hotels, can attend the hotels' wedding shows. they're having shows from now...eg today Regent and Sheraton. can try try their food, and get additional perks at the shows...

cherrycheries

i'm also btb 2013!
happy.gif

going to book our hotel venue this coming week. still wondering if we should book lunch or dinner..

our main concern is not to bust our budget for the banquet alone. anyone knows if it's possible to cover at least 70% for dinner banquet (angpow)?

soceline

Yes.. i'm very worry for overloading the budget. Most likely, my AD will be on October.
So i still have a long way to go. haha!

Looking at Raffles town club or Orchid Country Club now.
Only this both place allows my caterer to go in!

luvmoon

im so lost nw and i need your opinions...

im gonna be a 2013 BTB but....v difficult to plan!!

i wanted my wedding to be 27 Jan, Sun(coz its our birthday, and our anniversary date) but my mother say she gotta work the next day zzz den she ask me to hold my wedding during the sch holiday so she doesnt have to rush frm work zzz (they r working for the schools)

i went to source for the venue and is pretty satisfied with the package from Holiday Inn Atrium (the fri banquet is considered wkday price!!) so im thinking of having it on Jan 25th coz 27th is not a v auspicious date for us, but my mother say she cant take leave!!!

y is she making it so difficult for me???

which date will u choose if u were me?

kmk4753

luvmoon: i am also 27 Jan 13 BTB..

perhaps u can go dbl chk wif master tong (in sgbrides thread) if its an auspicious date for both of u.. or chk on e bazhi in details.. if reli suitable u can hold a lunch banquet at least it will end early & ur mother will still have sufficient time to rest...

raindeer

Luvmoon: me also 27 Jan BTB. Got my dates from Master Tong and it's an auspicious date for me and HTB.

Gwyne is right, perhaps you can consider lunch so your mama can rest after that, and lunch is cheaper too!

honeykitty

Ivy Leow (luvmoon) :

I dont think her charge if you ask him to check whether the date is auspicious/ zodiac clash if he check from Tong Shu. But normally these date are general dates.

I engaged him to choose date for AD based on our BaZi, to select a date that really suit me & my htb..

He charged us S$120 which include AD/ROM, GDL & An Chuang date and auspicious timing.

Currently, im satisfied with his FS services, we got him to help us in our BTO selection as well..he is a very detailed person and can explain very well
happy.gif

kitminish

Hi all 2013 BTB,

This weekend there is 2 events, 1 is a fair in Suntec City by Wedding-travel.

Another 1 is by The New Paper wedding planner 2012.
http://www.cats.com.sg/weddingplanner/index.html
This event look quite big with many hotels over there. You all might want to visit the event to check out the price for 2013 banquet for those who haven't do so.

Good luck.

neelie82

Hi everyone,

I'm having my wedding in March 2013
happy.gif
However, i need to have a recommendation on MTM gowns. Whether seamstress/bridal shop as I will only be looking at having one white gown for the entire day (Lunch wedding banquet). Going to save on tea dress or "evening" dress. Therefore, the one white gown has to be done nicely! My HTB would most probably be just renting a one suit too. Any ideas? Got a picture of how i would want the dress to be attached.

1859258.jpg

I think it's just the best design for a morning to lunch wear... with tea ceremony/solemnization/dinner all in one. Saves me alot of headache on changing in and out for such a short time. Let me know what you think!