(2013/11) Nov 2013 BTB

lemonzil

beegirl, yes, usually the VG and PG will check wat time will the MUA be here. they will come about half an hour later... that's the norm. ;)

rabber

Nice invite you have there beegirl!!

I don't intend to find someone to slot in if we someone cancel last minute. We're just gonna make do. No time. And don't want to make my guests feel liek they're a last min slot in coz wedding is just around the corner. Hahaa...

Bibilow

Lemonzil: What jie meis dress did your bridesmaid pick? Care to share with me? I am a little worried that they may not like the same design so thought same colour should suffice. Thanks for the advice... I think I'm getting annoyed at myself that I need to keep bugging him to do his share. Maybe I should use reverse psychology and will not even bug him at all. Hmm...

beegirl: Your wedding invites are awesome!! I like it so much! At least you are done with the wedding invites. I have not even send mine for printing. I told my fiance that we need to do it by this week but...I doubt he would be able to do it by this weekend.

I would also not re-invite anyone too and will make do with my current guest list. My married friends told me there will be guests who will not able to turn up at the last minute so you have to keep re-arranging your seating arrangement.

Khanompang: I totally feel you.... I have such requests too and it's giving me such a huge headache!

suigen

Hi all Nov 2013 brides , less than 2 mths till the Big Day for some of us. :) I'm also a Nov bride. Feeling the headache with guests list too and the wedding jitters as we're getting closer to the date. ;/

suigen

Dear BTB,

Due to some problem, Me and my husband decided to push our wedding to 2014.
And i had already booked my AD MUA for 13 Nov 2013, She dont accept change of date. So i have no choice to let go my package with her.
She allow me to transfer to anyone who can use her on that day.

Below is my package,

-AD Morning Make up & Hair Do
- AD Dinner Make up & Hair Do
- Second Match-in
- Groom hair do (Dinner)
- Fake Eyes Lash
- ampoule
- Free 1 Mother Make Up
- Free 1 Sister Make Up

*No extra charges before 7am.

I got my package above at $580 NETTTT price..
I already paid a deposit of $260 to her.
Willing to sell away my package at $150.
Reminding $320 to be paid on AD.

Means you save $110 + (Free Sister & mother make up) + Early transportation.

If you want to see her art work : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0201056&type=1

Pm if you interested.

Thank you

Wow, $580 nett with + 2nd march-in + 1 mother & 1 sister, is like the best deal price-wise, I've ever seen.

maomao301113

Hi all Nov 2013 brides , less than 2 mths till the Big Day for some of us. :) I'm also a Nov bride. Feeling the headache with guests list too and the wedding jitters as we're getting closer to the date. ;/

Yeah. Can feel the stress slowly building up. Especially the HTB not moving at all. Must nag many times hoping to get the things done on time. Jia you everyone :)

tulipkiss

Finally went to get invitation cards done. Phew!! One task down!!
So happy with the cards:)
View attachment 7313

But inviting and RSVP is so annoying cause if one couldn't attend then have to re invite and try to slot in nicely for guests. Do u ladies feel the same here???

Your invitation cards are so cool! :)

Actually do we need to have the RSVP thing? For friends, think I'm gonna text them and confirm who's able to attend before preparing the invites... Relatives I don't have many, so easier to gauge who are those who will/can attend. Not gonna re-invite, unless really ALOT of people suddenly cannot attend...

lemonzil

Lemonzil: What jie meis dress did your bridesmaid pick? Care to share with me? I am a little worried that they may not like the same design so thought same colour should suffice. Thanks for the advice... I think I'm getting annoyed at myself that I need to keep bugging him to do his share. Maybe I should use reverse psychology and will not even bug him at all. Hmm...

Bibilow: i picked a white/purple dress for my Jiemeis. I saw it while looking out at city plaza and instantly fell in love with the color. Ended up, the color theme for my morning was adjusted to be the same. purple and white. brothers dressed in white with purple bow tie. and i have my roses in purple and white too..

Dont get so annoyed! take it easy. perhaps just give him a final dead line say by end of the month otherwise gonna start sourcing for help? Otherwise you'll keep worrying which is also no good for wedding preparation! :)

lemonzil

msyeo

Beegirl, you have got a very interesting invitation. Thumbz up;)

I just collected my invitations. Aiyo, that printing co abit calculative. Heard stories about them, just keeping my finger cross... but luckily manage to settled without much :mad:... Going down to collect the rest of the balance envelopes this weekend, hehe:D
Food tasting checked. For the moment, dealing with the table arrangement... almost done on my end, but fiancee still taking his timeo_O The guys are always taking their own sweet time... hais

lemonzil

Thanks lemonzil:) I thought of ordering from sweetest moment :)

welcome~ sweetest moment has got quite a fair bit of good reviews of late. they are more towards the modern type i think? i have not tried any from there yet though. :)

Bibilow

Hi gals.. Howare things so far? It's less than 2 months to our big day. Feeling the jitters and the hiccups are starting to pop up.

Wedding invites are not ready yet. Haven bought the Guo Da Li stuff yet. Still in the midst of settling my bridal album. Need to find hairstyles for my AD bridal gown. Grrrr! So many stuff not done yet and not to mention the seating arrangement.

khanompang

bibilow: chill babe! Hahaha. I think most importantly, is the ability to handle the pressure and not snap at each other plus don't over-stress and fall sick now. Jiayou! :) I've got my invites, just haven't got down to writing and sorting, table arrangements done up, bridal album in the midst of printing and wedding cakes ordered. Will be getting guo da li stuff this week... I think planning too many events at work does help. I think our time-plan is much way ahead. As for AD bridal gown hairstyles, mine's pretty simple, I think I will bun up my hair for both gowns, no choice, seems like both gowns look more flattering, classy and clean with a bun-up hairstyle! By the way, anything that I figured out I can't finish is probably unimportant, then I won't bother so much (like fretting over the ang bao box design since if I can't finish, the hotel does provide!)

Hang in there pretties!

Bibilow

Haha... Khanompang. Think I'm beginning to feel like a bridezilla. I am really starting to feel the stress and have been snapping at my fiance coz he has not done his share yet. Have been so busy with work so have no time to plan at work and the only time I get to do it is at home. Have been giving myself deadline each and every day coz have been slacking too much for the past few months.

I'm getting the ang bao box from the hotel as I'm not that creative as beegirl. Where will you be getting your Guo Da Li stuff? I went to Le Knot recommended by Lemonzil and they really have everything under one roof. The person was really helpful too.

I will bun up my hair for my white gown too but then am still thinking what to do for my evening gown coz thought should let down some of my hair. Any suggestion?

IMG_2857.JPG

lemonzil

Chill bibilow! Guo Da Li stuff is one easy thing... dont have to worry. and if you really go to Le Knot in the end, it's really nothing but a breeze..
that's a nice gown btw! :) cheer up. remember to take a step back, focus on the things to be done instead of worrying at how things may turn out to be.

just curious... why not talk to ur MUA and discuss about ur hairstyle instead? breathe!!

beegirl

Ahh, I'm feeling the jitters too! A number of unfinished tasks too ! But the guest list and seating arrangements is really the most headache task.. Always have issue with arranging all 10 friends sitting together
What I feel relieve about was that we are finally done with bridal shop, collected bed frame,albums and chose ad gowns though not very please with their range of gowns.

Bibilow: u have a gorgeous evening gown there

lemonzil

that's like the most common issue for everyone.. fitting all 1o friends tgt... sometimes u got to do some splitting... jiayou all btbs!

khanompang

bibilow: don't snap, don't snap! Remember that wedding is a day but marriage is a lifetime, don't hurt feelings and strain the relationship because of a day! :) I am sure everything will turn out wonderful! I'll be getting my Guo Da Li stuff at Chinatown some shop because my aunt's did it for my cousin so they know the exact shop and will bring fiance and me to get it. Luckily my mum is pretty cool about all these, I managed to convince her to have them as simple as possible, save money, save hassle! :p

Agree with beegirl that you can discuss with your MUA with regard to the hairstyle but I thought if you wish to go for the Disney princess feel, letting down partial of your hair can create that effect coupled with your gown. Otherwise, if you wish to have the cleaner, elegant and showing off your collar bones and bust area neckline, then a bun up hairdo will draw attention to that!

beegirl: luckily I don't have much issues with friends. Most are my dad's friends (haiz, irony of wedding - I don't know more than half the people! Doing it only for parents when it's supposed to be MY wedding! :confused:) so, as long as I have 10 people to one table, I don't care who sits with who! :D

khanompang

kate_spade: I haven't reached that extent! My fiance did though... He couldn't sleep well on the night before guo da li, woke up at 7+am when I told him deliver only at about 12nn. Hahaha... I was mad catching up on sleep struggling through the wedding video previous night (fiance is horrible when it comes to IT stuff). Now have to try very hard to clear work everyday so that I can go off for my leave!

Jia you everyone!

beegirl

I'm getting the jitters too!!! Mine is one month away but seemed like not everything organized properly

lemonzil

chill beegirl... that feeling will not leave you until ur wedding day is over... just remember, so long as ur to-do-list is checked, you should be fine! :)

Cheers!

msyeo

Can anyone be more unprepared then me?! :eek:
I have not get GDL stuff. Yet to select songs. Montage halfway done. Groom's suit only be done in 2 weeks time (I think). Bedframe gona deliver next week but room not pack yet (cos recently move house, and some of my stuff were migrated to my fiancée's place). Though of doing my own ang bao box but looks like I cant anymore. Table list still unconfirmed. Have not meet up with my jie mei for discussion... :(

lemonzil

GDL stuff - one trip to the shop can be done. Just need to collect (usually) 1 day before your GDL.
Songs - can be done very fast; just need to be decisive :)
Groom Suit - waiting for tailor or groom?
Bedroom - pack a bit a day. will help clear up space soon. :)
Ang Bao box - no time, no issues, use hotel's. dont let it bug you.
Table list - split up the guests and do up in categories. you'll progress fast enough.
meet up with Jie Meis - Still in time to do it 1 week before your AD, so long as they are cooperative enough.

Dont worry! Breathe!!!

BB

Hi msyeo, why dont u outsource all things to jiemei n brothers and table arrangement to both parents?
Eg. Ang bao box pass to your most creative jie mei.
Montage- pass it to one of the brothers who control AV sys
Tables arrangement - inform both parents, left of the ballroom to Groom n right to bride. Let them handle it
GDL stuff - should be handled by both mom. Just tell them the shop address.

Relax and breathe :)

khanompang

ms yeo, relax. Still got time, don't panic. GDL stuff just head down to the shop one noon, 1 hour max, settled. If your MIL is not particular like mine, seriously I only bought minimal stuff, so mine was really chop chop done! I also gave up on my angbao box, just use hotels. Table arrangements for the relatives and parents' friends, ask them to do or else just throw any 10 people in one table if they don't do for you. March in songs, just pick 2. If you are not fussy, that's easy. Dinner songs actually hotel has them, even if you wish to pick your list, really, just any 20 will do, loop them, nobody will realise. Meeting with bridesmaids, why not you setup some kind of groupchat? I have a whatsapp group with my bridesmaid, any random stuff can be done first via that :)

Write out a checklist of stuff and cancel them, make sure you set target deadlines :) that was how fiance and I got a lot of things settled slowly but steadily. Don't panic!

Bibilow

Sorry gals.. Have been busy lately so haven got time to log in. How's the prep coz it's just THIS MONTH! It's another 3 more weeks to my BIG DAY.

Khanompang: Guess I was too uptight over the whole wedding affair and my fiance and I had many quarrels especially during the past 2 months. (And to think that we seldom quarrel before the wedding preparation) I think I will learn to just let nature take its course and relax before the big day. So where are you going for your honeymoon? My trip is finally confirmed though it was postponed by 2 days but at least one more item done. Now am left with packing my fiance's room.

Lemonzil: I went Le Knot already and the salesperson was really helpful. Their package seems a little expensive so I got my Guo Da Li package from them and my An Zhuang items from Chinatown. Am doing the Guo Da Li next week... :)

Beegirl: Just done up my seating arrangement last weekend and my montage is 80% done. (btw, do you think 5 mins is a bit too long for montage?) Haven got my bridal album though coz they will only courier to me next week. Can't wait to see them and hopefully no major hiccups. I asked my MUA for advice and she decided to sweep my hair to one side and I am quite pleased with what she have done.

By the way, your instant prints comes with unlimited shots but is there a limit to the number of photos printed? And do they return you all the photos? I'm quite keen on instant prints now. Haha!

Mrs Yeo: Calm down.. I was just like you but then like what Khanompang says, write down a checklist and set deadlines.. It may seems a little daunting but when you try to clear it one by one, you will realise that it is not as difficult as it seems.

lemonzil

chill bibilow...

glad you manage to get help over at Le Knot! we were time-tied and too lazy to run so many shops then that we purchased everything from them. :)

take a deep breath, the final lap and it will be over soon!

Bibilow

Yes... It's another 4 more weeks and I can enjoy my honeymoon trip. Do you know if my fiancé and I should prepare a speech at the wedding banquet?

So how's married life? Care to share some thoughts since most of us are entering the new phrase of life soon.

lemonzil

imo, to attend a wedding w/o a speech, is a bit rude. but that's of course, my own opinion.
to date have not attended any that does not have it. doesnt necessary need both to talk. i've been to weddings where only the groom/bride talks. :) my best friend's wedding was an animation version of thank you speech! I mean if you are worried about stage frights etc, such pre-recorded speeches can do the trick. :D

for me, wedding speech is important as it's my way of saying thanks to my guests and of course both families, relatives especially, the in-laws. ;)

hmmm, if u ask me, sometimes both hubby and i still feel like we're not married! like still dating probaby because we have been staying together even before marriage.
but of course, after marriage, it does feels different. personally, i find myself becoming more tolerant of my hubby and vice versa.

don't know leh, maybe it's just me, i tot i did 'mature' in some way. plus, now, many times we mus think of his family too.
cause he stays with me, we mus constantly make arrangements to go back and sleep over at his place, dinner at his place etc.

then of course, the bugging question .. baby.. :confused:

khanompang

bibilow: packing room is the most disastrous man! I just did mine over the last 2 weeks! Hahaha, I am amused by the amount of thrash I kept! I'm going to Maldives for my honeymoon next week! Waiting for everything to be over... Not the least excited somehow, I think everyday I am so drained and busy (with my work as well, owe the kids stuff) until I have no time to feel excited. Hahaha... In fact, I sleep so soundly the past few days. Like drop dead kind. Don't quarrel with your fiance, stay cool! I agree with my bf's friend's advice - don't aim for perfection, it's not going to go exactly as planned. Expect hiccups but just enjoy. Hahaha... I am a sleepy bride, I am just counting down to after the wedding for the sleep (confirm sleep like pig). Speech, depends on how comfortable you are. I've been to weddings which have no speech, one person speaks and both persons speak. Well, personally I will likely do a speech but a real short one. Some of my friends and colleagues, I have handmade boxes and filled them with chocs and notes to express my gratitude (to save the dreaded long speech) and my fiance thinks the boxes look mad pretty! Simple yet thoughtful :)

rabber: I try not to get too many friends involved, too many briefings to be done. I'm just getting some of my relatives, like cousins and aunts to do it (they know what should be done, easy peasy!) but I think if they do help somehow, perhaps a treat or an angpow will do? You decide because you know them best! Some really just want to join in the fun and share the joy, even without the angpow. My colleague even volunteered to loan her son to me, and dress him up from her own pocket cause she's really happy to see me married!

lemonzil

oh yes bibilow... if you and your fiance have not been staying together, getting used to each other's lifestyle and habits can also be quite interesting.

i heard from friends things like not used to sharing the bed with somebody, the snoring habits... personally, i got 'punched' by my hubby twice as he was having a violent dream. haha.

also things like squeezing toothpaste from the bottom or center etc... all these a little nitty gritty stuff that sometimes may irk each other especially when one is having a bad day...

but then, take it easy... more importantly, letting such stuff affect you! :)

rabber: i gave to those whom i have asked to help out personally... mainly the brothers and sisters, my emcees and receptionist. of course i catered extra for the hotel folks as well.

beegirl

Congrats ladies! November is over!!! Wedding is finally over with beautiful memories:) hope u ladies are doing good