(2013/11) Nov 2013 BTB

Bibilow

Btw gals, what march in song have you shortlisted for your wedding?

I've only shortlisted one so far and it's by Bryan Adams - I finally found someone. Am still sourcing for my 2nd song.

lemonzil

Biblow: that's good. hope you can get to communicate with him before your AD especially if you have any special requests/requirements!

Can't agree more, they just need to be 'nagged' at ...

lemonzil

my first march in - Endless Love (Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross version)

2nd march in - I just can't stop loving you (Michael Jackson)

both are duets :D

msyeo

Hello all BTB, I am Nov BTB too :p
Did I come late and what have I miss? Hehe:D

Lemonzil, thank you for the JP's contact. Checked back my passed sent mail and realized I've liaised with him before. Our timing doesn’t meet so… no choice:(

lemonzil

msyeo, no worries... i'm sure u can find another one... keep trying!

lemonzil

rabber: i'd short hair during my PS and AD... cos i snipped last yr thinking my wedding wld be in 2014...

dont think short hair is an issue unless it's really those crew cut short..

lemonzil

they can extend by using some short wigs to do a nice bundle. my hair was about neck length then.. she adds it in whenever she need to.

have u met ur MUA already?

lemonzil

seems like.. i dont know. i met my AD MUA when i visited the shop for 1st fitting.

my PS MUA was another person.

actually, might not be that bad.. depending on the wig. or do you want to call up the PS to check if you can speak to your MUA for advise?
nobody actually really believe i had additional hair during both AD and PS...

msyeo

Talking about MUA, what is the usual practice? Morning 1 makeup, Night another make up? As for 2nd match in, usually just let down hair for a different look?
And do you girls engage extra service to doll up your mum and MIL? What is the price range like?

lemonzil

Hhhmmm.. sure. Yup. Looks like I cant do anything except add wig if need be.

Hopefully, I'll still look good after styling for this Thurs shoot.

dont worry too much.. just give them a ring. talk to your MUA. i reckon it will be a lot more assuring.
just remember, for your PS, remember to smile.. and sleep more the night before (i doubt it'll be easy). :)

lemonzil

Talking about MUA, what is the usual practice? Morning 1 makeup, Night another make up? As for 2nd match in, usually just let down hair for a different look?
And do you girls engage extra service to doll up your mum and MIL? What is the price range like?

ms yeo, yes, 1 in the morning 1 in the evening. I topped up extra for touch up before my ROM in the noon and then a change of hairstyle plus touch up for my 2nd march in.
my MIL didnt want only my mum did engage her service. can't remember if it's 120 or 150...

msyeo

Ic... oh, nearly forgotten about ROM. I'm like you, ROM is just before the dinner commence. Hmm, was thinking the evening make up will be use for the night? That should be okay right?
Make up usually come with hairdo?

lemonzil

oh, my ROM was in the noon, solely on it's own. banquet in the evening.. so my MUA had to see me 4 times... haha. morning, then noon then evening before banquet and finally before 2nd march in.

yeap usually evening make up can last for the night. if you dont sweat a lot... the hairstyle comes along with it. but different MUA may work differently... mine definitely contains both.

khanompang

msyeo: makeup usually comes with hairdo, mine is solemnisation before dinner so I'll just make do with one style, save money and both my gown and evening gown looks better with my hair bun up so I reckon that there is no need to waste extra money even though I have a separate gown for solemnisation, but it's a personal preference anyway! :)

rabber: don't worry, it's their job to make you look pretty! You job is just to smile and look pretty!

msyeo

Okok, thank you:)
Yet to go for fitting. Hopefully I am able to get some nice gown;)
There are afew things yet to check. Songs, childhood montage, some GDL items, ring pillow (gona DIY), ang bao box... :confused:

rabber

My photoshoot is this Thursday and I realised I finished my last pair of contact lens. Threw it away and just realised last night! Panicking now! Mine is a lesser known brand and don't think optician can bring in in time for me. I'm gonna call him as soon as hi shop opens. :(

lemonzil

chill rabber.. u still have the weekend to source... i'm sure it wont get in ur way. :)

lemonzil

good to know that! Dont worry too much!

CST

Hi Nov BTBs! I'm new here and I'm a 30 Nov BTB. =)
Anyone has florists to recommend for decoration of venue?
So many things haven do .. super stressed

Bibilow

Finally found my 2nd march in song. It's You and Me by Olivia Ong. My fiance liked the song too so one more task down! Phew. He has yet to complete the montage though. Time to start nagging at him again.

My bridal studio also asked me not to cut my hair too short and plus I need to keep my fringe at a certain length so it's easier for my MUA to style my hair. My hair is currently in a mess now and I can't do anything about it. Anyway look on the bright side, we have only 2 more months to go and then we can do what we like to our hair.

Lemonzil: Where did you go to get your GDL stuff? Am going to start sourcing for it next month.

lemonzil

Bibilow: hehehe.. well at least he's doing the montage.. dont worry too much. when the date draws nearer, he'll feel the heat to start working everything out.

yeap, dont cut your hair already.. let ur MUA do wonders on your AD. My MUA also asked me not to. just do some touch up on the colours will do. :)

I got my GDL stuff from Le Knot (City Plaza level 5). The aunty and the lady (forgot her name opps...) are very very nice. they are not hardsell type and they will advise you patiently.
Just need to tell them both your htb and your dialect group they will give you the list of items you need to buy. My An Chuang items and Dowry are all bought there too.
of course some items dont need to buy/can source outside (cheaper e.g. pig trotters/bed sheets/pyjamas etc) we got on our own... :)

khanompang

bibilow: haha, talk about hair, i realised my hair just stops growing somehow whenever it hits the current length :( But I just have to cut my fringe, too irritating to keep it long, I'll just make do with a sideswept one which I prefer! You and me is nice, was considering it too!

Bibilow

Lemonzil: thanks.. Will go down to check it out. Thought Chinatown market was the only one selling it. Do they have an zhuang items as well? He is supposed to do the montage but yet now, nothing is done yet. It's 2 months to our big day and sometimes I really do hate to nag at him every single day. Can't wait for the big day to be over.

Khanompang: Yup.. I like the beginning where Olivia will sing without any background music. Thought it will be good when we can both march in when the music starts. I don't like my fringe to be too long too coz my hair is quite flat. Now my hair is limp and my colour is kinda fading too. I think I look like an ugly bride to be. So how's your bridal album coming up? Have you seen the layout yet?

lemonzil

Bibilow: actually there are lots of shops out there selling. But guess the prices at Chinatown maybe more competitive. Personally i really like Le Knot's very friendly service. Yes they sell An Chuang and Jia Zhuang items too.

They will also brief you on the necessary procedures even though the instructions slip is already in the package. And when you are unsure, anytime you can call them to ask over the phone! My hubby called them a few times before during and after collection of those items. It feels like full fledge good customer service to us. :)

We decided to change our bedside lamp design on the very day of An Chuang (we collected the items 1 day before) and the aunty who was still having her breakfast changed for us without 2nd thoughts.

it's 2 months away.. i think he will only start to feel the heat 1 month before your wedding. talk to him. share with him your concerns and worry. I'm sure he will start working something out. Dont over stress on this! Well, when the big day is over, perhaps you'll feel like re-living it again... at least that's the feeling i get sometimes.. lots of memories.. :)

khanompang

bibilow: Not ugly bride-to-be! Don't worry. My hair colour is also fading off but I'm holding till nearer my wedding to dye it (i somehow get a bit of itchy scalp whenever hair dye comes into contact with it, so I try to minimise the dyeing processes). No worries about the video, seriously my videographer say this he cannot do that he cannot do, I feel like strangling him and ask so what are you capable of? Useless company. Feels like crap working with them. My ultimate most regrettable decision of my wedding and luckily or not, I have decided to cancel their services for actual day. Yes, I have seem my bridal album layout. Is is normal that the album doesn't give you the WOW effect? I don't feel wow-ed when I saw it... Looks pretty normal and standard. Haha, I was more amazed by individual photos when I saw them, or could it be that I have been looking too often at my photos that I expected more?? o_O

beegirl

Khanomphang: I don't have the WOW feeling either when I saw the layout. So i guess it's always pretty standard

Thanks Rabber and Beegirl for your input on AD photographers.

Btw, as you know that photographers charge their fees per hour, when are guys asking them to start work? Is it from the beginning before the make up until the end of the wedding reception? somehow i thought make up will take very long so asking them to come half an hour after the make up is ok. I need some inputs on this. Thank you.

Hi Lemonzil, understand that your wedding is over so maybe you can advise me on this too? thanks

babyger07

Dear all, my wedding's on 09 Nov 2013 and will be having 2 separate banquets on 09 & 16 Nov. Anyone has reliable and available MUA to recommend for mums? Most of those I approached are booked for 09 Nov already. Thank you!

misssim

Dear all, my wedding's on 09 Nov 2013 and will be having 2 separate banquets on 09 & 16 Nov. Anyone has reliable and available MUA to recommend for mums? Most of those I approached are booked for 09 Nov already. Thank you!
I'm trying out Roselyn MUA. You can do a google search and might be able to find her. I'm engaging her for my future MIL cos it might be too rushed for my MUA to rush over to their place cos ours is a morning church ceremony

beegirl

Misssim : I have engaged Roselyn before for my company's fashion campaign photoshoot and I think she's good! She can do nice makeup n hairdo in a very fast pace. But I didn't engage her for my AD cus I thought her rates are over my budget

Bibilow

Lemonzil: Wow.. Seems like their service is top notch. Think I will go check out the place when I bring my jie meis to City Plaza to select their bridesmaid dresses. :)

Haiz.. I hope I can relax too but on the other hand, I'm worried that he might be busy with work and not able to complete it on time. Really dun understand guys.. Why do they need to procrastinate till the last min before they start working. Ain't it better to get it over and done with?

Khanompang: Oh no.. Sorry to hear about your videographer but at least you know how he's like before your AD. At least you get to change him before he ruin your big day. Haha.. I also din get the "wow" effect. I thought the individual photos look better too.. But when I see other people album layout, I thought theirs look much better.

Beegirl: It's been a long time since I last saw you. How's everything? Any more new DIY to share with us?

Shining_bride: I'm planning to get my photographer and videographer to come at the same time as the MUA so that they can take the make up + the gate crash process. Am not sure if this is the norm or do I just need only the videographer to be at my place the same time as my MUA?

misssim

I'm engaging Roselyn too but there may be 4 people to do the make up. She is doing it alone and I'm not sure whether it'll be ok for my sister to start make up at 3pm. Hahaha....

Anyway, is she good with hairdos too?
I'm not sure abt the hairdos cos my future MIL and sis in law prefer nth too fanciful. Hope it will still turn out well. When is ur AD?

misssim

Beegirl, glad to hear she's good. Haha planning for my wedding has taught me to have faith after you paid! U really never know what u'll get!

babyger07

i contacted Roselyn prior to posting here and she's not available for 09 Nov.. and i guess she's booked by rabber. :) any other recommendation?

lemonzil

Lemonzil: Wow.. Seems like their service is top notch. Think I will go check out the place when I bring my jie meis to City Plaza to select their bridesmaid dresses. :)

Haiz.. I hope I can relax too but on the other hand, I'm worried that he might be busy with work and not able to complete it on time. Really dun understand guys.. Why do they need to procrastinate till the last min before they start working. Ain't it better to get it over and done with?

I also got my jiemie dress from city plaza!! :)
Perhaps he's feeling very confident on working on it that's why he doesn't see the need to rush it out. well, perhaps you can set some mini datelines for him to work within? E.g. layout by 2 weeks, input of text by end Sep etc.. ? that might help? Unless you're doing animation then that'll be a lot of hard work. My best friend's wedding is 3 weeks from today and she's still working on her montage... so take a breather!! :)

rabber

I know of a MUA that's good. He did my make up and hirstyle in Di Gio but he'll be doing mine on 9 Nov 2013. I really like his style. His name is Chris. Anyone wants his contact for other days other then 9 Nov 2013, just pm me ok?

beegirl

Finally went to get invitation cards done. Phew!! One task down!!
So happy with the cards:)
ImageUploadedBySBForum1378575005.568016.jpg

But inviting and RSVP is so annoying cause if one couldn't attend then have to re invite and try to slot in nicely for guests. Do u ladies feel the same here???

Anyway I think videographer & photographer can come at the same time or half an hour after our make up so that they can shoot half pretty face haha! They will also need time to get themselves prepared, based on bridesmaid experience:)

khanompang

beegirl: I LOVE your invites! So nice! Wah, like some blockbuster movie ticket! I feel like wanting one too! Hahahaha :) I do agree, doing the invites for guests is the most headache part. You must ensure those sitting together won't quarrel, flip tables and fight. My fiance's uncles requested to sit on separate tables. They win.