(2013/11) Nov 2013 BTB

beegirl

Lemonzil : Thanks:)

Gonggong88 : Hmm, only done with photoshoot and haven really started preparing except with invitation card and ang bao designing. So 24th is your msia or sg wedding day?

lemonee

Charlove: Thanks:)

Sha16: Babe, i've added you on fb:) Once approved i will add you in to the group:)

Lemonee: Thanks dear:) Noticed your blog url, bet you are also a polkadot lover:) hi^5

Bibilow: Thanks:) Just doing what i loved to do. Now need the bridesmaids to do the cutting and pasting hahaha!

Rabber: Have you done with reno? My bil is doing ID, i can pm you contacts if you need:) Can take a look at my love nest as well here for a better idea :http://www.thelifeofmoomoo.blogspot.sg/search/label/Our love nest

I think we needa list down the to-do list for each month from Aug-Nov already. ahhhhhh, its almost August already, its coming its coming!

Beegirl -> Yup! Loves polkadots design a lot... Hi-FIVE!!

gonggong88

Lemonzil : Thanks:)

Gonggong88 : Hmm, only done with photoshoot and haven really started preparing except with invitation card and ang bao designing. So 24th is your msia or sg wedding day?

Beegirl: 24th will be my sg wedding. Just received call from my hotel coordinator this Morning saying tat We can go for food tasting either this month or Sep. Hehe. Getting more n more excited!

kate_spade

Hi girls,

Is there anything that we cannot do during the Lunar 7th month?? Both my & HTB parents says don't buy any wedding stuff during this period…was wondering if printing of invitation cards and sending of RSVP is still considered is ok :(

khanompang

kate_spade: i think a lot of people choose not to do anything pertaining to their wedding on the lunar 7th mth, heard from my friends. But I think I am going along with the RSVP part, by phone. Haha, otherwise, its like too late. Anyway, my photographer said he'll edit my photos only in August, also lunar 7th month...

kate_spade

kate_spade: i think a lot of people choose not to do anything pertaining to their wedding on the lunar 7th mth, heard from my friends. But I think I am going along with the RSVP part, by phone. Haha, otherwise, its like too late. Anyway, my photographer said he'll edit my photos only in August, also lunar 7th month...

Khanompang: Ya, was kinda of worried of time issue moreover my AD is in early Nov….for sure we'll be sending out my RSVP during this period but worried about the printing, my htb says we should go ahead, if not no time liao.

khanompang

Khanompang: Ya, was kinda of worried of time issue moreover my AD is in early Nov….for sure we'll be sending out my RSVP during this period but worried about the printing, my htb says we should go ahead, if not no time liao.

I guess printing is fine? Since you are not sending? Haha, I am pretty sure quite a lot of backend work gets done during the 7th month, just that cannot see... Like editing photos, selecting photos, photographer printing album (i mean, we cannot stop them either!) so I guess so long as it is not the major stuff like sending invites or photoshoot, it shouldn't be that big an issue! :) Just enjoy!

Bibilow

Lemonzil: Thanks for your advice.. Time is running out now and am getting nervous each and every day.

JeannaT: Glad to hear that you have finally done your photoshoot. Have fun choosing your photos coz it'll be a major headache as all the photos will look great. Haha..

Rabber: Ya.. Doing happy stuff should be happy but then it'll get a little stressed at times so I'm glad that I only get to do my wedding preparation now and worry about my house later. Saw your new place and it looks really spacious.. Will start looking at reno after wedding and might ask you for some pointers then.

Khanompang: Saw your FB post and understand that you have issues with your montage. My fiance is using this application Fantashow from the net to do the montage and the results are quite good. Maybe you would like to try it.

lemonzil

Lemonzil: Thanks for your advice.. Time is running out now and am getting nervous each and every day.

My pleasure... remember to relax! dont over stress yourself too much!! you can do it!

rabber

Bilbow, I know the stress. ;) Things get getting changed for us along the way too and seems like mountain load of stuff to do. I'm just taking it one step at a time and for those stuff that cannot be done. I'm prepared to let it go. Hahaa.. so I won't be so stressed up. Important thing is to have a good time with my loved ones on that day and to be happy and enjoy the day.

And sure, feel free to check with me if you need any contacts for doing up with your place. We didn't use an ID coz it's a simple place so I can recommend painters, light contractors, heater installers etc. Hehee...

Now, I'm a semi houswife every weekend, doing cleaning and packing and still hunting for some furniture.

khanompang

bibilow: yes :( So mad upset working with my videographer now. Thought it will be easier asking him to do montage, ended up having to explain to him why we want what we want cos' he keeps trying to convince us of what he thinks is nice is the best for us. I refuse to talk to him now, let my fiance go settle. So mad upset I am even thinking of forfeiting my deposit for the videography and just scrape the thing cos' somehow even now, I don't feel that happy and looking forward to working with them. Disappointment. It wasn't as what seemed to be promised to deliver to my wishes initially.

Bibilow

Rabber: You are right. I should relax a little and not be too stressed out. Most importantly is to have a good time and enjoy the whole process.
I think I need an ID for my place coz it'll will be brand new but I can source some of the ideas from your place. But it's a long way to go...

I'm quite kiasu so have aready rsvp my guest to check their availability. But my fiance has not done his part yet. Will need to do it soon coz my wedding coordinator just email me our contacts for the printing company.

Khanompang: Oh no.. So have your fiance manage to convince him to do your way? I wanted my videographer to do our montage too but he was the one to tell us to use internet to source for an application coz he will only able to do a simple job for us and we may not even like what he does. You can really try the application I recommend, it's really idiot proof.

lemonzil

Yes, I thought so too. Hhhmmm.. must quickly rush out my designs now already... kan chiong kan chiong.

chill chill... remember dont be overstress! enjoy it... most importantly, enjoy ur big day! i quite miss my AD a lot.... :p

khanompang

rabber: Papermarket? Daiso? I think these are the more handicraft shops, otherwise, I think Chinatown has some shops that sells handicraft stuff too, not sure if it fits what you are looking for.

bibilow: Ya, my fiance manage to convince him somehow. It's actually an easier job for him cause we didn't want something to over-fanciful that spoils our whole theme with his kiddish and childish animations. We actually prefer something more classic. But somehow, it strained the relationship, I am having this phobia working with him. I actually don't look forward at all to spending the money on his videography. On hindsight, I should have just stuck with my photographer, I like him so much more!

khanompang

rabber: thanks a lot! Ya, I am getting my fiance to talk to him now, i told my fiance I cannot communicate with that videographer without feeling pissed so I refuse to talk to him. hahaha...

lemonzil

rabber: thanks a lot! Ya, I am getting my fiance to talk to him now, i told my fiance I cannot communicate with that videographer without feeling pissed so I refuse to talk to him. hahaha...

heehee... I was super pissed with my VG 1 wk before my AD. I totally switched off and threw all the communication work to my hubby too~!

beegirl

Khanompang : sorry to hear about the videographer issue. To make u feel better actually ur videographer is doing the montage early for u and now ur hubby can liaise with him on the kind of feel u guys wanted, for ours we are only allowed to send him the photos a month before the wedding :( so chill, still have time to ask for changes :)

Rabber: paper market has a lot pretty wrappers :) I got mine there for ang baos as well as ang bao box

I'm just going ahead to print invitations are RSVP guest for the wedding despite the 7th month. Maybe just skip the buying of GDL stuffs .

My bridesmaid came and helped me with my customized ang baos and I'm so happy that one task down:)
I decided to leave some of the tasks to my bridesmaid to lessen the stress. U girls should do that too:)
ImageUploadedBySBForum1376130515.220982.jpg

beegirl

Oh ya! I've confirmed with unlimited instant print for the banquet at $399 for 2 hours. Asked the photographer to come only during the roundings from table to table at 9pm so he can print out straight and distribute to the guests. This is the best price I've found so far, anyone need the details can let me know:) good thing to share

khanompang

beegirl: I MEGA LOVE your angbaos! So much so that I want to steal yours! hahaha... Ya, I know at least my VG is doing it early but seriously he just has very low EQ and attitude sucks so it super irks me.

lemonzil: at least someone feels how I feel, actually my fiance is also quite pissed with that fella, but because I simply throw the mess to him, he had to clear it. Thank goodness my fiance was understanding enough as to why I am so angry, and he knows that I am the kind who doesn't hide my feelings but show it all over my face, he is thinking of just cancelling the whole VG thing just to make sure that I am happy on the actual day :) Super touched.

Hi Hi, I am new here... my wedding is on 9 Nov 13

Hi Rabber, i read from the thread that your wedding is on 9 Nov too?

Hi All, just want to get some ideas if you all have engaged JP? any recommended ones? thanks

lemonzil

beegirl: I MEGA LOVE your angbaos! So much so that I want to steal yours! hahaha... Ya, I know at least my VG is doing it early but seriously he just has very low EQ and attitude sucks so it super irks me.

lemonzil: at least someone feels how I feel, actually my fiance is also quite pissed with that fella, but because I simply throw the mess to him, he had to clear it. Thank goodness my fiance was understanding enough as to why I am so angry, and he knows that I am the kind who doesn't hide my feelings but show it all over my face, he is thinking of just cancelling the whole VG thing just to make sure that I am happy on the actual day :) Super touched.

He's so nice.. actually i'm sure all the htbs can see all the hardwork all btbs are putting in and that they can understand it too. by the final week before my AD, i told my htb that i'm really super drained up from all the planning (including honeymoon). he picked up all communication job with the PG and VG from there. so dont worry too much! it's just the start of your lifetime journey together. :)

rabber

Yes yes, my wedding is on 9 Nov 2013 too. Am looking forward to it and my married life except for the fact that my MIL to be keep hinting that I don't like to cook and think she's not happy with it. I am feeling the stress and getting unhappy with it also. Yes, I don't like to cook but I will. But I'm not gonna be a full time cook everyday kind of wife coz I have to work as well and it's tiring. And she's particular about the food we feed ourselves. I know she cares about her son's health but it's not like we're eating terribly unhealthily. And we're already in our mid 30's. I really feel like she's not willing to let go of her son and am expecting me to mother him the way she does.

Anyone has similar problems?

Bibilow

Beegirl: Wow! I really like what you have done. Think I'm not having the instant prints after all coz my fiance is not very keen on the idea. Oh well.. Guess I can save more and splurge on my honeymoon. :)

Khanompang: I'm now very worried about my PG more than my VG. My PG is from my bridal studio and so far, I've not seen his portfolio at all. Not sure if he's good or not.

Rabber: I think I understand how you feel. My future MIL is a full time housewife and I think she expects me to learn how to cook from her. I know nuts about cooking but I guess I will give in and learn from her since my fiance loves home cooked food. Hopefully she doesn't hope that I will cook everyday coz I totally understand how tired one gets after a long hard day at work.

lemonzil

Beegirl: Wow! I really like what you have done. Think I'm not having the instant prints after all coz my fiance is not very keen on the idea. Oh well.. Guess I can save more and splurge on my honeymoon. :)

Khanompang: I'm now very worried about my PG more than my VG. My PG is from my bridal studio and so far, I've not seen his portfolio at all. Not sure if he's good or not.

Rabber: I think I understand how you feel. My future MIL is a full time housewife and I think she expects me to learn how to cook from her. I know nuts about cooking but I guess I will give in and learn from her since my fiance loves home cooked food. Hopefully she doesn't hope that I will cook everyday coz I totally understand how tired one gets after a long hard day at work.

Bibilow, PG from BS usually their work will be pretty standard. turn out will be quite different from pre wedding PS for sure but dont think they will be really bad e.g. blurrred etc. After all, they should be professionals since they are from the BS. My PG was also from my BS and we actually are quite satisfied with his work! so dont worry too much. If you are, call up ur BS to ask if you can view any works of his. Dont worry! :)

rabber

Yes, I was just getting stressed out the past 2 days from it and needed a place to rant. Had a good talk with my fiance on how to handle it in the future. This thread is my wedding support thread. Hehehe...

Anyway, just to share with your girls a sneak peak of mt MTM wedding gown. I'm loving the back more than the front. Yesterday was my first fitting.

1_zpsdba06d94.jpg

Have you girls found your freelance MUA also?

khanompang

rabber: nice gown! Sexy back! :) I think a lot of MIL are like that, they just hope that their daughter in law can be a housewife like them. I hope my MIL is not like that, at least she is not like that yet. Haha, told my fiance I just need to work, eat and sleep next time, she can do everything else, she loves doing housework... I am taking my same MUA for pre-wedding shoot so I have no issues with it.

lemonzil: yes, glad that my fiance is so understanding. He's been doing quite a lot too, the communication work were mostly done by him, I am doing more random stuff like designing save the date cards, doing up some editing for photos and songs selections and most importantly, set deadlines for him. Men can work but I realised they need to keep constantly reminded of deadlines.

bibilow: I think BS PG should be ok? I have only heard of people complaining about pre-shoot PG got attitude cause of the number of photos they argue for selection but since actual day wedding shots is quite standard, there is nothing much to give attitude about? Plus, I think the BS will QC before signing job with the PG so I suppose it should be quite ok :) No worries, maybe can ask for portfolio to see?

Random note, my PG has been spamming me with edited photos these 2 days! Very pretty photos to life the gloom of the unhappy VG problems! ;)

@Rabber: Nice gown ;)

@All: Any recommendations AD photographer? i've been looking around. The good ones are very expensive :S
How much do you guys set aside for AD phtography?

rabber

Thank you, my gown is nicer at the back than the front. Haha.. front is real simple.

shining_bride, I am engaging the service of Blessed-i. I find his pictures not bad and was comfortable when talking to him too. I think it's important that you feel comfortable with the photographer too so that you can be natural and shine! ;)

lemonzil

khanompang: yes! Totally agree with you! men need a lot of reminders and date lines set for them to start working. think they procastinate a lot when it comes to wedding preparations... majority of them are like that.. When we decided to get married within 100 days, i already am looking at my guest list! my hubby only started working on it after a lot of pushin from me... :p

lemonzil

yes it was... 92 days in exact... mad rush and mad stress.

lemonzil

wow, hahaa...

Why didn't yu give yourselves more time then?

it's either 100 days or 3 yrs... we thought 3 yrs down we'll rather spend on the house.. so might as well..

khanompang

shining_bride: good ones are ex, but there is a reason why they are ex! :) I have to say now, i totally agree with this. I think my AD photography is around 3K plus. Like what rabber said, it's essential that you feel comfortable with your PG, otherwise its really mentally torturing.

lemonzil: yes, after rounds and rounds of nagging at the fiance, he finally got down to speaking to the VG on sunday. I nearly want to kill him! Hahaha...

beegirl

Shining_bride: My photographer is from Msia and he's charging 1k plus , he's my friend and doing pre wedding for bridal shops. I like his work so am engaging him for mine:) if u need I can pass u his contact. The instant print is from Oddy production charging at $399 ( not photobooth) .

beegirl

Rabber: thanks dear! Your gown is so gorgeous! So envy you cause I can never wear a bare back dress due to my ugly back:(

lemonzil

lemonzil: yes, after rounds and rounds of nagging at the fiance, he finally got down to speaking to the VG on sunday. I nearly want to kill him! Hahaha...

I can totally understand what you mean... i also almost strangled the VG even on my AD itself. even my hubby too~ he's a guy with some weird attitude... but at least, his output is acceptable. otherwise i really wont know what to do...

Oic. Someone close passed away?

Hope your wedding was as good as you could have for planning in 100 days then. It is an achievement. Haha...

hubby's paternal grandma passed away and his family is more inclined to traditions. so they sort of insisted for this.
yes, it was good... was a huge achievement for me in fact! i mean i didnt set too much expectations because of many constraints so... i didnt regret any much!

Bibilow

rabber:Your wedding dress is beautiful.I love how the lace surround your back and you look so slim! I wish I could wear something like that too.. But like Beegirl, I do not have a beautiful back so better don't risk it. Shall let my guest have beautiful memories of me.. Ha! And I just realise I put on 2kg. Arrghh. Time to lose some weight. Oh ya.. My future MIL just commented that I should start learning how to cook. Let this be our little ranting corner in future.

Lemonzil: I just surf online and found out that he has a facebook page showcasing some of his works. Looks not too bad. So am hoping he is good. (Crossing my fingers)

Lemonzil/Khanompang: I thought I was the only one having issues with my fiance coz it's so difficult to get him to do stuff for our wedding. And yes, they DO love to procrastinate a lot and I practically need to set deadline for each and every task handed out to him. Even so, I need to nag at him every few days to see if he had completed it.