(2013/11) Nov 2013 BTB

khanompang

beegirl: read your blog, do take care ok? Still got long way to wedding and things are getting more hectic so do boost your immunity! I think you look gorgeous in all your makeup and hairstyles :) so pretty! I hope I look half as well during my ps too! Don't overstress yourself with all the sourcing of stuff, health is more important!

Bibilow

Beegirl: I read through your blog and seems like you really went through a lot for your bridal shoot. But don't worry, you look really beautiful and don't look sick at all. I'm sure you will have a hard time selecting your photos when it's ur turn. My BS finally called me last week so am going down this Sat to choose my photos. Will keep you gals updated how much I spent. Haha! I have also spoke to my fiance about the make up during second march in. So far no objections yet. Hopefully it will stay this way till after the wedding.

khanompang: So far my in laws are quite nice too but then I agree staying with them is totally different. Though I stayed over during the weekends but I really enjoy my freedom when I went back home during weekdays. Hopefully no major conflicts when I need to move in full time. I think respect is the most important factor and I will learn how to endure, tolerate and smile if something goes wrong. :) Ha! We share the same problem. I also slept too much and I can spend my Sunday just sleeping the day away. The good thing is my fiance shares the same hobby as me so we always sleep. I don't think I will have that kind of privilege once I moved over so I sleep while I can. Zzzzz.

BB: Which area did you apply? Am curious coz maybe we'll be neighbours since both our flats will only be ready in 3 years time? Maybe we should all stay in contact and share thoughts on how we manage our in laws after the wedding? After all, life only begins after the BIG day.

nit3angel: At least you will only be staying with your in laws for a short while and then it'll be just you and your hubby in your new place. So where are you holding your banquet?

rabber: I've asked my MUA to recommend someone for my MIL and my mum. She charged $100 per pax and it seems rather ex compared to other freelance MUA. If you like, I can asked my MUA for you.

Offically 6 months left to our BIG day. Counting down....

beegirl

khanompang: Aww, thanks:) Crossing fingers cause i'm selecting photos this Sunday.

Rabber : You can add me on facebook([email protected]) cause i have quite a number of quotes there from freelance mua for mother/bridesmaid at $80/pax. I can paste you their facebook page so you can view their portfolios

Bibilow: Thanks thanks, i also do hope i dont look sick in the photos lol. Woohoo, you are going to select photos on Sat and mine is on Sunday. whee!

Don't overstress about the moving in part ladies, let nature takes its course :) Though we don't stay with mil but she will come to our place time to time, i think by showing respect is the key :)

khanompang

beegirl: hooray! I am sure you will have a big headache again when you select your photos! I am feeling the shoot jitters already, like how to look all natural, happy and pretty. Haha... CHIO most important!

bibilow: Yay! Another one for photo selection! I am feeling the excitement :) I agree with the part that I have more freedom at home, I can sleep till whatever time I like, nobody can say anything cause I wake up for work everyday at 530! But with in-laws, hmm... Hard to say! Yes, we should keep in touch to find strategies to cope with in-laws. ;)

Side note: my wedding bands are ready for collection! I know it's a tad too early but because we were so kiasu we made them really early for we fell in love with the bands right the moment we see them and decided 'that's it! end of search!'

rabber

1111_zps42603fad.jpg

Hi Bibilow,

Yes, could you kindly email me the MUA contacts at [email protected]? Thanks!

By the way, does anyone know where I can find this style for dress for my mum? Hopefully won't cost more than $300?

Bibilow

Beegirl: How much did you spend on your photos? It's really difficult to select when they took about close to 2oo photos and you can only choose say about 30 photos. Arrgghh! We had a hard time deciding which ones to get and spent about close to 4 hours at the bridal studio. However my fiance gave me a pleasant surprise by allowing me to buy additional photos so the photos that I have are the ones that I really want to get. Hurray! I know it will all end up in the storeroom but then... the photos are really beautifully taken. I told him later that I'm willing to compromise on the instant prints but hope that I can have the change of hairdo for 2nd march in. Hehe..

Khanompang: How did the shoot go? Hope the weather was good. How come you need to wake up so early for work? Are you a teacher? I don't have to wake up so early for work but then I like to sleep late so I always don't get enough sleep during weekdays and that's why I like to catch up on my beauty sleep during weekends.

Congrats on getting your wedding bands. Care to share photos of your wedding bands with me? I wanted to get your wedding bands too but my fiance didn't really like their designs so we ended up getting our weddings bands from Lee Hwa.

rabber: I've emailed you the contacts. I need to get dinner dress for my future mother in law too so would be sourcing around in departmental stores soon. Will let you know if I see any similar designs...

beegirl

Bibilow : We did not spend any additional $ :) We get to choose 40 photos out of 150 photos so i thought we chose more than enough. Hee, can't wait to see the after edit effects :) Will set aside budget for instant prints hopefully less than $400 and looking mua who has package all 3 hairdo and 2 mu. Heh

Khanompang : Are u done with the shoot already? How was it?

khanompang

bibilow: So nice of your fiance to let you pick everything you like! Yes, wedding is all about compromising, so happy that no matter what, you and your fiance are happy! That's the most important for prepping for wedding, being happy is the crux! Hahaha, so smart, yes, I teach so I have to crawl (like a zombie) out of my dearest and most comforting bed really early every morning. Doing my shoot early next week, I just pray hard for good weather! I'll send you a picture of my bands :) on fb! My fiance is the opposite, we walked through Lee Hwa, Sookee, Love and Co, Goldheart, even Tiffany and Co, didn't capture that fella's attention at all. He's so particular about his design! Refuses to settle for the normal classic clean angled ones - for a guy, that surely is hard to please. Hahaha, but so long as he is happy!

beegirl: shooting next week! Panicky, what do I need to bring?!

khanompang

rabber: try robinsons? I think they have a rather large collection of mature and glam dresses catered to a variety of sizes!

Bibilow

Beegirl: At least you get to choose 40 photos. Our package only consists of 30 photos and they took close to 200 shoots. It's really tough when you see so many beautiful photos and you have to make the decision to eliminate those you like. Aw.. It's once in a lifetime thingy so let's splurge. We really love the ones that they took for our first location and we chose almost 20+ photos out of the 30 given. So in the end, we had no choice but to purchase additional ones. Haha! Our photos are ready on 28 June after their 1st edit. Am so excited! Will share with you girls when I had the final photos. Can I add you on FB then?

khanompang: Haha.. It's a lucky guess coz teachers are the few occupations I knew that have to get out of bed before day break. I bet you are a Chinese teacher coz your Mandarin seems really awesome. My fiance is the exact opposite. He knew what he wants and even though we went to various places to compare the designs but.... nothing ever captures his eye. Haiz.,. Haha.. Finally you are going for your photoshoot. Don't drink so much fluid the day before your photoshoot else your eyes will look puffy. I brought only balloons for my photoshoot but like what I said earlier, we don't have any creativity so hopefully Beegirl can help you.

Hmmm.. I will go Robinsons and see if there are any suitable one for my future MIL too.

Hihi Fanglinn, Pinky_pek and lemonee.. How's your preparation going on?

Pinky_Pek

Beegirl: At least you get to choose 40 photos. Our package only consists of 30 photos and they took close to 200 shoots. It's really tough when you see so many beautiful photos and you have to make the decision to eliminate those you like. Aw.. It's once in a lifetime thingy so let's splurge. We really love the ones that they took for our first location and we chose almost 20+ photos out of the 30 given. So in the end, we had no choice but to purchase additional ones. Haha! Our photos are ready on 28 June after their 1st edit. Am so excited! Will share with you girls when I had the final photos. Can I add you on FB then?

khanompang: Haha.. It's a lucky guess coz teachers are the few occupations I knew that have to get out of bed before day break. I bet you are a Chinese teacher coz your Mandarin seems really awesome. My fiance is the exact opposite. He knew what he wants and even though we went to various places to compare the designs but.... nothing ever captures his eye. Haiz.,. Haha.. Finally you are going for your photoshoot. Don't drink so much fluid the day before your photoshoot else your eyes will look puffy. I brought only balloons for my photoshoot but like what I said earlier, we don't have any creativity so hopefully Beegirl can help you.

Hmmm.. I will go Robinsons and see if there are any suitable one for my future MIL too.

;)hihi Bibilow,
hehe!! Nothing done yet.. v busy stil searching...
Maybe w go for Bluebay... :)

Any BTB use Bluebay? Can share with me? :)
Thanks!! :)

lemonzil

Pinky Pek, my close friend getting married in Sep is using BlueBay for her BS. So far her feedback was quite good. She went TW for the PS btw. :)

beegirl

Bibilow : I totally feel you :) So how much did you spent for additional photos? My bs charge rm75 for per additional photo.Sure sure add me at [email protected]

khanompang: Remember to have breakfast! Prepare your nu bra, underpants(if necessary) and your heels. Bring your accessories if you will want to wear your own:)

Pinky Pek : Hello :) I had friends who took bluebay too, heard its not bad too. You should quickly go book appointment and get details of the packages as your AD is on Dec which is only 6mths away. You still have to go for photoshoot and etc.

My sil secretly snap shot some photos, show you ladies one of it :)IMG_0498.jpg

khanompang

beegirl: your photo looks so COOL! :) show us more when you get them! Yes, will remember to eat breakfast, a hungry bride-on-shoot is an angry bride-on-shoot! Ya, must wear correct bra for correct dress! I'm so scared I forget about it!

bibilow: no, I'm not a chinese teacher! haha. But thanks for the compliment, that said, I have issues finding a mandarin speaking emcee, my friends speak chinese like they are angmohs! I doubt I can bring balloons which I wanted, my PG is suggesting a sunrise shot, where to find helium balloons so early? :( Anyway, i think guys these days can get more fussy than their gfs, like our fiance on their rings...

pinky pek: have you dropped by to check out their gowns or give them a try? I think trying out the gowns at different BS really gives you the feel if you like them or not. You really need to feel comfortable with them and like the designs.

favouredbride

beegirl: your photo looks so COOL! :) show us more when you get them! Yes, will remember to eat breakfast, a hungry bride-on-shoot is an angry bride-on-shoot! Ya, must wear correct bra for correct dress! I'm so scared I forget about it!

bibilow: no, I'm not a chinese teacher! haha. But thanks for the compliment, that said, I have issues finding a mandarin speaking emcee, my friends speak chinese like they are angmohs! I doubt I can bring balloons which I wanted, my PG is suggesting a sunrise shot, where to find helium balloons so early? :( Anyway, i think guys these days can get more fussy than their gfs, like our fiance on their rings...

pinky pek: have you dropped by to check out their gowns or give them a try? I think trying out the gowns at different BS really gives you the feel if you like them or not. You really need to feel comfortable with them and like the designs.

my fiancé rented a helium tank and lugged it all the way to sentosa for the proposal. perhaps you can rent one for your shoot too! only downside is you have to blow them up yourself (apparently a lot of them burst or flew away when my friends were inflating the balloons).. means you have to be at the shoot location EVEN earlier..

Pinky_Pek

:) thanks All, thanks lemonzil, beegirl and khanompang :)

lemonee

Bibilow: We decide on the wedding date this Apr...so kinda rush for both families...
2nd visit to BS tis month end to choose the PS gowns and same day to HDB for our new flat. Must save AL for honeymoon! :)
Having my photoshoot in Jul...hopefully everything goes smoothly!

Bibilow

Pinky_Pek: Haha..I'm a Bluebay BTB so feel free to ask me any queries. I feel that their service is really top notch but if you are planning to take a local shoot then their photographer and MUA will only come to Singapore on certain months. I took mine in May so if I'm not wrong, their next schedule is in August but I'm worried that you may not have enough time coz you need a few months to edit the photos + get the final layout. Their gowns are quite limited but if it's not an issue then I would strongly recommend them coz their service is really good! My fiance and I even went back to gave them a small token after the photoshoot to thank them for their great service.

Beegirl: Eh.. We spent about close to 2k for the photos. I know it's a bit hefty but my fiance says at least I was happy. So all thanks to him but no more instant print though. Your photos look great! Can't wait for you to share your photos with us.

Khanompang: If it's a big balloons then it can last for 2-3 days but then if you are getting those normal ones then it probably can only last for a few hours. I got mine from Wow!Let's party and they are quite cheap compared to those in shopping centres. I got my brother-in-law to collect it from the balloon store while I was doing my make up so luckily it last till our night shoots.

Lemonee: I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you photoshoot. Ya.. My fiance and I are also saving money for our honeymoon but am just worried that we may not get the departure date we want for our honeymoon. Can only book in August so keeping fingers crossed and hope we can get one that can go on our preferred date.

lemonee

Pinky_Pek: Haha..I'm a Bluebay BTB so feel free to ask me any queries. I feel that their service is really top notch but if you are planning to take a local shoot then their photographer and MUA will only come to Singapore on certain months. I took mine in May so if I'm not wrong, their next schedule is in August but I'm worried that you may not have enough time coz you need a few months to edit the photos + get the final layout. Their gowns are quite limited but if it's not an issue then I would strongly recommend them coz their service is really good! My fiance and I even went back to gave them a small token after the photoshoot to thank them for their great service.

Beegirl: Eh.. We spent about close to 2k for the photos. I know it's a bit hefty but my fiance says at least I was happy. So all thanks to him but no more instant print though. Your photos look great! Can't wait for you to share your photos with us.

Khanompang: If it's a big balloons then it can last for 2-3 days but then if you are getting those normal ones then it probably can only last for a few hours. I got mine from Wow!Let's party and they are quite cheap compared to those in shopping centres. I got my brother-in-law to collect it from the balloon store while I was doing my make up so luckily it last till our night shoots.

Lemonee: I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you photoshoot. Ya.. My fiance and I are also saving money for our honeymoon but am just worried that we may not get the departure date we want for our honeymoon. Can only book in August so keeping fingers crossed and hope we can get one that can go on our preferred date.

Thanks Bibilow! :)
So you going for honeymoon right after your wedding? Book as early as possible?
I might want to delay it to next year, too many things to prepare this year..

beegirl

Khanompang : Thanks for the compliment :) Nu bra can go well with any outfit i think. Anyway i usually get helium balloons at the party shops at victoria street and they last about 8-10hours(depending on the weather) so maybe you can get during the night and maybe they can last till sunrise.

Bibilow : Wow thats really quite huge sum but as long as you two are happy with the photos:) I'm sure the photos will look really good after the edits. Thanks thanks for the compliment, that photo was before i blackout hahaha! We are both face black black kind so i thought the photographer did capture the feel that we wanted:)

Lemonee : Can totally feel the stress there when everything comes together. Anyway good luck with your gown selection and everything:) Let us know here if you need any help:)

khanompang

favouredbride: your fiance really puts in effort to the proposal... To lug a helium tank around is no joke! I think the tank itself is mad heavy, not to mention with air in it. So nice.

beegirl: I think I might just give up on the idea of using balloons. Just bang on the PG's skills and creativity!

bibilow: how come you can only book your honeymoon in August?

lemonee: good luck for your photoshoot! :)

Bibilow

Lemonee: I hope to go to my honeymoon right after my wedding coz am afraid that it will not be easy for me to take so many days after the wedding. So have you decide where you wanna go for your honeymoon? Are you also getting your flat this year and that's why you feel that there are so many things to prepare? Our fiance took more than a year to prepare but then you will only start to really prepare during the last 3 months coz that's when you get to choose your wedding invitation cards, floral decorations for your venue, food tasting, AD gown fitting etc. So relax and enjoy yourself..

Beegirl: It's good that the photographer capture the feel you want. Guess it all boils down to what kind of person you are and when the photographer manage to bring out your personality into the photos and that's the photos you like most. My fiance and I are the super 搞笑 kind of person so that's why we love our first location photos so much coz he manage to capture the feel we wanted. The rest look kinda serious and doesn't suit us at all.

Khanompang: We went NATAS fair in March but then the dates we wanted are not out yet so we can only go to the NATAS fair in August when they will have the November/December dates out. Really hope to get the dates we wanted if not, we have to choose a second honeymoon destination.

Mrs Yeo

hi dear all BTB,

i WAS a Nov bride 2012 ^_^

I had my wedding lunch banquet at Goodwood Park Hotel.

Let me know of any queries dat u have and i will try my best to help =)

I totally can understand the excitement n anxiety for BTB when we r counting down the months to the BIG DAY!!! =)

Mrs Yeo

Dear Beautiful Nov BTB,

I WAS a NOV Bride 2012...hee...
looking through SB forum and thinking back of the wedding preps and actions.

I had my wedding lunch banquet at Goodwodd Park Hotel.
Totally can understand the exctiement and anxiety and frustration during wedding prep and counting dwn the months to yr BIG DAY heee...

pls feel free to ask me if you have any queries and i will try my best to help! =)

rem to get sufficient sleep and start to draw up a timeline with 5 months to go!!!

most importantly, rem to TAKE DEEP BREATHS.

lemonee

Beegirl: Thank you so much ;) ! BTW, you have an interesting blog and i love your PS hairstyles...keep blogging k!

Bibilow:Ya, taking leave is a big problem too.. But it's good to go right after wedding because the honeymoon feel is really there! I personally feel that if go at a later time, the feel is just a holiday trip and not so honeymoon...

Honeymoon we have not decide yet, but HTB is looking at Maldives/Boracay. I don't like shopping trip so looking more at beach/relax trip...
We gotten a queue for the BTO at Bt Batok & next week we're going down to HDB then would stay with the in laws after marriage.
If we manage to get a unit that we want, then HTB would need to repaint his room, we need to get beds for both sides and get the an chuang date and many more!

lemonzil

Hi lemonee, I went to Maldives for my Honeymoon 2 months ago. Although it was a short trip, it was really fantastic and memorable.

if you need any help with Maldvies, I can try to since it's not too long ago. :)

lemonzil

Hi Lemonzil,

Do you have photos to share?
Or can you email me at [email protected].

Thank you so0o0o0o much!

Hi lemonee, sure... I'll pm you the link for photos. Btw, the resort I stayed in was Niyama Maldives. Views will be different depending on which resort you take of course :)

beegirl

Khanompang : YA! Just let the crews do the job. I believe they will let you go with the flow at ease :)

Bibilow : HAHHA! We are totally the opposite type. When it comes to act cute and happy, the photos turned out so weird! LOL
Let's countdown to album collection date :)

Mrs Yeo: Thats so kind of you:) We are indeed counting down already

lemonee : Aww, so nice of you:) I will keep blogging for memories keepsake hee:)

Lemonzil: Eh? You went honeymoon before wedding?

lemonzil

beegirl: haha i'm already married. last min brought foward 1.5 yrs in advance. :D

beegirl

Lemonzil : Ahhh, oops im sorry i didn't noticed earlier heh!

Anyway, anyone here knows where to get polkadot wrapping paper like below one? Wanted to get them to DIY my ang baos
TIA
rp00122_l.jpg

lemonzil

beegirl: no worries. would be glad to share if there's anything I can. :)

have you tried daiso for the design? I'm not sure but sometimes they seem to have any/everything. Otherwise Art Friend?

favouredbride

favouredbride: your fiance really puts in effort to the proposal... To lug a helium tank around is no joke! I think the tank itself is mad heavy, not to mention with air in it. So nice.

beegirl: I think I might just give up on the idea of using balloons. Just bang on the PG's skills and creativity!

bibilow: how come you can only book your honeymoon in August?

lemonee: good luck for your photoshoot! :)

yes was very touched :') but I'm not really a balloons person.. most important is you have sufficient rest and look great during your photo shoot! props don't really matter! :)

lemonzil

beegirl: most welcome! would be glad to share if there's anything needed within my means! :)

beegirl

Lemonzil : Thanks dear. Are you married on Nov too? hee

Charlove: The fb group is quite quiet, if you would like to join, i can add you in, just leave me your fb email address:)

winkydoll

Saw the threads began last year. I only started to book my banquet in Feb this year and the rest of the preparations.

lemonzil

Lemonzil : Thanks dear. Are you married on Nov too? hee

Charlove: The fb group is quite quiet, if you would like to join, i can add you in, just leave me your fb email address:)

beegirl: nope.. i got married 2 mnths ago only. haha.. i was supposed to be a sept 2014 bride.

beegirl

Lemonzil : Ahhh, wow pushed so much forward. But you must be feeling much relieved:)
Actually i kinda feeling can't wait to get over the wedding and go for honeymoon heh

Winkydoll : i've added you in FB :)
Ahhh, have you settled with the banquet and stuffs?

Charlove: I'm only going to print my invitation cards next month =x

lemonzil

beegirl: yeah lor. cos it's either 100 days or 3 yrs. can't wait so have to do it fast lo. :)
Yes, so much more relieved now, all the stress was worth it. At least, all settled, no need to worry about inflation liao!
Jiayou. November will come very fast and before you know it, you're probably enjoying ur honeymoon!

where will you be heading for honeymoon?