(2013/01) Jan 2013 BTB

s0urs0p

I went for hassle-free bridal studio which is cost-efficient at the same time. Decided from the start that I'm not gonna ala carte cos I'll have more headache that way... In terms of choices headache and budget nightmare!

But some of my friends will beg to differ cos they totally enjoy micromanaging every single detail of their wedding and have loads of $$$ to spare! Haha! If u're a perfectionist, ala carte is better cos u'll get to engage the best florist, best designer for the gowns, best photographer, etc. if u go for bridal studio, there's always something which u may hafta compromise.. Like either they dun haf a nice tea dress, flowers choices are limited, or photography style not up to standard, etc.

Hmm.. Asked my fiancé abt wedding bands for
Prewedding photoshoot. He said wedding bands should be officially worn after the solemnization... More significant that way. Cos technically during photoshoot, we're not married yet. Anyway, we have some time between solemnization and dinner for photoshoot with our AD photographer, so the wedding bands can be featured then I guess!

raindeer

wow wow...this thread is getting active. cool!

Ricrea,
I think I will end up with one-stop too.

Kit,
it's Divine Couture. I love their signature low back gowns. so pretty! but most BS have only AD packages. the one stop ones offer AD packages at about $2500-3000.

Gracie,
Budget's one of the consideration too. it's like half price if I go for one-stop. I got my ring first cos my size cant get off the shelf from almost everywhere. so order earlier. just collected!! hehe. one more item striked off the long to-do list.

we should have a fb group...

idalene

Wow! Thanks alot! Btw my AD in Jan too..Im lazy, so tag along with a friend who signed with Z weddxxx. So went to Z wed and Di gio boutique (along the same street), tried a couple of their gowns..z wed ones seem newer, they have new gowns every 3mths and Chris ling PS is like the USP. Di gio's designs are nice, alot of lace and frills but most i saw looks yellowish and old...they have new ones every 5mths..In the end we decide not to take package and decide on Danny L..Actually i recommend those who have not decide on BS to go down to their boutique first, cos initially fm website i like Di Gio's designs until i went down...But ala carte studio will also recommend PS too, as a top-up..Hope this helps..Im also learning, but luckily I have 3 friends getting married around same time =)

idalene

Raindeer: He was recommended by our friend through his wedding planner...think the price is more or less the same, cause we happen to see the friend's list too. Its around 4+, consists of 1OTR WG, 1MTM EG, 1MTM Tux, make up, hair do, flowers, car deco, rental of gowns&suits (PS) and kua(tea)..most importantly you must be comfortable with his style and his designs which i am..you booked your banquet?

Saw from here, alot of headaches booking the venue...im also one of them.. =X

pinkyleo

actually i kind of regret signing up with BS prior to doing any research. i would have gone with PG for pre-wedding shoot instead.

michiyochin

I think Gwyne_mary idea was good. We can collate all our dates altogether to share.

I think most of btb here ad falls on the 27th!~ General hot date for 27th~

I took my bs in taiwan, think should have gotten PG for pre-shoot with renatus who is doing my AD VG. Theirs is more journalistic style.

Confirmed my VG with renatus planning to get my friend to do some PS for AD.

Recently also confirmed our wedding band with Ling Jewellery, cause we are customizing so needed more time. Nov then could collect. Initially wanted to use our current gold couple ring to customized it but realised it might not be too suitable. So ended up with a whole different design. Make me wonder how much budget will btb set for wedding bands. I think we spend quite abit on ours.

Also, sourcing for Gowns since we took our shoot in taiwan and couriering the gowns over is really expensive and they did not include the gowns inside the package. Basically doing ala carte.

Considering bridal affairs gowns for the AD gowns and they provide for guys suits too.

Hotel we booked it last year around Aug. Pretty early for a wedding in 2013 but really afraid the dates will be taken up. Booking earlier, we also manage to get more throw in to our banquet package.

Ladies, add on the list, copy paste and continue the list if you don't mind sharing.
happy.gif

AD: 26 Jan 2013
BTB: michiyochin
BS: FranceParis Taiwan
Banquet: Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
Wedding Band : Ling Jewellery
AD VG: Renatus Photography

AD: 27 Jan 2013
BTB: gwyne_mary
BS: Feline
Banquet: Swissotel Merchant Court

gracie11

Raindeer: I just started going for rings shopping, so many choices & realised that my bf & my ring size quite big.. :/ Mine can still get if they have stock as for my bf need to expand if needed.

Michiyo: I saw some rings from Ling jewellery from a wedding fair, like their design but hv not gone to the shop to look at the full range of rings.

I like the idea of creating a fb group for Jan 2013 btb.. hehe! Anyway, i'll add on to the list as of now. I think i maybe the only btb holding my banquet in restaurant in this thread.. :p

AD : 27 Jan 2013
BTB : Gracie
BS : The Aisle Bridal
Banquet : Teochew City Seafood Restaurant

lishan0613

michiyo: u took your pre-wed shoot already? that's really early!
btw, is it normal to take that long to do customised wedding band?

adding on to the list...
happy.gif

AD: 19 Jan 2013
BTB: Lishan0613
Banquet: Regent Singapore
Pre-wed PG: Melvin Poh Photography
AD VG: misterJL Productions
AD PG: Kent Wong Photography

s0urs0p

Hi! Adding mine too! Haha! My wedding's the earliest so far!

AD: 7 jan 2013
BTB: soursop
BS: Cang Ai
Banquet: The Fullerton Hotel
AD photography: Lushfolio Photography

Banquet : Teochew City Seafood Restauran

michiyochin

We went to a few places before deciding on Ling Jewellery. Before that we went to vivo diamonds and e-clarity. We also went to gold heart too.

We went to vivo diamonds and was told that our current gold ring could be remold into a new one but mentioned that the colour would change and they would have to add some other gold into it.

Being quite skeptical we decided to look around. Then we went to e-clarity, we were serve by 1 sales person who happened to be serving 3 other couples at the same time. =.=||

We requested if our ring could be used to redesigned to a 2 ring kind of design. Were told that it would be possible and will be using our exact same gold ring without any modification but only add on additions. We requested the same thing but e-clarity quoted way cheaper while vivo diamond quoted 2 times more than e-clarity.

Then we decided to go see Ling Jewellery since we already made an appt with him. Andrew was the one that serve us, it was Ling's husband. He was quite nice. He took us a tour in his shop and explain to us about his designs.

We mentioned that we might want to do customization with our current gold rings. He gave us alot of views about cutomization. That our gold rings are 916k thus will be softer to be combine with the addition white gold ring. He also mentioned that he is almost impossible for a gold smith to just melt and re-mold 2 rings as they will usually melt a whole bar to create the rings. If melting and re-molding it would definately cost alot. Thus we advise not to.

We were still considering whether to look for e-clarity as they could do the design we wanted. As i do not want to be having so many rings thus initially wanted to modify our couple ring into a wedding band.

We were looking around the shop and we saw some designs we like. Andrew gave us some quotes for it and we went back to take time to consider.

After discussing with my htb, he decided to go for Ling Jewellery as he really likes the design and Andrew was really sincere.

We arrange to go back to request for him to look for other gems with diamonds for our wedding band.

He mentioned that he needed more time to look for the gems and diamonds of the same size cause i am doing a 3/4 eternity for my band, somewhat same for my htb also. So he mentioned that he needed some time to source for the gems and diamonds of the same size and the gems that we are looking for were pretty rare for that size on the wedding band also thus it will take more longer period of time i guess.

@Gracie : should go down to their shop, they will better explain it to you and your htb.
happy.gif
But have to make appt as they seems always busy. I went in 2 times after work and they were busy serving.

I was also initially deciding for restaurant but the restaurant we KIV was not pretty keen to get back to us. I guess we went to ask around pretty early too. But we were really afraid that the dates would be taken up and we would not want to land up with somewhere we are not too fancy for.

We shoot our pre-shoot already, that time i was maintaining my weight and afraid later part my complexion would get to see myself aging so want to shoot while my face looks young. >.< I'm also afraid later part i would gain more weight so quickly did the shoot. Also to get most of the things prepared. Also, my HTB company is really really hard to apply for leave, happened that he had applied for leave and we initially wanted to go for a holiday and the pre wedding shoot come in time and we decided to go shoot and holiday at the same time. Don't really want to drag our package too long after confirming, afraid that the shop might alter company's term and condition then our package details might be affected. Though they mentioned that the package could last for 10 years but heard stories that BS close down and terms and conditions changes etc...

@lishan : i guess if your wedding band is not too complicated or would not need too much customization it should not take too long.

Also, my htb sister went to e-clarity to get her wedding band but no idea why after the wedding the ring got looser, half a year later it got even looser. But she don't seems to be losing weight. *weird

So far have not seen any btb from the same banquet as me. Not sure if we have made the right choice.

gracie11

Michiyo: Thanks, i'll ask my bf if he is keen to go down to Ling Jewellery to take a look..
happy.gif

As for your banquet, i think is a nice place. A frd of mine like the place and not sure if she sign up with them then. Don worry about it.

I see that some of u already found your AD VG &amp; PG, I think i must secure mine soon.. :p

tanli_li

Adding mine
happy.gif

AD: 5 Jan 2013
BTB: Li Li
BS: Thomson Bridal
Banquet: Peach Garden @ Hotel Miramar

AD: 7 Jan 2013

jktan

And mine too!
happy.gif
Li Li, our wedding is on the same day!

Anyway, anyone engaging instant printing for their wedding?

BTB: Dumbo
BS: Golden Horse Award
Banquet: Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

lishan0613

gracie: apologise for missing you out in the list. guess i was at this page for too long before i posted, din realise u actually posted before me. my bad. *sorry*

soursop: thanks for putting gracie's details back in the list
happy.gif

michiyo: no worries about the venue...crown plaza is a really nice place. i did check with them before, however they have no more available ballroom on my AD.
happy.gif

raindeer

Idalene,
my banquet's at Mandarin Orchard.

Gracie,
we should have a 2013 BTB FB group...closed / secret group. then all the BTBs can share share info. Forum very public. I see you are with The Aisle. That's my one-stop consideration! and we are same day BTB! haha.

raindeer

anyone going to the Style wedding show or Raffles Hotel Show tomorrow? i going the style one. but i also wanna go see the raffles one cos got divine couture!

s0urs0p

No worries lishan!
happy.gif

Anyone has recommendation for renting of bridal car with chauffeur? Fiancé n I wanna be chauffeured! Hehe..
I'm looking for merc, BMW, etc.. Hasn't really decided yet..

Yeah we should totally have a Facebook grp! Then we can post pics n share files too! This forum has too many restrictions.. Like I can't even type we-d-d ah ing t-w er e ets here..

inouenaoko

all Jan 13 BTB so active in forum.=)

Gracie:my banquet is holding at restaurant as well.hehe

Add on:

BTB: inouenaoko
BS: Z wed
Banquet: Peony Jade @ Clarke Quay

raindeer

I'm the 4th 27 Jan BTB to add to the list

BTB: Raindeer
BS: TBC
Wedding Band: Cartier
Banquet: Mandarin Orchard

ricrea

Adding to the list
happy.gif

BTB: ricrea
BS: tbc
Banquet: Sheraton Towers

gracie11

Wow! the list is getting longer.. i tik we should do a fb group for Jan 2013 btb.. haha! Let me see if i can try to create a group (not vy IT savvy.. :p)

inouenaoko: I was considering Peony Jade when looking for venue then..
happy.gif

Raindeer: *Hi-five*, btw give me your email address &amp; i send you my TA package.

Hi hi,

Wow so many 19Jan brides here. Im one of them...

Adding to the list

BTB: meyny_pendy
BS: Feline &amp; Whitelink
Banquet: Grand Hyatt
AD VG: Octopus Wedding
AD PG: from Whitelink

gracie11

Have accept meyny &amp; michiyo in the group.

Kit, come join us in the group as well.. the more the merrier.. haha!
happy.gif

raindeer

Gracie,

thanks for creating the group!!

I've just requested to join too!

just wondering, would you wanna open to all 2013 BTBs so we can have more ppl to share?

princessie

thanks gracie for setting up the fb group. wonderful idea! ;)

adding on to 19 Jan...

Hi hi,

Wow so many 19Jan brides here. Im one of them...

Adding to the list

BTB: meyny_pendy
BS: Feline &amp; Whitelink
Banquet: Grand Hyatt
AD VG: Octopus Wedding
AD PG: from Whitelink

AD: 19 Jan 2012
BTB: Princessie
Banquet: GCW

herwink

MY DREAM WEDDING package to let go..

For personal reasons, there is no point for me to hold on to the package..
Deposit paid 1500 ( u NAME ur price for me to let go - negotiable )

U offer ur price for my deposit ..

Feel free to ask if you are not sure if u haven gone down to the BS.. Many signed up w MDW cos of their photographic skill.. They have a variety of gowns which in that contract. He said I could up to 80% of the dresses there. Also note that for PS they provide a 7 seater vehicle, 1PG 1 assistant 1 MUA and driver to follow u thruout ..

As I bought my package last year. U would be getting more value here than buying from there now .

Await your OFFER..
feel free to email [email protected] for more details..