(2011) 2011 Brides

orange82

hi all BTBs,I realise by sharing my very own proposal story, i can get free credit to start shopping from the U.S. You can post all your your romantic proposal stories!when i went into their website, they even have lots of bridal ideas and inspirations i can get from the US. I always feel foreign countries has got lots of nice stuff that we should incorporate into asian weddings :p. But traditional parents may find that we are not following customs :p heheh Don't miss out on this, https://www.facebook.com/pages/comGateway/178060580661

sharonsg

Hi there, all fellow 2011 BTBs,

I'm pre-selling my Kua (about M size). It is very beautiful with gold & silver embroidery and raised dragon & phoenix.

I bought this brand new from a shop called Kam Fat in HK for S$600 last December. I have used this once for outdoor photoshoot (hence the photos) and I will be using it again for the tea ceremony on 24 July 2011. Therefore, the kua will only be available after 25 July.

1702032.jpg

My height is 1.55m and waist 32", but the skirt is adjustable for height and waist. My chest is 34".

With the kua, I can include the kua shoes (size 5 with 1" heels, will be brand new, not the ones in the photo), a very pretty wire hairpiece, and a red hibiscus hairpiece.

Price is negotiable. Email me at [email protected] for more details/more photos.

Sharon

sapphire05

Hi all...

Ive MIA for a while. hee...

Ive finally selected my gowns. So happy.. but it's a huge hole to my pocket (Ive to pay a high top-up). But I think it's worth it.

It's a once in a lifetime event... money can be earned back, memories cannot be replicated
happy.gif

phylline

hey sapphire! long time no see! ive MIA for a very very long time too! hahaa

so your MTM gowns ready? any pictures to show us? :p

animelover

Heya ladies, do you think it's worth to spend $10k or more to go for facials just for the Big Day?

I'm considering SK-II spa boutique for its Ravishing Brides Program (my colleagues and boss recommend their products) but it's so so expensive!

Am also booking the Loft Suite at Pan Pac Hotel, the price is crazy too!

crypaz

$10K for facials is very expensive....Even if you purely buy their products i think the most add up a few thousands.....

I personally wouldn't spend $10K for facial purely for Big Day....unless you really see the value in spending that amount or you have alot of excess cash....

prisci11a

Hi all, I'm finally married!!! I think I passed my exam since most of the guests complimented on the food and my photobooth

houseoflove

hi prisci11a, congrats on ur wedding! =
Where did u hold ur wedding?

need ur advice..i am currently considering icleeq too for my wedding..do u tink the photobooth is worth it? how many hrs did u engage for? Did you opt for any reprints? I heard the booth is place outside the ballroom..does tat mean the guests would not want to come out to use it once they are in the ballroom and dinner starts?

prisci11a

Houseoflove, I got them from 7-11pm @ $850 for unlimited shots and multiple re- prints based on number of ppl in e photos. My friends enjoyed it n even some of our older relatives also took photos
happy.gif
for multiple re- prints, they are a bit slow.. So u may have to pass out the photos later urself.

My guests came out on n off during the dinner to take photos still... Total had 121 photos... My layout was for 3 poses eavh

houseoflove

thanks prisci11a! you have been a great help! =)

icleeq states that they will be providing the props..do you tink its enough or shd we buy some more ourself?

hmm ur package is cheaper le..i am thinking of taking 4hrs photobooth + 4hrs unlimited reprints and the cost is $925 lo...

prisci11a

Houseoflove, I signed up last year, so mb they had a rate increase, try to ask for a discount? Their props are enough unless you have some special theme in mind... But mb u can ask them if they have e props to match ur theme as well.

twinkle_123

Hi All,

I have an Orchard Hotel Wedding Banquet to be held this year. Deposit of SG$5000 is paid. Willing to let go of the deposit at a cheaper rate.

The package is signed during hotel wedding road show with attractive perks.

Interested parties pls PM me. Thanks.

clintomania

Hi ladies,
Just a question to ask.. I've just send out save the date SMS to my friends.. And 1 of them replied asking me if he can bring his gf along.. How should I turn him down nicely?

strikingreality

Clint - Had the same issue. Just say that you have more or less arranged the tables already, however, if someone drop out, he can of course bring his gf along. Just hope that the AP size increase proportionally. :p

Otherwise, just say that you would like to keep it to close friends only. Hope you don't mind. And usually they are okay about it and understand so.

clintomania

Kass: my AD is about 2 months away.. so just trying to gauge the response first.. I've told him that I will confirm with him again..

Your AD gowns look gorgeous!
Thanks for the advice!

strikingreality

Thanks Clint!

Yeah, usually I will give a non-committal answer first then confirm closer to the date.

Your AD is in August yeah? Hope the preparations are going well!
happy.gif
So fast a lot of us from the 2011 thread are "graduating" already!

clintomania

Kass, now im sending out save-the-dates.. sending them early since my AD falls on the long weekend..

btw, i love your bird cage veil.. may i know where did u buy it from?

strikingreality

clint - my birdcage veil is actually juz a piece of Russian netting. Then my MUA made it into a veil and secured with flowers on top. :) I originally intended to make my own veil but my wedding designer told me don't neeed. You can buy ready made ones in Chomel or Evita Peroni. Tangs also have, if your studio doesn't provide.

sapphire05

May I know where did you girls buy the cakes from (the cakes where the bride's side wants from the groom - to give away to the relatives & friends of parents)?

prisci11a

I gt mine from gin thye, they have e traditional teochew cake as well as the better cakes - box of 8 or 10, forgot Liao. About $9.80 a box

sapphire05

Hi Priscilla, thanks.

The ones that you ordered - are those the traditional ones or the modern kind like an assortment of fruit tart and cakes etc?

strikingreality

Hello Sapphire05!

I also ordered from Gin Thye. They have both traditional Hokkien/Teochew pastries, butter cakes, fruit tarts etc. I order the small cakes - assortment of 10 pcs for $7.80. They also have wholecakes without buttercream, like marble cake, walnut cake etc.

You can order from many places... even your bakery downstairs would be able to do the order. But the popular ones would be Savory Fare, Kyo pastry, Chocz, Pine Garden, Pat's Pastry etc.

Try to order from one near your house or your HTB's place, so that it is easy for him to collect during GDL and go to your place after that, if the bakery doesn't deliver.

phylline

hey guys
im thinking of having a photobooth for my wedding banquet so that I can get the guests more involved and the dinner will be more fun and entertaining.

however my husband to be is very against the idea as he feels its a waste of money.

hence i am toying with the idea of having eith polaroid cameras or disposable wedding camera on each table.

ive done such research and seems like its quite pricey to have polaroid cameras on each table and the costs will be the same as photobooth.

Having disposable wedding cameras is a much cheaper alternative but we will need to develop the photos for the guests, meaning they wont be able to view the photos on the spot, which makes the whole thing a lot less fun.

do you girls have any suggestions?

my wedding is end next month and i dont have much time.. oh my!! panic! could you girls help out? thanks!!! much appreciated!!
happy.gif

pinkglove

hi phylline, my wedding is just over. We also spent a long time deliberating over whether we should have a photobooth for our wedding and researched for so many vendors.

Finally we decided to engage Knot n pic for our photobooth after much comparison with many other vendors. They are priced very reasonablely and exceeded our expectations. They did a wonderful personalized template for us and brought along with them many fun props. All our guests enjoyed it tremendously, even the older relatives because the PG was VERY engaging and warm. They were all pleasantly surprised that they can all bring back a copy of the photos too.

If u had engaged vendors who provides machines that take instant photos, these machines usually print only ONE per shot, meaning to say if u have a group of 4 people, they would need to take 4 shots to bring back a photo each. Hence, I greatly recommend Knot n pic with their thumbs up service and enthusiasim.

Me and my hubby did a review after our wedding and this was one of the best decision we have made because it made our reception so much livier and we truely enjoyed taking fun photos with the guests and our guests were pleasantly surprised with this service provided. Some told me it left a wonderful impression and they wouldn't mind coming earlier for wedding receptions the next time if they have activities to be engaged in. =)

Hope this helps =)

pinkglove

hi phylline, it's best to check the package with them because they are priced according to the no. of pax =)

clint: thanks babe =)

Hi Pink glove, thanks for the info regarding the photobooth. Did you guys face any issue with the guests queuing up for the photos where it create human jam? I understand they have the roaming photography as well? Did u engage that service? Thanks!