(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

caro

Hello Gals, my wedding was last Sat! Phew!!! I feel like a big load off my shoulders!
happy.gif

At this point in time, I think you gals should just not bother too much and take it easy! Those who fly kite just let them fly coz there is no point being worried and stressed or even upset over them! I also had a handful who did that, i.e. forgot about the wedding (when we reminded just 1 week before), a handful didnt even inform that they cannot come, etc. But the ballroom was still 95% packed and the remaining guests made up for these missing people!

We had a fab and unforgettable time considering we had a very special 2nd march in which we surprised the guest half-way, cutting short our Canon in D song and suddenly played the "Nobody" song and danced into the ballroom with our entourage of 16 jie-meis and xiong-dis and flowergirls. I think it was a funny and different thing to do and the guests all enjoyed and had a good laugh over it!

Anyway many congratulations to all Oct BTBs and best wishes! May you all be beautiful on your wedding day and be filled with bliss and happiness for your marriage!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

caro

Hi J2010T,

We reminded our guests whom we gave out the invites like 6-7 weeks before the wedding and didnt want anyone to forget... its up to you actually....for the rest of the guests, especially relatives, whom we gave only 2-3 weeks before the wedding, we didnt bother....

xiaomau

hi all brides..

need to ask soemthing...
i know we r not suppose to go hospital n those funeral stuff now..

but if my bestie just had a miscarriage.. can i go meet her or can she help at wedding?

i mean... i really dunno... but.. if i dun go hopsital at least can meet her right?

thiasy

Probably she might be out of hospital already.. you can go and visit her at her house?

It might not be so gd to ask her to help out in your wedding in view of her condition. You still have other helpers right? probably can ask the rest to help.
happy.gif

xiaomau

thanks girls..
we had a talk.. and.. im just gg to meet her la... maybe not this week but... i guess.. just take it as nthing can liao...

how is everyone with the wedding preps?
mine is in big headache...
i feel my hotel coordinator like so boh chup like tat.. irritated.. the food tasting wasnt good... it was like.. the food was quite normal, presentation wasnt good... food wasnt good... seriously... wouldnt really rec it..

the only gd news for me is tat...
its gg to be over in less than 20 days and it'll be outta my life forever...

j2010t

xiaomau- did u voice out to ur hotel coordinator? coz food is the most important.

i have just done my wedding progamme. just small amendments

rainbowgal23

for me, the guo da li was completed on 11 oct. so now, finalising the table arrangement.

yes, the only gd news to me is that i will move out of my current place soon!! I look fwd to start a new life in a new place with my husband. A lot of things happened during the wedding prep which made me feel that nothing is as important as the person whom i am spending the rest of my life with.

thiasy

For me, everything had been finalised, all vendors informed. Just left helper's briefing to be done today and sunday respectively. Church rehearsal on sunday. Just pray hard not much hipcups on actual day.

la_vie_en_rose

happy wedding to all 10 oct brides.

so glad its finally over. on actual day afternoon, i called my coordinator to cut one table and change it to reserve. lucky the coordinator agree.

the banquet manager is very pro-active and gan chiong. everything also brief. but its quite smooth except for the part before dinner when my back button pop out and i have to re-sew it frantically.

rainbowgal23

sandee> i bought fruit tarts from Pine Garden. I think it is abt 8.90 or 9.90. Cant remember the pricing. The feedback is good. The fruit tarts are fresh and sweetness is juz nice.

sandee

One more qns.

Where did ur mother/mother-in-laws buy their dresses or cheongsam from?

Coz mum is quite plumb XL or XXL size..

joylyl

Hey gals,

May I check the reasonable range for the angbao $ to give to our photographer, videographer, MUA and emcees? Kinda afraid give below market price.

rainbowgal23

we are thinking to give:
1) Photographer: $18 each
2) MUA: $28 each
3) MC: $28
4) Driver: $28

what are the rest giving? do share as I also afraid giving below market rate. As we didn't ask our jiemei and xiong di to wear the same color theme, we are providing $68 each for their help for the day.

whyy

sandee: you can try Mama & Missy too. My mum and sister gotten their cheongsams there. They have pretty large sizes too.

My sis gotten at the Holland V branch and my mum bought hers at peoples park. Think there is another outlet at International Plaza...

ds_gerl

gals, wat time do u arrange ur PG & VG to arrive in the morning?
cos only got 10hrs for PG & 12 hrs for VG... dun think they can come as early as the MUA... and VG requires at least 6hrs to complete the express highlights... time coordination is very impt...

thiasy

Mine is a lunch. So I request my VG to complete express highlights within 1 hr? I have added in some videoclips, so he only need to do the remaining half of the montage. to simply editing, i only request for church ceremony to be included in the highlights (March in, saying of vows, march out). hopefully he can complete in 1 hr..

My VG and PG both 10 hours.
VG: 7am to 5pm (**My MUA start makeup at 7am)
(Bride's home, Church, Banquet lunch, Tea ceremony)
(** Got another friend as PG to take photos at my house in the morning)

PG: 9.30am to 7.30pm
(Cover from church, banquet lunch, tea ceremony, outdoor photoshoot)

blueystar

My MUA coming at 530am n VG comi in at 6am.. our schedule is by 12pm + should end n VG should b done by 12pm +... ROM is at 7pm so he shld b ard by 630pm....

ds_gerl

avatar, bluey> u mean ur VG is coming earlier than PG?

my MUA will be coming at 630am.. and might be getting the PG & VG to come at 730am... cos ardy paid extra for MUA to come b4 7am... HTB dun want to spend extra money again for PG & VG... and it will also mean we will hv to pay extra in the evening...
we r also planning to end AM session by 12+pm... hopefully there r no hiccups lor... hence dun think we r able to take any outdoor shoots in the day
sad.gif

our ROM starts at 530pm and will be getting HTB's fren to help us take photos...

joistar

@ winspin (rainbowgal23)

Actually I think there is no market rate for AP for helpers. It is in fact like a lucky AP. So depends on how much you can give and also how much help you think each and every one of them have contributed. As my Make-up artist been very helpful and go out of her way to do things for me, I gave her $50. Driver we gave $88 because he went to do a polishing for his car for our wedding ( We also used his car).

As for PG & VG, I think better idea for MUA to do most of the work on you if not wasting time also because we don't want pictures with messy hair and no make-up also. Unless you have programs or customs happening in your house while you are getting your make-up done.

HTH

la_vie_en_rose

from experience, the pg don't take any pics when i was making up.
she started taking 10 - 15 mins later. Usually they don't take as there isn't any colour and the bride will look too pale.

on my actual day the mua is late. my pg and vg all arrived and waiting for her. i nearly got a heart attack cos my mum demanded that i leave the house before 9 am or she won't be involved in the wedding activities. and i told the mua abt it and she's still late. aiz.

blueystar

DS_gerl: My PG is my friend so he is nt tt calculative abt time as for my VG, he so happened to stay nearby my place so damn heng, no addition cost involved. My VG told me he nds 6 hrs for the Morning express to b ready n our hotel is near his workpl so again things worked out easily n I told him as long as he is here by 6.3o-6.45pm I m okie...

ds_gerl

bluey> same for me... VG needs at least 6hr to do up the express highlights and that not inclusive of travelling time...

val> oh no... then wat happened? hw long is she late for the makeup?

lovebirds

Hey all brides,

I have 2nos.of 10% discount vouchers from Occasion Boutique for your bridesmaid dresses. Giving them to those who need FOC !!!

I got them from BOWS but my wedding will only be held next year, so it's useless to me.

They are located at Raffles City and The vouchers are valid till 30 Nov 2010 only. Please PM me soon if you are interested.

Cheers! Liz

1549442.jpg
1549443.jpg

la_vie_en_rose

ds_gerl:
she reached at 7 am. i was so stressed and worried.

and still need to make her bun up my hair cos she wanted to let my hair loose at both sides. she tell me to bun it up myself later. nearly fainted. But in the end she did do for me.

anw girls don't worry too much for the wedding on actual day just let your helpers run the show. everything will be perfectly fine. :D

rainbowgal23

my MUA will reach at 7am .. same time as photographer. my HTB will fetch me at around 930am.

evening time, MUA will reach at 3.30pm cos' my ROM is at 530pm.

lovebirds

Hi Laetitia,

Yes the vouchers are available. But you can only use one voucher at one time.

if you are still keen, please drop me an email or your mobile number and we can make arrangements.

simpleyy

hi i am october bride and would like to let go my precious wedding gown by a japanese designer - yumi katura style.

the features:
1. elegant base gown
2. hand-made big flower can be attached to the front.
3. one layer of lace gown can be added to the base gown
4. a three meter long train - handmade lace embroidery along the edge.

very nice and elegant - contact me at [email protected] for a try. UK10 86CM -68CM -92CM

1555206.jpg

1555207.jpg

1555208.jpg

1555209.jpg

joyyoung80

hi there,

I am selling a brand new priscilla of boston-melissa sweet wedding gown (style Fiesole). I purchased it from U.S., paid tax both on US and SG(charged by the custom when send it in) and very expensive shipping cost. Just received it yesterday and found it actually doesn't suit me....

the dress is brand new with tag, US size 8 althought personally think it fits a US 6 better, and it can altered easily. Pls see the detail of the dress here, pls notice the dress is ivory in color, doesn't look as shinning as it in the vedio which was caused by flash. pls see the pic attach for actual color.
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/Designer-Bridal-Gowns-Reverie-Style-50951?&f5=REV

pls email me at [email protected] or contact me at 9108 3346 if you are interested. thanks

1758337.jpg